Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 209,463

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157819 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Is there a teaching amongst the believers of Jesus as a member of the Triune about the Curse of Ham? Is there a teaching in Islam about the Curse of Ham? If so, why didn't you mention them by name?
Were Jews involved in SLAVERY?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157820 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Keep in mind that Hughbe is a fundamentalist Christian with limited ability to perform biblical exegesis,
HughBe--- If I were you I would focus on acquiring the ability to understand my own words. See below for an example of your LACK of understanding and RESPECT among other things.
Frijoles to another poster----"To begin with, call us Jews. Thats what WE CALL ourselves. Unless you are incapable of even that attempt of respect."
HughBe--- YOU my boy have called me "a fundamentalist Christian" BUT I have NEVER called myself that. Are YOU that "incapable of even that attempt of RESPECT" dear Judaite?
WE have had exchanges about me being called a Christian and from it even the simple knows that I don't call myself a Christian and to add FUNDAMENTALIST to it is nothing short of your typical MALICE.
Have some RESPECT for yourself and for others. You are not the only human and I am not a sub-human.
My dick is not big because I did anal and neither is yours small because of you doing anal it is small because of genes.
Your views (minus the sexual refernences) are in line with the views of Christian fundamentalists.

Dotn shoot the messenger
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157821 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now explain the role of the believers in Jesus as a member of the Triune in SLAVERY. As Buford explained, they relied for centuries on the writings of Paul, and also upon the Curse of Ham as interpretted from Genesis.
Did you ever read Goldenberg's "The Curse of Ham: Race and Slavery in Early Judaism, Christianity and Islam"? It explains it real well.
I have already explained the passage. Go study it. Nowhere in the passage does it ADVOCATE slavery.

Were Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?

Answer the questions but don't FAIL to deal with those that came first. I shall not give up on them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157823 Jan 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your views (minus the sexual refernences) are in line with the views of Christian fundamentalists.
Dotn shoot the messenger
YOU my boy have called me "a fundamentalist Christian" BUT I have NEVER called myself that. Are YOU that "incapable of even that attempt of RESPECT" dear Judaite?

In the good old days FALSE messengers like you would have been STONED.

Location hidden

#157824 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been addressed here already.

The word is aved.

http://ibiblestudies.com/auth/orr/hebrew_bond...
from a Christian site to boot!

of course you know all of this already - you can read English tranlations too.

Location hidden

#157825 Jan 7, 2013
From that site

The Mosaic law did not establish slavery - at most it accorded to it a very modified toleration. It accepted it as an existing usage, labouring to the utmost to reduce, and as far as that was practicable, to abolish, the cvils connected with it. It could not well do more, for slavery, under the then existing conditions of society, was in some form or other almost inevitable, and was often the only alternative to a worse evil. Yet the law in its entire spirit and fundamental doctrines was opposed to slavery.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157827 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe---They were either DECEIVED fools or CORRUPT men. Nowhere in the NT does it promote the enslavement of people.
Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."

1 Timothy 6:1-3 "Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157828 Jan 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been addressed here already.
The word is aved.
http://ibiblestudies.com/auth/orr/hebrew_bond...
from a Christian site to boot!
of course you know all of this already - you can read English tranlations too.
Would YES or NO take more time to write than your sermon above?
Eric

Addison, IL

#157829 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always have to try to deflect so that you don't have to answer the question posed? Why do you always try to answer a question with a question?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157830 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."
Colossians 4:1: "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven."
1 Timothy 6:1-3 "Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;"
Take your time to read OUR scriptures as they are going over your head. The passages are NOT ADVOCATING slavery.

Get help in understanding them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157831 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always have to try to deflect so that you don't have to answer the question posed? Why do you always try to answer a question with a question?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157832 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall not waste time, self-deceiver. My questions about Jews being involved in slavery etc. came long before the BS that you are asking. Are you that STUPID not to know this? YOU are deflecting, you dumb ass.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157833 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your time to read OUR scriptures as they are going over your head. The passages are NOT ADVOCATING slavery.
Get help in understanding them.
Oh yes they do. They do not speak out against it. They tell the enslaved that they should obey their masters like a member of their Triune g-d. They fail to tell the masters that slavery is wrong. If they tell the slaves that they must obey their masters as G-d, what message is that sending to the masters about the correctness of their actions?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157834 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the LAST part of my post i.e. The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually all peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.

Explain my words above.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157835 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Hugh, the ball is in your court. You get to reply to my question to you which preceded this question to me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157836 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't DEFLECT, ANSWER.

Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157837 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Hugh, the ball is in your court. You get to reply to my question to you which preceded this question to me.
Post 157811 my questions to you.

1.Were Jews involved in SLAVERY?

2.Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?

Post 157814 is where YOUR question is.

Where I live 157811 comes before 157814. I suspect that you at least know this but you have to resort to your training of DECEPTION.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157838 Jan 7, 2013
later and Eric cut the crap and answer/respond.

I am not done with the matter.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157839 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't DEFLECT, ANSWER.
Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?
Is their a teaching amongst the believers in Jesus as a member of the Triune about the Curse of Ham? Read Goldenberg's book.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157840 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
later and Eric cut the crap and answer/respond.
I am not done with the matter.
ooooo I am shaking in my boots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Discovered (Feb '13) Jan 25 Sambool Khan 14
Province set to buy Grace Islet; ends First Nat... Jan 21 Bob 1
Prehistoric sex toys are kind of hard to look at Jan 13 texastwostep 1
10 World's Oldest Things From Armenia Jan 12 Mary joe 42
Archaeology: New technologies reveal hidden sec... Jan 11 kirann 1
Ancient mummy prepared for public exhibition af... Jan 8 lol 2
Scientists Discover Ancient 'Magical' Amulet Wi... Jan 7 greek 9
More from around the web