Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228512 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158599 Jan 14, 2013
no priesthood for the disabled, too short or too scrawny either
they "will only defile My sanctuaries" (Lev 21:23)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158600 Jan 14, 2013
Tanakh teaches many scientific foundations
e.g. the world is set on pillars (1Sam 2:8, Ps 75:3), and when the pillars tremble earthquakes happen (Job 9:6)
God also sunk the sockets of the earth, and shut the sea behind bars and doors

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158601 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, these are the most unreasonable and most illogical persons on the face of the earth....they might be second only to sodomites and lesbians!!
ripe comment since I dont recollect a reason based argument from yourself regarding your religious path ever. Your arguments are always appear to suffer from logical fallacies and/or are based on faith.

Furthermore, we have discussed the sin of sodom many many times before, and frankly considering I see no evidence that the sin is anything more than extreme inhospitality (I see nothing in the text that labels it sexual) I see nothing wrong with sodomites.

And finally, before you knock lesbians, you need to have a clear discussion with your wife and daughters and nieces and aunts. Statistically speaking, chances are, one of them is.(Dont shoot the messenger)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#158602 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
non-gentile priest can have virgins...!
"A female captive under an Arab is still eligible to marry a priest (i.e. still a virgin) because her master only squeezed her breasts" (talmud Ketubot 36b) i see...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158603 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one person with multiple browsers. Each browser gets it's own cookie so the topix software doesn't pick up the multiple judgments. It would be better if the software used IP address.
Ah...never knew that.

What great effort this person puts into in belonging to my fan club! I should provide a portal to collect dues.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158604 Jan 14, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"A female captive under an Arab is still eligible to marry a priest (i.e. still a virgin) because her master only squeezed her breasts" (talmud Ketubot 36b) i see...
maybe I should be like some of the other posters here and spend 100% of my life quoting nasty comments about your prophet ("out of context", but of course thats a matter of interpretation, isnt it?...)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158605 Jan 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have the clue and the reason.
If they make a movie on 911, it will make the Americans cry and cry. However, the movie on Bin Laden, will make Americans rejoice.
Personally, I am bored of 911. Americans should throw 911 out of their minds and move on. Do you see Iraqis talking about 303 everyday?
Americans would "use" 911 for at least next 50-60 years!! Their Media would not let them forget.

How can USA "forget" 911? They might if they find a "new" enemy.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158606 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ripe comment since I dont recollect a reason based argument from yourself regarding your religious path ever. Your arguments are always appear to suffer from logical fallacies and/or are based on faith.
Furthermore, we have discussed the sin of sodom many many times before, and frankly considering I see no evidence that the sin is anything more than extreme inhospitality (I see nothing in the text that labels it sexual) I see nothing wrong with sodomites.
And finally, before you knock lesbians, you need to have a clear discussion with your wife and daughters and nieces and aunts. Statistically speaking, chances are, one of them is.(Dont shoot the messenger)
I can see a "sick" mind already!! The way Freud mixed sex in everything, so would you people add sodomy and lesbian with every male and female.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158607 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see a "sick" mind already!! The way Freud mixed sex in everything, so would you people add sodomy and lesbian with every male and female.
Actually, YOU added sodomy with every male and female. I just went out of my way to erase what you might consider "sodomy" from our lexicon due to faulty interpretations of the bible. Pay attention!

Furthermore, I never added Lesbianism to males. So thats your SECOND association. What a mind you must have.

Thirdly, most Kinsey polls have indicated that lesbianism is more popular that perhaps you are comfortable with. Dont blame that FACT on me. Dont make it so personal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158608 Jan 14, 2013
and you wonder why I label your reasoning sloppy, Muq?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158609 Jan 14, 2013
To MUQ with love,

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percent_of_the...
What percent of the world is gay?

The more rigorous studies have shown different results within a range of 0.6 to 5.4 percent. These studies include Bell-Weinberg, 1970 (~2 percent); Billy-Battelle, 1993 (1.1 percent); Cameron-Ross, 1975-78 (~3 percent); Catania-NABS, 1992 (2 percent); FRI, 1983 (5.4 percent); MacDonald, 1988 (2 percent); NCHS, 1988-91 (3.5 percent); Schmidt, 1987 (0.6 percent); and Trocki, 1988-89 (3 percent).

