Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
150,561 - 150,580 of 201,326 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160091 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you have, comes from one called Anne catherine Emmerich, who came a thousand plus seven hundred years later.
Did you even read my post? My point was that we have nothing from Jesus' own mouth about his mother's conception and his birth, etc.
How come Jesus did not say anything to his disciples about the alleged Word, that he was already in Mary, when SHE was born and other junk and stuff?
I would really like to know how educated folks like you can accept funny stories and tales?
All that you have is the word of an Arabian who probably couldn't read a word of Latin or Greek or Hebrew or even Arabic, for that matter, but who did have EARS, so that when the "funny stories and tales" of the Christians were recounted to him "by Allah, via Jibreel," like, for example, the miraculous conception of Jesus and the miracles that he performed as an adult, he would have no choice but to believe the "funny stories and tales" and recite them for his scribes to dutifully record.

Of course, Jesus could not possibly have walked on water. That's an invention of "ignorant fools," besides being a violation of the known laws of physics!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160092 Jan 26, 2013
Like if Quran or Koraaan doesn't contradict the Torah...

If you are gonna to say that the differences are due because the Torah is corrupt, then why an omniscient god would suggest to Muhammad if he has any doubt about the revelations he was receveing he can go and to Christians and ask Jews, that rely on corrupt books.

That's the way a bad done "counterfeit dollar bill" sounds like.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160093 Jan 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Like if Quran or Koraaan doesn't contradict the Torah...
If you are gonna to say that the differences are due because the Torah is corrupt, then why an omniscient god would suggest to Muhammad if he has any doubt about the revelations he was receveing he can go and to Christians and Jews, that rely on corrupt books.
That's the way a bad done "counterfeit dollar bill" sounds like.
http://www.seekingilm.com/archives/117

It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).[3:3]

“And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.),(and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).” 3:48

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham), while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?[ 3:65]

And if only they had acted according to the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to them from their Lord (the Quran), they would surely have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet. There are from among them people who are on the right course, but many of them do evil deeds.[[5:66]

“And in their footsteps, We sent ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2).

Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.”[5:46-47]
__________
If nothing else, these passages from the Qur'an confirm that Mohammad had a much greater appreciation for the Taurat and Injeel than bmz of Singapore has ever shown in this thread.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160094 Jan 26, 2013
http://quran.com/10/94

Sahih International
So if you are in doubt,[O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160095 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.seekingilm.com/archives/117
It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).[3:3]
“And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.),(and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).” 3:48
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham), while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?[ 3:65]
And if only they had acted according to the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to them from their Lord (the Quran), they would surely have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet. There are from among them people who are on the right course, but many of them do evil deeds.[[5:66]
“And in their footsteps, We sent ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2).
Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.”[5:46-47]
__________
If nothing else, these passages from the Qur'an confirm that Mohammad had a much greater appreciation for the Taurat and Injeel than bmz of Singapore has ever shown in this thread.
Actually I found the Quran a very contradictory book, altough Tanakh and NT are it as well. In one hand Quran seems to respect the people of the Scripture and their books, and in other hand say they are corrupt and condemn them people to hell if they reject his revelation. Nevertheless if Mu' has any doubt is welcome to verify whether or not the revelation given to him were true, by using Torah and Gospel. That book also says that Christians and Jews recognize him as a prophet and he's mentioned in their books.

Furthermore Quran says that the word of Allah can never be modified, then how they can support their claims of the previous scriptures, that are as Allah words as Quran is, are corrupt?

Does it make any sense? How dumb a Muslim can ever be?

As for bmz the hypocrite, he hates Christians and Christianity, eventhough his book forbide him and other muslims to discuss with people of the Scripture.

The fool is disobeying to his book, I guess he will reach us in "hell".

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160096 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
http://quran.com/10/94
Sahih International
So if you are in doubt,[O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.
The crazy thing of it is that this verse would have made sense if it was revealed at the first encounter ever with Jibreel, but apparently it's on 10th chapter. So, one wonders how come after so many revelations he had, he has had doubts?

