Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,326

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158966 Jan 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
we are back to the question of what is a transgression vs the Christian notion of imputing morality on sins
Homosexuality is a transgression - a violation of a negative commandment
The bible doesnt weight transgressions - arguably with the exception of the ten commandments -
Thats was the basic mesage of Boteach, and a basic element of Judaism we all learned in jewish kindergarden. I dont fault you as a nonJew from not understanding our religion (I dont know the nuances of yours). But hoepfully now you have a better appreciation.
Christianity is herself purely based on sin. So, we do not have to look at her definitions.

Commandments of God Almighty are all positive.

When one deliberately violates or breaks the Law of God, one commits a transgression and the transgression against God is definitely a sin. Right, Frijoles?
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158967 Jan 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

All I was doing was calling attention to the fact that latter interpretations, predominately Christian, tried to associate the Sin of Sodom with the other listed prohibitions from other chapters regarding homosexual behavior. It is clear that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative, but the actual prohibition is not stated there.
So,now you admit men had sex with other men is in (Genesis 19).

Now, you stated that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative but reject the destruction of Sodom because of the prohibition of homosexuality.

The prohibition is found in Genesis.

Genesis 2:18

18 And Yahuah Alahym said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

21 And Yahuah Alahym caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which Yahuah Alahym had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158968 Jan 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please read my posts and try to understand first before you touch the keyboard. Thanks for nothing.
I wasn't talking about the societies of the world.
Who was talking about societies of the world? Don't give me your usual crap response of that since I typed 'societies', then I was talking about it.

The subject was the existence of lesbianism back then, that according to your disfunctional brain didn't exist because it was not reported any message about it.

Only I did was to explain that it has existed, but it was not reported for the reasons said previously.

Thanks for your useless response and to contribute to nothing of constructive, as usual.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158969 Jan 18, 2013
Edit.

Now, you stated that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative but reject the destruction of Sodom because of the prohibition condemning homosexuality.

The prohibition condemning such immoral acts is found in Genesis.

18 And Yahuah Alahym said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

21 And Yahuah Alahym caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which Yahuah Alahym had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158970 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was talking about societies of the world? Don't give me your usual crap response of that since I typed 'societies', then I was talking about it.
The subject was the existence of lesbianism back then, that according to your disfunctional brain didn't exist because it was not reported any message about it.
Only I did was to explain that it has existed, but it was not reported for the reasons said previously.
Thanks for your useless response and to contribute to nothing of constructive, as usual.
Both men and women were destroyed in Sodom for being sexually immoral.

Location hidden

#158971 Jan 18, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Both men and women were destroyed in Sodom for being sexually immoral.
Sorry but I don't believe in worthless legends.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#158972 Jan 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully said. Let them prove intention to force. Let them prove that it was not the intention of the men to sweet-talk the angels to drop their pants.
rabbee: anything that violates, the command to be fruitfull and multiply is on shakey grounds, and that includes abortion also.

repeat after me: you are not G-D, and you have no legal right to contramand or superseed G-D'S Commands. no matter how right, you only think you are doing so.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#158973 Jan 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
we are back to the question of what is a transgression vs the Christian notion of imputing morality on sins
Homosexuality is a transgression - a violation of a negative commandment
The bible doesnt weight transgressions - arguably with the exception of the ten commandments -
Thats was the basic mesage of Boteach, and a basic element of Judaism we all learned in jewish kindergarden. I dont fault you as a nonJew from not understanding our religion (I dont know the nuances of yours). But hoepfully now you have a better appreciation.
rabbee: any specific adultry, that is mentioned after not commiting adultry. increases the weight, of the sin. so beastiality and homosexuality are doubled in sinning. and are generatlly considered, as the last straws that breaks the camels back. and means there was a lot more sinning going on, than just those. and the order of degredation according to G-D is: hasatan I hate, baal hamolech I also hate, and halooseefer I hate also. and these are the three angels, standing off, in the distance TheDay, G-D came to visit with me for the first time again, here in TheTorah.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#158974 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: all you are saying, is that you are an enemy of G-D and i here in TheStory of Creation just again. which shall never make you true to G-D, here in TheTorah still in TheHappening.

this is the near end, of the sixth day just again. do you know and accept what story we are here in again, from TheG-D of Only TheTorah for all seven days? and G-D can do IT all again, if you still do not accept this is all from HIM.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158975 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Then try to discuss instead of writing worthless posts.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158976 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:22-32

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible Alahym into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore Yahuah also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of Yahuah into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause Yahuah gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, Yahuah gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of Yahuah, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of Yahuah, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Location hidden

#158977 Jan 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then try to discuss instead of writing worthless posts.
Said by one who thinks of himself to be way too intelligent, and ignored the reasons of lesbianism was not recorded in the past, hence the most intelligent conclusion... it didn't exist. LOL

To be averagely around 50 years old you are too dumb to discuss any matter, thus you write junk posts.

Location hidden

#158978 Jan 18, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible Alahym into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore Yahuah also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of Yahuah into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause Yahuah gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, Yahuah gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of Yahuah, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of Yahuah, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
What's your point?

Location hidden

#158979 Jan 18, 2013
CORRECTION POST #158977

Said by one who thinks of himself to be way too intelligent, and ignored the reasons of why lesbianism was not recorded in the past,(obviously the reference you made was of the Torah) hence the most intelligent conclusion... it didn't exist. LOL

To be averagely around 50 years old you are too dumb to discuss any matter, thus you write junk posts.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158980 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Said by one who thinks of himself to be way too intelligent, and ignored the reasons of lesbianism was not recorded in the past, hence the most intelligent conclusion... it didn't exist. LOL
The ball is in your court,now tell me in Scripture where its lawful for two women to be sexual towards one another?

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8

For this is the will of Yahuah, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know Yahuah; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because Yahuah is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For Yahuah has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but Yahuah, who gives his Ruach to you.

Galatians 5

19.Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of Yahuah.

Revelation 21

8.But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158981 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
Having comprehension problems? Try harder this time.

25 Who changed the truth of Yahuah into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. HalleluYah.

Location hidden

#158982 Jan 18, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
The ball is in your court,now tell me in Scripture where its lawful for two women to be sexual towards one another?
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
For this is the will of Yahuah, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know Yahuah; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because Yahuah is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For Yahuah has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but Yahuah, who gives his Ruach to you.
Galatians 5
19.Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of Yahuah.
Revelation 21
8.But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
1) You have problems of comprehension (see point 2)

2) I never said Bible allows two women to have sex with eachothers.

3) As expected your posts are totally irrelevant to what I said.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158983 Jan 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You have problems of comprehension (see point 2)
2) I never said Bible allows two women to have sex with eachothers.
3) As expected your posts are totally irrelevant to what I said.
Forgive me then, you and I agree,and my post defend your point that sexual immorality is not lawful according to Torah be it man with man or woman with woman.
Shalum...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158984 Jan 18, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you stated that homosexuality is touched upon in the Sodom narrative but reject the destruction of Sodom because of the prohibition of homosexuality.
The prohibition is found in Genesis.
go back to my original questions that spawned all of this

1. where in the Sodom narrative is homosexuality prohibited?(hint - it isnt)

AS of your "now you admit' I NEVER said otherwise, so I have nothing to "admit". All of that straw argument is more a reflection of your homophobic biases than any logic I might have offered.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158985 Jan 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is herself purely based on sin. So, we do not have to look at her definitions.
Commandments of God Almighty are all positive.
When one deliberately violates or breaks the Law of God, one commits a transgression and the transgression against God is definitely a sin. Right, Frijoles?
Yes. But this is the difference. Christians put this emotional baggage on sin, and on certain sins in particular. Thats where this Sodom sin baggage came from (I posted a few times the chain of custody regarding the origin and meaning of the word Sodomite - it is not hebraic in origin, rather it came from Christians in Europe among others)

This emotional baggage is rooted in their salvation theology - which Judaism does not share

In Judaism we have positive AND negative commandments, by the way. we look at the commandments less emotionally, and more analytically.

Christians use the word abomination, we use the actual term "toaveh" which is used 122 other times, including for the laws of eating. See the decreased emphasis on emotionalism?

Furthermore , to quote Boteach "The Ten Commandments were given on two tablets to connote two different kinds of transgression: religious and moral. The first tablet discussed religious transgressions between God and man, such as the prohibitions of idolatry, blasphemy and desecration of the Sabbath. The second tablet contained moral sins between man and his fellow man, like adultery, theft and murder.

Homosexuality is a religious, not a moral, sin. A moral sin involves injury to an innocent party. Who is harmed when two unattached, consenting adults are in a relationship? Homosexuality is akin to the prohibition against lighting fire on the Sabbath or eating bread during Passover; there is nothing immoral about it, but it violates the divine will."

I.E. there is some nuance regarding the commandments. All sins are not equal (we have 3 or 4 words for sin depending on intentionality and consequence), even though all commandments are equal.

The fact is that Christians also have nuance regarding which commandments are most important as well. They preoccupy themselves on stuff like homosexuality but ignore kosher. Why do people like Hughbe and Sambee go off on Gay people but ignore most of the rest of the commandments? The question I pose, is what is the basis for their scheme? I can provide the basis for my scheme.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) 6 hr First Fijian 1,969
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
Tiberias Region Dec 7 Mike 1
More from around the web