Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230629 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#159314 Jan 20, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you pick up all this information from?
From the ignorant fools' Wikipedia. Since they quote mostly from Wiki, I use Wiki against the clueless fools.
bmz

Singapore

#159315 Jan 20, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Braindead Muslim Zealot,
I searched your question and posted what I found, but you didn't answer my question in turn, not that I ever expected one, because your whole schtick is pointing out how dreadfully awful the Christians have been toward the Jews and/or Muslims, and AVOIDING questions about how that murdering rape-enabling thief that you adore conducted his own terror campaigns "for Allah."
At least Umar wasn't the bloody brute that Mohammad clearly was in his own dealings with "traitorous" Jews, like the ones who once resided in Khaybar.
That Umar wasn't the bloody brute shows already that the Prophet was no brute, Fool!

Umar was a brute before embracing Islam and had gone to kill the Prophet and accepted Islam there and then.

I have already told you that Banu Nadir and Banu Qaynuqa were not wiped out by the Prophet. If he were brute, he would have finished them off but he did not.

Bloody Brute and barbaric were the European Christians, who slaughtered Jews for no reason and far more brute were the men, who penned the gospels in an extremely disgusting manner.

An example:

Jesus said this. The Jews said that. Jesus did this and the Jews did that. And then Jesus said this and the Jews picked up stones to kill him. Those damn gospels were the poison that led to the development of hate for Jews. And since the writers were Romans and Greeks, they were kinder to Pilate.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#159316 Jan 20, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I think that there must be something structurally wrong with bmz's brain, that he somehow can't grasp the obvious absurdities of his own arguments even when they're shoved right back in his face.
Well that's the collateral effect of accepting the Quran as revelation of god.

The bigot muslim zealot is affected by hypocrisy. He believes in quranic tales, but reject the gospel tales because they are tales. He stated to believe in Quran only, and reject the hadiths as tales and unreliable sources but pretty often accept and give us infos from Hadiths, ect.

The other one is also a hypocrite, but his most problem is the lack of pills that he needs so bad.
bmz

Singapore

#159317 Jan 20, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Like he doesn't know many variants of Quran were burnt back the days...
Variants of Quran?

What nonsense is that?
bmz

Singapore

#159318 Jan 20, 2013
uhuh wrote:
what good is Jesus if he did not die for our sake? who's gonna pay for our sins?
we need him to suffer an agonizing death, we need him to die ...Mission:Die
I think what John meant by paving the way for the Lord, was really the road to cross! He lost his head but had already paved it well.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159319 Jan 20, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have got news for you - They Don't!!!!!!
The Gentile Christians worship a Non-Gentile man as their God!!!!
Even the non-gentiles call you idolators.
Wake up Paul.
Stop worshipping non-gentile as your god and stop carrying non-gentile books that care ONLY about non-gentiles and tell non-gentiles to charge interest only to gentiles and to destroy gentiles UTTERLY!!!
Time to wake up.
Don't tell me whom I worship. I worship, along with all Christians, the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You worship the muslim community and the fictional character mohammad. All the biographies of mohammad were writen a hundred years after he died; they are all fictional.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159320 Jan 20, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are TOO deluded to believe that Gentiles cannot be Prophets!!
You are deluded and ignorant enough to believe a tiny number of non-gentiles who wrote themselves books giving them all the rights over Gentiles and over GOD!!!!
You are betraying Gentiles and you don't even know it!!!!
Keep worshipping non-gentiles and work like dogs and pigs for them!!
There is but one God; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. muslims do not share in the life of God through grace received in baptism. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior an be saved!
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#159321 Jan 20, 2013
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :

Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes

Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes

Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes

What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes

Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes

Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.

Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.

Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes

Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.

At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.

Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.

Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.

Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.

Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.

Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”

Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.

Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.

What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
bmz

Singapore

#159322 Jan 20, 2013
george whyte wrote:
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :
Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes
Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes
Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes
Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes
What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.
Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes
Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes
Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.
Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.
Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes
Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.
At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.
Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.
Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.
Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.
Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.
Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”
Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.
Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.
What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
lol!

The pagan Arabs did not know that the Christians had a Moan-God. A God who was moaning, whining and ranting all the time during his short ministry.

Location hidden

#159323 Jan 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Variants of Quran?
What nonsense is that?
Put it in this way, brain dead... there was a time where different versions of Quran existed, and were burnt all but one.

First, you stated that "if many men had written Qur'aan, then we would have had Qur'aan, According to"

You proved by your own words that Quran is a man made book.

"Qur'aan, According to"? What nonsense have you written by the way?

bmz

Singapore

#159324 Jan 20, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is but one God; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. muslims do not share in the life of God through grace received in baptism. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior an be saved!
So, accept that one God of Abraham, whom Jesus, the slave, worshipped.

How can you accept Jesus as your Savior, when he was judged and could not save himself?

According to the LORD of your Lord, there IS NO other to save besides the LORD.

Only the LORD of your Lord can save.

