Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
149,041 - 149,060 of 199,643 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
they are koferim ba-Torah (deniers of Torah)
one group abrogated the laws in Torah making them null and void
the other group replaced the laws in Torah by another set of laws
the chazal/rabbanan/sages ruled that koferim ba-Torah will spend eternity in gehinnom
you have a very narrow interpetation of my religion. One that by far, is not accepted by most, in todays world.

As I mentioned before, I suspect you are not even Jewish. I could be wrong. Out of curioisty, what is your affiliation?

I have asked you this a few times before and never received a response, which is curious in its own right.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the dictator of topix has returned. Everyone must drop everything else and answer to Hugh. No one else counts. No other topics count. Only Hugh's topics counts.
As in the case of the Hebrew scriptures, to understand any scripture one should read and understand it in the original language. Thankfully, there are websites which offer the New Testament in Greek and then offer a translation thereof without editorializing. Just word for word.
I answered your question here http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Magician/divinator please FOCUS.

HughBe--- Let me tell you a story. Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.

Quote the facts that are in evidence which support your position. Quote the facts that support the position that the arrest was moral, justified, merited and lawful.

Nowhere in MY story do I state that the arrest was proper, moral, justified, merited or lawful. Prove otherwise by quoting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the dictator of topix has returned. Everyone must drop everything else and answer to Hugh. No one else counts. No other topics count. Only Hugh's topics counts.
I wouldnt even call them topics. That implies mutuality. I would call them sermons.

He has yet to acknowledge any of the content I responded with in the last melee between us, which is why out of exasperation I felt it necesarry to declare that I longer speak "stupid".
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe
Kingston, Jamaica

Quote the facts that are in evidence which support your position. Quote the facts that support the position that the arrest was moral, justified, merited and lawful.

HughBe
Kingston, Jamaica

Nowhere in MY story do I state that the arrest was proper, moral, justified, merited or lawful. Prove otherwise by quoting.
----------

Like normal, you have everything ass backward. Under English Common Law, the basis of law in both the US and Jamaica, decisions are to be made on the basis of facts in evidence. It is objectional for either side to ask questions based upon facts not in evidence. A question based upon facts not in evidence is stricken as without foundation.

Your story does not say that the arrest was improper, immoral, unjustified, unmerited or unlawful. Based upon the judicial rules of both the US and Jamaica, I answer your question upon the facts in evidence and assume no facts not in evidence.

The answer is yes.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Magician/divinator please FOCUS.
HughBe--- Let me tell you a story. Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.
Hugh, I wasn't answering the question on your story. I was answering your question on quotations showing the slave had escaped.

FOCUS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh, I wasn't answering the question on your story. I was answering your question on quotations showing the slave had escaped.
FOCUS
You were playing with yourself, as usual, and that is what you were doing.

Answer my question about the story.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
HughBe
Kingston, Jamaica
HughBe
Kingston, Jamaica
----------
Like normal, you have everything ass backward. Under English Common Law, the basis of law in both the US and Jamaica, decisions are to be made on the basis of facts in evidence. It is objectional for either side to ask questions based upon facts not in evidence. A question based upon facts not in evidence is stricken as without foundation.
Your story does not say that the arrest was improper, immoral, unjustified, unmerited or unlawful. Based upon the judicial rules of both the US and Jamaica, I answer your question upon the facts in evidence and assume no facts not in evidence.
The answer is yes.
Objection sustained
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You were playing with yourself, as usual, and that is what you were doing.
Answer my question about the story.
read up one

Not only are we unable to choose what questions we want in the order we want, but now we are not accorded time to type.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_ (evidence)

In law, a foundation is sufficient preliminary evidence of the authenticity and relevance for the admission of material evidence in the form of exhibits or testimony of witnesses. Material evidence is important evidence that may serve to determine the outcome of a case. Exhibits include real evidence, illustrative evidence, demonstrative evidence, and documentary evidence. The type of preliminary evidence necessary to lay the proper foundation depends on the form and type of material evidence offered.

The lack of foundation is a valid objection that an adverse party may raise during trial.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Objection sustained
Thank you, your Honor
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
read up one
Not only are we unable to choose what questions we want in the order we want, but now we are not accorded time to type.
Take your time. I have to go now.

Later.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your time. I have to go now.
Later.
Did you see this http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, your Honor
ironically, I just spent the last two days in court as a potential expert witness. Lucky for me, they settled. Though I was prepared.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ironically, I just spent the last two days in court as a potential expert witness. Lucky for me, they settled. Though I was prepared.
That's how it works. They hold the witnesses hostage and the jurors hostage. The judge keeps on saying "I have a jury panel ready. We are going to settle this case now or go to trial."

Don't forget to bill your time as court time and not prep time.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
you have a very narrow interpetation of my religion. One that by far, is not accepted by most, in todays world.
As I mentioned before, I suspect you are not even Jewish. I could be wrong. Out of curioisty, what is your affiliation?
I have asked you this a few times before and never received a response, which is curious in its own right.
LOL

I have no idea where you get the idea she's a Jewish. She has never claimed that. She's a muslim trying to put down Judaism and Christianity.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday night I have noted that he/she strongly disagreed with you about it.
So NOW, you agree with faith about it? That means that in the past, everytime you answered about the possible contradiction of Quran 2:62 and 4:150-151 you didn't know what you were talking about it.
Clueless Fool! You really talk through your arse.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Thus saith the LORD!
How many others have gone to or are going to your hell? Hindus, definitely, since they believe in millions of Gods. Atheists, certainly, since they don't believe in any God or Gods.
Are the Alawites going to your hell since they've incorporated some Christian beliefs into their overall Shi'a scheme of things?
I assume that Jews are going to your heaven because they are strict monotheists, even though they reject "messengers" Jesus and Mohammad as false.
As for Jesus condemning lots of folks to hell, how can you believe such a thing since it's not in the Qur'an, and you are certian that the Gospel record was entirely fabricated?
I can always refer to the gospels and quote any damn thing that I see in there, to make a point.

Didn't Jesus talk about eternal damnation? The man always threatened everyone with that. Even if one called his brother fool, he threatened with eternal damnation. Right?

Any objection?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of the legion of demons is nonsense, but as far as you're muslim you are not in position to make fun of Christians.

For instance I found hilarious the story of God dealing with a rebel angel, or god sending 3000, 5000 angels to fight against men, or Muhammad converting demons, or angels that can be attracted sexually speaking by houris ect.
The story of demons is not nonsense. Christians like Buford believe in that.

Where did you find the story of God dealing with a rebel angel? You must have read in some books from the Christian Church!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give you examples from our scriptures which refute the above. But, I'd rather dwell on where we agree rather than where we disagree.
<quoted text>
This is where we agree. The 7 are the prime laws that should apply to all. Therefore, to be accepted by the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham one should at least abide by the 7. When Alex spoke of minimal piety, in my mind he spoke of the 7. Therefore, it is my belief that there is no reason why a Muslim or Christian cannot be accepted by G-d because there is nothing in the 7 which they cannot believe or follow. There is nothing in the 7 which is contrary to their beliefs.
Therefore, my response to the question of whether Muslims or Christians can be accepted by G-d and enter heaven is an unqualified yes.
Thanks for your views, Eric. We can agree to disagree and agree where we can. No worries.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your views, Eric. We can agree to disagree and agree where we can. No worries.
May you have a blessed afternoon of prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Wed Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••