Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
148,801 - 148,820 of 199,934 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have FALSELY claimed that what I wrote amounted to plagiarism
Nope - it was a true claim pursuant to the post above.

Why do you fight these things? Why even bother? You think we might think less of you becuase you cut and paste without citing a source? EARTH TO HUGHBE!!- we ALREADY thought less of you regardless - that cut and paste doesnt change a thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and quote the book properly, LIAR.
Educate everybody and show how your quote will change the FACTS given in my quote.
You are truly an EVIL creature.
Why, because I posted a link to an accepted and credible scholarly work 16 years later, that may of contradicted the initially UNCITED cut and paste you posted from a work published 16 years earlier?

You OBVIOUSLY have a problem with people criticizing your "authority" on matters.
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

in Hebrew: "Many goyim shall come to Jerusalem; ten of them shall grab hold of the skirt of one yehudi saying 'We will go with you for we have heard that Elohim is with you'" (Zech 8:23) yehudim are worth groveling at

in Aramaic: "Haggai and Zechariah prophesied unto yehudain in Yehud and Jerusalem in the name of Elah yisrael" (Ezra 5:1)

why should some take offense if yehudim/yehudain is translated as judahites in english?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"What I did not do was to cite the source"
EXACTLY - thats why its plagiarism (as according to the definition you requested I provide)
I get the feeling your inability or unwillingness to read the definition is inextricably linked to your previous behavior
not a big deal - I only mentioned it because I was interested in teh source. I never assumed you wrote it - it was too logical and rational for anything you have posted here
Once again, the words were in QUOTATION marks. What is your understanding of quotation marks?

I am still waiting. Explain the implications of my words that follow.I knew from common sense that persons who were very much in trade etc. would also be a part of the African Slave trade. The PROOF took perhaps minutes to FIND.

I am still waiting for an answer-- Does the word FIND tell an IDIOT like you that I wrote it?

I am still waiting for an explanation-- The PROOF took perhaps minutes to FIND.

Now, YOU have either not understood the words that you have quoted or have maliciously taken them out of context.

Finally, did I represent the words as my own?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because I posted a link to an accepted and credible scholarly work 16 years later, that may of contradicted the initially UNCITED cut and paste you posted from a work published 16 years earlier?
You OBVIOUSLY have a problem with people criticizing your "authority" on matters.
HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATED the information that he wrote?

Do you suppose that a man who has been the EDITOR of America Jewish HISTORY for a LONG time would know something about the slave trade?

For your source to contradict Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, it means one of them is LYING and FABRICATING history.

Did Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, fabricate the things that he wrote?

Is it a case where your source sought to "CORRECT" history.

Note the quotation marks. Do you understand its meaning in this context? It certainly went over your head in a different context if you are to believed. The truth is you are just plain DECEPTIVE and LIE. You understood the first use of the marks.

"Jews also took an active part in the Dutch colonial slave trade; indeed, the bylaws of the Recife and Mauricia congregations (1648) included an imposta (Jewish tax) of five soldos for each Negro slave a Brazilian Jew purchased from the West Indies Company. Slave AUCTIONS were POSTPONED if they fell on a Jewish holiday. In Curacao in the seventeenth century, as well as in the British colonies of Barbados and Jamaica in the eighteenth century, Jewish merchants played a MAJOR role in the slave trade. In FACT, in ALL the American colonies, whether French (Martinique), British, or Dutch, Jewish merchants frequently DOMINATED.

"This was no less true on the North American mainland, where during the eighteenth century Jews participated in the 'triangular trade' that brought slaves from Africa to the West Indies and there exchanged them for molasses, which in turn was taken to New England and converted into rum for sale in Africa. Isaac Da Costa of Charleston in the 1750's, David Franks of Philadelphia in the 1760's, and Aaron Lopez of Newport in the late 1760's and early 1770's dominated Jewish slave trading on the American continent."

"Slave trading was a MAJOR feature of Jewish economic life in Surinam which as a major stopping-off point in the triangular trade. Both North American and Caribbean Jews played a key role in this commerce: records of a slave sale in 1707 reveal that the ten LARGEST Jewish purchasers (10,400 guilders) spent more than 25 PERCENT of the total funds (38,605 guilders) exchanged."

Source---"Rabbi Raphael is both a rabbi and a TOP historian of Jewish history. For the last generation he has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish History.

He is the Nathan and Sophia Gumenick Professor of Judaic Studies, Professor of Religion, and Chair, Department of Religion, The College of William and Mary, and a Visiting Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford University.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

uhuh wrote:
in Hebrew: "Many goyim shall come to Jerusalem; ten of them shall grab hold of the skirt of one yehudi saying 'We will go with you for we have heard that Elohim is with you'" (Zech 8:23) yehudim are worth groveling at
in Aramaic: "Haggai and Zechariah prophesied unto yehudain in Yehud and Jerusalem in the name of Elah yisrael" (Ezra 5:1)
why should some take offense if yehudim/yehudain is translated as judahites in english?
Because it is meant to be offensive.

Hughbe believes in the Christian fundamentalist doctrine of replacement theology. I.E. Jews are unworthy of their "spiritual inheritence", leaving Christians like him free to step in.