Was he the perfect or the dumbest man ever walked this planet?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160098 Jan 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Actually I found the Quran a very contradictory book, altough Tanakh and NT are it as well. In one hand Quran seems to respect the people of the Scripture and their books, and in other hand say they are corrupt and condemn them people to hell if they reject his revelation. Nevertheless if Mu' has any doubt is welcome to verify whether or not the revelation given to him were true, by using Torah and Gospel. That book also says that Christians and Jews recognize him as a prophet and he's mentioned in their books.
Furthermore Quran says that the word of Allah can never be modified, then how they can support their claims of the previous scriptures, that are as Allah words as Quran is, are corrupt?
Does it make any sense? How dumb a Muslim can ever be?
As for bmz the hypocrite, he hates Christians and Christianity, eventhough his book forbide him and other muslims to discuss with people of the Scripture.
The fool is disobeying to his book, I guess he will reach us in "hell".
The trick is to say that the parts of the Taurat and Injeel that don't contradict the Qur'an are true, and everything else that conradicts the Qur'an has been corrupted. Hey, it works for Muslims, and if it works for them, it should work for everyone, ESPECIALLY Jews and Christians.

There's something else. Whenever there is an apparent conradiction in the Qur'an between "revelations" from "Allah, via Jibreel," the "revelation" that came later supplants or replaces, that is, it ABROGATES the earlier "revelation." Of course, this problem of contradictory "revelations" is addressed in the Qur'an. Mohammad was shrewd enough to know that he couldn't simply hope that no one would notice the contradictions.

http://quran.com/2/106

Sahih International
We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

http://quran.com/16/101

Sahih International
And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is most knowing of what He sends down - they say, "You,[O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies]." But most of them do not know.

Here's a good example of ABROGATION:

Those who believe (in the Quran) and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures) and the Christians and the Sabians,- Any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Qur'an 2:62

Which is ABROGATED by:

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). Qur'an 8:35

Obviously, it isn't enough that Jews and Christians believe in Allah (One God, even a Trinitarian One) and the Last Day, and work righteousness, because they reject Mohammad as a false prophet, which means that they aren't truly submitted to God by MOHAMMAD'S definition of what the religion of Islam means.
Garry-Denke

Plano, TX

#160099 Jan 26, 2013

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160100 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The trick is to say that the parts of the Taurat and Injeel that don't contradict the Qur'an are true, and everything else that conradicts the Qur'an has been corrupted. Hey, it works for Muslims, and if it works for them, it should work for everyone, ESPECIALLY Jews and Christians.
There's something else. Whenever there is an apparent conradiction in the Qur'an between "revelations" from "Allah, via Jibreel," the "revelation" that came later supplants or replaces, that is, it ABROGATES the earlier "revelation." Of course, this problem of contradictory "revelations" is addressed in the Qur'an. Mohammad was shrewd enough to know that he couldn't simply hope that no one would notice the contradictions.
http://quran.com/2/106
Sahih International
We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?
http://quran.com/16/101
Sahih International
And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is most knowing of what He sends down - they say, "You,[O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies]." But most of them do not know.
Here's a good example of ABROGATION:
Those who believe (in the Quran) and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures) and the Christians and the Sabians,- Any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Qur'an 2:62
Which is ABROGATED by:
If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). Qur'an 8:35
Obviously, it isn't enough that Jews and Christians believe in Allah (One God, even a Trinitarian One) and the Last Day, and work righteousness, because they reject Mohammad as a false prophet, which means that they aren't truly submitted to God by MOHAMMAD'S definition of what the religion of Islam means.
That trick cannot work because Quran says the word of Allah cannot be modified, and since the Gospel and Torah are the words of Allah, they cannot be corrupt.

6:115 And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

10:64 For them are good tidings in the worldly life and in the Hereafter. No change is there in the words of Allah . That is what is the great attainment.

If the word of Allah cannot be alter or modified as the Quran clearly expressed it, then Injeel and Torah are no corrupt, if they are, you have a contradiction. Can an ominscient and almighty god
contraidcts himself? Yet a flaw following another and another.

One may hazard the fact that at the certain point of time, Quran get twisted and all the alterations were burnt expect one that for a reason or another pleased the most the ruler. But if the actual Quran has contradictions, and it has, then the ruler made a bad work, and yet it proves once again that Quran, i.e the word of god, can be alter.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160101 Jan 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Was he the perfect or the dumbest man ever walked this planet?
I know that you don't believe in such things as evil spirits who can take possession of the minds of those who summon them, or conjure them up, but this possibility helps to explain Mohammad's terrifying first encounter with "Jibreel" in the cave and how under "Jibreel's" tutelage and command over the next 23 years he became a thieving, rape-enabling murderer and enslaver of women and children, and whose Qur'an repeats over and over and over again "Allah's" hatred of "disbelievers" -meaning those who reject Mohammad as a false prophet- and threats of eternal punishment for the same.

