Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,597

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#159814 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know Hebrew too?
Ya! He knows Yachid through the Church's lens.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159815 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know Hebrew too?
I don't need to know Hebrew. God has given us the Holy Spirit, who does know Hebrew, to guide His Catholic Church in properly undestanding the Holy Bible. There is no need for every Christian to re-invent the wheel everytime they read the Holy Bible. Jesus has given us His Catholic Church, guided by His Holy Spirit; giving her divine authority through the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven handed down to her from St Peter; who received them from Jesus Himself.

bmz

Singapore

#159816 Jan 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-39
Chapter 79 Are prophets alive
James answered: "And how shall the prophets teach us if they are dead; and how shall he be taught who has not knowledge of the prophets?" Jesus answered: "Their doctrine is written down, so that it ought to be studied, for [the writing] is to you for a prophet. Truly, truly, I say to you that he who despises the prophecy despises not only the prophet, but despises also God who has sent the prophet. But concerning such as know not the prophet, as are the nations, I tell you that if there shall live in those regions any man who lives as his heart shall show him, not doing to others that which he would not receive from others, and giving to his neighbour that which he would receive from others, such a man shall not be forsaken of the mercy of God.
Wherefore at death, if not sooner, God will show him and give him his Law with mercy. Perhaps you think that God has given the Law for love of the Law? Assuredly this is not true, but rather has God given his Law in order that man might work good for love of God. And so if God shall find a man who for love of him works good, shall he perhaps despise him? No, surely, but rather will he love him more than those to whom he has given the Law.
I tell you for an example: There was a man who had great possessions; and in his territory he had desert land that only bore unfruitful things. And so, as he was walking out one day through such desert land, he found among such unfruitful plants a plant that had delicate fruits. Whereupon this man said: "Now how does this plant here bear these so delicate fruits? Assuredly I will not that it be cut down and put on the fire with the rest." And having called his servants he made them dig it up and set it in his garden. Even so, I tell you, that our God shall preserve from the flames of hell those who work righteousness;, wheresoever they be."
Chapter 80 Follow the Prophet
But let not your heart stop there, O James, because where God has sent the prophet it is necessary entirely to deny your own judgment and to follow the prophet, and not to say:'Why says he thus? Why does he thus forbid and command?' But say:'Thus God wills. Thus God commands.' Now what said God to Moses when Israel despised Moses? They have not despised you, but they have despised me. Truly I say to you, that man ought to spend all the time of his life not in learning how to speak or to read, but in learning how to work well. Now tell me, who is that servant of Herod who would not study to please him by serving him with all diligence? Woe to the world that studies only to please a body that is clay and dung, and studies not but forgets the service of God who has made all things, who is blessed for evermore."
Note: These teachings are not to be found in Gospels- MUQ (Abridged)
Thanks for the interesting part 39, MUQ

I was delighted to see Jesus talking to James. I have not seen Jesus talking to James at all in the other gospels.

The parable of the desert plant was super.

Salaams
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

#159817 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to know Hebrew. God has given us the Holy Spirit, who does know Hebrew, to guide His Catholic Church in properly undestanding the Holy Bible. There is no need for every Christian to re-invent the wheel everytime they read the Holy Bible. Jesus has given us His Catholic Church, guided by His Holy Spirit; giving her divine authority through the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven handed down to her from St Peter; who received them from Jesus Himself.
There is no such thing as the Holy Spirit besides God. The Holy Spirit does not exist.

If it had existed, the Bishops would not have quarreled for centuries. Please note that.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159818 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as the Holy Spirit besides God. The Holy Spirit does not exist.
If it had existed, the Bishops would not have quarreled for centuries. Please note that.
Who are you to say there is not Holy Spirit? Since you have not the Holy Spirit, you have not the gifts of the Holy Spirit; which includes the gift of the Discernment of Spirits, to know what is of God and what is of the devil.

Even saintly people have not fully put on the New Man in Christ Jesus and do not fully know God's ways; thus they argue. However, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, God's Catholic Church is ever lead in path of Truth.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159819 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did he not open their eyes to the Scriptures in the town square earlier?
There is nothing to understand in the Christian Bible. Trust me.
Every core teaching and doctrine of Christianity, goes against the scripture and common sense.
You say the Christian teachings goes against the Scritpures. If to be in compliance with Scriptures is a mark of a revealed relgion then islam fails, since it has to call the Holy Scriptures corrupt to support its false teachings. So what is it, are the Scriptures corrupt? If they are then nothing can be gained from them. If the Holy Scriptures are corrupt then all the Abrahamic religions are false.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#159820 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you read the first 5 books if you do not know Hebrew?

Which God do you follow?

Location hidden

#159821 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya! He knows Yachid through the Church's lens.
Without Septic, Alex, Hughbe, Joel, or MUQ to beat up upon....

What happened to Septic anyway? Do you think he was defrocked and thrown out of his internet connection?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159822 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God do you follow?
The first five books of the Holy Bible have been translated by God's Catholic Church into many languages. These translations have been approved of, under the divine authority given God's Catholic Church, through the Keys given St Peter. Jesus said that whatsoever His Church binds and loses on earth will be bond and loosed in Heaven. When the Catholic Church puts her seal of approval on a version the Holy Bible then God puts His seal of approval on it as well.

Location hidden

#159823 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five books of the Holy Bible have been translated by God's Catholic Church into many languages. These translations have been approved of, under the divine authority given God's Catholic Church, through the Keys given St Peter. Jesus said that whatsoever His Church binds and loses on earth will be bond and loosed in Heaven. When the Catholic Church puts her seal of approval on a version the Holy Bible then God puts His seal of approval on it as well.
Wait!

I thought it was GOD who translated it to you. Now you are saying that HUMAN beings, granted agency, did the work for her?

Why bother with the middlemen. Why not read it yourself in the language God gave it in? Do you not trust your OWN relationship with her holiness, God?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159824 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait!
I thought it was GOD who translated it to you. Now you are saying that HUMAN beings, granted agency, did the work for her?
Why bother with the middlemen. Why not read it yourself in the language God gave it in? Do you not trust your OWN relationship with her holiness, God?
God's Catholic Church has been given divine authority to speak for Him; I have not. God's Catholic Church has a prophetic mission to speak for God. Why would you listen to Moses when you can talk to God yourself? Don't you trust your relationship with God?

Location hidden

#159825 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Catholic Church has been given divine authority to speak for Him; I have not. God's Catholic Church has a prophetic mission to speak for God. Why would you listen to Moses when you can talk to God yourself? Don't you trust your relationship with God?
The difference is that Moses is in the first five books. The catholic Church is not.

The other difference is that I dont recognize divine authority with any of my current religious leadership. They are human beings, sometimes flawed and sometimes brilliant, just like me.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159826 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that Moses is in the first five books. The catholic Church is not.
The other difference is that I dont recognize divine authority with any of my current religious leadership. They are human beings, sometimes flawed and sometimes brilliant, just like me.
How do you know the first five books of the Holy Bible are of divine origin? Did some people who preserved them say they are? Who are these people? Maybe they just made it all up since they have no divine authority to speak for God on the validity of these first five books.

Location hidden

#159827 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the first five books of the Holy Bible are of divine origin? Did some people who preserved them say they are? Who are these people? Maybe they just made it all up since they have no divine authority to speak for God on the validity of these first five books.
So therefore we have to make more books to add on the first books (that we accept on face value), none of them which have any proof of authenticity?

I understand your argument, but it is a weak argument as it doesnt treat your religion any better.

We have deviated a little from my original query. I still dont understand why you wont read the first 5 books in the original language. Do you feel you dont have the intellectual capacity to learn a new language? You seem like a bright guy.

bmz

Singapore

#159828 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God do you follow?
The God that was created exclusively for the Church by a committee of Church fathers and pagan philosophers.

bmz

Singapore

#159830 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
What happened to Septic anyway? Do you think he was defrocked and thrown out of his internet connection?
I think Septic gave up. Perhaps, he was tired and bored of repeating himself.

It is Paul WV now.

bmz

Singapore

#159831 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the Christian teachings goes against the Scritpures. If to be in compliance with Scriptures is a mark of a revealed relgion then islam fails, since it has to call the Holy Scriptures corrupt to support its false teachings. So what is it, are the Scriptures corrupt? If they are then nothing can be gained from them. If the Holy Scriptures are corrupt then all the Abrahamic religions are false.
The Christian Bible is definitely corrupt. There are lots of forgeries, edits and re-edits. It is a never ending process. Now, they do it through translations.

Not other Abrahamic religions. It is Christianity that falls because it has no leg to stand upon.

bmz

Singapore

#159832 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to say there is not Holy Spirit? Since you have not the Holy Spirit, you have not the gifts of the Holy Spirit; which includes the gift of the Discernment of Spirits, to know what is of God and what is of the devil.

Even saintly people have not fully put on the New Man in Christ Jesus and do not fully know God's ways; thus they argue. However, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, God's Catholic Church is ever lead in path of Truth.
I say that because the good LORD said there was no other besides the LORD.

This Holy Spirit, which you talk about, really does not guide as it does not exist.

If this thing known as the Holy Spirit really existed and had guided, then Arius, Athanasius and others would not have quarreled and there would have been no Council of Nicaea. Also, you would not have needed a pagan emperor to guide and fix them.

This Holy Spirit misleads people.

To many Christians it says that Jesus is the Son of God. To others, it says that Jesus is God. To some, it says that God came down as Jesus. How can one trust this Holy Spirit, which says different things to folks?

So, you can see that it has misled Christians. It cannot be trusted.

Location hidden

#159833 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Paul WV now.
Yeah, but Paul is more polite so it isnt as much fun.

Location hidden

#159834 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first met Septic, I assumed he was young, maybe studying to be a missionary, with no real world experience. Later he claimed to be much older. But maybe they finally sent him out on the street to knock on doors and to preach from street corners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skeletons Shed Light on Ancient Earthquake in I... 6 hr Jacob 1
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Mon Roberts 1
Ancient Musical Chamber Discovered in Turkey Mon Born free - Molon... 4
Science uncovers story of slaves at Nashville Zoo Sep 19 X-TREME BIAS 2
Mystery Sep 19 rick doninger 2
The Sphinx's missing Crown Sep 18 Randall Moore 1
Kurt Simmons: Verbal inspiration and inerrancy ... Sep 15 eee 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE