Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,461)

Showing posts 149,201 - 149,220 of199,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not try to twist, turn squirm and wriggle.
Yes, I do criticize the Greek language as a poor and unfit language for Scripture. That non-scriptural language is the mother of all problems of distortion, fraud, forgeries and edits in the Christian Bible.
You failed to prove your points, everytime.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Just answer what I asked. Here is my post again:
"Time to educate you:
A simple word like Ruach was turned into Ghost.
Have you ever heard of the word Ghost for Ruach in the English translations of Jewish Holy Scriptures by Jewish scholars?
This silly word Ghost came courtesy the scripturally poor language Greek. It was changed into Spirit only in the modern times. Perhaps, it was changed because the kids were getting scared.
Now, if you can, show me if the Jews have ever used the silly word Ghost for Ruach."
And show me where have the Jews used the word Ghost for Ruach. This is your assignment.
Actually I did answer to your silly points. In case you missed something, here it goes again:
"You cannot make a point only by affirming that a certain language is poor and unfit for a scripture, you need to back up your claims, and as far as I know all your examples are hilarious.

Take the last one, you are accusing Greek by using English language because they have translated ruach with ghost instead of spirit.

Lessons of the day:

In English language ghost means spirit:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/br ...

At the end of the day you are not that "well read" and "educated" as you claim to be.

Since you love to criticize Greek, let me break this down for you. The Hebraic word ruach, that can be used to mean spirit, literally means to breath or blow, while the Greeks translated that word with pneuma that can be used to mean spirit, but literally means breath, air of vital blow.

At this point anyone can figure out your brain is POOR and UNFIT for Greek language."

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Buford wrote:
Aramaic fell into disuse in the 5th c CE.
Finally confirmation.
But The calendar had issues, since the Meccan and Medinah calender differed. So frankly none knows exactly what happened when.
If Mutalib should be living round about 570 CE it's a bit strange that he is attested as being owned money -or the other way around-(verified and moslems will swear to it) in the library of a king that only started his rule in 812 CE in nowadays iraq.
One of the sources also states that he dug Zemzem(Zamzam).
I am talking old Islamic sources.
Reading Margoliouth. Who tries to distinguish fact from religious fiction.

Apropos the abused maid. Indonesia and other countires in that region, did vote the sharia in. At least now they might get an incling as to what it actually implies. Bondslavery with heaps of rape and abuse.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
Then why was quantum mechanics pioneered ands developed by a group of Jews, Christians, and Atheists?
Al-EX the Phallocentric doesn't like me, most probably because I asked him if he had ever had sex with a woman, and secondly because I continually "mock" his "prophet" by recounting, from authoritative MUSLIM records, what the Spelunker of Mecca actually said and did, assuming that these records are at all trustworthy.

Qadir mengal

Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has started, from page 33 of topix this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,10,11 and others have appeared or come on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so please follow a head.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ and I have no serious differences or disagreements.
Well, at least you recognize that there are some differences and disagreements between you and him
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>He will never say that Satan was a fallen angel because every Muslim knows that angels do not disobey God and every Muslim knows that Satan was created from "Naar, which means fire.
I was discussing about languages, not about fallen angel with him. About fallen angel, nor you or uhuh were able to demolish my points. It's clear that either you don't understand or don't want understand the mess with Iblis.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> How many times do I have to tell you that I have not compared Arabic with any language here.
It is you, who keeps producing red herring responses.
All I am saying is that God gave no Scripture in Greek. That language is unfit and poor for a Scripture.
You drift a lot, Signor Red Herring!
Go back to the Ghost and tell me how that word came up?
In the very moment that you diqualify Greek language as unfit and poor for a scripture, and claim arabic is not, you, as a muslim fanatic are elevating arabic over greek and other languages. The worst thing was that you failed miserably to prove that.