Labeling us jews as Judaites or whatever is part of that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATED the information that he wrote?
Um...yes

You have no understanding how the academic enterprise works.

Some one publishes something, Some one else examines, it, improves on it, criticizes it, etc etc...thats how progress is attained

I would be MUCH more impressed if YOU read BOTH books and came back with an informed critique or opinion on the issue, rather than defending an older work and ignoring future works.

You have a weak approach

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the words were in QUOTATION marks. What is your understanding of quotation marks?
?
It doesnt matter. I knew you didnt write it. But others might not be so familair with your style. Thats why the definition AS I PROVIDED IT UPON YOUR PERSONAL REQUEST says that you need to cite the actual SOURCE.

Didnt you ever write reports in school?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Judahite, tell me, did Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish HISTORY, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATE the information or statistics in my quote?

Rabbi Raphael gave statistics, did he make them up?

Understand, these exchanges are saying OUR rabbis cannot be TRUSTED because they "CORRECT" or PERVERT truth and HISTORY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

CORRECTION

I would be MUCH more impressed if YOU read BOTH books and came back with an informed critique or opinion on the issue, rather than BLINDLY defending an older work (i.e. without reading it and depending upon reputation alone) and ignoring future works.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

You may also be in violation of Copyright laws....
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...yes
You have no understanding how the academic enterprise works.
Some one publishes something, Some one else examines, it, improves on it, criticizes it, etc etc...thats how progress is attained
I would be MUCH more impressed if YOU read BOTH books and came back with an informed critique or opinion on the issue, rather than defending an older work and ignoring future works.
You have a weak approach

Frijoles---Um...yes

HughBe--- So, Rabbi Raphael FABRICATED the information that he wrote but your source did not.

You are a lowlife and once again out of your own mouth you have declared your rabbis to be FRAUDS and very CORRUPT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

If so, I can recommend a fine lawyer from the Illinois bar.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong or absurd in Greek, and those verses prove this.

In Greek soma means living body, while ptoma means corpse. Let me take Mark's verses and substituite the Greek words with their English meanings.

Mark 15:43-45
"Joseph went to take Jesus and asked for his body. After getting a surprising shock that he had died SO FAST, Pilate gave him permission to take his corpse.

As evident by those verses Joseph went to ask for the Nazarene's body and not corpse, because he thought the man was still alive, but he was shocked to know Jesus had died fast. Thus in the last verse is used the word corpse, that means dead body.

There is not problem with Greek language at all.

You proved that your mind is POOR and UNFIT to understand any language.
I agree with those, who have judged you sooo well, Colonna. Did you even read and understand my post at all.

Even our in-house ignorant fool Buford, could not spot two things, which you wrote.

First the extremely hilarious part written by you:

"Let me take Mark's verses and substituite the Greek words with their English meanings.

Mark 15:43-45
"Joseph went to take Jesus and asked for his body. After getting a surprising shock that he had died SO FAST, Pilate gave him permission to take his corpse."

Mark 15:43-45???

I wrote that and now you have made it Mark 15:43. You made my day. How nice it would have been if you had not butted in the post that I ahd addressed to Buford, the clueless.

However, I must thank you for saying this: "In Greek soma means living body, while ptoma means corpse"

Check out if Buford agrees with you!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Judahite, tell me, did Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish HISTORY, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATE the information or statistics in my quote?
Understand, these exchanges are saying OUR rabbis cannot be TRUSTED because they "CORRECT" or PERVERT truth and HISTORY.
see my post 2 minutes earlier

Stop wasting our time here. Stop with the cut and pastes. Read BOTH books. Then get back to me,.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter. I knew you didnt write it. But others might not be so familair with your style. Thats why the definition AS I PROVIDED IT UPON YOUR PERSONAL REQUEST says that you need to cite the actual SOURCE.
Didnt you ever write reports in school?
Frijoles---I knew you didnt write it.

HughBe--- Thank you.

Frijoles---But others might not be so familair with your STYLE

HughBe-- really? what style is that? tell me what they would take the quotation marks to mean.

Also, what is your understanding of quotation marks?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I say that you are an "ignorant fool."
Me? Na! Nyet! You are the ignorant fool, who nodded to Colonna for a very foolish post and failed to notice the blunder in his post to mr.

Read my latest post to Colonna.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
You may also be in violation of Copyright laws....
tell me more. I am listening.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
see my post 2 minutes earlier
Stop wasting our time here. Stop with the cut and pastes. Read BOTH books. Then get back to me,.
Again, did Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish HISTORY, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATE the information or statistics in my quote?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Correction, Buford

Should read:

Me? Na! Nyet! You are the ignorant fool, who nodded to Colonna for a very foolish post and failed to notice the blunder in his post to me.

Read my latest post to Colonna.

Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Excavation uncovers ancient Lapita 15 hr jestr 3
Tonga Was Once A Major Trading Hub, Artifacts Show 15 hr jestr 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) 22 hr husayn 178
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Sun fan of boru 2
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Jul 23 Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
•••
•••