There are also other studies and reports that have influenced the popularly reported percentage. The popular estimate that 10 percent of the male population and 5 to 6 percent of the female population are exclusively or predominately gay/lesbian is based on the Kinsey Institute data published in 1948. Since then Kinsley has been widely debunked, as more than 55% of the men surveyed were either prisoners, sex offenders, or male prostitutes.

Laumann and Associates (1994), using the national probability Health and Social Life Survey combined with data collected in the General Social Survey, found that 2.8 percent of men and 1.4 percent of women identified as gay or lesbian, while 7.7 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women reported homosexual desire. Michaels (1996) analyzed the limited available data and estimated that in the United States 9.8 percent of men and 5 percent of women report same-gender sexual behavior since puberty; 7.7 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women report same-gender desire; and 2.8 percent of men and 1.4 percent of women report homosexual or bisexual identity. An analysis of U.S. census data has provided the most solid evidence of the presence and certain social characteristics of lesbians and gays among the general population. In the 1990 census, gay and lesbian respondents could identify themselves as unmarried partners. Estimates from the 1990 census indicate that 1.63 percent of people aged 15 and older nationwide reported themselves as unmarried partners of the householder.

----------
In other words, the Kinsey data I cited is a bit out dated - I'll concede on that notion - but the percentage of women either lesbian or having lesbian proclivities is still higher than you might think, and assuming you have a large family, the chances are pretty darn good one of them may be in that category.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#158610 Jan 14, 2013
SC wrote:
01. I don't understand why you are writing such a long post to me and not to bmz. All I'm saying is that Arabic language is not better or worst than other ones.

02. While bmz is saying that Greek language is poor and unfit for the scripture, this is why god has not revealed anything in that language, but as you said, and I said few days ago, Allah sent messengers to all nations. But he keeps ignoring, lying and denying anything goes against his wishes.

03. Since it's clear there is disagreement between you and him and time for you to educate him to what Quran said.
Ans.

01. Why should I have a discussion with BMZ? You asked me a question and I gave you answer. If you have any comment on that, you should reply back to me, why involve a third person.

02. There is no superiority of any language per see over another, all languages originate with God and He understands every language on earth.

03. The languages might have special qualities and some might be more powerful to express certain topics. There is no problem in that. And I have also said that not only Greek, but MOST of European languages have deficiency to express deep spiritual matters.

That might be reason that No Great Prophet (to our limited knowledge, there might be some local prophets to serve the needs of small groups) rose from Western Nations.

04. Do not get confused and cross connect me with BMZ. You post replies to my post to me and his posts to him.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158611 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I "wish" they make a movie about 9/11 incident.
And they "simulate" the fall of WTC-1 and WTC-7 by making a scale model of these buildings and demonstrate how it fell as the result of jet strike!!
Is it not strange that they were "so quick" to make a movie on OBL capture and killing....and "so lethargic" to make a movie on 9/11!!
What is holding them back?
Any clue?
MUQ the "Truther,"

No 9/11 movie needs to use scale models of WTC-1 and WTC-7. It simply needs to show actual video recordings that were made at the time.

For the "international readers" who also happen to be "Truthers" like MUQ:

Debunking 9/11 Conspiracy theories and Controlled Demolition Myths
http://www.debunking911.com/
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158612 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans would "use" 911 for at least next 50-60 years!! Their Media would not let them forget.
How can USA "forget" 911? They might if they find a "new" enemy.
MUQ the "Truther,"

Would your masters in Saudi Arabia "use" the Khobar Tower attack on June 25, 1996 "for at least next 50-60 years?" in their "holy war" against Hezbollah, if that's who REALLY did it? Maybe it was george Bush and the Mossad. Tell us the TRUTH!!!

