Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,504

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157838 Jan 7, 2013
later and Eric cut the crap and answer/respond.

I am not done with the matter.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157839 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't DEFLECT, ANSWER.
Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?
Is their a teaching amongst the believers in Jesus as a member of the Triune about the Curse of Ham? Read Goldenberg's book.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157840 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
later and Eric cut the crap and answer/respond.
I am not done with the matter.
ooooo I am shaking in my boots.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157841 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Is their a teaching amongst the believers in Jesus as a member of the Triune about the Curse of Ham? Read Goldenberg's book.
Is Goldenberg a Christian? If not, using your consistent logic of the past he is NOT in a position to truly understand OUR scriptures and neither are YOU. He should let Christians explain it to him. In addition he should seek out the explanation from several denominations given that there are well over 30,000 DIFFERENT denominations in Christianity.

Now, very BASIC manners say that YOU should answer my questions which were asked BEFORE yours. Deception says that you should do as you are now doing.

Post 157811 my questions to you.

1.Were Jews involved in SLAVERY?

2.Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?

Post 157814 is where YOUR question is.

Where I live 157811 comes before 157814. I suspect that you at least know this but you have to resort to your training of DECEPTION.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157842 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
ooooo I am shaking in my boots.
I know and the confession is one of the few things that you say that are true.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157843 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes they do. They do not speak out against it. They tell the enslaved that they should obey their masters like a member of their Triune g-d. They fail to tell the masters that slavery is wrong. If they tell the slaves that they must obey their masters as G-d, what message is that sending to the masters about the correctness of their actions?
My first comment goes like this , nowhere in the NT does it PROMOTE the enslavement of people. The passages below do NOT contradict this assertion.

The one that you have responded to says this, the passages are NOT ADVOCATING slavery.Again, the passages below do NOT contradict this assertion.

I'm now saying to you that because you are NOT a native speaker of English the context and the language of the passages are going over your head and so are my words i.e NT does not PROMOTE the ENSLAVEMENT of people and the passages are NOT ADVOCATING slavery

Again, the passages are NOT ENCOURAGING people to ENSLAVE others they are speaking about the treatment of servants and their CONDUCT. Get help in understanding the passages and my words but not your brain-dead deceptive rabbis.

Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."

1 Timothy 6:1-3 "Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;"
Eric

Addison, IL

#157844 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My first comment goes like this , nowhere in the NT does it PROMOTE the enslavement of people. The passages below do NOT contradict this assertion.
The one that you have responded to says this, the passages are NOT ADVOCATING slavery.Again, the passages below do NOT contradict this assertion.
I'm now saying to you that because you are NOT a native speaker of English the context and the language of the passages are going over your head and so are my words i.e NT does not PROMOTE the ENSLAVEMENT of people and the passages are NOT ADVOCATING slavery
Again, the passages are NOT ENCOURAGING people to ENSLAVE others they are speaking about the treatment of servants and their CONDUCT. Get help in understanding the passages and my words but not your brain-dead deceptive rabbis.
Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."
Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."
1 Timothy 6:1-3 "Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;"
Cut the BS. If you don't advocate against it, you send the message that there is nothing wrong with it. If you tell the enslaved to obey their masters as G-d, you are telling the masters what they are doing is ok. If you send a slave back to his master, you are supporting the institution of slavery (btw, returning an escaped slave is contrary to the mitzvot).

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157845 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU my boy have called me "a fundamentalist Christian" BUT I have NEVER called myself that. Are YOU that "incapable of even that attempt of RESPECT" dear Judaite?
In the good old days FALSE messengers like you would have been STONED.
You are a Christian fundamentalist. You might not call yourself that, but your behavior is that of one.