See: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/024-h...
Also: http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160102 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong example.
Christian scripture fits the counterfeit dollar bill. You know well that it contradicts almost all the core values and teachings of the Hebrew Scriptures. Right?
The Hebrew Scriptures have no place fro the Christian scripture. Please note that well.
If you read Qur'aan and compare the core teachings of Qur'aan with those of the Torah, you will know that both are like the clean and crisp original dollar bill. Christian scripture proves to be the fake dollar bill under the Ultra-Violet scan.
In the Tora God call Isaac Abraham's only son. Isaac is the son of the promise while ishmael is the son of the flesh. God asked Abraham to take his 'only' son Isaac and ofer him as an oblation to Him; while the koran contradicts way God said. islam is a counterfeit 3 dollar bill!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160103 Jan 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That trick cannot work because Quran says the word of Allah cannot be modified, and since the Gospel and Torah are the words of Allah, they cannot be corrupt.
6:115 And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
10:64 For them are good tidings in the worldly life and in the Hereafter. No change is there in the words of Allah . That is what is the great attainment.
If the word of Allah cannot be alter or modified as the Quran clearly expressed it, then Injeel and Torah are no corrupt, if they are, you have a contradiction. Can an ominscient and almighty god
contraidcts himself? Yet a flaw following another and another.
One may hazard the fact that at the certain point of time, Quran get twisted and all the alterations were burnt expect one that for a reason or another pleased the most the ruler. But if the actual Quran has contradictions, and it has, then the ruler made a bad work, and yet it proves once again that Quran, i.e the word of god, can be alter.
But the Gospel that Christians possess MUST be corrupt, at least in part, because Jesus died on the cross in the Gospel, and rose from the dead in the Gospel, and the Qur'an, I mean "Allah, via Jibreel," DENIES that any of this happened.

The question, then, is where is the ORIGINAL Injeel, the "Book" that Jesus was given by "Allah" and that subsequently got copied and corrupted because "Allah" couldn't stop this from happening?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160104 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>All that you have is the word of an Arabian who probably couldn't read a word of Latin or Greek or Hebrew or even Arabic, for that matter, but who did have EARS, so that when the "funny stories and tales" of the Christians were recounted to him "by Allah, via Jibreel," like, for example, the miraculous conception of Jesus and the miracles that he performed as an adult, he would have no choice but to believe the "funny stories and tales" and recite them for his scribes to dutifully record.
Of course, Jesus could not possibly have walked on water. That's an invention of "ignorant fools," besides being a violation of the known laws of physics!!!
Buford,

First, the difference between the Arabian and the Galilean:

The Arabian delivered a crystal clear and coherent message to all and all understood.

The Galilean was mostly incoherent and confused the folks.

Yes, you are right. Jesus could not have walked on water. One is supposed to swim or float in water. It is definitely a story cooked up by fools.

And that rebuking the wind, is also absurd! The wind does not have ears.

May I know what is your gripe with Jibrael (Gabriel)?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160105 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>But the Gospel that Christians possess MUST be corrupt, at least in part, because Jesus died on the cross in the Gospel, and rose from the dead in the Gospel, and the Qur'an, I mean "Allah, via Jibreel," DENIES that any of this happened.
The question, then, is where is the ORIGINAL Injeel, the "Book" that Jesus was given by "Allah" and that subsequently got copied and corrupted because "Allah" couldn't stop this from happening?
I believe I can help you out with this. The gospels ARE corrupt in totality. So, don't think the gospels are corrupt only in part.

Jesus came with nothing new and brought nothing new. He did not bring any book and was not even given a book or revelations to recite out to people.

Injeel means the knowledge and wisdom that he was granted by God Almighty. Thus the "Original" Injeel expired, when Jesus expired.

The copying went on like this: Mark heard tales from folks and wrote his book. It was not even written as a gospel. Copying began after him.

Matthew and Luke copied him wholesale.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160106 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
The Arabian delivered a crystal clear and coherent message to all and all understood.
Ignorant Fool,

Your "prophet's" own Meccan townspeople understood that he was a liar at best, which is why he made no progress with them at all till he came back with an army. The Jews in particular knew that he was a false prophet. He never forgave them for this "crime."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160107 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
I believe I can help you out with this. The gospels ARE corrupt in totality. So, don't think the gospels are corrupt only in part.
Jesus came with nothing new and brought nothing new. He did not bring any book and was not even given a book or revelations to recite out to people.
Injeel means the knowledge and wisdom that he was granted by God Almighty. Thus the "Original" Injeel expired, when Jesus expired.
The copying went on like this: Mark heard tales from folks and wrote his book. It was not even written as a gospel. Copying began after him.
Matthew and Luke copied him wholesale.
More stupid commentary from the Master of Stupid Commentary.