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khobar_Towers_bo...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158613 Jan 14, 2013
CORRECTION:

Would your masters in Saudi Arabia "use" the Khobar Tower attack on June 25, 1996 "for at least next 50-60 years!!" in their "holy war" against Hezbollah, if that's who REALLY did it? Maybe it was GEORGE Bush and the Mossad. Tell us the TRUTH!!!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158614 Jan 14, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>MUQ the "Truther,"
Would your masters in Saudi Arabia "use" the Khobar Tower attack on June 25, 1996 "for at least next 50-60 years?" in their "holy war" against Hezbollah, if that's who REALLY did it? Maybe it was george Bush and the Mossad. Tell us the TRUTH!!!
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khobar_Towers_bo...
On the same wavelength, there is a pattern among truthers and political Islamists to claim that this whole business started with 911.

It didnt.

They neglect to remember the 1993 WTC parking lot bombing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158615 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What mind? You don't think before you type.
Use of the "Jewish Nose" in anti-Semitic literature is abundant. The Nazis used it extensively.
"The German is depicted as the tall, blond, slender and powerful Aryan ideal With regular features and a high forehead. His shovel indicates that he is a worker. In contrast to the Aryan ideal, the Jew is shown as short, dark-haired, misshapen, bulky, with a sloping forehead and a crooked nose and embodies the Jewish racial characteristics set forth by the Nazis. At the same time, she uses this image to convey the stereotype of the money-hungry Jew, well-clothed and carrying an attach case in his hand and a financial newspaper in his pocket. The figure of the Aryan appears proud and looks down upon the Jew, who gives him a shifty look and makes a somewhat concealed fist with his hand as though challenging him with respect to money." http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/m/mills-mar...
Want more examples? Go here: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&o...
HughBe--- I believe that my words which follow are clear.

Eric--this "Jewish Nose" insult has nothing to do with anything either.

HughBe-- It NEVER entered my mind to insult anyone and I believe that if you were not a load of Shi. you would not have seen insult in it.

My entire argument is that Jews are a RACE of people who have a common BIOLOGICAL origin i.e. a man called Israel and this IDENTITY was and is INDEPENDENT of RELIGION/Judaism. All that is needed is that they are the PHYSICAL descendants of Israel and they are Israelites/Jews. This fact will NEVER change regardless of the CORRUPTED teachings of you and your fellow rabbis. It is the BIOLOGY or family that makes them Jews and my use of the nose is to tell a fellow like you that the physical features did not come about because of any religion including Judaism. The physical features are due to BIOLOGY/race/FAMILY.

Finally, the Jewish people existed as a PEOPLE before Judaism and they will exists after Judaism.

Now go and STUDY what follows.

Eric--I don't have a "Jewish Nose".

HughBe--- Some will say that such is the case because you are not a full Jew.

My points are repeated below with significant ADDITIONS for your LEARNING.

1.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews their DNA. Jewish DNA testings are NOT done to determine RELIGION.The tests are done to determine RACE.

2.RACE/LINEAGE gives Jews their DNA. Recall, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel etc. that is LINEAGE/race.

3.Jews are a RACE of people.

4.Judaism is a RELIGION and its members are Judahites.

5.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews a JEWISH NOSE.

6.RACE gives Jews, JEWISH NOSES

7. Jews were in existence LONG before Moses got the law.

8. God made a COVENANT with a people KNOWN as Israel/Jews.

9. The LAW or COVENANT did NOT make them Jews they were ALREADY Jews

10. Jews existed over a 1000 years before Judaism.

11. When Jews leave Judaism their DNA do NOT change.

12. When Jews leave Judaism they REMAIN the SEED of Abraham, Isaac and Israel and there is NOTHING that you and other rabbis can do about that REALITY.

13. When a CONVERT leaves Judaism, is s/he still a spiritual Jew? NO, NO, NO!

14. When a Jew,seed of Israel, leaves Judaism is s/he still a Jew. YES. The DNA does not change. Only DECEIVERS don't get this.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158616 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What mind? You don't think before you type.
Use of the "Jewish Nose" in anti-Semitic literature is abundant. The Nazis used it extensively.
"The German is depicted as the tall, blond, slender and powerful Aryan ideal With regular features and a high forehead. His shovel indicates that he is a worker. In contrast to the Aryan ideal, the Jew is shown as short, dark-haired, misshapen, bulky, with a sloping forehead and a crooked nose and embodies the Jewish racial characteristics set forth by the Nazis. At the same time, she uses this image to convey the stereotype of the money-hungry Jew, well-clothed and carrying an attach case in his hand and a financial newspaper in his pocket. The figure of the Aryan appears proud and looks down upon the Jew, who gives him a shifty look and makes a somewhat concealed fist with his hand as though challenging him with respect to money." http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/m/mills-mar...
Want more examples? Go here: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&o...
HughBe--- I believe that my words below and their context are clear.

