Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256398 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160534 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/94 52500/ns/technology_and_scienc e-science/t/why-scientists-dis miss-intelligent-design/#.UQaG rh1X9e4
Why scientists dismiss 'intelligent design'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_desi...
Reaction from the scientific community
The unequivocal consensus in the scientific community is that intelligent design is not science and has no place in a science curriculum.[89] The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that "creationism, intelligent design, and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life or of species are not science because they are not testable by the methods of science."[90] The U.S. National Science Teachers Association and the American Association for the Advancement of Science have termed it pseudoscience.[91] Others in the scientific community have denounced its tactics, accusing the ID movement of manufacturing false attacks against evolution, of engaging in misinformation and misrepresentation about science, and marginalizing those who teach it.[92] More recently, in September 2012, Bill Nye ("The Science Guy") warned that creationist views threaten science education and innovations in The United States.[93][94]
Scientific criticism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_desi...
Many scientists have now become dogmatic and condemn ID as the Vatican condemned Galileo. Many new ideas in science are condemned by those into the established science of the time. One thing about science is that it is constantly correcting itself as new evidence becomes available.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160535 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who first promoted the Intelligent Design theory were scientists so you are wrong about your claim that no scientists support ID. We will learn much about God through this infant science.
They didnt publish in scientific journals. Anyone can speculate. So you are incorrect.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160536 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
Meanwhile.....
Breaking News: Iran 'successfully sends monkey into space'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
Heartiest congratulations to His excellency President Ahmadinejad and Iran.
Is that the same president that promotes genocide? iran is on backward nation and is becoming more backward by the day.

Location hidden

#160537 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a Wiki link that you can research their references for you self.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin#...

I didnt even have to go to the refernces. Read this section.

It basically says that the tests are controversial and therefore the results are inconclusive. Not that anything was proved. There is a BIG difference between those two positions.

Location hidden

#160538 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Many scientists have now become dogmatic and condemn ID as the Vatican condemned Galileo. Many new ideas in science are condemned by those into the established science of the time. One thing about science is that it is constantly correcting itself as new evidence becomes available.
You obviously didnt and probably have NO interest in reading the two articles I posted.

the criticism is that:
1) IT isnt amenable to the scientific METHOD
2) IT is dogma not theory
3) the internal logic suffers from basic philosophical logicla fallacies such as Argument from Ignorance

etc etc

Location hidden

#160539 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same president that promotes genocide? iran is on backward nation and is becoming more backward by the day.
I am surprised you dont like the guy. You both have more in common than you think.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160540 Jan 28, 2013
When ignorant people wish to win an arguement all they can do is shout that the bible has been corrupted. We christians don't try an win the arguement by claiming the koran is corrupt. Where in the Koran does it state the Bible was corrupted? Is it more likely that all the writings of the prophets have been corrupted as muslims say, or is it more likely that the one prophet call Mo is just a false prophet, whose writtings just don't fit with all the other true prophets? Showing that he is the odd one out.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#160541 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
When ignorant people wish to win an arguement all they can do is shout that the bible has been corrupted. We christians don't try an win the arguement by claiming the koran is corrupt. Where in the Koran does it state the Bible was corrupted? Is it more likely that all the writings of the prophets have been corrupted as muslims say, or is it more likely that the one prophet call Mo is just a false prophet, whose writtings just don't fit with all the other true prophets? Showing that he is the odd one out.
To discover corruption and forgeries in the Christian Bible, please read the 5-Star forgery known as Hebrews about Homer's Jebus.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160542 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They didnt publish in scientific journals. Anyone can speculate. So you are incorrect.
It's an infant science, give them time.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#160543 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
As in ID never made it through the peer-preview process.
And never will.

It's just another god of the gaps promotion.
So creationist pointing out what they think is not resolved.
Nowadays it's about flagging what they have not read.

It's hard to keep up anyway, but they lag about 20 years behind.

But they either state god is present in nature, and that as such is perfectly organised.(MUQ looking out of the window).
Followed by stating that evolution is flawed for it cannot reproduce the same as nature.(wrong) But which would be proof of the validity of evolution.
But that ID is the proof that god did it.
So god tinkering with nature by means of evolution is...????
(grin sorry...playing with himself.)

I stopped trying to follow their logic a while back.
Especially since someone introduced the fall and eve.

How about 'm dinosaurs in the garden...

bmz

Location hidden

#160544 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran is a developing nation. It is a great credit to develop while remaining under sanctions by countries, who have carried out genocides on a slightly lower scale.

What genocides has Iran carried out?

Backward nations cannot send rockets into space. Tell me how has Iran hurt you?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160545 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin#...
I didnt even have to go to the refernces. Read this section.
It basically says that the tests are controversial and therefore the results are inconclusive. Not that anything was proved. There is a BIG difference between those two positions.
The fact remains the Shroud of Turin remains an enigma to the most advance science that we now have. The science is pointing towards the image being created by some unknown process; could it be a miracles process; time will tell.

bmz

Location hidden

#160546 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
meanwhile, in other news, local Iranians riot over the price of tomatoes.
Could be but that is irrelevant. That blame should go to traders.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160547 Jan 28, 2013
BMZ- I rest my case - ignorant arguement
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160548 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didnt and probably have NO interest in reading the two articles I posted.
the criticism is that:
1) IT isnt amenable to the scientific METHOD
2) IT is dogma not theory
3) the internal logic suffers from basic philosophical logicla fallacies such as Argument from Ignorance
etc etc
Design in the universe must be investigate using the scientific method. ID is just beginning to use the scientific method to investigate this design. The dogmatic scientist try to prevent this investigation at all cost for fear it may prove there is a God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160549 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised you dont like the guy. You both have more in common than you think.
You just showed what little you know.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160550 Jan 28, 2013
Fufilled Bible prophecy is the proof that the bible is true, and that its Gods Word. What has your prophet predicted that has come to pass?
Read this and put you ignorance to rest. Only God can predict tne future and his Bible is True:
www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-p...
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160551 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran is a developing nation. It is a great credit to develop while remaining under sanctions by countries, who have carried out genocides on a slightly lower scale.
What genocides has Iran carried out?
Backward nations cannot send rockets into space. Tell me how has Iran hurt you?
It's a backward country in that its people are starving, they arrest people for being Christian out of fear of Jesus the Christ, they hang homosexuals, they stone women. It is a backward country for sure.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160552 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
Meanwhile.....
Breaking News: Iran 'successfully sends monkey into space'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
Heartiest congratulations to His excellency President Ahmadinejad and Iran.
Wow they sent a monkey 75 miles into space! Not much of an achievment. This launch has not been confirmed by the West and the West will not take iran's word for it. I wonder why? Maybe it those photoshopped missle pictures they put out?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160553 Jan 28, 2013
Muslims call Mo at prophet but just what future events, did Mo predict, which have come to pass?
The Bible has a track record of over 2000 fulfiled prophecies, which proves that its God's Word.

www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-p...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec 30 Off Topic 5
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 30 YHWH Allah 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec 22 Lucifer 9
C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough Dec '16 Anonymous 1
The Epiphany Window is a Map of Stonehenge Dec '16 Garry-Denke 4
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... Dec '16 drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec '16 Tom 1
More from around the web