Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158641 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Faulty interpretations?
yeah...Is that your job?
Are you here playing "god" (as correctly pointed out by HughBe), to make lawful, what God made unlawful and to make unlawful, what God made lawful??
Satan is your daddy as Jesus said!
Go back and read what MUQ said

Yes, it is my job to correct MUQ

I do it often,. More often than one would hope would be necessary

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158642 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ killers and Christ worshippers unite...except bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford is NOT a Christ worshipper...
that makes him a CK!!
relax and take your meds

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158643 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody cares about "your" labels!
you have a huge label on your forehead "reject"
you are like a little boy begging for attention

We never asked you for your opinion, so your statement has no import.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158644 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, BS. The fact that you continue to repeat the stereotype and insult over and over again--even though you have been given references to the historical basis of the insult to Jews--means that you meant to and continue to insult others. You posted the stereotype post 3 time again in response to my last post. There can be no question of your intentions since you continue to say it.
OF you stupid BB.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158645 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, BS. The fact that you continue to repeat the stereotype and insult over and over again--even though you have been given references to the historical basis of the insult to Jews--means that you meant to and continue to insult others. You posted the stereotype post 3 time again in response to my last post. There can be no question of your intentions since you continue to say it.
HughBe--- since you liked it so much I have repeated it. Also the first time that I read upon the NOSE thing was on a JEWISH website and I did NOT take the views expressed there as an insult to anyone.

I have used the NOSE thing to show BIOLOGY. Nose is BIOLOGICAL and NOT religious. The point is, it is BIOLOGY that makes someone a Jew and NOT religion.

YOU and your fellow DECEIVERS don't like this truth and so I say once again OF, you BB.

__________
HughBe--- I believe that my words below and their context are clear.

Eric--this "Jewish Nose" insult has nothing to do with anything either.

HughBe-- It NEVER entered my mind to insult anyone and I believe that if you were not a load of Shi. you would not have seen insult in it.

My entire argument is that Jews are a RACE of people who have a common BIOLOGICAL origin i.e. a man called Israel and this IDENTITY was and is INDEPENDENT of RELIGION/Judaism. All that is needed is that they are the PHYSICAL descendants of Israel and they are Israelites/Jews. This fact will NEVER change regardless of the CORRUPTED teachings of you and your fellow rabbis. It is the BIOLOGY or family that makes them Jews and my use of the nose is to tell a fellow like you that the physical features did not come about because of any religion including Judaism. The physical features are due to BIOLOGY/race/FAMILY.

Finally, the Jewish people existed as a PEOPLE before Judaism and they will exists after Judaism.

Now go and STUDY what follows.

Eric--I don't have a "Jewish Nose".

HughBe--- Some will say that such is the case because you are not a full Jew.

My points are repeated below with significant ADDITIONS for your LEARNING.

1.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews their DNA. Jewish DNA testings are NOT done to determine RELIGION.The tests are done to determine RACE.

2.RACE/LINEAGE gives Jews their DNA. Recall, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel etc. that is LINEAGE/race.

3.Jews are a RACE of people.

4.Judaism is a RELIGION and its members are Judahites.

5.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews a JEWISH NOSE.

6.RACE gives Jews, JEWISH NOSES

7. Jews were in existence LONG before Moses got the law.

8. God made a COVENANT with a people KNOWN as Israel/Jews.

9. The LAW or COVENANT did NOT make them Jews they were ALREADY Jews

10. Jews existed over a 1000 years before Judaism.

11. When Jews leave Judaism their DNA do NOT change.

12. When Jews leave Judaism they REMAIN the SEED of Abraham, Isaac and Israel and there is NOTHING that you and other rabbis can do about that REALITY.

13. When a CONVERT leaves Judaism, is s/he still a spiritual Jew? NO, NO, NO!

14. When a Jew,seed of Israel, leaves Judaism is s/he still a Jew. YES. The DNA does not change. Only DECEIVERS don't get this.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158646 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
while we are on the topic of sodomy
To Hughbe:
The Biblical Sources
The basis of the prohibition against homosexual acts derives from two biblical verses in Leviticus:“Do not lie with a male as one lies with a woman; it is an abhorrence”(Leviticus 18:22) and “If a man lies with a male as one lies with a woman, the two of them have done an abhorrent thing; they shall be put to death—their bloodguilt is upon them”(Leviticus 20:13). The Torah considers a homosexual act between two men to be an abhorrent thing (to’evah), punishable by death—a strong prohibition.
The Torah gives no reason for this commandment. Some commentators have looked for a rationale in the story of Sodom, in which the men in the town attempt to rape the visitors to Lot’s house.(See Genesis 19; the word “sodomy” comes from this incident.) However, the occurrence in the story was a case of homosex­ual rape, hardly a legitimate precedent for the kind of consensual homosexual acts we are considering. Others see the root of the prohibition in the verse “No Israelite woman shall be a cult prostitute, nor shall any Israelite man be a cult prostitute”(Deuteronomy 23:18). Cultic prostitution, both hetero&#8209; and homosexual, was a common feature of idolatrous worship in the ancient Near East, but, like the story of Sodom, it is no longer a relevant precedent for modern homosexuality.
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/life/Sex_and_...
Note and link the TWO Leviticus verses and then link to Genesis text. Study and TEACH your rabbis.

Step 1--Leviticus 18:27 "For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled"

Step 2---Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"

Step 3---Genesis 19:5 "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them"
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158647 Jan 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, George
I would like to examine the questions and comment.
The prophet demolished and destroyed all the idols, which were housed in the Ka'aba. There is no report showing the Prophet climbing up to destroy Hubal's statue.
Ibn Asshaq also did not mention that.
This Hubul was actually known as Habaal or Ha-Ba'al, also known as Yahweh. He was imported.
So, HaBa'al was Jesus' Moon God father.
george the "also ran non-gentile" is a "robot"...
he does not stop to listen to our explanations...
poor george..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158648 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read what MUQ said
Yes, it is my job to correct MUQ
I do it often,. More often than one would hope would be necessary
I am afraid, you have been made redundant and you have no job.
For your info..you don't correct...but you just give your biased personal views defending non-gentiles at ANY cost.
Will you admit that your non-gentiles were written by your own people to give themselves all the rights to your own slave god?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158649 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
relax and take your meds
If you think that you have a "job" here...then you need more medication than all topix nutcase non-gentiles put together!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158650 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
you are like a little boy begging for attention
We never asked you for your opinion, so your statement has no import.
We never ask for your opinion either!
You delude yourself thinking you have a "job" here!
If you want a real job...please try going to work and pay taxes.
Bless....poor you... now i feel sorry for you Frijoles.
Again...nobody cares about "your" labels!
You have a huge label on your forehead saying.."reject" ..."unemployable".
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158651 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
you are like a little boy begging for attention
We never asked you for your opinion, so your statement has no import.
Frijoles, you really ought to find yourself something o do instead of hanging around here thinking your opinion about the crazy books of non-gentiles written by a few nutcases matters!
How many non gentiles on planet earth..?
your books are comical....nd you desperately cling to Christians to promote your vile books...because they haven't bothered to read and understand them!
When they finally realise that your books tell your non-gentiles to KILL ALL GENTILES AND UTTERLY DESTROY THEM...then the Gentile Christian will ditch your books and go back to a Pagan form of religion.
Take strong meds...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158652 Jan 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Note and link the TWO Leviticus verses and then link to Genesis text. Study and TEACH your rabbis.
Step 1--Leviticus 18:27 "For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled"
Step 2---Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"
Step 3---Genesis 19:5 "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them"
You didnt answer either of my three questions

scroll back
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158653 Jan 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Note and link the TWO Leviticus verses and then link to Genesis text. Study and TEACH your rabbis.
Step 1--Leviticus 18:27 "For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled"
Step 2---Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"
Step 3---Genesis 19:5 "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them"
Frijoles is deluding himself into thinking that he actually has a "job" here correcting us!!
Poor man needs very strong anti psychotic drugs.
george whyte

Horncastle, UK

#158655 Jan 14, 2013
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :

Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes

Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes

Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes

What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes

Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes

Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.

Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.

Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes

Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.

At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.

Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.

Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.

Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.

Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.

Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”

Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.

Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.

What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158654 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We never ask for your opinion either!
You delude yourself thinking you have a "job" here!
If you want a real job...please try going to work and pay taxes.
Bless....poor you... now i feel sorry for you Frijoles.
Again...nobody cares about "your" labels!
You have a huge label on your forehead saying.."reject" ..."unemployable".
that was not very productive

are you interested in conversing with me?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158656 Jan 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Note and link the TWO Leviticus verses and then link to Genesis text. Study and TEACH your rabbis.
Step 1--Leviticus 18:27 "For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled"
Step 2---Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"
Step 3---Genesis 19:5 "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them"
Here, I will make it more convenient for you. No need to scroll back. You can try again to answer my questions.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proven squat.

Read the Hebrew. Show me the hebrew term for sodomy (i.e. the act). Show how it is the identical term for sodomites (i.e. residents of said geographical entity).

And finally, show me where it says sodomy (the act) is a sin, within the SAME portion of the narrative. Note this is not a necessary precondition for the logic of the above paragraph.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158657 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt answer either of my three questions
scroll back
pose them again
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158658 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles is deluding himself into thinking that he actually has a "job" here correcting us!!
Poor man needs very strong anti psychotic drugs.
He needs a WOMAN to convert him.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158659 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, I will make it more convenient for you. No need to scroll back. You can try again to answer my questions.
<quoted text>
Frijoles--Here, I will make it more convenient for you. No need to scroll back. You can try again to answer my questions.

HughBe- thanks

Frijoles (question 1)--You have proven squat.

HughBe---(Answer 1)to be kind it is "rhetorical" question.

FRijoles (question 2)---Read the Hebrew. Show me the hebrew term for sodomy (i.e. the act). Show how it is the identical term for sodomites (i.e. residents of said geographical entity).

HughBe---(Answer 2)to be kind it is "rhetorical" question.

Frijoles (question 3)--And finally, show me where it says sodomy (the act) is a sin, within the SAME portion of the narrative. Note this is not a necessary precondition for the logic of the above paragraph.

HughBe---(Answer 3)to be kind it is "rhetorical" question.

I rest my case by repeating my points.

HughBe---Note and link the TWO Leviticus verses and then link to Genesis text. Study and TEACH your rabbis.

Step 1--Leviticus 18:27 "For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled"

Step 2---Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"

Step 3---Genesis 19:5 "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them"

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158660 Jan 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--Here, I will make it more convenient for you. No need to scroll back. You can try again to answer my questions.
HughBe- thanks
Frijoles (question 1)--You have proven squat.
HughBe---(Answer 1)to be kind it is "rhetorical" question.
FRijoles (question 2)---Read the Hebrew. Show me the hebrew term for sodomy (i.e. the act). Show how it is the identical term for sodomites (i.e. residents of said geographical entity).
HughBe---(Answer 2)to be kind it is "rhetorical" question.
Frijoles (question 3)--And finally, show me where it says sodomy (the act) is a sin, within the SAME portion of the narrative. Note this is not a necessary precondition for the logic of the above paragraph.
HughBe---(Answer 3)to be kind it is "rhetorical" question.
I rest my case by repeating my points.
HughBe---Note and link the TWO Leviticus verses and then link to Genesis text. Study and TEACH your rabbis.
Step 1--Leviticus 18:27 "For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled"
Step 2---Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"
Step 3---Genesis 19:5 "Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them"
In other words you can not answer my questions

They are not rhetorical - I can give you concise answers

This is exactly where we left off last time

You havent prooven squat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web