Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228072 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160072 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you mean. The "poor Matthew", he had to compare Jesus with Moses and find "parallels between them" while there are no two personalities who are so different from each other as Moses and Jesus"!!
But I think you already know that Gospel of Matthews we have in our hands today was not written by Matthew , One of the Chosen Twelve Disciple of Jesus.
It is an anonymous book on which some "unknown hand" has put on title page "Gospel according to Matthew".
Salaam
MUQ
That is correct, MUQ.

No one knows exactly, who wrote these gospels. Even Bishops agree that John was written by many Johns.

Luke and Matthew copied Mark wholesale. The Church realized this very late and John was ordered.

Yes, that is why they are called, "Gospel, according to.....".

Salaams
BMZ

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160075 Jan 26, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: argue against G-D, all you want. bur i know what G-D, came and said about me and the woman again. and your a liar, just like the rest of this world of all liars. for i choose the G-D of my visitations as adam, here in TheStory of Creation again for all of my absolute truth. and reject all the talking critters, against HIM.
I thought that on Sabbath you shouldn't use internet, as Frijoles and Eric do. Are you breaking the law, rabbee?
truth

Perth, Australia

#160076 Jan 26, 2013
which law..opinion which others try control..not control anyone..nobody will listen law at all..does metter what you or others say..will be finito

3x heaven
byyyyyyyyyyyyy
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160079 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the hell did this junk stuff come from? Tell me the name of the man and his son, who said such rubbish!
It is amazing to see fools talking about his birth, without a word about it, from the man, himself.
Thanks
Sr. Anne Catherine Emmerich saw it in vision, not that you believe her or would ever even read her "Life of Jesus Christ and Biblical Revelations" (See: http://www.tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:f... ), not when your "prophet's" word on the subject is sufficient for you.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160080 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the "best way" to read OT and NT books is to study them in the light of Quran.
In that way, you can straightaway see which portions are true and which are corrupted by human hands.
Any one studying in this way can separate grain from the lots and lots of chaff that human hands have inserted in the books of God.
Salaam
MUQ
Your "best way" is like using a counterfeit dollar bill to judge the authenticity of an original dollar bill. It's a backward and illogical argument, but its obvious why Muslims insist upon it, because the Qur'an contradicts the Hebrew and Christian scriptures that came before it. Of course, FEW if ANY Muslims would dare to even consider the possibility that Mohammad was decieved or misinformed by Waraqa, I mean, "Allah, via Jibreel."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160081 Jan 26, 2013
CORRECTION:

Your "best way" is like using a counterfeit dollar bill to judge the authenticity of an original dollar bill. It's a backward and illogical argument, but its obvious why Muslims insist upon it, because the Qur'an contradicts the Hebrew and Christian scriptures that came before it. Of course, FEW if ANY Muslims would dare to even consider the possibility that Mohammad was DECEIVED or misinformed by Waraqa, I mean, "Allah, via Jibreel."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160082 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
We were discussing the gospels. Actually none of them makes any sense and do not have any core message of any value.
My, you are outdoing yourself in the stupid comments category!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160083 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Sr. Anne Catherine Emmerich saw it in vision, not that you believe her or would ever even read her "Life of Jesus Christ and Biblical Revelations" (See: http://www.tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:f... ), not when your "prophet's" word on the subject is sufficient for you.
So, what you have, comes from one called Anne catherine Emmerich, who came a thousand plus seven hundred years later.

Did you even read my post? My point was that we have nothing from Jesus' own mouth about his mother's conception and his birth, etc.

How come Jesus did not say anything to his disciples about the alleged Word, that he was already in Mary, when SHE was born and other junk and stuff?

I would really like to know how educated folks like you can accept funny stories and tales?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160084 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
My, you are outdoing yourself in the stupid comments category!
No!

I am providing the right conclusions.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160086 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Your "best way" is like using a counterfeit dollar bill to judge the authenticity of an original dollar bill. It's a backward and illogical argument, but its obvious why Muslims insist upon it, because the Qur'an contradicts the Hebrew and Christian scriptures that came before it. Of course, FEW if ANY Muslims would dare to even consider the possibility that Mohammad was decieved or misinformed by Waraqa, I mean, "Allah, via Jibreel."
Wrong example.

Christian scripture fits the counterfeit dollar bill. You know well that it contradicts almost all the core values and teachings of the Hebrew Scriptures. Right?

The Hebrew Scriptures have no place fro the Christian scripture. Please note that well.

If you read Qur'aan and compare the core teachings of Qur'aan with those of the Torah, you will know that both are like the clean and crisp original dollar bill. Christian scripture proves to be the fake dollar bill under the Ultra-Violet scan.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160087 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
A propagandist? You say?
The book was "unknown" until it came to light by "accident".
No Muslim knew about its existence, until it was "discovered" by Christians?
What type of picture of the "author" you want to paint?
A highly knowledgeable person with so deep knowledge of Gospels and OT books, write a book "hidden from people's eyes" and inserts it amongst Christian's books and vanishes away till his work is discovered centuries afterwards?
Are you talking of a Sherlock holmes case?
Where you thinking powers and imaginations go?
Ignorant Fool,

How many times do you need to be reminded that the best evidence suggests that your precious "Gospel of Barnabas" was written by a 16th century Christian convert to Islam, that is, by someone who knew the Gospel accounts well enough to rewrite them as a lying Muslim would do in the hope of fooling ignorant Christians into believing that his counterfeit account was the only TRUE one.

