Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
149,601 - 149,620 of 199,517 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
The ball is in your court,now tell me in Scripture where its lawful for two women to be sexual towards one another?
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
For this is the will of Yahuah, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know Yahuah; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because Yahuah is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For Yahuah has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but Yahuah, who gives his Ruach to you.
Galatians 5
19.Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of Yahuah.
Revelation 21
8.But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
1) You have problems of comprehension (see point 2)

2) I never said Bible allows two women to have sex with eachothers.

3) As expected your posts are totally irrelevant to what I said.
SamBee

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You have problems of comprehension (see point 2)
2) I never said Bible allows two women to have sex with eachothers.
3) As expected your posts are totally irrelevant to what I said.
Forgive me then, you and I agree,and my post defend your point that sexual immorality is not lawful according to Torah be it man with man or woman with woman.
Shalum...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
So,now you admit men had sex with other men is in (Genesis 19).
Now, you stated that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative but reject the destruction of Sodom because of the prohibition of homosexuality.
The prohibition is found in Genesis.
Genesis 2:18
18 And Yahuah Alahym said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
21 And Yahuah Alahym caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which Yahuah Alahym had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
go back to my original questions that spawned all of this

1. where in the Sodom narrative is homosexuality prohibited?(hint - it isnt)

AS of your "now you admit' I NEVER said otherwise, so I have nothing to "admit". All of that straw argument is more a reflection of your homophobic biases than any logic I might have offered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is herself purely based on sin. So, we do not have to look at her definitions.
Commandments of God Almighty are all positive.
When one deliberately violates or breaks the Law of God, one commits a transgression and the transgression against God is definitely a sin. Right, Frijoles?
Yes. But this is the difference. Christians put this emotional baggage on sin, and on certain sins in particular. Thats where this Sodom sin baggage came from (I posted a few times the chain of custody regarding the origin and meaning of the word Sodomite - it is not hebraic in origin, rather it came from Christians in Europe among others)

This emotional baggage is rooted in their salvation theology - which Judaism does not share

In Judaism we have positive AND negative commandments, by the way. we look at the commandments less emotionally, and more analytically.

Christians use the word abomination, we use the actual term "toaveh" which is used 122 other times, including for the laws of eating. See the decreased emphasis on emotionalism?

Furthermore , to quote Boteach "The Ten Commandments were given on two tablets to connote two different kinds of transgression: religious and moral. The first tablet discussed religious transgressions between God and man, such as the prohibitions of idolatry, blasphemy and desecration of the Sabbath. The second tablet contained moral sins between man and his fellow man, like adultery, theft and murder.

Homosexuality is a religious, not a moral, sin. A moral sin involves injury to an innocent party. Who is harmed when two unattached, consenting adults are in a relationship? Homosexuality is akin to the prohibition against lighting fire on the Sabbath or eating bread during Passover; there is nothing immoral about it, but it violates the divine will."

I.E. there is some nuance regarding the commandments. All sins are not equal (we have 3 or 4 words for sin depending on intentionality and consequence), even though all commandments are equal.

The fact is that Christians also have nuance regarding which commandments are most important as well. They preoccupy themselves on stuff like homosexuality but ignore kosher. Why do people like Hughbe and Sambee go off on Gay people but ignore most of the rest of the commandments? The question I pose, is what is the basis for their scheme? I can provide the basis for my scheme.
SamBee

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
go back to my original questions that spawned all of this
1. where in the Sodom narrative is homosexuality prohibited?(hint - it isnt)
AS of your "now you admit' I NEVER said otherwise, so I have nothing to "admit". All of that straw argument is more a reflection of your homophobic biases than any logic I might have offered.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

All I was doing was calling attention to the fact that latter interpretations, predominately Christian, tried to associate the Sin of Sodom with the other listed prohibitions from other chapters regarding homosexual behavior. It is clear that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative, but the actual prohibition is not stated there.

Why was Sodom destroyed? Because it was a sexual immoral city.The people of Sodom went against the natural order the of Most High which is "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Does the text say cleave to another man? No.

The prohibition condemning such immoral acts is found in Genesis.

Genesis 2:18

18 And Yahuah Alahym said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

21 And Yahuah Alahym caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which Yahuah Alahym had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just presented the same in different words. I believe the Jewish Rabbis in Israel will not share the same view as that of Rabbi Boteach.
I put it in terms of tolerance in the modern times.

<quoted text>
I wasn't aware that Tel Aviv has a huge gay community. And I am sure that community does not have approval and blessings from the Rabbis there.

Don't you think that marriage equality is being wrongly used for the unions between gays? I believe it should apply to a husband and a wife. Right?
Will try to read Kosher Jesus. Jesus was indeed a kosher child.
You do realize the Rabbis in Israel have zero influence over the practice of Judaism, in Israel and outside? In Israel, the rabbinate is state sponsored, state funded, and widely ignored.
Judaism is organized by movements within denomination - i.e. within the orthodox denomination there are 2 modern orthodox movements and many ultra-orthodox movements.

These movements are internationally recognized and not nation-state dependent. Halacha (jewish law) is set by each movement and they do not recognize the authority of eachother.

So, your question is really "how does each movement view Boteach". The answer: there is a diversity of positions. Modern orthodox (2 movements) is getting very close to his position - conservative and reform are already there, and the ultra orthodox are out to lunch as usual lost in a fundamentalist fog not unlike that of your mullahs...

Tel Aviv named world's best gay city for 2011
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-417...

Marriage equality - I purposely labeled this in my last post as marriage equality rather than gay marriage. Because here in the US, this is a question of equality. Gay people are not afforded the same legal and economic priveledges as straight married people get. That is discriminatory. As long as you can get married in a civil court, then there is NO reason why the definition cant be expanded civily to include gay marriage.

Noone is forcing the church or synagogue to marry gay people - just the civil court. There needs to be a legal outlet to provide gay couple the same priveledges and rights as everyone else. Personally I dont care what you call it - civil union, marriage, etc etc - but it needs to be available.
SamBee

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But this is the difference. Christians put this emotional baggage on sin, and on certain sins in particular. Thats where this Sodom sin baggage came from (I posted a few times the chain of custody regarding the origin and meaning of the word Sodomite - it is not hebraic in origin, rather it came from Christians in Europe among others)
This emotional baggage is rooted in their salvation theology - which Judaism does not share
In Judaism we have positive AND negative commandments, by the way. we look at the commandments less emotionally, and more analytically.
Christians use the word abomination, we use the actual term "toaveh" which is used 122 other times, including for the laws of eating. See the decreased emphasis on emotionalism?
Furthermore , to quote Boteach "The Ten Commandments were given on two tablets to connote two different kinds of transgression: religious and moral. The first tablet discussed religious transgressions between God and man, such as the prohibitions of idolatry, blasphemy and desecration of the Sabbath. The second tablet contained moral sins between man and his fellow man, like adultery, theft and murder.
Homosexuality is a religious, not a moral, sin. A moral sin involves injury to an innocent party. Who is harmed when two unattached, consenting adults are in a relationship? Homosexuality is akin to the prohibition against lighting fire on the Sabbath or eating bread during Passover; there is nothing immoral about it, but it violates the divine will."
I.E. there is some nuance regarding the commandments. All sins are not equal (we have 3 or 4 words for sin depending on intentionality and consequence), even though all commandments are equal.
The fact is that Christians also have nuance regarding which commandments are most important as well. They preoccupy themselves on stuff like homosexuality but ignore kosher. Why do people like Hughbe and Sambee go off on Gay people but ignore most of the rest of the commandments? The question I pose, is what is the basis for their scheme? I can provide the basis for my scheme.
Exodus 20

16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

I don't go off on homosexual people that's the Most High job all HughBe and myself have done was tell you that its an abomination in the eyes of Yahuah but it seems to me you are rejecting this truth.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

A question for Muslims.

Wasn't Mohamad in truth a highway robber, a murderer, and a rapist? I mean, Muslims like to spin the history that they've received from those who knew their "prophet" Mohammad best, but there's no getting around the fact that if this cock-sure Arabian were alive today and tried to pull off what he got away with back then, he'd be arrested and charged with multiple crimes. He'd probably also have to undergo a psychiatric evaluation to determine whether or not he was even sane enough to stand trial!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is very simple, HughBe.
We do not have to look for "It is a sin if you....." kind of statements.
In Leviticus 18, the Good LORD said, "You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord."
Now, if one does not obey God and does not follow the decrees, then one surely sins. Right?
So, the message is clear in Leviticus 18:22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."
And since no such message was given to women back then, I presumed they were straight.
Modern Rabbis living in the West try to be pc on various issues and I consider that appeasement.
Thus, I am back to square one that no religion permits homosexuality.
A very diplomatic answer, BMZ.

Share your understanding of the following text "And GOD saw that the wickedness of MAN[was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of HIS heart [was] only evil continually."

Should I conclude the following from the text.