Important Note: Jesus is not the LORD.

It is okay to call him your lord but always keep in mind that he wasn't the LORD of Abraham.
bmz

Singapore

#159325 Jan 20, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me whom I worship. I worship, along with all Christians, the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You worship the muslim community and the fictional character mohammad. All the biographies of mohammad were writen a hundred years after he died; they are all fictional.
You do not know what you worship. We know whom we worship. You worship a man. The time has come and now is the time to know that Jesus is not the God of Abraham. So, please let the man remain a man.

So, please save yourself from eternal damnation and declare that Jesus was an obedient slave of God.

All the gospels were 200-250 years after Jesus was gone! The New Testament as a book also came a few centuries after Jesus was gone.
bmz

Singapore

#159326 Jan 20, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's the collateral effect of accepting the Quran as revelation of god.
The bigot muslim zealot is affected by hypocrisy. He believes in quranic tales, but reject the gospel tales because they are tales. He stated to believe in Quran only, and reject the hadiths as tales and unreliable sources but pretty often accept and give us infos from Hadiths, ect.
The other one is also a hypocrite, but his most problem is the lack of pills that he needs so bad.
A bigot talking to another bigot!
bmz

Singapore

#159327 Jan 20, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it in this way, brain dead... there was a time where different versions of Quran existed, and were burnt all but one.
First, you stated that "if many men had written Qur'aan, then we would have had Qur'aan, According to"
Seriously speaking, you are really a buffoon!

Good night from Singapore.
bmz

Singapore

#159328 Jan 20, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to add:

It will take you at least ten years of intense learning to understand what I write and how I explain.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159329 Jan 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what you worship. We know whom we worship. You worship a man. The time has come and now is the time to know that Jesus is not the God of Abraham. So, please let the man remain a man.
So, please save yourself from eternal damnation and declare that Jesus was an obedient slave of God.
All the gospels were 200-250 years after Jesus was gone! The New Testament as a book also came a few centuries after Jesus was gone.

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, He is God from eternity to eternity, the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world, before Abraham He was, He was in glory with the Father from before the world began, Jesus is God!

Does not matter when the Gospels were written; what matters is that they are appoved of by God's Catholic Church; who holds the Keys to the Kingdom of God and the authority to bind both in Heaven and on earth. The Catholic Church declares the Gospels true to God's message and thus uncorrupt in their message of salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord and our God!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#159330 Jan 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about how you follow the writings of men written long after mohammad died. Be honest, when were the biographies of mohammad written? The Gospels were writen with in the life time of Jesus' diciples; not that it matters for them to have been inspired by the Holy Spirit and true to Jesus' message of salvation.

Location hidden

#159331 Jan 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously speaking, you are really a buffoon!
Good night from Singapore.
Said by someone who is around 50 years old and still believe in tales, well, in certain tales and in the same time rejects other tales because they are tales.

I have never known someone more buffoon than you.

Location hidden

#159332 Jan 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to add:
It will take you at least ten years of intense learning to understand what I write and how I explain.
You wrote: "Qur'aan, According to"

This idiot is unable to find mistakes in his writing, and the worst thing is he thinks he wrote it correctly.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159333 Jan 20, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I should not be telling you but "Christian" is a VERY broad brush!!
Some worship GOD, some worship a father god who molests a little human girl to make himself a son, some worship the ghost who made the little human girl pregnant, some worship a naked man as son/god and all this is justified in the name of "trinity"..meaning THREE"Nits"?
The TRUE GOD of Abraham, ISHMAEL the ELDEST SON OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC the INCESTUOUS SON OF ABRAHAM ACCORDING to BIBLE, JACOB WHO STOLE the TITLE FROM ESAU ACCORDING TO BIBLE..... etc..etc, is NOT a man called Jesus!!!!
Jesus is NOT a name mentioned anywhere in the non-gentile books as GOD!!

Through sheer ignorance and non-stop brainwashing, you REALLY do believe that you are a worthless Gentile who NEEDS non-gentiles to save you!!!!

GENTILES can ACCESS TRUE GOD without going through NON GENTILES who CALL Gentiles DOGS and PIGS!!!!

Are you THAT ASHAMED to be a GENTILE?

Are you THAT STUPID to believe that ONLY NON-GENTILES had PROPHETS and GOD FAVOURED only THEM?

Get used to ACCEPTING GENTILE Prophet as Gentiles make up more than 99.5% of world population!!

YOU DON'T NEED NON-GENTILES...YOU ARE FREE DEAR SLAVE!!!!!

The Gentile Christians worship a Non-Gentile man as their God!!!!
Even the non-gentiles call you idolators.
Stop worshipping non-gentile as your god and stop carrying non-gentile books that care ONLY about non-gentiles and tell non-gentiles to charge interest only to gentiles and to destroy gentiles UTTERLY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Aug 26 The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul '15 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul '15 neyney 1
More from around the web