Is this any different than what bmz and MUQ have been doing day after day in this very thread when they post what "Jesus" or "God" should have said? You need to start thinking for a change.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160088 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong example.
Christian scripture fits the counterfeit dollar bill. You know well that it contradicts almost all the core values and teachings of the Hebrew Scriptures. Right?
The Hebrew Scriptures have no place fro the Christian scripture. Please note that well.
If you read Qur'aan and compare the core teachings of Qur'aan with those of the Torah, you will know that both are like the clean and crisp original dollar bill. Christian scripture proves to be the fake dollar bill under the Ultra-Violet scan.
Yet another stupid comment from the master of stupid commentary.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#160089 Jan 26, 2013
waky95 wrote:
How much clearer could the Quran be?
Its obviously very clear to you. We must all be f*cking stupid, right?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160090 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong example.
Christian scripture fits the counterfeit dollar bill. You know well that it contradicts almost all the core values and teachings of the Hebrew Scriptures. Right?
The Hebrew Scriptures have no place fro the Christian scripture. Please note that well.
If you read Qur'aan and compare the core teachings of Qur'aan with those of the Torah, you will know that both are like the clean and crisp original dollar bill. Christian scripture proves to be the fake dollar bill under the Ultra-Violet scan.
Like if Quran or Koraaan doesn't contradict the Torah...

If you are gonna to say that the differences are due because the Torah is corrupt, then why an omniscient god would suggest to Muhammad if he has any doubt about the revelations he was receveing he can go and to Christians and Jews, that rely on corrupt books.

That's the way a bad done "counterfeit dollar bill" sounds like.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160091 Jan 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you have, comes from one called Anne catherine Emmerich, who came a thousand plus seven hundred years later.
Did you even read my post? My point was that we have nothing from Jesus' own mouth about his mother's conception and his birth, etc.
How come Jesus did not say anything to his disciples about the alleged Word, that he was already in Mary, when SHE was born and other junk and stuff?
I would really like to know how educated folks like you can accept funny stories and tales?
All that you have is the word of an Arabian who probably couldn't read a word of Latin or Greek or Hebrew or even Arabic, for that matter, but who did have EARS, so that when the "funny stories and tales" of the Christians were recounted to him "by Allah, via Jibreel," like, for example, the miraculous conception of Jesus and the miracles that he performed as an adult, he would have no choice but to believe the "funny stories and tales" and recite them for his scribes to dutifully record.

Of course, Jesus could not possibly have walked on water. That's an invention of "ignorant fools," besides being a violation of the known laws of physics!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160092 Jan 26, 2013
Like if Quran or Koraaan doesn't contradict the Torah...

If you are gonna to say that the differences are due because the Torah is corrupt, then why an omniscient god would suggest to Muhammad if he has any doubt about the revelations he was receveing he can go and to Christians and ask Jews, that rely on corrupt books.

That's the way a bad done "counterfeit dollar bill" sounds like.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160093 Jan 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Like if Quran or Koraaan doesn't contradict the Torah...
If you are gonna to say that the differences are due because the Torah is corrupt, then why an omniscient god would suggest to Muhammad if he has any doubt about the revelations he was receveing he can go and to Christians and Jews, that rely on corrupt books.
That's the way a bad done "counterfeit dollar bill" sounds like.
http://www.seekingilm.com/archives/117

It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).[3:3]

“And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.),(and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).” 3:48

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham), while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?[ 3:65]

And if only they had acted according to the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to them from their Lord (the Quran), they would surely have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet. There are from among them people who are on the right course, but many of them do evil deeds.[[5:66]

“And in their footsteps, We sent ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2).

Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.”[5:46-47]
__________
If nothing else, these passages from the Qur'an confirm that Mohammad had a much greater appreciation for the Taurat and Injeel than bmz of Singapore has ever shown in this thread.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160094 Jan 26, 2013
http://quran.com/10/94

Sahih International
So if you are in doubt,[O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160095 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.seekingilm.com/archives/117
It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Quran) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).[3:3]
“And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.),(and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).” 3:48
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham), while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?[ 3:65]
And if only they had acted according to the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to them from their Lord (the Quran), they would surely have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet. There are from among them people who are on the right course, but many of them do evil deeds.[[5:66]
“And in their footsteps, We sent ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2).
Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.”[5:46-47]
__________
If nothing else, these passages from the Qur'an confirm that Mohammad had a much greater appreciation for the Taurat and Injeel than bmz of Singapore has ever shown in this thread.
Actually I found the Quran a very contradictory book, altough Tanakh and NT are it as well. In one hand Quran seems to respect the people of the Scripture and their books, and in other hand say they are corrupt and condemn them people to hell if they reject his revelation. Nevertheless if Mu' has any doubt is welcome to verify whether or not the revelation given to him were true, by using Torah and Gospel. That book also says that Christians and Jews recognize him as a prophet and he's mentioned in their books.

Furthermore Quran says that the word of Allah can never be modified, then how they can support their claims of the previous scriptures, that are as Allah words as Quran is, are corrupt?

Does it make any sense? How dumb a Muslim can ever be?

As for bmz the hypocrite, he hates Christians and Christianity, eventhough his book forbide him and other muslims to discuss with people of the Scripture.

The fool is disobeying to his book, I guess he will reach us in "hell".

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160096 Jan 26, 2013
Buford wrote:
http://quran.com/10/94
Sahih International
So if you are in doubt,[O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.
The crazy thing of it is that this verse would have made sense if it was revealed at the first encounter ever with Jibreel, but apparently it's on 10th chapter. So, one wonders how come after so many revelations he had, he has had doubts?

Was he the perfect or the dumbest man ever walked this planet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
Are 2 Million People Really Buried In 74 Graves? Jul 12 Candy 1
News From riches to ruins: Ancient Greeks 'stored mi... Jul 1 SpaceBlues 1
News Mummified Remains Found in Indiana Jun 29 wichita-rick 6
More from around the web