Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,535

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157795 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Help:I take it that in your mind scriptures are ONLY written as in your post above and as such I now say to you that you should take the English version and wipe you know where with it.
again, very weird response from someone who professes to honor the their scriptures and follows them.

Location hidden

#157796 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.
Eric---The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself
HughBe--- How in the name of Jesus can YOU honestly make your first comment above when YOU know that I do not know Hebrew or any other language except English?
So instead you make toilet reference?

Eric is correct. You didnt desire an answer. You were looking for a response, aby response, so that you could move on with your preconceived argument.

Eric knew that. Not only was he correct, but he as being clever. Very clever.

Your response? "Wipe my butt?"???

Speaking of your studies into truth - How is that book I sent you the link to? Have you finished the first chapter yet? Do you know the aleph bet yet?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#157797 Jan 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey madass...stop cursing others.
Karma bites you in your back ....
rabbee: well all you gravy sucking, back biters can try.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157798 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer my question. Were Jesus' disciples His SLAVES?
No.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#157799 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
slavery in the Tanach,
Exodus 21:20 If a man bludgeon his slave with a rod, and he dies; he shall be surely punished.
21 Otherwise, if he continues to live afterward a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his possession.
ouch! that would be a gentile slave under his Jewish master
different sets of law apply to eved Ivri and eved Canaani,

a Hebrew slave is freed after 6 years, after his debts were paid off, or on Jubilee, whichever comes first
negative mitzvah #257: "We are forbidden from giving a Jewish slave degrading and humiliating work, as a Canaani slave would do" (Sefer ha-Mitzvot)
harsh treatment is forbidden toward fellow Hebrews (Lev 25:46),

in contrast, a Canaani slave is a permanent possession, freed only if maimed by his master (as a result of the daily beatings)(Exo 21:26, 25:44)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157800 Jan 7, 2013
Paul's Letter to Philemon, Greek Text Westcott-Hort, Interlinear English -
G.T.Emery
http://www.charism.info/greek/Philemon.pdf

vss. 15-16 Perhaps for because of this he departed for a time, so that eternally him you should receive, no longer as a slave but above a slave, a brother beloved, most of all to me, how great but more to you both in flesh and in Lord.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157801 Jan 7, 2013
Doulos
http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek...

Definition

a slave, bondman, man of servile condition

a slave metaph, one who gives himself up to another's will those whose service is used by Christ in extending and advancing his cause among men, devoted to another to the disregard of one's own interests

a servant, attendant

NAS Word Usage - Total: 141

bond-servant 11, bond-servants 12, bondslave 3, bondslaves 8, both men and women 8, servants 1, slave 58, slave's 1, slaves 39
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#157802 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
now you know why Christianity eventually found slavery repugnant, in the same way that it found anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant, after CENTURIES of getting it wrong
interesting take
why didn't Jesus, the apostles and church fathers find slavery and anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant? why must it happen eventually, after they were gone? by right, their version of Christianity should be the most ideal

because it was NOT Christianity that "found slavery and anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant"?
the eventual enlightenment came IN SPITE of Christianity
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157803 Jan 7, 2013
uhuh wrote:
interesting take
why didn't Jesus, the apostles and church fathers find slavery and anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant? why must it happen eventually, after they were gone? by right, their version of Christianity should be the most ideal
because it was NOT Christianity that "found slavery and anti-Jewish sentiment repugnant"?
the eventual enlightenment came IN SPITE of Christianity
Like Christianity, Judaism is also informed and changed by its surrounding culture, no? Maybe it was inevitable, but imo the worst thing that could have happened to Christianity was when it became the official religion of Rome.

Location hidden

#157804 Jan 7, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
ouch! that would be a gentile slave under his Jewish master
different sets of law apply to eved Ivri and eved Canaani,
a Hebrew slave is freed after 6 years, after his debts were paid off, or on Jubilee, whichever comes first
negative mitzvah #257: "We are forbidden from giving a Jewish slave degrading and humiliating work, as a Canaani slave would do" (Sefer ha-Mitzvot)
harsh treatment is forbidden toward fellow Hebrews (Lev 25:46),
in contrast, a Canaani slave is a permanent possession, freed only if maimed by his master (as a result of the daily beatings)(Exo 21:26, 25:44)
Keep in mind that Hughbe is a fundamentalist Christian with limited ability to perform biblical exegesis, and more significantly, he strongly does not believe in the interpretation and guidance of the sefer hamitzvot.
LOL

Manchester, UK

#157805 Jan 7, 2013
Bunch of brain washed pigs!

Religion is aload of crap
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157806 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/ religions/islam/history/slaver y_1.shtml
Excerpt:
The legality of slavery in Islam, together with the example of the Prophet Muhammad, who himself bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves, may explain why slavery persisted until the 19th century in many places (and later still in some countries). The impetus for the abolition of slavery came largely from colonial powers, although some Muslim thinkers argued strongly for abolition.
I can't help wondering if those Muslim thinkers who argued strongly THEN for abolition of slavery would TODAY be condemned as heretics and apostates and be subject to all manner of abuse and even death fatwas?
Buford---The legality of slavery in Islam, together with the example of the Prophet Muhammad, who himself bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves, may explain why slavery persisted until the 19th century in many places (and later still in some countries). The impetus for the abolition of slavery came largely from colonial powers, although some Muslim thinkers argued strongly for abolition.

HughBe--- The CORRUPT teaching,CURSE OF HAM, of rabbis or the gods of Judaism explains the role of Jews in SLAVERY.

Of course, I expect Frijoles and company to deny both the CURSE of HAM doctrine of the Talmud or rabbinic teachings as well as the involvement of Jews in slavery. I have learnt about their manner.

The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually all peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157807 Jan 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind that Hughbe is a fundamentalist Christian with limited ability to perform biblical exegesis, and more significantly, he strongly does not believe in the interpretation and guidance of the sefer hamitzvot.
Frijoles---Keep in mind that Hughbe is a fundamentalist Christian with limited ability to perform biblical exegesis,

HughBe--- If I were you I would focus on acquiring the ability to understand my own words. See below for an example of your LACK of understanding and RESPECT among other things.

Frijoles to another poster----"To begin with, call us Jews. Thats what WE CALL ourselves. Unless you are incapable of even that attempt of respect."

HughBe--- YOU my boy have called me "a fundamentalist Christian" BUT I have NEVER called myself that. Are YOU that "incapable of even that attempt of RESPECT" dear Judaite?

WE have had exchanges about me being called a Christian and from it even the simple knows that I don't call myself a Christian and to add FUNDAMENTALIST to it is nothing short of your typical MALICE.

Have some RESPECT for yourself and for others. You are not the only human and I am not a sub-human.

My dick is not big because I did anal and neither is yours small because of you doing anal it is small because of genes.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157808 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford---The legality of slavery in Islam, together with the example of the Prophet Muhammad, who himself bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves, may explain why slavery persisted until the 19th century in many places (and later still in some countries). The impetus for the abolition of slavery came largely from colonial powers, although some Muslim thinkers argued strongly for abolition.
HughBe--- The CORRUPT teaching,CURSE OF HAM, of rabbis or the gods of Judaism explains the role of Jews in SLAVERY.
Of course, I expect Frijoles and company to deny both the CURSE of HAM doctrine of the Talmud or rabbinic teachings as well as the involvement of Jews in slavery. I have learnt about their manner.
The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually all peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.
What's interesting here is that Bufford was not discussing the Jews (as he had already discussed them previously). Naturally Hugh had to deflect the discussion back to castigate the Jews as no discussion by Hugh would be complete without castigating the Jews. Note, however, that he fails to castigate the believers in Jesus as a member of the Triune by name.
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#157809 Jan 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
win a few,lose a few allah is a crack dealer
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157810 Jan 7, 2013
Buford wrote:
Paul's Letter to Philemon, Greek Text Westcott-Hort, Interlinear English -
G.T.Emery
http://www.charism.info/greek/Philemon.pdf
vss. 15-16 Perhaps for because of this he departed for a time, so that eternally him you should receive, no longer as a slave but above a slave, a brother beloved, most of all to me, how great but more to you both in flesh and in Lord.
Please CORRECT my errors below or desist with your nonsense.

1.Are you aware that the word is translated as SERVANT 120 times in the KJV and only 6 times as bond and 1 time as bondman?

2. Jesus called his disciples SLAVES based on your argument.

"Henceforth I call you not servants/DOULOS(or the same word that your translation calls SLAVE); for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you"

3. Would YOU be going to a FAR country and leave your SLAVES in charge of your affairs?

Jesus told such a story, recall the talents story.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157811 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What's interesting here is that Bufford was not discussing the Jews (as he had already discussed them previously). Naturally Hugh had to deflect the discussion back to castigate the Jews as no discussion by Hugh would be complete without castigating the Jews. Note, however, that he fails to castigate the believers in Jesus as a member of the Triune by name.
Expected response i.e. your TYPICAL LIE.

Were Jews involved in SLAVERY?

Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?

Did you read the LAST part of my post i.e. The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually all peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.

Explain my words above.

You have the mind of a CRIMINAL and you are EVIL and DECEPTIVE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157812 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no castigation of JEWS in my words below, BOY. The criticism is of a RELIGION called JUDAISM. I am sorry if you are uncomfortable with the FACTS of History.

The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually ALL peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157814 Jan 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Expected response i.e. your TYPICAL LIE.
Were Jews involved in SLAVERY?
Is there a teaching in Judaism about the Curse of Ham?
Did you read the LAST part of my post i.e. The fact is Slavery has been practiced by virtually all peoples of the world and there are no VIRGINS there are certainly DECEIVERS but no VIRGINS.
Explain my words above.
You have the mind of a CRIMINAL and you are EVIL and DECEPTIVE.
Is there a teaching amongst the believers of Jesus as a member of the Triune about the Curse of Ham? Is there a teaching in Islam about the Curse of Ham? If so, why didn't you mention them by name?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157815 Jan 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
My BOY, I know that you enjoyed and APPROVED of my CASTIGATION of Christians in the extract below. Do something new, try HONESTY.

Buford---The FACT of the matter is that for centuries Christians saw no problem at all with slavery and referred to Phileomon as justification.
Do you have a better explanation for it?

HughBe---They were either DECEIVED fools or CORRUPT men. Nowhere in the NT does it promote the enslavement of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web