How do you know that god has not given any scripture in Greek? Back up your claim with proof, mr long tongue. Futhermore Didn't your god send messengers to all the nations? If it's true, isn't wise for Allah to have these revelations, sent to all nation, made written than oral, so they are preserved better? If Allah didn't then I'm starting to wondering about his omnipotence.

If you believe that your god has not made revelations in Greek because the language is unfit and poor, then we have to assume that your god is NOT almighty because the "limits" of Greek language does not allow him to make any revelation.

I am tired to speak from a Muslim viewpoint... in reality no god given any revelation to any whatsover arab.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Question to BMZ.
If NAAR means fire then why does NAHARA not have the meaning of The fires or something like The fiery?
As in a few pages back, nobody knowing what that latter word meant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Qadir mengal wrote:
Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has started, from page 33 of topix this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,10,11 and others have appeared or come on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so please follow a head.
You are to late when it comes to the mother that beat her 7 year old to death for not being able to quote the quraanic verses she wanted to hear after one day of studying.
I do not think everyone else needs adjusted apologetics, but muslims could do with some proper understanding.

As in we get the pudding served and muslims the coals it's cooked on.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-Ex the Phallocentric and Model Muslim,
How many scientists believe in the existence of your "firey pit of hell?"
Take your meds.
Atlest you admit that you are uneducated.

Hey buttboy, entertain me with you angel light and satan fire challenge!

You are the fake "christian".... have you forgotten loads of reference to fiery pit that is ready for YOU!!

Matt 5:22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever shall say to his brother,'Raca,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever shall say,'You fool,' shall be guilty [enough to go] into the FIERY HELL.

Matt 5:29 "And if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into HELL. 30 "And if your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into HELL.

Matt 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in HELL.

Matt 18:8 "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the ETERNAL FIRE. 9 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into the FIERY HELL.

Matt 23:15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel about on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of HELL as yourselves.

Matt 23:33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how shall you escape the sentence of HELL?

Mark 9:43 "And if your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than having your two hands, to go into HELL, into THE UNQUENCHABLE FIRE,

Mark 9:45 "And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than having your two feet, to be CAST INTO HELL...47 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, cast it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be CAST INTO HELL FIRE,

Luke 12:4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into HELL; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, the [very] world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of [our] life, and is SET on FIRE by HELL.

HELL IS FIERY (Mt 5:22)

The FIRE is "ETERNAL" and it is "HELL". It is so bad that it would be better to cut off a part of your body to avoid going there.(Mt 5:29-30; 18:8-9; Mk 9:43-48) Does that sound like "the grave" to you?

HELL is FOR the SOUL as well as the BODY.(Mt 10:28)

Some people are sentenced to HELL (Mt 23:33)

They are then CAST INTO HELL.(Mk 9:45,47)

Those who only kill the body do not cast anyone into hell; they merely cast someone into their grave. Only the Lord has the authority to cast a person into HELL.(Luke 12:4)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why was quantum mechanics pioneered ands developed by a group of Jews, Christians, and Atheists?
Somebody needed to educate the non-Muslims!
Qadir mengal

Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

who="MAAT"]
You are to late when it comes to the mother that beat her 7 year old to death for not being able to quote the quraanic verses she wanted to hear after one day of studying.
I do not think everyone else needs adjusted apologetics, but muslims could do with some proper understanding.
As in we get the pudding served and muslims the coals it's cooked on.

Mengal,

Dear MAAT,

Please,any objection,or criticism if would be clear then at least one pass any comment, As such one who having no information about any incident un able to pass any remarks, Peace.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric doesn't like me, most probably because I asked him if he had ever had sex with a woman, and secondly because I continually "mock" his "prophet" by recounting, from authoritative MUSLIM records, what the Spelunker of Mecca actually said and did, assuming that these records are at all trustworthy.
The subnormal buttboy of non-gentiles is now getting paranoid!
We all know that bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford is old and ugly as sin, incapable of going anywhere near a real woman (the dead one under his smelly bed and his used/full inflatable doll do not count as real women!!!)...
When buttboy asks questions about something that buttboy is incapable of engaing in, all decent people see himu as a dirty filthy old man.
buttboy's infantile remarks about the Most holy prophet are not even an issue....
Just look at bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford...a pathetic jobless ugly LOOPY LONELY old fool...

The Holy prophet Muhammed is the BEST of all humans and is loved by billions of humans.

Buttboy is just jealous!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not suddenly appear from nowhere...the foundation comes from many sources...and stop pretending you are a scientist.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Atlest you admit that you are uneducated.
Hey buttboy, entertain me with you angel light and satan fire challenge!
You are the fake "christian".... have you forgotten loads of reference to fiery pit that is ready for YOU!!
Matt 5:22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever shall say to his brother,'Raca,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever shall say,'You fool,' shall be guilty [enough to go] into the FIERY HELL.
Matt 5:29 "And if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into HELL. 30 "And if your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into HELL.
Matt 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in HELL.
Matt 18:8 "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the ETERNAL FIRE. 9 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into the FIERY HELL.
Matt 23:15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel about on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of HELL as yourselves.
Matt 23:33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how shall you escape the sentence of HELL?
Mark 9:43 "And if your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than having your two hands, to go into HELL, into THE UNQUENCHABLE FIRE,
Mark 9:45 "And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than having your two feet, to be CAST INTO HELL...47 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, cast it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be CAST INTO HELL FIRE,
Luke 12:4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into HELL; yes, I tell you, fear Him!
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, the [very] world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of [our] life, and is SET on FIRE by HELL.
HELL IS FIERY (Mt 5:22)
The FIRE is "ETERNAL" and it is "HELL". It is so bad that it would be better to cut off a part of your body to avoid going there.(Mt 5:29-30; 18:8-9; Mk 9:43-48) Does that sound like "the grave" to you?
HELL is FOR the SOUL as well as the BODY.(Mt 10:28)
Some people are sentenced to HELL (Mt 23:33)
They are then CAST INTO HELL.(Mk 9:45,47)
Those who only kill the body do not cast anyone into hell; they merely cast someone into their grave. Only the Lord has the authority to cast a person into HELL.(Luke 12:4)
Al-EX the Phallocentric and Model Muslim,

You didn't answer the question: "How many scientists believe in your 'fiery pit of hell?'"
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION:

You didn't answer the question: "How many scientists believe in your 'FIREY pit of hell?'"

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not suddenly appear from nowhere...the foundation comes from many sources...and stop pretending you are a scientist.
Yes, please educate us as to what those sources are.

Didnt know I was a scientist. Maybe I should ask for a raise.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric doesn't like me, most probably because I asked him if he had ever had sex with a woman, and secondly because I continually "mock" his "prophet" by recounting, from authoritative MUSLIM records, what the Spelunker of Mecca actually said and did, assuming that these records are at all trustworthy.
I dont think he likes me very much either.

Do female beasts of the field count>?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
The Holy prophet Muhammed is the BEST of all humans and is loved by billions of humans.
Wow! Since the "BEST of all humans" was a thief, a murderer, a rape-enabler, and an enslaver of women and children (surivors of the men who were butchered by Mohammad's soldiers) as the authoritative MUSLIM records attest that he was, then we're all in a world of hurt, now aren't we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_world

Excerpt: "As of 2009, over 1.6 billion or about 23% of the world population are Muslims," which is not exactly "billions of humans," many of whom might not "love" Mohammad at all but dare not say so, or worse, renounce the Spelunker of Mecca as a false prophet and thereby risk prison or death for the crime/sin of "apostasy." See: http://www.religioustolerance.org/isl_apos3.h...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Back off man, I'm a scientist." (Bill Murray in Ghostbusters)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think he likes me very much either.
Do female beasts of the field count>?
Seems you fancy them!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is in your question...
You think you know everything...and you don't need educating!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,201 - 149,220 of199,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cistern found at St. Augustine property 1 hr Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••