1. Only MEN were wicked and women were not wicked?
2. Only MEN had evil thoughts and women were not evil in thoughts?

Please explain why God destroyed the earth if the women were good. Note, it does NOT speak about women.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I will leave you with this summation of my view.
There are clearly prohibitions against homosexual behavior in the bible, however they derive from passages other than the narative of Sodom.
All I was doing was calling attention to the fact that latter interpretations, predominately Christian, tried to associate the Sin of Sodom with the other listed prohibitions from other chapters regarding homosexual behavior. It is clear that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative, but the actual prohibition is not stated there.
Juding from the fiery responses by Sambee, yourself, and somewhat by Uhuh, it is also clear that your homophobic biases color your interpreations.
I never said that homosexuality wasnt prohibited, I just said it wasnt in that narrative. You dudes continue to read more into my posts than I say - despite MULTIPLE reposts by myself.
That says more about your BIASES (homophobia) than my interpretations.
This shall be the end of this topic for now from me.
Attach a yes or a NO to the questions below. That is far easier to do than the Sermon that you have written above but then YOU and I know why you have written the sermon over saying yes or no. It is all about DECEPTION and dodging.

HughBe--- Are you saying that Boteach speaks for ALL of Judaism?
Are you saying that the Tanach is WRONG?
Are you really saying that Moses was wrong and that your rabbis are RIGHT?
Was Moses inspired in writing the account or was it dictated to by your rabbis?
1. Do your rabbis support homosexuality?
2. Do your rabbis think that homosexuality is wrong?
3. Do your rabbis teach that Lesbian sex is not condemned in scriptures?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
calling me names always works
weak response
dont forget to judge me
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZkyC5FKeXDQ/TWUYKmP...
You are DECEPTIVE and any HONEST person who reads your posts knows this to be TRUE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: anything that violates, the command to be fruitfull and multiply is on shakey grounds, and that includes abortion also.
repeat after me: you are not G-D, and you have no legal right to contramand or superseed G-D'S Commands. no matter how right, you only think you are doing so.
Rabbee---repeat after me: you are not G-D, and you have no legal right to contramand or superseed G-D'S Commands. no matter how right, you only think you are doing so

HughBe---In keeping with your wish here goes.

You/Rabbee are not G-D, and you/Rabbee have no legal right to contramand or superseed G-D'S Commands. no matter how right, you only think you are doing so
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile...

1 American killed, 2 escape in Algeria hostage crisis, US officials say; militants offer to trade 2 others for blind sheik
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/18...

Excerpts:

"The United States does not negotiate with terrorists," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said of reports the militants were seeking the release of Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, who is serving a life term for the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, and Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani scientist convicted of trying to kill U.S. soldiers after being arrested in Afghanistan in 2008.
"The terrorists told us at the very start that they would not hurt Muslims but were only interested in the Christians and infidels," said the man, who gave his name as Abdelkader. "'We will kill them,' they said."

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

To Frijoles with love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Hey Muslims,

What is the difference between Christians and infidels?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee---repeat after me: you are not G-D, and you have no legal right to contramand or superseed G-D'S Commands. no matter how right, you only think you are doing so
HughBe---In keeping with your wish here goes.
You/Rabbee are not G-D, and you/Rabbee have no legal right to contramand or superseed G-D'S Commands. no matter how right, you only think you are doing so
rabbee: and what makes you think, i shall not be your G-D for the soon to be last day? with G-D on TheVacation Day, then HE shall delegate authority to someone. and according to TheTorah here in IT, it ain't going to be any of you again. no matter what mr lizard lips, told you all and your grandmother again.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and what makes you think, i shall not be your G-D for the soon to be last day? with G-D on TheVacation Day, then HE shall delegate authority to someone. and according to TheTorah here in IT, it ain't going to be any of you again. no matter what mr lizard lips, told you all and your grandmother again.
Rabbee---and what makes you think, i shall not be your G-D for the soon to be last day?

HughBe--- So, are you saying that you shall become G-d?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Hey Muslims,

Do you believe that extremists have hijacked your religion? I believe that PURISTS like the Wahhabis have rediscovered and are enforcing your Mohammad-centered religion, which is why Islam must be destroyed, as it is both an insult to God who has created us as free moral agents, and an affront to our freedom to exercise choice in religious affiliation, at the very least.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee---and what makes you think, i shall not be your G-D for the soon to be last day?
rabbee: well what does it say, in TheTorah for the final day? who does G-D, always put in charge for the last day??? this is still the same Story again, and it ain't changed folks. and G-D is going to put sombody here in TheTorah, in charge of all you nobodies here in IT. for the thousands and thousands of other third or fourth times G-D is given this story. your all still making, all the same old mental mistakes as nobodies here in TheTorah. and that is not, how to get to GanEden. so i have to return in the same story again next time, G-D gives it all.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: it was not just me, who was crucified, about 2000 years ago. cause it was both me any your grandmother of all, Who were both put to death as TheOne again.

and still you do not know scripture, because the whole world was not even expecting Us Both again. cause none of you have ever, listened to G-D here in TheTorah still.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cistern found at St. Augustine property 17 hr Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••