Hells bells, buddy, you aren't even Muslim, not by Mohammad's definition, anyway.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160108 Jan 26, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Tora God call Isaac Abraham's only son. Isaac is the son of the promise while ishmael is the son of the flesh. God asked Abraham to take his 'only' son Isaac and ofer him as an oblation to Him; while the koran contradicts way God said. islam is a counterfeit 3 dollar bill!
What is this obsession of Christianity with flesh and promise?

Issac was also a product of sex and flesh. Do you think Issac was also born just like Jesus, only of his mother?

Pappy was a strong man and was making love to women even after the expiry of Sarah.

The son of promise is a fake $20 bill.

If Issac were the only son, then why did the same tribal man, who wrote that earlier, wrote teh following:

"And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave..."

Do you believe Moses wrote this rubbish?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160109 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>More stupid commentary from the Master of Stupid Commentary.
Hells bells, buddy, you aren't even Muslim, not by Mohammad's definition, anyway.
Read again, Epitome of Ignorance!

I believe I can help you out with this. The gospels ARE corrupt in totality. So, don't think the gospels are corrupt only in part.

Jesus came with nothing new and brought nothing new. He did not bring any book and was not even given a book or revelations to recite out to people.

Injeel means the knowledge and wisdom that he was granted by God Almighty. Thus the "Original" Injeel expired, when Jesus expired.

The copying went on like this: Mark heard tales from folks and wrote his book. It was not even written as a gospel. Copying began after him.
Matthew and Luke copied him wholesale.

Now, tell me if you seriously believe in Matthew's BS that Herod ordered the slaughter of little kids?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160110 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorant Fool,
Your "prophet's" own Meccan townspeople understood that he was a liar at best, which is why he made no progress with them at all till he came back with an army. The Jews in particular knew that he was a false prophet. He never forgave them for this "crime."
Why do you bring the Jews up. I have told you many times that the Jews, who connived and contrived with the Meccan pagans, got what they deserved.

Those treacherous Jewish leaders deserved and received death punishment. The Jews do not whine and rant on the misconduct of their ancient tribes. Why does that bother you Christians, who killed the most of the Jews, for no valid reason?

Jesus was considered a lunatic, a mad man, a liar, a false prophet, a false messiah and what not by his fellow Israelites. Was he such a character?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160111 Jan 26, 2013
The truth is, the Christian Bible can be nearly reconstructed
today from the 24,800 copies of original manuscripts still in
existence and the 80,000 quotations from early church
fathers. Also, many people who actually walked and talked
with Jesus wrote to us about His life. The Christian Gospels
were so widely distributed that any attempt to change (add/ subtract) something in the Christian Gospels would have
resulted in immediate discovery. Muslims should note that nowhere in the Qur'an there is there even a suggestion that the Biblical text has been altered or corrupted. The word "tahrif" is never used with reference to the Bible itself. The Qur'an occasionally accuses the Jews of concealing the truth but it never levels this accusation at Christians. It in no way implies that the text of the Bible has been corrupted. In fact, the Qur'an attests to the validity of the Christian Gospels and the Torah. Jewish scribes painstakingly copied the Torah via a system of
checking, double checking and adding each letter on each line.
Any attempt to change something in the Torah would have
resulted in immediate discovery. This same quality of transmission cannot be said of the Islamic
Qur'an. The Islamic Qur'an was written down from 3rd and
4th hand accounts; and from a few thoughts written on scrap
papers --and compiled over 150 yrs after Muhammad died in
632 A.D. The oldest Qur'an dates from around 790 A.D.(after
Jesus), and it is in the British Library. That's 158 years after Muhammad’s death.
My free book for you:
www.sharepdfbooks.com/HANMQ56EZYWI/The_Islami...
John MacArthur Sermon
www.youtube.com/watch...
Joel Richardson's website for more books and dvds
www.joelstrumpet.com
Its Supernatural - Joel Richardson interview:
www.sidroth.org/site/News2...
Armageddon News - Mark of the beast Revealed
www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
Greek mound excavators: No tours please, too busy Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••