Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,443

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158296 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of interpretation on our part. We believe that since the 7 pre-date Abraham, their tenets apply to all survivors of the flood and their descendants.

The hundreds of additional requirements for Israelites/Jews come from the pronuncements in the desert during the Exodus.

My understanding was that Muslims considered themselves descendants of Ishmael whose descendants did not make the trek to Egypt and therefore were not in the desert.
I beg to disagree again. To me, it is quite clear that the interpretation has no authority from God Almighty!

The Jews came from Judah and others came from others, who all came from Noah. Abraham also was neither a Hebrew not a Jew.

At the time of Exodus, it wasn't that only Hebrews were brought out by Moses. All the folks were
generations of each patriarch, not just the generations of Jacob and Joseph. So, there were many others. Even Esau's generations must have been there. Egypt was the 'West' of the time, when people went to look for a greener pasture.

You can see that fact from the way people behaved at Sinai. The Hebrews were not pagans. And there were others, who went for the Golden Calf and rebelled. So, it was a huge multitude comprising of other beliefs.

The laws started from seven, which remain prime and other laws were given as the need arose.

We have laws similar to yours, although we have not counted them.

You cannot deny any law of the seven laws given to Noah. Right? Christians do not have any law.

According to them, Jesus, the lawless, has rendered the laws null and void. They can do anything. So why would they follow seven? lol!
uhuh

Benamejí, Spain

#158297 Jan 11, 2013
before that, the Noahide laws used to be enforced on gentiles whenever "Israel is in power over them",

"The Torah and mitzvot are only for Israel and gentiles who convert. However Moses was commanded by God to compel all nations of the world to accept the seven mitzvot, or else they should be executed."
"We are commanded to wage wars of conquest against other nations. Offer peace only if they accept the seven mitzvot. If they refuse, kill all adult men and take their women and children as captives." (MT, hilchot Melachim)

"Gentiles are allowed to dwell among us in Eretz Yisrael if they observe the seven mitzvot" (hilchot Issurei Biah)
"Even a gentile who travels from place to place should not be allowed to pass through our holy land until he accepts the seven mitzvot" (hilchot Avodah Kochavim)
uhuh

Benamejí, Spain

#158298 Jan 11, 2013
on every jubilee gentiles took an oath in front of bet din to obey the authority of the chachamim (sages); they were then called gerim toshvim (resident converts), in preparation to become full-fledged gerim tzadikim (devout converts)

these were the ones Maimonides referred to as "chasidei umot ha-olam (righteous gentiles) who have a share in olam ha-ba
uhuh

Benamejí, Spain

#158299 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
I see no reason why a Muslim or a Christian could not enter heaven the same way as Jews. In fact, since they only have 7 requirements as opposed to hundreds, they probably have a better chance.
they are koferim ba-Torah (deniers of Torah)
one group abrogated the laws in Torah making them null and void
the other group replaced the laws in Torah by another set of laws

the chazal/rabbanan/sages ruled that koferim ba-Torah will spend eternity in gehinnom
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158300 Jan 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
You will not go to hell for that. You will go to hell because you believe in an absurdity and monstrosity know as Trinity and you foolishly believe that Jesus was God or the so-called Son of God.
Even Jesus has condemned lots of folks to hell aka eternal damnation.
Thus saith the LORD!

How many others have gone to or are going to your hell? Hindus, definitely, since they believe in millions of Gods. Atheists, certainly, since they don't believe in any God or Gods.

Are the Alawites going to your hell since they've incorporated some Christian beliefs into their overall Shi'a scheme of things?

I assume that Jews are going to your heaven because they are strict monotheists, even though they reject "messengers" Jesus and Mohammad as false.

As for Jesus condemning lots of folks to hell, how can you believe such a thing since it's not in the Qur'an, and you are certian that the Gospel record was entirely fabricated?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158301 Jan 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the New Testament also pink?
Buford's holy book is full of demons. Jesus lived among them. A legion of 5,000 could live within one man, according to Buford's holy book. He used to talk with them.
Check out with Buford.
The story of the legion of demons is nonsense, but as far as you're muslim you are not in position to make fun of Christians.

For instance I found hilarious the story of God dealing with a rebel angel, or god sending 3000, 5000 angels to fight against men, or Muhammad converting demons, or angels that can be attracted sexually speaking by houris ect.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158302 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you are assuming facts not in evidence. No where in your story do you state that the arrest was anything but proper.
"Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly."
Eric---See, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

HughBe---Quote the facts that are in evidence which support your position. Quote the facts that support the position that the arrest was moral, justified, merited and lawful.

The FACT is the story was SILENT on the propriety or lack thereof of the arrest and that is the plain truth and FACT. YOU assume and see things that do not exist.

Eric---No where in your story do you state that the arrest was anything but proper.

HughBe--- Nowhere in MY story do I state that the arrest was proper, moral, justified, merited or lawful. Prove otherwise by quoting. You are FABRICATING for whatever reason.

HughBe--- Let me tell you a story. Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.

Tell me, was the father supporting the arrest of his son?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158303 Jan 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex-bro Mahmood is obsessed with that so-called Contradiction.
Good answer.
Yesterday night I have noted that he/she strongly disagreed with you about it.

So NOW, you agree with faith about it? That means that in the past, everytime you answered about the possible contradiction of Quran 2:62 and 4:150-151 you didn't know what you were talking about it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158304 Jan 11, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Not overlooked. Some of us have jobs.
Dio pollEn en christO parrEsian echOn epitassein soi to anEkon dia tEn agapEn mallon parakalO toioutos On hOs paulos presbutEs nuni de kai desmios iEsou christou parakalO se peri tou emou teknou hon egennEsa en tois desmois mou onEsimon ton pote soi achrEston nuni de soi kai emoi euchrEston hon anepempsa su de auton tout estin ta ema splagchna proslabou hon egO eboulomEn pros emauton katechein hina huper sou diakonE moi en tois desmois tou euaggeliou
HughBe---Please address the previously overlooked matter below.

