Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160003 Jan 25, 2013
muslim wrote:
<quoted text>Do u bible followers actually read your man-ipulated Anti-Christ bible?
So much 4 'not allow killing another human being..
Luke 19:27
Jesus said:'But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king¬óbring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'..
God will destroy His enemies not man.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160004 Jan 25, 2013
muslim wrote:
<quoted text>Lamentations 4:10
With their own hands compassionate women
have cooked their own children,
who became their food
when my people were destroyed.
Just like, lord of the rings.'Meat back on the menu boys'..
Where you don't have the Holy Spirit you can not understand the the Holy Bible. How do Christians understand these passages. Where do Christians cook their children? You lack understanding. Come to the Lord Jesus Christian and gain understanding and be enlightened.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160005 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Thanks.
This is where Jesus failed and flopped, because he did not fight the infidel occupiers. How could that man stand living under occupation of pagans?
Jesus, God, loves all His people, even the pagan. It was of a pagan that He said He found no greater faith. God lets the sun shine on the believer and the pagan. If you are not a peace maker you are not a child of God and will have no part in His inheritance.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#160006 Jan 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Star Wars Lego stirs Muslim outrage
Turkish Austrian community insulted by Lego model which it says bears similarity to important Muslim symbol
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-433...
Right, and everyone knows that Mohammad looked like Jabba the Hutt, the only question being whether or not Mohammad smoked a hookah.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#160007 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
Received via email and considered it a duty to post:
African Prayer!
Oh Lord we humble ourselves to you this day and ask you to forgive us our sins, although we have none.
This is because it is not us who killed Jesus, it was the whites.
He was betrayed by white man, and they sold Him to another white man who ordered that He be beaten.
It was the whites who even voted that He be crucified.
The name of the betrayer was Judas Iscariot.
We do not even have such names.
We have the likes of: TIBAGWA, BYARUGABA, OGBANJE, OBAMA, MATHENGE, OWITI, KIBAKI, OYOMBO,
MATAKWEI, MUKHULULI, MUGISHA, MARIGA, etc.
We don't even know where Golgotha is, where He was crucified.
We only know how to go from MALINDI to KAMPALA and back.
We have never been to any of the Bible cities.
So, we could not in any way be involved in the crucifixion of our Lord.
If you do not believe us you could even watch the movie "PASSION OF CHRIST".
There is no African in the movie.
Please Lord: Let Africans be rich and the white man work for them.
AMEN.
You would consider it a duty to post this bit of racist rubbish that was clearly written by an "ignorant fool."

You could have posted a link, but that's not your style, is it?
http://laspapi.blogspot.com/2008/01/zulu-mans...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#160010 Jan 25, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>You would consider it a duty to post this bit of racist rubbish that was clearly written by an "ignorant fool."
You could have posted a link, but that's not your style, is it?
http://laspapi.blogspot.com/2008/01/zulu-mans...
I had received it via an email, so that is it.

Christianity knows Zulus and Africans better than I do.

Your missionaries asked them to pray. They closed their eyes. When they opened their eyes, the Bibles were in their hands and their lands were in the missionaries' hands.(Based on Bishop Desmond Tutu's comment)
bmz

Location hidden

#160011 Jan 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, God, loves all His people, even the pagan. It was of a pagan that He said He found no greater faith. God lets the sun shine on the believer and the pagan. If you are not a peace maker you are not a child of God and will have no part in His inheritance.
First off, Jesus was a man. Please stop calling him God.

If Jesus is God, then your God or the God of Christianity is surely a joke.

The true God has no child, no son and no daughter, simply because the true God is NOT a man.

In terms of being a peace-maker, I can safely say that I Am.
bmz

Location hidden

#160012 Jan 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you don't have the Holy Spirit you can not understand the the Holy Bible. How do Christians understand these passages. Where do Christians cook their children? You lack understanding. Come to the Lord Jesus Christian and gain understanding and be enlightened.
Paul,

How can you have this thing known as the Holy Spirit, when it does not exist?

When Jesus spoke about God, he did not mention the number three at all.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160013 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your missionaries asked them to pray. They closed their eyes. When they opened their eyes, the Bibles were in their hands and their lands were in the missionaries' hands.(Based on Bishop Desmond Tutu's comment)
And they didn't have to massacre them as muslims are doing.

Missionaries do not lay claim to the land; Jesus lays claim to the peoples' hearts. Praise be our Lord and God; Jesus the Christ!!!
bmz

Location hidden

#160014 Jan 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God will destroy His enemies not man.
What have the poor animals, birds of air and creatures of the sea done to be God's enemies?

Will you be breaking bread onlY?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160015 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, Jesus was a man. Please stop calling him God.
If Jesus is God, then your God or the God of Christianity is surely a joke.
The true God has no child, no son and no daughter, simply because the true God is NOT a man.
In terms of being a peace-maker, I can safely say that I Am.
It does not matter whether or not you think you are a peace maker, for only what God thinks matter.

