Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,914

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Eric

Addison, IL

#157779 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be lost
But then you would be found. You were lost but now you would be free!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157780 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Believe whatever you like. The FACT of the matter is that for centuries Christians saw no problem at all with slavery and referred to Phileomon as justification.
Do you have a better explanation for it?
They were either DECEIVED fools or CORRUPT men. Nowhere in the NT does it promote the enslavement of people.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is LIBERTY. Even in your passage LIBERTY is there. "thou shouldest receive him for ever;

16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved"

Was Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?

"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157781 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
But then you would be found. You were lost but now you would be free!
I don't desire to be free of TRUTH.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157782 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
all of them
All of them would not have been applicable.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157783 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them would not have been applicable.
only in your mind
Eric

Addison, IL

#157784 Jan 6, 2013
your "mind"; a vast wasteland.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157785 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
only in your mind
If you say so.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157786 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
They were either DECEIVED fools or CORRUPT men. Nowhere in the NT does it promote the enslavement of people.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is LIBERTY. Even in your passage LIBERTY is there. "thou shouldest receive him for ever;
16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved"
Was Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?
"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you"
Well, now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong and at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157787 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong and at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.
Hopefully, Jesus, Paul, Peter etc and the early Christians were not anti-Jewish given that they were Jews and that Christianity was known as a Jewish sect for centuries.

Hopefully, Judaites or members of Judaism are no longer anti-Christians and anti-Jews who believe in Jesus, the Jews, as the Judaites certainly got it wrong in persecuting the early Christians starting from the time of Jesus.

Finally, "thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them(Israel), and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157788 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
your "mind"; a vast wasteland.
and your "mind" is a VAST WASTE product.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157789 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong and at the cost of MILLIONS of lives.
Please answer my question. Were Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157790 Jan 6, 2013
Good night to everyone.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#157791 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Good night to everyone.
Your questions will never be answered.

Good night, HughBe. Will write later.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#157792 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
A quick one, Buford

And after another century or two, it it will find itself totally wrong and would disband itself.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157795 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Help:I take it that in your mind scriptures are ONLY written as in your post above and as such I now say to you that you should take the English version and wipe you know where with it.
again, very weird response from someone who professes to honor the their scriptures and follows them.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157796 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.
Eric---The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself
HughBe--- How in the name of Jesus can YOU honestly make your first comment above when YOU know that I do not know Hebrew or any other language except English?
So instead you make toilet reference?

Eric is correct. You didnt desire an answer. You were looking for a response, aby response, so that you could move on with your preconceived argument.

Eric knew that. Not only was he correct, but he as being clever. Very clever.

Your response? "Wipe my butt?"???

Speaking of your studies into truth - How is that book I sent you the link to? Have you finished the first chapter yet? Do you know the aleph bet yet?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#157797 Jan 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey madass...stop cursing others.
Karma bites you in your back ....
rabbee: well all you gravy sucking, back biters can try.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157798 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer my question. Were Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?
No.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#157799 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
slavery in the Tanach,
Exodus 21:20 If a man bludgeon his slave with a rod, and he dies; he shall be surely punished.
21 Otherwise, if he continues to live afterward a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his possession.
ouch! that would be a gentile slave under his Jewish master
different sets of law apply to eved Ivri and eved Canaani,

a Hebrew slave is freed after 6 years, after his debts were paid off, or on Jubilee, whichever comes first
negative mitzvah #257: "We are forbidden from giving a Jewish slave degrading and humiliating work, as a Canaani slave would do" (Sefer ha-Mitzvot)
harsh treatment is forbidden toward fellow Hebrews (Lev 25:46),

in contrast, a Canaani slave is a permanent possession, freed only if maimed by his master (as a result of the daily beatings)(Exo 21:26, 25:44)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157800 Jan 7, 2013
Paul's Letter to Philemon, Greek Text Westcott-Hort, Interlinear English -
G.T.Emery
http://www.charism.info/greek/Philemon.pdf

vss. 15-16 Perhaps for because of this he departed for a time, so that eternally him you should receive, no longer as a slave but above a slave, a brother beloved, most of all to me, how great but more to you both in flesh and in Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amphipolis tomb mosaic depicts abduction of Per... Oct 25 -Persephone- 2
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Oct 18 Old Pom 5
History is boring Oct 18 llortraob 1
AMPHIPOLlS (upd) Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Oct 12 Barnsweb 101
Israeli archaeologists find inscriptions of Aus... Oct 11 Stan Dandyliver 5
Paleolithic relics unearthed at China's Nihewan... Oct 5 RayH 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE