Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,586

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
OhPleez

Chantilly, VA

#157232 Jan 2, 2013
And you know Allah is male because...
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157233 Jan 2, 2013
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS:

Chapters 82-83 "Years of the Jubilee...every 100 years."

In the year A.D. 1300 Pope Boniface VIII instituted the Jubilee as a centenary (100 year) event. Previously it occurred every 50 years.

Pope Clement VI reversed Boniface's decision and celebrated the next Jubilee in 1350. This was the only time that the Year of Jubilee was intended as a centenary occasion.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157234 Jan 2, 2013
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS:

Chapter 152 "Soldiers rolled out of the temple like casks of wood."

Wooden barrels were invented in Gaul (France) and were not used in the East in New Testament times. They used wineskins (Matthew 9:17).
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157235 Jan 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the Talmud has got that wrong, because the Last of Prophet has come and the world till its end shall need the sayings and actions of the last prophet.
But there are many things in your post with which I agree.
By needing the "sayings of the last prophet," do you mean that the world needs to follow his ORDERS?

"Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Qur'an:9:29

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:5

"When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle, smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam." Qur'an:47:4

I mean, will you be glad when all of the "unbelieving infidels" of the world will have been murdered by your fellow Mohammadans?
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157236 Jan 2, 2013
FROM THE GOSPEL OF BARNABAS (CHAPTER 20):

'Jesus went to the sea of Galilee, and having embarked in a ship sailed to his city of Nazareth; whereupon there was a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was nigh unto sinking.'

NAZARETH WASW ABOUT 20KM AWAY FROM THE LAKE.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157237 Jan 2, 2013
One of the "actions of the last prophet" was to commit adultery with the wife of his adopted son, who conveniently divorced her when he noticed that Mohammad wanted her, badly.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157238 Jan 2, 2013
I should add that BIBLICAL prophet Jesus frowned on adultery, but then, the "last prophet" abrogated all sorts of things that BIBLICAL prophet Jesus taught, which might be one reason why devout Muslims like Braindead and George have nothing good to say about him.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#157239 Jan 2, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose that in your circle of friends, you are regarded as the most brilliant...
No, I consider myself the least among all my brilliant friends. You are lucky that they are not writing here. ;)

bmz

Singapore

#157240 Jan 2, 2013
Buford wrote:
I should add that BIBLICAL prophet Jesus frowned on adultery, but then, the "last prophet" abrogated all sorts of things that BIBLICAL prophet Jesus taught, which might be one reason why devout Muslims like Braindead and George have nothing good to say about him.
The Last Prophet abrogated all what brother Jesus did not teach.

For example, our dear Prophet rejected and condemned the Trinity or the triune God and clarified that God has no son and neither God is the father of Jesus.

In fact, brother Jesus, the son of Mary and our dear Prophet are in agreement with the following:

Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said,‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Here, you can see brother Jesus talking about Hijab of eyes. In other words, lower your gaze and stop looking into the eyes of a woman. Jesus thus discouraged staring. And that is what Qur'aan instructs men and women to do.

Our dear brother Jesus said many good things and one can find those in Matthew 5-7 and his parables only. Most of the bulk was not uttered by Jesus.

The son of Mary was a good man and he taught well but after he was gone, the writers and men, who penned the New Testament and formed the Church respectively, PERVERTED his teachings.

bmz

Singapore

#157241 Jan 2, 2013
Buford wrote:
One of the "actions of the last prophet" was to commit adultery with the wife of his adopted son, who conveniently divorced her when he noticed that Mohammad wanted her, badly.
One can be accused of adultery, only when one screws a married woman, who is another's wife.

Zainab was a widow before she married Zayd.

Zayd was not a legally adopted son. The Prophet treated that slave as one loves a son. He was not even the Prophet's own slave.

After their marriage turned sour, Zayd divorced her.

The Prophet married her after their divorce.

So, there was no adultery committed.

The biblical Jesus was having fun with girls and women without even marrying them. You know jolly well that Jesus was maintained by women and was a man of women. The Church cleaned it up. So, you see a white-washed biblical Jesus.

Cheers

bmz

Singapore

#157242 Jan 2, 2013
jesus is wrote:
'Jesus went to the sea of Galilee, and having embarked in a ship sailed to his city of Nazareth; whereupon there was a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was nigh unto sinking.'
That story is a hoax. Never happened! That Jesus walked on water, is absurd!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157246 Jan 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
One can be accused of adultery, only when one screws a married woman, who is another's wife.
Zainab was a widow before she married Zayd.
Zayd was not a legally adopted son. The Prophet treated that slave as one loves a son. He was not even the Prophet's own slave.
After their marriage turned sour, Zayd divorced her.
The Prophet married her after their divorce.
So, there was no adultery committed.
The biblical Jesus was having fun with girls and women without even marrying them. You know jolly well that Jesus was maintained by women and was a man of women. The Church cleaned it up. So, you see a white-washed biblical Jesus.
Cheers
Fool of a Lying Muslim,

Matt 5:31 "It was said,'WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE'; 32 but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Wait, don't tell me. Let me guess.

Mohammad abrogated this prohibition on marrying a divorced woman because Jesus never taught it, or Zanaib was unchaste which is why Zaid divorced her, right?

As for your charge that Jesus was a fornicator, not even your adulterous "prophet" believed that about him.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157247 Jan 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
Fool of a Lying Muslim,

You know this for a FACT because you were there.

Also, Mohammad did in FACT fly an invisible human/horse looking creature to heaven and back, while never physically leaving his bed. We know this is true because it's in the Qur'an!

Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

—Qur'an, sura 17 (Al-Isra), ayah 1

Then he [Gabriel] brought the Buraq, handsome-faced and bridled, a tall, white beast, bigger than the donkey but smaller than the mule. He could place his hooves at the farthest boundary of his gaze. He had long ears. Whenever he faced a mountain his hind legs would extend, and whenever he went downhill his front legs would extend. He had two wings on his thighs which lent strength to his legs. He bucked when Muhammad came to mount him. The angel Jibril (Gabriel) put his hand on his mane and said: "Are you not ashamed, O Buraq? By Allah, no-one has ridden you in all creation more dear to Allah than he is." Hearing this he was so ashamed that he sweated until he became soaked, and he stood still so that the Prophet mounted him.

-Muhammad al-Alawi al-Maliki

Here's what the Buraq looks like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Alex123 aka WM

Ilford, UK

#157248 Jan 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it absurd? Allah (pbuh) can do anything he wishes to, like when he given a son mother Mary by his will. Without god doing this, anything will be a hoax.
Alex123 aka WM

Ilford, UK

#157249 Jan 3, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Fool of a Lying Muslim,
Also, Mohammad did in FACT fly an invisible human/horse looking creature to heaven and back, while never physically leaving his bed. We know this is true because it's in the Qur'an!
Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).
Then he [Gabriel] brought the Buraq, handsome-faced and bridled, a tall, white beast, bigger than the donkey but smaller than the mule. He could place his hooves at the farthest boundary of his gaze. He had long ears. Whenever he faced a mountain his hind legs would extend, and whenever he went downhill his front legs would extend. He had two wings on his thighs which lent strength to his legs. He bucked when Muhammad came to mount him. The angel Jibril (Gabriel) put his hand on his mane and said: "Are you not ashamed, O Buraq? By Allah, no-one has ridden you in all creation more dear to Allah than he is." Hearing this he was so ashamed that he sweated until he became soaked, and he stood still so that the Prophet mounted him.
Here's what the Buraq looks like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Hey non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturd lick)ford still think about my phallus? lol
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#157250 Jan 3, 2013
jesus is wrote:
You never heard of taxis?

bmz

Singapore

#157251 Jan 3, 2013
Buford wrote:
Matt 5:31 "It was said,'WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE'; 32 but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Wait, don't tell me. Let me guess.
Mohammad abrogated this prohibition on marrying a divorced woman because Jesus never taught it, or Zanaib was unchaste which is why Zaid divorced her, right?
As for your charge that Jesus was a fornicator, not even your adulterous "prophet" believed that about him.
Ignorant and clueless fool!

I never lie! Jesus was not living among Arabs. He would not have lasted 24 hours there. Even paul ran away from Arabia after he went in.

I quoted Matthew 5:27-28 and showed you the Hijab of eyes, commanded by Jesus!!!

27 “You have heard that it was said,‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

bmz

Singapore

#157252 Jan 3, 2013
Buford wrote:

Hello, ignorant mischievous fool,

Qur'aan does not say that Muhammad rode Buraq.

M-al-Alawi al-Maliki is an ignorant fool. Some Muslims like him believe absurd stories, just as the Christians believe in the absurd stories of the gospels.

That Jesus walked on water, is absurd! And that Muhammad rode Buraq, is also absurd.
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#157253 Jan 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a defeatist attitude and a defeatist answer.
You have already proved to me that you have not read 'sooooo many' books on Islam.
I do not have to rely on anything. The point is that all polemicists including your goodself are ignorant fools, who think that the history of Islam was written by three bloody fools only, namely the trinity of Ibn Asshaq-Hisham-Waqidi, who wrote their scraps and rubbish 130 plus years after the Prophet had passed away and think that there was no one else who wrote. That is idiotic.
All anti-Islam folks and polemicists only talk through that junk and stuff of the three stooges.
Sometime ago, you had told me that you have a copy of the book by Ibn Ishaq. Right? There is no copy of any book by Ibn Ishaq. It does not exist.
Anyway, my point still is that you need to do more search in order to find out the names of folks, who wrote before those three bloody fools and what they wrote is still preserved.
Your comments also tell me that you have not even read the entire book written by the William Muir, the crudest polemicist, who wrote on the prophet and Islam and never realized how utterly absurd were his own Bible and his own religion Christianity.
If you had read so well as you claim, you would have known that. I don't believe that you are that well-read.
That's correct, I have read many books on Islam and bios on Mo and Muir happens to be only one of them. What has Muir written that others have not?

You on the other hand is a bull&hit artist par excellence, telling me that there are pre-Ishaq bios on Mo but refusing to release names and authors. The problem is that there is none. You have no names, no authors, nothing. You are lying when you tell me you have sources that pre-date Ishaq? And why would you believe those sources when you revile all material outside the Koran?

Ishaq's book was later completed by his student Hisham, this is old news, so lets not go there. However, for a moment let us agree that Ishaq/Hisham were both liars, what makes you so sure that the imaginary works that pre-date them are all true? A billion Mohammadans dont even know where the orignal copy of the Koran is.

bmz

Singapore

#157254 Jan 3, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it absurd? Allah (pbuh) can do anything he wishes to, like when he given a son mother Mary by his will. Without god doing this, anything will be a hoax.
Hello, Impostor

No Muslim will write pbuh after Allah's name.

It is absurd because Jesus was heavier than water. He would have sunk straight away.

Technically speaking, a body has to displace more water to be able to float. The soles cannot displace that kind of volume.

God can also give a baby to a cow also but God wouldn't be called the father of the calf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web