Jesus is God!!! He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160016 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul,
How can you have this thing known as the Holy Spirit, when it does not exist?
When Jesus spoke about God, he did not mention the number three at all.
The teachings of God's Holy Spirit filled Catholic Church does not agree with you. So who should be believe, God's Catholic Church or a heathen?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160017 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What have the poor animals, birds of air and creatures of the sea done to be God's enemies?
Will you be breaking bread onlY?
?
bmz

Location hidden

#160018 Jan 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And like "most of books of NT and OT" its writer is also not known.
A "Muslim" with so deep knowledge about Gospel and OT and speaking like Jesus, to match his style, he would be a great mind of his time.
So sorry he remained anonymous, why he wasted time to write "GOB"? He could have written a "True Version" of Gospel of Matthew?
How dumb you people become I cannot understand.
The problem is that the majority of Christians have neither read their Bible nor have they studied it.

The reason is that folks did not have any scripture to read at all as only the Church had access to the books. The Church DID NOT allow people to have a BIble. Reading was forbidden.

Even after the arrival of the printing press, books were not that easy to get and were expensive. That kept the Bible away from the Christians.

When the Bible was churned out in millions, people bought but had no time to read it. How can they read and understand a book that makes no sense?

Truly, truly, I tell you, MUQ, that Muslims have read the Bible more than Christians. For example, you, Alex, some other Muslims and yours truly have read and studied all the three Bibles.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#160019 Jan 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
?
?

You had written: God will destroy His enemies not man.

Ask!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160020 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Thanks.
This is where Jesus failed and flopped, because he did not fight the infidel occupiers. How could that man stand living under occupation of pagans?
If there is a god and he is almighty then let this god fights against the infidels.

There is no need for men kill other men because someone had said to have had hidden revelations. Furthermore an almighty god should be able to convert people without waste a drop of human blood. If happenes the opposite then his attribute of omnipotence is questionable as well as the existence of the god.

True is the Nazarene was a deluded and a non-violent person while Muhammad was a deluded bloody fool.
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#160021 Jan 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Catholic Church has been given divine authority to speak for Him; I have not. God's Catholic Church has a prophetic mission to speak for God. Why would you listen to Moses when you can talk to God yourself? Don't you trust your relationship with God?
"God's Catholic Church" has removed one of the God-breathed Ten Commandments forbiding idolatry (and split another to try to hide their crime), thus causing BILLIONS to commit God's most grievous sin.

"God's Catholic Church" has CURSED (125; anathema) anyone who is not clergy from reading the Scriptures (so people won't see that they lied). This, in spite of the Scripture forbidding cursing people.

"God's Catholic Church" has cursed any faith for salvation (3 curses) and cursed anyone who confesses true salvation.

"God's Catholic Church" will do ANYTHING to prevent you from getting born again (as Jesus requires), because then you would not need them.

So, Mr. "God's Catholic Church", since you know everything (except Jesus), can you answer me a few questions for me?:

What is the difference between a "born again" Catholic and a regular one? Aren't the ones professing salvation ANATHEMA? Shouldn't they be ex-communicated?

Same questions, but with "spirit filled" inserted?

WHY did Mary make the required SIN OFFERING after Jesus was born? Wouldn't that be LYING? Or, did she really NEED to make a sin offering?

Why does "God's Catholic Church" teach people to call popes and priests "Father", when Jesus specifically said NOT to call any man your father on Earth...?

In fact, why does "God's Catholic Church" all too often teach THE EXACT OPPOSITE of Scripture?

The removal of the Scripture forbiding idolatry shows clearly the true intent of Satan's Roman Catholic church: to get people DAMNED!

See you at judgment day, "God's Catholic Church", when you're name will NOT be found in The Lamb's Book of Life (and you're cursed if you say otherwise).*wink*
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160022 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
?
You had written: God will destroy His enemies not man.
Ask!
It is saying that man will not destroy God's enemies, rather God Himself will destroy them.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#160023 Jan 25, 2013
"We hold that the Law has a twofold sense; literal and spiritual. Taken in a literal sense, the chukkim were no good, the mishpatim nobody could keep (Ezek 20:25). But taken in a spiritual sense, the man who obeys them will live by them (Lev 18:5).
Paul in one place condemns the Law taken literally (calling it the cursed tablets of death), but in another place praises the Law calling it 'spiritual'(Rom 7:14)" -Tertullian, contra Celsus
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#160024 Jan 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do not blame the missionaries, for what the brittish empire actually did. and since yesterday, has not happened again yet. can you blame anyone today, for what is going to happen to the very next yesterdays happening again? for you are all truly considered guilty, unless you truly repent!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun 24 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web