Eric---To send an escaped slave back to a master is immoral

HughBe--- Prove that the man was an escape slave.

Eric--Not overlooked.

HughBe--- I understand. Nevertheless, spend some of the time that you use making other posts and DEFEND this position that you have been pushing.

Eric---Some of us have jobs.

HughBe--- Correct and some PRETEND to have as jobs and you know this PERSONALLY.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158305 Jan 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to disagree again. To me, it is quite clear that the interpretation has no authority from God Almighty!
The Jews came from Judah and others came from others, who all came from Noah. Abraham also was neither a Hebrew not a Jew.
At the time of Exodus, it wasn't that only Hebrews were brought out by Moses. All the folks were
generations of each patriarch, not just the generations of Jacob and Joseph. So, there were many others. Even Esau's generations must have been there. Egypt was the 'West' of the time, when people went to look for a greener pasture.
You can see that fact from the way people behaved at Sinai. The Hebrews were not pagans. And there were others, who went for the Golden Calf and rebelled. So, it was a huge multitude comprising of other beliefs.
I could give you examples from our scriptures which refute the above. But, I'd rather dwell on where we agree rather than where we disagree.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws started from seven, which remain prime and other laws were given as the need arose.
This is where we agree. The 7 are the prime laws that should apply to all. Therefore, to be accepted by the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham one should at least abide by the 7. When Alex spoke of minimal piety, in my mind he spoke of the 7. Therefore, it is my belief that there is no reason why a Muslim or Christian cannot be accepted by G-d because there is nothing in the 7 which they cannot believe or follow. There is nothing in the 7 which is contrary to their beliefs.

Therefore, my response to the question of whether Muslims or Christians can be accepted by G-d and enter heaven is an unqualified yes.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158306 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me, was the father supporting the arrest of his son?
Yes
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158307 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Quote the facts that are in evidence which support your position. Quote the facts that support the position that the arrest was moral, justified, merited and lawful.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158308 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Nowhere in MY story do I state that the arrest was proper, moral, justified, merited or lawful. Prove otherwise by quoting.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158309 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Eric---Some of us have jobs.
HughBe--- Correct and some PRETEND to have as jobs and you know this PERSONALLY.
Oh my, the dictator of topix has returned. Everyone must drop everything else and answer to Hugh. No one else counts. No other topics count. Only Hugh's topics counts.

As in the case of the Hebrew scriptures, to understand any scripture one should read and understand it in the original language. Thankfully, there are websites which offer the New Testament in Greek and then offer a translation thereof without editorializing. Just word for word.

I answered your question here http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158310 Jan 11, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
they are koferim ba-Torah (deniers of Torah)
one group abrogated the laws in Torah making them null and void
the other group replaced the laws in Torah by another set of laws
the chazal/rabbanan/sages ruled that koferim ba-Torah will spend eternity in gehinnom
you have a very narrow interpetation of my religion. One that by far, is not accepted by most, in todays world.

As I mentioned before, I suspect you are not even Jewish. I could be wrong. Out of curioisty, what is your affiliation?

I have asked you this a few times before and never received a response, which is curious in its own right.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158311 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the dictator of topix has returned. Everyone must drop everything else and answer to Hugh. No one else counts. No other topics count. Only Hugh's topics counts.
As in the case of the Hebrew scriptures, to understand any scripture one should read and understand it in the original language. Thankfully, there are websites which offer the New Testament in Greek and then offer a translation thereof without editorializing. Just word for word.
I answered your question here http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Magician/divinator please FOCUS.

HughBe--- Let me tell you a story. Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.

Quote the facts that are in evidence which support your position. Quote the facts that support the position that the arrest was moral, justified, merited and lawful.

Nowhere in MY story do I state that the arrest was proper, moral, justified, merited or lawful. Prove otherwise by quoting.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158312 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldnt even call them topics. That implies mutuality. I would call them sermons.

He has yet to acknowledge any of the content I responded with in the last melee between us, which is why out of exasperation I felt it necesarry to declare that I longer speak "stupid".
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158313 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe
Kingston, Jamaica

HughBe
Kingston, Jamaica

----------

Like normal, you have everything ass backward. Under English Common Law, the basis of law in both the US and Jamaica, decisions are to be made on the basis of facts in evidence. It is objectional for either side to ask questions based upon facts not in evidence. A question based upon facts not in evidence is stricken as without foundation.

Your story does not say that the arrest was improper, immoral, unjustified, unmerited or unlawful. Based upon the judicial rules of both the US and Jamaica, I answer your question upon the facts in evidence and assume no facts not in evidence.

The answer is yes.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158314 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Magician/divinator please FOCUS.
Hugh, I wasn't answering the question on your story. I was answering your question on quotations showing the slave had escaped.

FOCUS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158315 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh, I wasn't answering the question on your story. I was answering your question on quotations showing the slave had escaped.
FOCUS
You were playing with yourself, as usual, and that is what you were doing.

Answer my question about the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Oct 18 Old Pom 5
History is boring Oct 18 llortraob 1
Amphipolis tomb mosaic depicts abduction of Per... Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
AMPHIPOLlS (upd) Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Oct 12 Barnsweb 101
Israeli archaeologists find inscriptions of Aus... Oct 11 Stan Dandyliver 5
Paleolithic relics unearthed at China's Nihewan... Oct 5 RayH 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE