Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,502

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#159833 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Septic gave up. Perhaps, he was tired and bored of repeating himself.
It is Paul WV now.
Yeah, but Paul is more polite so it isnt as much fun.

Location hidden

#159834 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Septic gave up. Perhaps, he was tired and bored of repeating himself.
When I first met Septic, I assumed he was young, maybe studying to be a missionary, with no real world experience. Later he claimed to be much older. But maybe they finally sent him out on the street to knock on doors and to preach from street corners.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159835 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So therefore we have to make more books to add on the first books (that we accept on face value), none of them which have any proof of authenticity?
I understand your argument, but it is a weak argument as it doesnt treat your religion any better.
We have deviated a little from my original query. I still dont understand why you wont read the first 5 books in the original language. Do you feel you dont have the intellectual capacity to learn a new language? You seem like a bright guy.
I see no reason to read the first five books in Hebrew because we do not have the original manuscripts. We are dependent of men of God to pass on the truth to us through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The same Spirit that gave us the original writings is still with us to guide us in whatever language we wish to read them in today.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159836 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian Bible is definitely corrupt. There are lots of forgeries, edits and re-edits. It is a never ending process. Now, they do it through translations.
Not other Abrahamic religions. It is Christianity that falls because it has no leg to stand upon.
islam is based on what they call a corrupt book, it definitely has no legs to stand upon. What does it stand on? The biographies and a book written years after mohammad died? Who says the koran came from God? The original koran had no punctuation so anyone could re-write it the way they wanted. The original version"s" were all burnt after a new version was written.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159837 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that because the good LORD said there was no other besides the LORD.
This Holy Spirit, which you talk about, really does not guide as it does not exist.
If this thing known as the Holy Spirit really existed and had guided, then Arius, Athanasius and others would not have quarreled and there would have been no Council of Nicaea. Also, you would not have needed a pagan emperor to guide and fix them.
This Holy Spirit misleads people.
To many Christians it says that Jesus is the Son of God. To others, it says that Jesus is God. To some, it says that God came down as Jesus. How can one trust this Holy Spirit, which says different things to folks?
So, you can see that it has misled Christians. It cannot be trusted.
First you say there is no Holy Spirit and then you say He misleads people. As I said before, even the saints have not fully put on the New Man in Christ so they do error as an individual, but as a Church they do not error. When the bishops speak in Council they are free from error.

Location hidden

#159838 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to read the first five books in Hebrew because we do not have the original manuscripts. We are dependent of men of God to pass on the truth to us through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The same Spirit that gave us the original writings is still with us to guide us in whatever language we wish to read them in today.
Are you aware of the fact that the Original Hebrew was translated into Greek, Latin and then English, and that these translations differ from the original Hebrew significantly?

That is not the guidance of her holiness, but the guidance of mere mortals.

Location hidden

#159839 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
When the bishops speak in Council they are free from error.
You have it bad.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159840 Jan 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
There is no such thing as the Holy Spirit besides God. The Holy Spirit does not exist.
If it had existed, the Bishops would not have quarreled for centuries. Please note that.
So, God is the Holy Spirit who simultaneously does not exist.

I'm glad that that conundrum is finally settled, by a Muslim, no less!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159841 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware of the fact that the Original Hebrew was translated into Greek, Latin and then English, and that these translations differ from the original Hebrew significantly?
In matters that are important to what God wanted to convey to us it's not changed.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159842 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The Latin Rite Church believes that because Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would lead the Church into all truth (John 16:13), it could rest assured knowing that what it would formally teach as true and binding on the consciences of the faithful would be nothing other than what Jesus himself would teach were he present in the flesh. From this understanding proceeds the Dogma of Papal Infallibility in Matters of Faith and Morals. See: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07790a.htm

Location hidden

#159844 Jan 23, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The Latin Rite Church believes that because Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would lead the Church into all truth (John 16:13), it could rest assured knowing that what it would formally teach as true and binding on the consciences of the faithful would be nothing other than what Jesus himself would teach were he present in the flesh. From this understanding proceeds the Dogma of Papal Infallibility in Matters of Faith and Morals. See: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07790a.htm
Like I said, he has it bad.

Location hidden

#159845 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
In matters that are important to what God wanted to convey to us it's not changed.
Beg to differ. Have you ever looked at the multiple translations of your own bible? And how they differ from the actual Hebrew in some cases?

Location hidden

#159846 Jan 23, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you eat shellfish?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159847 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, he has it bad.
The question for Roman Catholics, or more generally, anyone at all who questions this Dogma of Papal Infallibility in Matters of Faith and Morals, is whether or not it can be shown that the Roman Catholic Church has formally taught theological or moral error.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159848 Jan 23, 2013
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shellfish

Noun 1. shellfish - meat of edible aquatic invertebrate with a shell (especially a mollusk or crustacean)
mollusc, mollusk, shellfish - invertebrate having a soft unsegmented body usually enclosed in a shell
seafood - edible fish (broadly including freshwater fish) or shellfish or roe etc
mussel - black marine bivalves usually steamed in wine
huitre, oyster - edible body of any of numerous oysters
clam - flesh of either hard-shell or soft-shell clams
cockle - common edible European bivalve
crabmeat, crab - the edible flesh of any of various crabs
crawdad, crawfish, ecrevisse, crayfish - tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly
limpet - mollusk with a low conical shell
lobster - flesh of a lobster
crayfish, langouste, rock lobster, spiny lobster - warm-water lobsters without claws; those from Australia and South Africa usually marketed as frozen tails; caught also in Florida and California
escallop, scollop, scallop - edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces
2. shellfish - invertebrate having a soft unsegmented body usually enclosed in a shell
mollusc, mollusk
carapace, cuticle, shell, shield - hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
invertebrate - any animal lacking a backbone or notochord; the term is not used as a scientific classification
Mollusca, phylum Mollusca - gastropods; bivalves; cephalopods; chitons
scaphopod - burrowing marine mollusk
gastropod, univalve - a class of mollusks typically having a one-piece coiled shell and flattened muscular foot with a head bearing stalked eyes
coat-of-mail shell, polyplacophore, sea cradle, chiton - primitive elongated bilaterally symmetrical marine mollusk having a mantle covered with eight calcareous plates
bivalve, lamellibranch, pelecypod - marine or freshwater mollusks having a soft body with platelike gills enclosed within two shells hinged together
cephalopod, cephalopod mollusk - marine mollusk characterized by well-developed head and eyes and sucker-bearing tentacles
shellfish - meat of edible aquatic invertebrate with a shell (especially a mollusk or crustacean)
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#159849 Jan 23, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
The Mark of the Beast revealed and exposed as Islamic.
Everyone needs to listen to the links above. Your eternal life depends on knowing this information. Even if you don't believe it, read it anyway and when it comes to pass you will know the Bible is true:
www.sharepdfbooks.com/HANMQ56EZYWI/The_Islami...
rabbee: no! islam is the beast, with two heads. one is dead with a sword through it's neck, and the other is made to appear as if alive, by the power of the first beast.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#159850 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if we like animals?
rabbee: talking critters!? according to G-D, that could be the real problem.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159851 Jan 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
rabbee: no! islam is the beast, with two heads. one is dead with a sword through it's neck, and the other is made to appear as if alive, by the power of the first beast.
Did John Preacher disagree with you?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159852 Jan 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg to differ. Have you ever looked at the multiple translations of your own bible? And how they differ from the actual Hebrew in some cases?
There is no word for word translation from one language to another. Each translation is subject to the judgement of the translator. In any event the Catholic Church can put God's seal of approval on those that conform to the original meaning God intended.

Location hidden

#159853 Jan 23, 2013
Buford wrote:
http://www.thefreedictionary.c om/shellfish
Noun 1. shellfish - meat of edible aquatic invertebrate with a shell
in case it isnt clear...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Tue Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Tue iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web