Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
150,361 - 150,380 of 200,883 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The question for Roman Catholics, or more generally, anyone at all who questions this Dogma of Papal Infallibility in Matters of Faith and Morals, is whether or not it can be shown that the Roman Catholic Church has formally taught theological or moral error.
\

How does one keep up their faith in a dogma like that while still interacting with the greater world?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no word for word translation from one language to another. Each translation is subject to the judgement of the translator.
And that doesnt make you stop and think regarding the implications?
Ever play the game telephone when you were a child?
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>In any event the Catholic Church can put God's seal of approval on those that conform to the original meaning God intended.
And that doesnt make you inherently nervous?
Are you familiar with the behavior of lemmings?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus declared all foods clean.
I guess you dont follow the word of God as expressed in the original bible after all. Now you have introduced the concept of change without preparing the foundation for your authority.

Pardon me, I thought I recollected that you did follow the word of God - pure and unadulturated.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I actually forgot that in the Supreme Court's 2007 Gonzales v. Carhart desicion, it UPHELD the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act by decreeing that it was in fact UNCONSTITUTIONAL to kill unborn babies by vacuuming out their brains. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Ab... .
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as the Holy Spirit besides God. The Holy Spirit does not exist.
If it had existed, the Bishops would not have quarreled for centuries. Please note that.
rabbee: nah! that just means, they were not with TheSpirit. because you have to actually, be one G-D'S Side to be with TheHolySpirit. they were on, my virgin Mother's Side not mine or G-D'S. and they had to kill off, all the apostiles and prophets, in order to re-organize the church their way. kind of like, what the muselems did. after 1054, when the church was split into TheHis and Her churches. so they could have baby protestant children's churches. cause they are, all so screwed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus declared all foods clean.
Did Jesus absolve you of the need to observe the Sabbath too? Thats a heavy one, I believe its one of the ten commandments.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>\
How does one keep up their faith in a dogma like that while still interacting with the greater world?
It is precisely "a dogma like that" that can keep people grounded in truth, while the rest of "the greater world" is going to "pro-choice" hell.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five books of the Holy Bible have been translated by God's Catholic Church into many languages. These translations have been approved of, under the divine authority given God's Catholic Church, through the Keys given St Peter. Jesus said that whatsoever His Church binds and loses on earth will be bond and loosed in Heaven. When the Catholic Church puts her seal of approval on a version the Holy Bible then God puts His seal of approval on it as well.
rabbee: translated??? i think that is an extreemly poor choice of words, for what they actually fantacized.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus absolve you of the need to observe the Sabbath too? Thats a heavy one, I believe its one of the ten commandments.
Christians have a day of rest, or Sabbath. They call it "Sunday."
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the first five books of the Holy Bible are of divine origin? Did some people who preserved them say they are? Who are these people? Maybe they just made it all up since they have no divine authority to speak for God on the validity of these first five books.
rabbee: so you have never, heard of TheTorah Scroll??? or are you even, more ignorant than a muslem???
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And that doesnt make you stop and think regarding the implications?
Ever play the game telephone when you were a child?
<quoted text>
And that doesnt make you inherently nervous?
Are you familiar with the behavior of lemmings?

Jesus promised to remain with His Church always, so when the Catholic Church speaks, Jesus, God speaks. We don't have to try to guess what some character from thousands of years ago may do, for we have "God with us", Emanuel, to teach us.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian Bible is definitely corrupt. There are lots of forgeries, edits and re-edits. It is a never ending process. Now, they do it through translations.
Not other Abrahamic religions. It is Christianity that falls because it has no leg to stand upon.
rabbee: oh! listen to the hypocrite, with the tribal quran talk.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you dont follow the word of God as expressed in the original bible after all. Now you have introduced the concept of change without preparing the foundation for your authority.
Pardon me, I thought I recollected that you did follow the word of God - pure and unadulturated.
I follow Jesus, not a book, not even the Holy Bible. Jesus did not hand out bibles, or even the Torah, for His disciples to follow. No, he said come follow after Me.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that because the good LORD said there was no other besides the LORD.
This Holy Spirit, which you talk about, really does not guide as it does not exist.
If this thing known as the Holy Spirit really existed and had guided, then Arius, Athanasius and others would not have quarreled and there would have been no Council of Nicaea. Also, you would not have needed a pagan emperor to guide and fix them.
This Holy Spirit misleads people.
To many Christians it says that Jesus is the Son of God. To others, it says that Jesus is God. To some, it says that God came down as Jesus. How can one trust this Holy Spirit, which says different things to folks?
So, you can see that it has misled Christians. It cannot be trusted.
rabbee: then you automaticly denounce the authenticity, of your own scriptures. if you are not on, TheSide of G-D. then you cannot possibly be with TheHolySpirit of G-D. are you doing this, in order to deny your with the unholy spirit against G-D? this would be the resaon anyone would deny, Ruach HaKodesh.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
God desires in the end of times to have His people keep holy the day of our salvation when Jesus rose from the dead. He conveyed this through His Holy Catholic Church.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to read the first five books in Hebrew because we do not have the original manuscripts. We are dependent of men of God to pass on the truth to us through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The same Spirit that gave us the original writings is still with us to guide us in whatever language we wish to read them in today.
rabbee: so you afraid, to find out, you and your church have been wrong all along???
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it Jeremiah who wrote about a NEW COVENANT?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: translated??? i think that is an extreemly poor choice of words, for what they actually fantacized.
What every you want to call it, it is blessed by God.
Jaz

Dunstable, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Catholic Church has been given divine authority to speak for Him; I have not. God's Catholic Church has a prophetic mission to speak for God. Why would you listen to Moses when you can talk to God yourself? Don't you trust your relationship with God?
Who do u worship church or GOD?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Jeremiah 31:31-34

New International Version (NIV)

31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••