Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 209,533

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
John

Brisbane, Australia

#159970 Jan 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, all gospels are absurd. We find GOB better than the other junk and stuff of the New Testament.
Yes, anything except the gibbering of the butchering paedophile false prophet mo is absurd to the muztards.
To the rest of humanity the ranting of a perverted dictator talking to an invisible angel who's behaviour indicated nothing but evil is absurd.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159971 Jan 24, 2013
S-Azhar wrote:
Moses himself claimed that the final prophet will not be of the Jewish nation.
Really? Prove it.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159972 Jan 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Covenant
The Jewish view of the mere wording "new covenant" is no more than a renewed national commitment to abide by God's laws. In this view, the word new does not refer to a new commitment that replaces a previous one, but rather to an additional and greater level of commitment.[20]
Because Jews view the Mosaic covenant as applying only to Jews and any New Covenant merely a strengthening of the already existing one, Jews do not see this phrase as relevant in any way to non-Jews. For non-Jews, Judaism advocates the pre-Sinaitic Seven Laws of Noah. "Unlike Christianity, Judaism does not deny salvation to those outside of its fold, for, according to Jewish law, all non-Jews who observe the Noahide laws will participate in salvation and in the rewards of the world to come".[21]
In his 1962 work The Prophets Abraham Joshua Heschel points out that prophecy is not the only instrument of God to change the hearts of Israel, to know that he is God. He tells how the prophet Jeremiah complains that Israel is circumcised in body but "uncircumcised in heart" (9:26), that Jeremiah says "wash your heart from wickedness" (4:14). Heschel analyses that, while the prophet can only give Israel a new word, it is God himself who will give man a new heart: The "new covenant" will accomplish the complete transformation of every individual.[22]
The curious thing is why God would establish a FIRST covenant with Israel knowing full well that it wouldn't be sufficient. Was it to prove to the Jews that outward observances of dietary prohibitions, for example, accomplished nothing in terms of transformation (into what, exactly)? Meanwhile, the non-Jews of the world get off easy! They only have to observe the Noahide Laws to get the goodies in "the world to come," whatever that means, like resurrection or something akin to it.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159973 Jan 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
I find the gospel of Barnabas far superior to the four gospels.
You would.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159974 Jan 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
In Koraaan, one can see God talking to Muhammad
Did your "prophet" ever actually SAY that it was "God talking" to him?
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#159975 Jan 24, 2013
Which religion is best? I think all religions are good and bad in what they teach.

Buddhism --->> Pali Cannons
Hinduism --->> Ramayan, Mahabharata, Vedas
Islam --->> Quran
Christianity --->> Bible
Taoism --->> Li Ki
Vooduism --->> The Bantu
Sikhism --->> Guru Granth Shaib
Judaism --->> Torah
Otherism --->> History Book

I think all religion somewhere preach that war is a necessary part of life. These religions also preach peace, which is a contradiction. I think one should search for the ultimate truth and not get hung up on their praticular religion. I think religion has it's limits.

I asked a few Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians, that if your book and people preach peace then why are so many animals slaughtered for food every day? Why? every year we hear of yet another war and thousands, millions of people killed in the war. None of them seem to have a clear answer for why so many animals and people are killed every year.

In any event, do what you will, enjoy the day.
---------

I will say that I do believe in god {Allah}{Baghwan} and the Universe.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#159976 Jan 24, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
But the real Problem, is that Islam claims all the Jewish Prophets (David etc) as its own, but they are obviously not from the same source. For the Prophets contradict Islam.
Isaiah the Prophet wrote of the coming of Jesus and called him Mighty God.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).
Totally absurd!

That is a fraudulent translation of the Jewish Scripture. Jesus was never called the Mighty God and the everlasting Father. What a big lie!

Nothing but reverse engineering of Scriptures.

bmz

Singapore

#159977 Jan 24, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Did your "prophet" ever actually SAY that it was "God talking" to him?
No.

But do you find God talking to Jesus in your scripture?

bmz

Singapore

#159978 Jan 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, just maybe, thats why it is called Islam and not Christianity.
Thank God, Islam wasn't called Christianity.

bmz

Singapore

#159979 Jan 24, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
And Look at what King/Prophet David wrote:

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potterís vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." (Psalm 2:7-12).

As you can see from this prophecy, God callx Jesus his son, says that he will rule the nations, and all thise who don't "kiss the son" - show his son respect will perish, when he comes to judge the world.
The three alleged sons of God:

1. Jacob, the First-Born

2. Ephraim, the First-Born

3. Jesus, the Last-Born

How old was David, when he was BEGOTTEN?

How old was Jacob, when he was BEGOTTEN?

And please describe in detail how the first two were begotten and through whom?

While you are at it, tell us what is the exact word for 'begotten' in the Hebrew Test of the Jewish Holy Scriptures, not the Hebrew Text of the forged OT. Thanks.

Hint: The actual word starts with Y.
muslim

London, UK

#159985 Jan 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Bro! Trinity does more then talkin in the bible, he (3 in 1) wrestles with a human and he (trinity) has made a career out of goin into/onto people.

God doesn't need to go into people, only Evil spirit, Demons and Satan go into/onto people!

Similar 2 Lord of the ring!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159987 Jan 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
No.
So, you lied.
bmz wrote:
Matthew 3:17, 17:5; Luke 9:35; Mark 1:9-13; John 12:25-30
muslim

London, UK

#159989 Jan 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacred Tradition. Jesus made all foods clean as recorded in the Holy Bible. The disciples of Jesus gathered together on the first day of the week to celebrated the Lord's day as a community, as recorded in the Holy Bible. The Law of Love would not allow killing another human being but it would allow the eating of shellfish.
Do u bible followers actually read your man-ipulated Anti-Christ bible?
So much 4 'not allow killing another human being..

Luke 19:27
Jesus said:'But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their kingóbring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'..
muslim

London, UK

#159991 Jan 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacred Tradition. Jesus made all foods clean as recorded in the Holy Bible. The disciples of Jesus gathered together on the first day of the week to celebrated the Lord's day as a community, as recorded in the Holy Bible. The Law of Love would not allow killing another human being but it would allow the eating of shellfish.
Lamentations 4:10
With their own hands compassionate women
have cooked their own children,
who became their food
when my people were destroyed.
Just like, lord of the rings.'Meat back on the menu boys'..
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159992 Jan 24, 2013
muslim wrote:
Do u bible followers actually read your man-ipulated Anti-Christ bible?
So much 4 'not allow killing another human being..
Luke 19:27
Jesus said:'But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their kingóbring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'..
Qur'an:8:67 "It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great slaughter in the land."

Qur'an:8:12 "I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their woman and children taken captive."

bmz

Singapore

#159993 Jan 24, 2013
Received via email and considered it a duty to post:

African Prayer!

Oh Lord we humble ourselves to you this day and ask you to forgive us our sins, although we have none.

This is because it is not us who killed Jesus, it was the whites.

He was betrayed by white man, and they sold Him to another white man who ordered that He be beaten.

It was the whites who even voted that He be crucified.

The name of the betrayer was Judas Iscariot.

We do not even have such names.

We have the likes of: TIBAGWA, BYARUGABA, OGBANJE, OBAMA, MATHENGE, OWITI, KIBAKI, OYOMBO,
MATAKWEI, MUKHULULI, MUGISHA, MARIGA, etc.

We don't even know where Golgotha is, where He was crucified.

We only know how to go from MALINDI to KAMPALA and back.

We have never been to any of the Bible cities.

So, we could not in any way be involved in the crucifixion of our Lord.

If you do not believe us you could even watch the movie "PASSION OF CHRIST".

There is no African in the movie.

Please Lord: Let Africans be rich and the white man work for them.

AMEN.

bmz

Singapore

#159994 Jan 24, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you lied.
<quoted text>
Matthew 3:17, 17:5; Luke 9:35; Mark 1:9-13; John 12:25-30
I did not say a word on your red herring, so how could I have lied, Not-so-pious Liar!

So, where do you see God talking to Jesus in above?

Telling someone, "Here is my daughter", does not mean that I was talking to my daughter.

bmz

Singapore

#159995 Jan 24, 2013
Buford wrote:
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their woman and children taken captive."
Whose? Who were those people and what had they done?

bmz

Singapore

#159996 Jan 24, 2013
muslim wrote:
<quoted text>Bro! Trinity does more then talkin in the bible, he (3 in 1) wrestles with a human and he (trinity) has made a career out of goin into/onto people.
God doesn't need to go into people, only Evil spirit, Demons and Satan go into/onto people!
Similar 2 Lord of the ring!
Bro,

The Trinity or the Triune God is so absurd that even many Christians do not believe in it.

Trinity was marketed and sold in the 5th-6th Century.

Salaams
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

#159997 Jan 24, 2013
Buford wrote:
Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."
Indeed. Thanks.

This is where Jesus failed and flopped, because he did not fight the infidel occupiers. How could that man stand living under occupation of pagans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Discovered (Feb '13) Jan 25 Sambool Khan 14
Province set to buy Grace Islet; ends First Nat... Jan 21 Bob 1
Prehistoric sex toys are kind of hard to look at Jan 13 texastwostep 1
10 World's Oldest Things From Armenia Jan 12 Mary joe 42
Archaeology: New technologies reveal hidden sec... Jan 11 kirann 1
Ancient mummy prepared for public exhibition af... Jan 8 lol 2
Scientists Discover Ancient 'Magical' Amulet Wi... Jan 7 greek 9
More from around the web