Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,432)

Showing posts 148,621 - 148,640 of193,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Light; inconstant; worthless
which meaning you had in mind?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh if the converse was but true!
I would be lost
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
Are you aware that the word is translated as SERVANT 120 times in the KJV and only 6 times as bond and 1 time as bondman?
Slavery is NOT being promoted.
" For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?"
Believe whatever you like. The FACT of the matter is that for centuries Christians saw no problem at all with slavery and referred to Phileomon as justification.

Do you have a better explanation for it?
Eric

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
which meaning you had in mind?
all of them
Eric

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be lost
But then you would be found. You were lost but now you would be free!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Believe whatever you like. The FACT of the matter is that for centuries Christians saw no problem at all with slavery and referred to Phileomon as justification.
Do you have a better explanation for it?
They were either DECEIVED fools or CORRUPT men. Nowhere in the NT does it promote the enslavement of people.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is LIBERTY. Even in your passage LIBERTY is there. "thou shouldest receive him for ever;

16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved"

Was Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?

"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
But then you would be found. You were lost but now you would be free!
I don't desire to be free of TRUTH.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
all of them
All of them would not have been applicable.
Eric

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them would not have been applicable.
only in your mind
Eric

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

your "mind"; a vast wasteland.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
only in your mind
If you say so.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
They were either DECEIVED fools or CORRUPT men. Nowhere in the NT does it promote the enslavement of people.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is LIBERTY. Even in your passage LIBERTY is there. "thou shouldest receive him for ever;
16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved"
Was Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?
"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you"
Well, now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong and at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong and at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.
Hopefully, Jesus, Paul, Peter etc and the early Christians were not anti-Jewish given that they were Jews and that Christianity was known as a Jewish sect for centuries.

Hopefully, Judaites or members of Judaism are no longer anti-Christians and anti-Jews who believe in Jesus, the Jews, as the Judaites certainly got it wrong in persecuting the early Christians starting from the time of Jesus.

Finally, "thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them(Israel), and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Eric wrote:
your "mind"; a vast wasteland.
and your "mind" is a VAST WASTE product.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong and at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.
Please answer my question. Were Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Good night to everyone.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Good night to everyone.
Your questions will never be answered.

Good night, HughBe. Will write later.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Buford wrote:
A quick one, Buford

And after another century or two, it it will find itself totally wrong and would disband itself.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Help:I take it that in your mind scriptures are ONLY written as in your post above and as such I now say to you that you should take the English version and wipe you know where with it.
again, very weird response from someone who professes to honor the their scriptures and follows them.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.
Eric---The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself
HughBe--- How in the name of Jesus can YOU honestly make your first comment above when YOU know that I do not know Hebrew or any other language except English?
So instead you make toilet reference?

Eric is correct. You didnt desire an answer. You were looking for a response, aby response, so that you could move on with your preconceived argument.

Eric knew that. Not only was he correct, but he as being clever. Very clever.

Your response? "Wipe my butt?"???

Speaking of your studies into truth - How is that book I sent you the link to? Have you finished the first chapter yet? Do you know the aleph bet yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,621 - 148,640 of193,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Apr 21 Edgar Withit 29
Blackbeard's Booty Apr 18 Ed Teach 3
Sydney-Bali Apr 17 jeck 3
Serbia Experts Use Heavy Machinery to Move Mammoth Apr 13 sava 2
Ancient Egyptian coffin found in Israel Apr 13 Kyana McCoy 1
Five Simple WW II Archaeology Questions Apr 7 Yani Shapiro 1
Richard III revamp at Bosworth Battlefield whil... Apr 6 Charlie Goodbadger 1
•••
•••