Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,620

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160640 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
Jesus is not a prophet of Islam. He is considered a prophet in Islam. The biblical Jesus is a character, who has hijacked the true son of Mary in my humble view.
Your "humble" view?

LOL!!!

Yours is the most arrogant "view" in the entire thread, you "Ignorant Fool."
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#160641 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
If none of the prophets ever prophecied, why would the Jews be expecting a messiah - because the prophets fortold his coming - check your facts.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).
What child or son would be called God- none but Jesus himself?
Can't be Jesus. There has been anything but peace for the last 2000 years. Much of the lack of peace perpetrated by followers of Jesus.

"That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of HaShem of hosts doth perform this."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160642 Jan 28, 2013
CORRECTION:

The problem with you (bmz) is that you are YOU.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160643 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't be Jesus. There has been anything but peace for the last 2000 years. Much of the lack of peace perpetrated by followers of Jesus.
"That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of HaShem of hosts doth perform this."
Do you expect a Messiah who will not die, forever, or one who WILL die, but whose "kingdom" will persist forever ON EARTH, however long FOREVER might be on earth, which may or may not be when our sun blows up or something?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160645 Jan 28, 2013
Maybe he had a heart after God, but David was neither just nor righteous.

Nathan told him so.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#160646 Jan 28, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me how the muztards think they own god.
The morons also think they understand god.
Everybody and every religion has a different opinion.
In the modern world only the fuckwit muztards murder and terrorise for their make believe version of god.
I wonder why they are hated.
aussiejohn

Madrid, Spain

#160647 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the abuse of minors acceptable according to the Catholic Church's teachings? No! Because men have failed to live up to their commitment to God does not mean Jesus has not revealed His Truth to His Catholic Church. Even among Jesus' twelve apostles there was one that fell short of his calling in Christ Jesus. Should all of Jesus apostles abandon Him, saying:“Look what one of His closest followers has done, let us too betray and leave Him.”
Failed to live up to their commitment to god??? I think covering up instituionalised abuse goes way past that Paul. The RCC puts its earthly well-being ahead of any spiritual foundation it may once have had. The treatment of liberation theology in South America is just another, lesser, though bloodier example of Vatican hierarchy clamouring over the bodies of the destitute faithful. Sorry, the "they are only human" excuse doesn't cut it. Those in the red robes in Rome are less than human.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160648 Jan 28, 2013
John wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how the muztards think they own god.
The morons also think they understand god.
Everybody and every religion has a different opinion.
In the modern world only the fuckwit muztards murder and terrorise for their make believe version of god.
I wonder why they are hated.
"Christians" at one time also murdered "heretics" precisely because they were "heretics," but then enlightenment thinking, or rationalism, reduced the power of the theocratic state, in the west, that is, and then, eventually, Christianity recovered its advisory role. Islam is entering that transitional phase now, but with graver consequences, because unlike Christianity, which is the word of many commentators, often disagreeing, Islam is the word of only one man, Mohammad, and he was a murderer.

IOW, it's going to get much worse before Mohammadanism is finally repudiated by MUSLIMS, not to mention the rest of the world, as INCOMPATIBLE with human freedom: of thought; of association; of conscience; of religion.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160649 Jan 28, 2013
aussiejohn wrote:
Those in the red robes in Rome are less than human.
No, they are human.
aussiejohn

Madrid, Spain

#160650 Jan 28, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are human.
Okay, can we compromise and say they are deeply flawed humans then. Either way, why on earth do intelligent people bow their heads and be let by such villains? Ducking responsiblity for how you live you life isn't very inspiring. Can't imagine god cares much for the argument that goes something like, "but they told me it was the right thing to do."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160651 Jan 28, 2013
aussiejohn wrote:
Okay, can we compromise and say they are deeply flawed humans then.
There is no compromise on my part. You were wrong, period.
aussiejohn wrote:
Either way, why on earth do intelligent people bow their heads and be let by such villains?
Cowardice is my guess.
aussiejohn wrote:
Ducking responsiblity for how you live you life isn't very inspiring. Can't imagine god cares much for the argument that goes something like, "but they told me it was the right thing to do."
If you were a Pole, living in Auschwitz, and you suspected that Jews were being systematically murdered right down the street in some "work camp" that the Nazis had set up, what would you do to stop it, if anything?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160652 Jan 28, 2013
TURD,

Did the Holocaust of Jews occur, or not?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160653 Jan 28, 2013
aussiejohn,

TURD is one of the islamozombies who track my posts, not you.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160658 Jan 28, 2013
Scent of Memories wrote:
hello :)
So what you think of the Minister of High Education in Iran , and mmmm also the director of the Iranian National Museum (Who is a she, I guess you know) they've been in news in Iran recently .
<quoted text>
I don't know. Fill me in with all the juicy details.

bmz

Singapore

#160659 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your humble view makes no sense. What do you base your view of Jesus on; the koran? Hardly a good source, since there is no reason to accept the koran as anything more then the work of many men over many decades. The koran now used was writen by a man decades after mohammad died and all the other version's' burnt. Does not give one much faith in its accuracy or divine origin.
No worries about Qur'aan. It was revealed.

Now, what was revealed to Jesus by God? The New Testament?

I base my view of Jesus on the New Testament, a book written by a multitude of unknown men, who never sat in the company of Jesus.

bmz

Singapore

#160660 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
Those, who said Jesus was God, should have had their
tongues and throats slit.- BMZ this just shows your blood lust, and that your God is not a God of Love but of War.
"And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy." (Revelation 16:5-6).
God will make the middle east water turn to blood and make, all the bloodthirty muslims drink it. For in the end days the muslim empire will rise and begin a mass slaughter of Jews and christians, and God will make the Middle east drink the blood they lusted for. Allah is bloodthirty, and requires mass human sacrifice, just like Moloch.
Sometimes, I try to emulate Jesus' language given in Revelation crap, which I consider a Drug Store, written by a sad, depressed person, who was high on drugs and hallucinated.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#160661 Jan 28, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-42

Chapter 86 Quality of friend

"Let your friend be such that, even as he wills to correct you, so he may receive correction; and even as he wills that you should leave all things for love of God, even so again it may content him that you forsake him for the service of God. "But tell me, if a man know not how to love God how shall he know how to love himself; and how shall he know how to love others, not knowing how to love himself?

Assuredly this is impossible. Therefore when you choose you one for friend (for truly he is supremely poor who has no friend at all), see that you consider first, not his fine lineage, not his fine family, not his fine house, not his fine clothing, not his fine person, nor yet his fine words, for you shall be easily deceived.….

Thaddaeus answered: "But if perhaps a man shall have a friend who is not such as you have said, O master? What ought he to do? Ought he to forsake him?" Jesus answered: "He ought to do as the mariner does with the ship, who sails it so long as he perceives it to be profitable, but when he sees it to be a loss forsakes it. So shall you do with your friend that is worse than you: in those things wherein he is an offence to you, leave him if you would not be left of the mercy of God."

Chapter 87 Be enemy of your flesh

"Woe to the world because of offences. It needs must be that the offence come, because the entire world lies in wickedness. But yet woe to that man through whom the offence comes. It were better for the man if he should have a millstone about his neck and should be sunk in the depths of the sea than that he should offend his neighbour. If your eye be an offence to you, pluck it out. For it is better that you go with one eye only into paradise than with both of them into hell. If your hand or your foot offend you, do likewise; for it is better that you go into the kingdom of heaven with one foot or with one hand, than with two hands and two feet go into hell."

Simon, called Peter: said "Lord, how must I do this? Certain it is that in a short time I shall be dismembered." Jesus answered: "O Peter, put off fleshly prudence and straightway you shall find the truth. For he that teaches you is your eye, and he that helps you to work is your foot, and he that ministers aught to you is your hand. Wherefore when such are to you an occasion of sin leave them; for it is better for you to go into paradise ignorant, with few works, and poor, than to go into hell wise, with great works, and rich. Everything that may hinder you from serving God, cast it from you as a man casts away everything that hinders his sight."

And having said this, Jesus called Peter close to him, and said to him:* "If your brother shall sin against you, go and correct him. If he amend, rejoice, for you have gained your brother; but if he shall not amend go and call afresh two witnesses and correct him afresh; and if he shall not amend, go and tell it to the church; and if he shall not then amend, count him for an unbeliever, and therefore you shall not dwell under the same roof where under he dwells, you shall not eat at the same table whereat he sits, and you shall not speak with him; insomuch that if you know where he sets his foot in walking you shall not set your foot there."

Note: Compare this with how it is recorded in other Gospels - MUQ
(Abridged)

bmz

Singapore

#160662 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your notion of prophecy is at odds with much of the prophets within the tanach. They didnt forcast the future, rather they scolded the present.
Thank you very much.

bmz

Singapore

#160663 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
"... there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: FOR HE WOTE OF ME. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" (John 5:45-47).
Jesus declared that Moses prophecied about him, not Mohammad.
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren(tribe), like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:18-19).
Please, do not look for Jesus in Deut 18:18 as it does NOT say:

"I will raise them up a Son of God or God from among their brethren(tribe), like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Thanks
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#160664 Jan 28, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with you is that you are a Muslim.
Is that a "Problem"? That is the greatest gift of all gifts we have from our Creator!!

Look at these Bible Thumpers speaking in language no one can understand.

Look at these "authentic Jews", living in a world of their own.

Look at Hindus, doing things which no sane person shall do.

And look at "atheists" like you, flipping from one extreme to another extreme, sometimes posing as a Christian, sometimes as a Buddhist!!

It is indeed a great gift, to be on the middle road and be on the shortest and straight path that reaches to our Creator.

Why should we consider this is a problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skeletons Shed Light on Ancient Earthquake in I... Tue Jacob 1
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Sep 29 Roberts 1
Ancient Musical Chamber Discovered in Turkey Sep 29 Born free - Molon... 4
Science uncovers story of slaves at Nashville Zoo Sep 19 X-TREME BIAS 2
Mystery Sep 19 rick doninger 2
The Sphinx's missing Crown Sep 18 Randall Moore 1
Kurt Simmons: Verbal inspiration and inerrancy ... Sep 15 eee 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE