Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 201,992

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#158592 Jan 13, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!
THE HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED IS THE BEST OF ALL HUMANS AND IS LOVED BY BILLIONS OF HUMANS.....
The VERY insignificant lowly non-gentile buttboy cannot do anything about it!
How do you know that?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158593 Jan 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
—Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari
Another description of the Buraq:
Then he [Gabriel] brought the Buraq, handsome-faced and bridled, a tall, white beast, bigger than the donkey but smaller than the mule. He could place his hooves at the farthest boundary of his gaze. He had long ears. Whenever he faced a mountain his hind legs would extend, and whenever he went downhill his front legs would extend. He had two wings on his thighs which lent strength to his legs. He bucked when Muhammad came to mount him. The angel Jibril (Gabriel) put his hand on his mane and said: "Are you not ashamed, O Buraq? By Allah, no-one has ridden you in all creation more dear to Allah than he is." Hearing this he was so ashamed that he sweated until he became soaked, and he stood still so that the Prophet mounted him.
The journey to the Seventh Heaven
Mi'raj
According to Islam, the Night Journey took place 12 years after Muhammad became a prophet, during the 7th century. Muhammad had been in his home city of Mecca, at his cousin's home (the house of Ummu Hani' binti Abu Talib). Afterwards,Prophet Muhammad went to the Masjid al-Haram. While he was resting at the Kaaba, the angel Jibril (Gabriel) appeared to him followed by the Buraq. Muhammad mounted the beast, and in the company of Gabriel, they traveled to the "farthest mosque". The location of this mosque was not explicitly stated, but is generally accepted to mean Al-Aqsa Mosque (Temple Mount) in Jerusalem. At this location, He dismounted from the Buraq, prayed, and then once again mounted the Buraq and was taken to the various heavens, to meet first the earlier prophets and then God (Allah). Muhammad was instructed to tell his followers that they were to offer prayers 50 times per day. However, at the urging of Moses (Musa), Muhammad returns to God and it was eventually reduced to 10 times, and then 5 times per day as this was the destiny of Muhammad and his people. The Buraq then transported Muhammad back to Mecca.

In the Qur'an's sura, Muhammad's mystic travel to the Heavens is quoted as:
Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).
—Qur'an, sura 17 (Al-Isra), ayah 1[4]
Sahih International translation:
Exalted is He who Took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We Have Blessed, to Show him of Our Signs. Indeed, He Is the Hearing, the Seeing.
—Qur'an, sura 17 (Al-Isra), ayah 1

All the other details were filled in from the supplemental writings, the hadith.
Took out half of the junk and stuff for brevity.

That is why I have told you before not to believe in Hadith, which is just like the ridiculous tales of the New Testament.

Here is the difference:

Satan showed Jesus, who was piggy-riding him, the kingdoms of the entire world.

God showed God's Kingdom to Muhaamd. That was a vision, fool!
bmz

Singapore

#158594 Jan 13, 2013
Correction, dear Buford

Should read:

Took out half of the junk and stuff for brevity.

That is why I have told you before not to believe in Hadith, which is just like the ridiculous tales of the New Testament.

Here is the difference:

Satan showed Jesus, who was piggy-riding him, the kingdoms of the entire world.

God showed God's Kingdom to Muhammad. That was a vision, fool!

Thanks!
bmz

Singapore

#158595 Jan 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I "wish" they make a movie about 9/11 incident.

And they "simulate" the fall of WTC-1 and WTC-7 by making a scale model of these buildings and demonstrate how it fell as the result of jet strike!!

Is it not strange that they were "so quick" to make a movie on OBL capture and killing....and "so lethargic" to make a movie on 9/11!!

What is holding them back?

Any clue?
Yes, I have the clue and the reason.

If they make a movie on 911, it will make the Americans cry and cry. However, the movie on Bin Laden, will make Americans rejoice.

Personally, I am bored of 911. Americans should throw 911 out of their minds and move on. Do you see Iraqis talking about 303 everyday?
bmz

Singapore

#158596 Jan 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Conspiracy theorist nutcase, you'll believe whatever lets your "rightly guided" co-religionists off the hook for 9/11.
Actually 911, in my humble opinion, was Osama's revenge for Clinton's strikes. An act of vendetta.

Anyway, forget 911, throw it behind you and move on.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158598 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
while your books are into SCROTUM MECHANICS concerning priests!!!
cutting shafts and crushing testicles (with rocks?) were ancient methods of castration, Torah should just say no priesthood for the castrated
however "he is still qualified if his penis was cut like a pencil is sharpened" (hilchot Issurei Biah) ouch
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158599 Jan 14, 2013
no priesthood for the disabled, too short or too scrawny either
they "will only defile My sanctuaries" (Lev 21:23)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158600 Jan 14, 2013
Tanakh teaches many scientific foundations
e.g. the world is set on pillars (1Sam 2:8, Ps 75:3), and when the pillars tremble earthquakes happen (Job 9:6)
God also sunk the sockets of the earth, and shut the sea behind bars and doors

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158601 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, these are the most unreasonable and most illogical persons on the face of the earth....they might be second only to sodomites and lesbians!!
ripe comment since I dont recollect a reason based argument from yourself regarding your religious path ever. Your arguments are always appear to suffer from logical fallacies and/or are based on faith.

Furthermore, we have discussed the sin of sodom many many times before, and frankly considering I see no evidence that the sin is anything more than extreme inhospitality (I see nothing in the text that labels it sexual) I see nothing wrong with sodomites.

And finally, before you knock lesbians, you need to have a clear discussion with your wife and daughters and nieces and aunts. Statistically speaking, chances are, one of them is.(Dont shoot the messenger)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158602 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
non-gentile priest can have virgins...!
"A female captive under an Arab is still eligible to marry a priest (i.e. still a virgin) because her master only squeezed her breasts" (talmud Ketubot 36b) i see...

Location hidden

#158603 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one person with multiple browsers. Each browser gets it's own cookie so the topix software doesn't pick up the multiple judgments. It would be better if the software used IP address.
Ah...never knew that.

What great effort this person puts into in belonging to my fan club! I should provide a portal to collect dues.

Location hidden

#158604 Jan 14, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"A female captive under an Arab is still eligible to marry a priest (i.e. still a virgin) because her master only squeezed her breasts" (talmud Ketubot 36b) i see...
maybe I should be like some of the other posters here and spend 100% of my life quoting nasty comments about your prophet ("out of context", but of course thats a matter of interpretation, isnt it?...)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158605 Jan 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have the clue and the reason.
If they make a movie on 911, it will make the Americans cry and cry. However, the movie on Bin Laden, will make Americans rejoice.
Personally, I am bored of 911. Americans should throw 911 out of their minds and move on. Do you see Iraqis talking about 303 everyday?
Americans would "use" 911 for at least next 50-60 years!! Their Media would not let them forget.

How can USA "forget" 911? They might if they find a "new" enemy.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158606 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ripe comment since I dont recollect a reason based argument from yourself regarding your religious path ever. Your arguments are always appear to suffer from logical fallacies and/or are based on faith.
Furthermore, we have discussed the sin of sodom many many times before, and frankly considering I see no evidence that the sin is anything more than extreme inhospitality (I see nothing in the text that labels it sexual) I see nothing wrong with sodomites.
And finally, before you knock lesbians, you need to have a clear discussion with your wife and daughters and nieces and aunts. Statistically speaking, chances are, one of them is.(Dont shoot the messenger)
I can see a "sick" mind already!! The way Freud mixed sex in everything, so would you people add sodomy and lesbian with every male and female.

Location hidden

#158607 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see a "sick" mind already!! The way Freud mixed sex in everything, so would you people add sodomy and lesbian with every male and female.
Actually, YOU added sodomy with every male and female. I just went out of my way to erase what you might consider "sodomy" from our lexicon due to faulty interpretations of the bible. Pay attention!

Furthermore, I never added Lesbianism to males. So thats your SECOND association. What a mind you must have.

Thirdly, most Kinsey polls have indicated that lesbianism is more popular that perhaps you are comfortable with. Dont blame that FACT on me. Dont make it so personal.

Location hidden

#158608 Jan 14, 2013
and you wonder why I label your reasoning sloppy, Muq?

Location hidden

#158609 Jan 14, 2013
To MUQ with love,

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percent_of_the...
What percent of the world is gay?

The more rigorous studies have shown different results within a range of 0.6 to 5.4 percent. These studies include Bell-Weinberg, 1970 (~2 percent); Billy-Battelle, 1993 (1.1 percent); Cameron-Ross, 1975-78 (~3 percent); Catania-NABS, 1992 (2 percent); FRI, 1983 (5.4 percent); MacDonald, 1988 (2 percent); NCHS, 1988-91 (3.5 percent); Schmidt, 1987 (0.6 percent); and Trocki, 1988-89 (3 percent).

There are also other studies and reports that have influenced the popularly reported percentage. The popular estimate that 10 percent of the male population and 5 to 6 percent of the female population are exclusively or predominately gay/lesbian is based on the Kinsey Institute data published in 1948. Since then Kinsley has been widely debunked, as more than 55% of the men surveyed were either prisoners, sex offenders, or male prostitutes.

Laumann and Associates (1994), using the national probability Health and Social Life Survey combined with data collected in the General Social Survey, found that 2.8 percent of men and 1.4 percent of women identified as gay or lesbian, while 7.7 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women reported homosexual desire. Michaels (1996) analyzed the limited available data and estimated that in the United States 9.8 percent of men and 5 percent of women report same-gender sexual behavior since puberty; 7.7 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women report same-gender desire; and 2.8 percent of men and 1.4 percent of women report homosexual or bisexual identity. An analysis of U.S. census data has provided the most solid evidence of the presence and certain social characteristics of lesbians and gays among the general population. In the 1990 census, gay and lesbian respondents could identify themselves as unmarried partners. Estimates from the 1990 census indicate that 1.63 percent of people aged 15 and older nationwide reported themselves as unmarried partners of the householder.

----------
In other words, the Kinsey data I cited is a bit out dated - I'll concede on that notion - but the percentage of women either lesbian or having lesbian proclivities is still higher than you might think, and assuming you have a large family, the chances are pretty darn good one of them may be in that category.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#158610 Jan 14, 2013
SC wrote:
01. I don't understand why you are writing such a long post to me and not to bmz. All I'm saying is that Arabic language is not better or worst than other ones.

02. While bmz is saying that Greek language is poor and unfit for the scripture, this is why god has not revealed anything in that language, but as you said, and I said few days ago, Allah sent messengers to all nations. But he keeps ignoring, lying and denying anything goes against his wishes.

03. Since it's clear there is disagreement between you and him and time for you to educate him to what Quran said.
Ans.

01. Why should I have a discussion with BMZ? You asked me a question and I gave you answer. If you have any comment on that, you should reply back to me, why involve a third person.

02. There is no superiority of any language per see over another, all languages originate with God and He understands every language on earth.

03. The languages might have special qualities and some might be more powerful to express certain topics. There is no problem in that. And I have also said that not only Greek, but MOST of European languages have deficiency to express deep spiritual matters.

That might be reason that No Great Prophet (to our limited knowledge, there might be some local prophets to serve the needs of small groups) rose from Western Nations.

04. Do not get confused and cross connect me with BMZ. You post replies to my post to me and his posts to him.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158611 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I "wish" they make a movie about 9/11 incident.
And they "simulate" the fall of WTC-1 and WTC-7 by making a scale model of these buildings and demonstrate how it fell as the result of jet strike!!
Is it not strange that they were "so quick" to make a movie on OBL capture and killing....and "so lethargic" to make a movie on 9/11!!
What is holding them back?
Any clue?
MUQ the "Truther,"

No 9/11 movie needs to use scale models of WTC-1 and WTC-7. It simply needs to show actual video recordings that were made at the time.

For the "international readers" who also happen to be "Truthers" like MUQ:

Debunking 9/11 Conspiracy theories and Controlled Demolition Myths
http://www.debunking911.com/
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158612 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans would "use" 911 for at least next 50-60 years!! Their Media would not let them forget.
How can USA "forget" 911? They might if they find a "new" enemy.
MUQ the "Truther,"

Would your masters in Saudi Arabia "use" the Khobar Tower attack on June 25, 1996 "for at least next 50-60 years?" in their "holy war" against Hezbollah, if that's who REALLY did it? Maybe it was george Bush and the Mossad. Tell us the TRUTH!!!

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khobar_Towers_bo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sun Min 44
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Sep 12 Rabbeen Al Jihad 44
Jim Long: Noahide, Archaeologist, Filmmaker Sep 12 Yenda Rinderpest 1
5 horrific things that can haunt your finances Sep 5 THE BAR is RICO 1
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••