Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#160623 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
The Prophet Daniel fortold exactly when the messiah would come, read this and open your eyes to Gods truth before its too late, argueing over whether we should call it the old testament or not, does not matter, it is Gods word:
Read this - there is none so blind as those who will not read:
www.idiotsforjesus.org/publications/issues/5_...
What language did Daniel prophesize in?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160625 Jan 28, 2013
Here you will find the very name of Jesus in the Old Testament, proof that he is the Jewish Messiah:

www.menorah.org/yeshname.html

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160626 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
Here you will find the very name of Jesus in the Old Testament, proof that he is the Jewish Messiah:
www.menorah.og/lickme.html
The questions are backing up.

Please respond.
Anonymous

Birmingham, UK

#160627 Jan 28, 2013
what you say is true john preacher. Muhammad is not like moses as he is not of the jewish tribe. but jesus did not have a father something that both muhammad and moses share, they both also married and had children, something jesus did not have.
look jesus is highly respected in islam as one of the greatest of all time. remember though, Moses did warn the jews that they had one more chance, and remember when prophet abraham prayed to the lord he asked for blessings on the descendants of Isaac, from which the jewish people and thier many prophets derived, but also asked god not to miss ishmael out, and so god bestowed onto him the greatest prophet from his descendants.
when Jesus arrived to the people, they asked if he was one of 3, the messiah the final prophet or the other ( antichrist). he answered the messiah. in answer to your previous question, i said that on the face of this earth right now there are countless interpretations of the bible. while there is only one divine scripture of the qu'ran. in the book of psalms it says
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:
"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."
"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."
In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:
Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said,'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said,'This is evident sorcery!' "
All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.
John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."
Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you fr
2 years ago Report Abuse
Additional Details
Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".
"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.
Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was
2 years ago
comtinuation please -----
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160628 Jan 28, 2013
Jesus told the disciples not to depart from Jerusalem until the comforter the holy spirit had come.
"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which,saith he,ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. " (Acts 1:4-5).
And they waited in Jerusalem until he came, so how could this refer to Mohammad. Unfortunetly you are twisting bible scriptures to fit your view, instead of letting them speak for themselves. There is no interpretation needed. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would come in a few days , and he did. By the way the holy spirit was only present in the world in the prophets, priests and kings, not the ordinary man. But God said a time would come when he would pour out his spirit on all common people. This happened at pentacost and was prophecied by Joel:
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" (Joel 2:28).
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160629 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The questions are backing up.
Please respond.
You don't comment on the articles I post as links, so why should I respond. Anyway I tried of throwing pearls of wisdom before sw__e. If you had read the articles you may actually see the truth but there is none so blind as those who will not read. Good night.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160630 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he is a real politician but he is a very down to earth man and a very simple person.
LOL
You have fuckd up your mind hopelessly.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160631 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you keep the feasts festivals and holy days commanded in the Tanakh? Keep kosher? Observe Shabbat?
Accually I have kept the festivals as I attend a Messianic Jewish Church.
Do you keep the law of Moses by offering your sin offerings. If not then how are your sins being forgiven, for only the sin offerings can cleanse sin according to the Mosaic law.
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#160632 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't comment on the articles I post as links, so why should I respond. Anyway I tried of throwing pearls of wisdom before sw__e. If you had read the articles you may actually see the truth but there is none so blind as those who will not read. Good night.
This is what I love. The Christians criticize the Muslims for the use of the word pig, but here is one of their own using the same word.
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#160633 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you keep the law of Moses by offering your sin offerings. If not then how are your sins being forgiven, for only the sin offerings can cleanse sin according to the Mosaic law.
What sin do you speak of?
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#160634 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I attend a Messianic Jewish Church..
Don't you love the oxymorons?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160635 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your notion of prophecy is at odds with much of the prophets within the tanach. They didnt forcast the future, rather they scolded the present.
If none of the prophets ever prophecied, why would the Jews be expecting a messiah - because the prophets fortold his coming - check your facts.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

What child or son would be called God- none but Jesus himself?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160636 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
The problem with you is that you are not well read.
The problem with you is that you are a Muslim.

Location hidden

#160637 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish Church? that could be interesting.

I think what you are trying to say is that you attend a Messianic CHRISTIAN church.

Seriously, I have met a few Messies here on Topix, and you dotn strike me as one. You strike me as an old fashioned evangelical, maybe baptist.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160638 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
Iran is a developing nation. It is a great credit to develop while remaining under sanctions by countries, who have carried out genocides on a slightly lower scale.
What genocides has Iran carried out?
Backward nations cannot send rockets into space. Tell me how has Iran hurt you?
Are the Shi'ites going to Islamic hell because their doctrines are deemed heretical by the majority Sunnis?

Location hidden

#160639 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What sin do you speak of?
If you have to ask, you are not doing it right.

(or maybe you are doing it right, because you cant remember)

I can lend you a few of my own. But you have to come up with your own goat. The last time I lent out a goat, it was to Hughbe, and the poor creature (the goat) never sat the same way every again. I swore never again.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160640 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
Jesus is not a prophet of Islam. He is considered a prophet in Islam. The biblical Jesus is a character, who has hijacked the true son of Mary in my humble view.
Your "humble" view?

LOL!!!

Yours is the most arrogant "view" in the entire thread, you "Ignorant Fool."
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#160641 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
If none of the prophets ever prophecied, why would the Jews be expecting a messiah - because the prophets fortold his coming - check your facts.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).
What child or son would be called God- none but Jesus himself?
Can't be Jesus. There has been anything but peace for the last 2000 years. Much of the lack of peace perpetrated by followers of Jesus.

"That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of HaShem of hosts doth perform this."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160642 Jan 28, 2013
CORRECTION:

The problem with you (bmz) is that you are YOU.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160643 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't be Jesus. There has been anything but peace for the last 2000 years. Much of the lack of peace perpetrated by followers of Jesus.
"That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of HaShem of hosts doth perform this."
Do you expect a Messiah who will not die, forever, or one who WILL die, but whose "kingdom" will persist forever ON EARTH, however long FOREVER might be on earth, which may or may not be when our sun blows up or something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr 26 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web