Dont shoot the messenger.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157848 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
1.Are you aware that the word is translated as SERVANT 120 times in the KJV and only 6 times as bond and 1 time as bondman?
2. Jesus called his disciples SLAVES based on your argument.
"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you"
3. Would YOU be going to a FAR country and leave your SLAVES in charge of your affairs?
Jesus told such a story, recall the talents story.
Who decides whether the Greek word that is transliterated as "doulos" should be understood to mean "servant" as opposed to "slave?"
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157849 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Please CORRECT my errors below or desist with your nonsense.
Classic HughBe!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157850 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
3. Would YOU be going to a FAR country and leave your SLAVES in charge of your affairs?
Hell yes I would! Furthermore, I would expect my slaves to not only carry out my specific orders to the letter, but to even show clever initiative, so that when I returned and asked for an accounting of their stewardship, they could show that they had done above and beyond all that I had rightly expected of them. To these I would say, "Well done, thou good and faithful SLAVE."

You already know the rest of the story.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157851 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yes I would! Furthermore, I would expect my slaves to not only carry out my specific orders to the letter, but to even show clever initiative, so that when I returned and asked for an accounting of their stewardship, they could show that they had done above and beyond all that I had rightly expected of them. To these I would say, "Well done, thou good and faithful SLAVE."
chuckle
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157852 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Cut the BS. If you don't advocate against it, you send the message that there is nothing wrong with it. If you tell the enslaved to obey their masters as G-d, you are telling the masters what they are doing is ok. If you send a slave back to his master, you are supporting the institution of slavery (btw, returning an escaped slave is contrary to the mitzvot).
Again get help in understanding OUR scriptures.

I spoke about PROMOTING and ADVOCATING slavery and no honest/semi-intelligent person will say that the passages in question are doing either the first or the latter one.

It takes a special species like you to twist and to PROMOTE such BS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157853 Jan 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Christian fundamentalist. You might not call yourself that, but your behavior is that of one.
Dont shoot the messenger.
Once again, I have NEVER called myself that. Are YOU "incapable of even that attempt of RESPECT" dear Judaite?

Tell me this ass rump, do you understand my words above? Do you understand your own words, rumpy?

If you or anyone persist with the disrespect I shall give you your wages.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157854 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Who decides whether the Greek word that is transliterated as "doulos" should be understood to mean "servant" as opposed to "slave?"
1.The law of probability i.e. the word is translated as SERVANT 120 times in the KJV and only 6 times as bond and 1 time as bondman?

2. KJV translates it as SERVANT and not HughBe. "Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved"

3. The members of the Church tended to be POOR and so were NOT in a position to OWN slaves. Paul the Pharisee, did not live the life of luxury that he lived prior to accepting Jesus as his Messiah.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157855 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Would YOU be going to a FAR country and leave your SLAVES in charge of your affairs?

Buford---Hell yes I would!

HughBe--- There is no need for me to read beyond those opening words. You are indeed SPECIAL, my dear Buford.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157856 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic HughBe!
Here they are again.

Please CORRECT my errors below or desist with your nonsense.

1.Are you aware that the word is translated as SERVANT 120 times in the KJV and only 6 times as bond and 1 time as bondman?

2. Jesus called his disciples SLAVES based on your argument.

"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157857 Jan 7, 2013
Post 157735

HughBe---
1.Christians have done evil to others and to their fellow Christians.

2. Others who appear or make out themselves to be virgins have also done great evil. One example is their involvement in the African slave trade and the rape, oppression etc. of Africans and their descendants.

3. Let us FORGIVE and move on.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157858 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe---The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually all peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157860 Jan 7, 2013
Buford --Who decides whether the Greek word that is transliterated as "doulos" should be understood to mean "servant" as opposed to "slave?"

HughBe--1.The law of probability i.e. the word is translated as SERVANT 120 times in the KJV and only 6 times as bond and 1 time as bondman?

2. KJV translates it as SERVANT and not HughBe. "Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved"

3. The members of the Church tended to be POOR and so were NOT in a position to OWN slaves. Paul the Pharisee, did not live the life of luxury that he lived prior to accepting Jesus as his Messiah.

4. FINALLY and most importantly the NT does NOT support the enslavement of people and that is a FACT.

What it does is to speak to CONDUCT/relationship on both sides where slavery exists or master servant relationships exists. So even if you want to use SLAVE in your passage note what it says "Not now as a servant/SLAVE, but ABOVE a servant/SLAVE, a brother beloved"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Tue Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Tue iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web