Eric--this "Jewish Nose" insult has nothing to do with anything either.

HughBe-- It NEVER entered my mind to insult anyone and I believe that if you were not a load of Shi. you would not have seen insult in it.

My entire argument is that Jews are a RACE of people who have a common BIOLOGICAL origin i.e. a man called Israel and this IDENTITY was and is INDEPENDENT of RELIGION/Judaism. All that is needed is that they are the PHYSICAL descendants of Israel and they are Israelites/Jews. This fact will NEVER change regardless of the CORRUPTED teachings of you and your fellow rabbis. It is the BIOLOGY or family that makes them Jews and my use of the nose is to tell a fellow like you that the physical features did not come about because of any religion including Judaism. The physical features are due to BIOLOGY/race/FAMILY.

Finally, the Jewish people existed as a PEOPLE before Judaism and they will exists after Judaism.

Now go and STUDY what follows.

Eric--I don't have a "Jewish Nose".

HughBe--- Some will say that such is the case because you are not a full Jew.

My points are repeated below with significant ADDITIONS for your LEARNING.

1.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews their DNA. Jewish DNA testings are NOT done to determine RELIGION.The tests are done to determine RACE.

2.RACE/LINEAGE gives Jews their DNA. Recall, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel etc. that is LINEAGE/race.

3.Jews are a RACE of people.

4.Judaism is a RELIGION and its members are Judahites.

5.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews a JEWISH NOSE.

6.RACE gives Jews, JEWISH NOSES

7. Jews were in existence LONG before Moses got the law.

8. God made a COVENANT with a people KNOWN as Israel/Jews.

9. The LAW or COVENANT did NOT make them Jews they were ALREADY Jews

10. Jews existed over a 1000 years before Judaism.

11. When Jews leave Judaism their DNA do NOT change.

12. When Jews leave Judaism they REMAIN the SEED of Abraham, Isaac and Israel and there is NOTHING that you and other rabbis can do about that REALITY.

13. When a CONVERT leaves Judaism, is s/he still a spiritual Jew? NO, NO, NO!

14. When a Jew,seed of Israel, leaves Judaism is s/he still a Jew. YES. The DNA does not change. Only DECEIVERS don't get this.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158617 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing is that I get them too. 4 of them
1 from Alex
1 from Muq
1 from the Jamaican
not sure who the the other one is.
Buford --TURD,You missed one.

Frijoles---The funny thing is that I get them too. 4 of them
1 from Alex
1 from Muq
1 from the Jamaican

HughBe--- How many times must I tell you that I don't judge the posts of others i.e. with the exception of the occasionally FUNNY?

Why do you allow your Satan to dominate you and to sow more and more LIES and other evil in you?

Why is your appetite for EVIL so great? LYING is EVIL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158618 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ripe comment since I dont recollect a reason based argument from yourself regarding your religious path ever. Your arguments are always appear to suffer from logical fallacies and/or are based on faith.
Furthermore, we have discussed the sin of sodom many many times before, and frankly considering I see no evidence that the sin is anything more than extreme inhospitality (I see nothing in the text that labels it sexual) I see nothing wrong with sodomites.
And finally, before you knock lesbians, you need to have a clear discussion with your wife and daughters and nieces and aunts. Statistically speaking, chances are, one of them is.(Dont shoot the messenger)
Frijoles--Furthermore, we have discussed the sin of sodom many many times before, and frankly considering I see no evidence that the sin is anything more than extreme inhospitality (I see nothing in the text that labels it sexual) I see nothing wrong with sodomites.

HughBe--- What a LIAR, you are. As a Bat..Boy you would see nothing wrong with it. However, in the past I've proven that the sin was homosexuality and so you are without excuse and are full of sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive 15 hr DR FAROOK 1
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
More from around the web