Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
148,041 - 148,060 of 201,231 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
Qur'an 33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
Idiot...READ and understand the Old Testament!!
That is EXACTLY what is mentioned in there!

Do you know why Jesus insulted the non-gentiles?

Are you suggesting that these are lies??
This is on the topic of Jesus and Jews....
Jewish Religious Leaders Accuse Jesus Of Being Demon Possessed!(After He Tells Them That The Devil Was Their Father!)
There is a very interesting and captivating passage of scripture in the Bible where Jesus was in a confrontation with the religious Jewish leaders who rejected Him. Jesus was basically telling them that God could not possibly be their Father if they rejected him, whom the Father had sent!
Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, IF GOD WERE YOUR FATHER, ye would love ME: for I proceeded forth and CAME FROM GOD; neither came I of myself, but HE SENT ME. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.(John 8:41-43)
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Arabs used to give their children names such as—Abdullah (slave of Allah). Clean proof was the fact that, Muhammad’s father’s name was “Abdullah”. Logical analogy here is—had there been no “Allah” in pre-Islamic Arab, there could be no Abdullah or slave of Allah in Arabia.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
Arabs used to give their children names such as—Abdullah (slave of Allah). Clean proof was the fact that, Muhammad’s father’s name was “Abdullah”. Logical analogy here is—had there been no “Allah” in pre-Islamic Arab, there could be no Abdullah or slave of Allah in Arabia.
You have finally got it!!!
Allah has always been there..Allah created us.
Different groups of people tried to "own" Allah as their God making their own sets of rules.... like the non-gentiles claim that God loves only them.
Just because some idiots call a statue Allah does not mean that is Allah.

Just because some people decide to call a naked man on a pole "Yhwh in human form" does not make him Yhwh!!!

Thanks to Islam Allah owns us not the other way around...
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

lololol ..ok
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey non-gentile..bu(tteredbuttturd lick)ford...not many Christians agree with your rubbish!
Do you know the best way to mend relationship with non-gentiles?
Help them get rid of the Gospels.....they are doing it covertly...if you help them, they can do it overtly.
What the hell do you know aout Christianity you fool.
The inner sanctum knows what non-gentiles are doing.
They are taking their time to drop the non-gentiles from a great height...
You know nothing...buttboy..you are just a paid agent..
And you are an ex-priest with a PHALLUS obsession who also despises "non-gentiles."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>And you are an ex-priest with a PHALLUS obsession who also despises "non-gentiles."
I have never mentioned that word all today and you have been the poor person who has been obsessing with it!
You are a gullible village idiot.

Hey non-gentile..bu(tteredbuttturd lick)ford...not many Christians agree with your rubbish!
Do you know the best way to mend relationship with non-gentiles?
Help them get rid of the Gospels.....they are doing it covertly...if you help them, they can do it overtly.
What the hell do you know aout Christianity you fool.
The inner sanctum knows what non-gentiles are doing.
They are taking their time to drop the non-gentiles from a great height...
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree that all non-gentiles who practice "judaism" reject Jesus as even a mini prophet sent for them?
Why do they hate him?
Is it because his arrival caused the later "near" destruction of the Jewish race in the hands of loving Christians like bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford?
Just say the word.

Jew.

Who else practices Judaism?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do non-gentiles hate him?
Are you suggesting that these are lies??
This is on the topic of Jesus and Jews....
Jewish Religious Leaders Accuse Jesus Of Being Demon Possessed!(After He Tells Them That The Devil Was Their Father!)
There is a very interesting and captivating passage of scripture in the Bible where Jesus was in a confrontation with the religious Jewish leaders who rejected Him. Jesus was basically telling them that God could not possibly be their Father if they rejected him, whom the Father had sent!
Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, IF GOD WERE YOUR FATHER, ye would love ME: for I proceeded forth and CAME FROM GOD; neither came I of myself, but HE SENT ME. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.(John 8:41-43)
What is especially sad about your psychotic rant are the two sets of posters who judged it favorably.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Antisemitism is what is being practised in palestine against the Arabs by european converts to non-gentile form of life to suit themselves..
Antisemitism is another con word to confuse the clueless european gentile.
When you insult Arabs, you are being AntiSemitic.
That word cannot be hijacked by the non-gentiles..
When will they stop hijacking?
They hijack God and now they hijack words..
Whatever

Alex, take your meds
zulaika

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Allah is HA-SHEM. The god of the jewish people
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all.
That is not my problem. It is your problem and the problem of those ignorant fools, who tell the world that there is no history on the Prophet, prior to that written by the idiot Ibn Ishaq.
You are on record for asserting that silly notion and keep on repeating that the history came only from an idiot who completed his work 130 years after the Prophet had passed away. Ibn Ishaq was a story-teller, not a scholar of Islam.
And you asked me a very silly question: "Why do you believe earlier sources and not Ishaq?"
How can I believe that fool, who just wrote unsubstantiated stories about creation, the battles, plagiarized Christian biblical stories to create his own stories, and quotes Ali, Hasan and others but not Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman, etc.? Was he an early Shia?
His Seerah is not comprised of a single story based on facts which are verifiable through documents. Even your beloved scholar Patricia Crone completely rejects the Seerah as a
source for historical information for this reason. Even Robert Spencer considers his extremely work hagiographical like Christians.
Now, have you found the names of other writers who were there long before him? Why don't you believe in other sources, who wrote before him?
I have absolutely no clue as to who wrote biographies on Mo prior to Ishaq. However, lets for a minute agree that Ishaq was a liar, why then would you believe those imaginary pre-Ishaq scholars of yours since you reject everything outside the Koran?

How can you verify that what they have written is true?

I am still waiting for you to provide names & books of those illusionary scholars of yours. I bet you have none.

Looking forward to your response.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
I know that you are an ex-priest with a PHALLUS obsession and a sneering contempt for "non-gentiles" who may or may not hate "biblical Jesus" even more than you do.

You are one sick puppy.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile...

Outrage After Google Image Reveals Star of David on Roof of Iran Airport
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/star-david-r...

By KI MAE HEUSSNER and NED POTTER
12/2/10, 7:12 PM EST

Iranian officials reportedly are outraged after learning that a Google Earth satellite image revealed a star of David emblazoned atop the roof of the Tehran airport.

According to Arabic language news outlet Al Arabiya, national leaders called for the immediate removal of the Zionist symbol after it was discovered on top of the main building of Iran Air.

Although Israel and Iran broke ties more than 30 years ago, Al Arabiya reported that the Iran Air building was built by Israeli engineers before the Islamic Revolution in 1979. Citing local reports, it also said that not only did the Iranian government hire Israeli engineers to build the airliner's headquarters, it also scheduled regular flights between the two countries.

Here's the pic: http://a.abcnews.com/images/Technology/ht_ira...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I know that you are an ex-priest with a PHALLUS obsession and a sneering contempt for "non-gentiles" who may or may not hate "biblical Jesus" even more than you do.
You are one sick puppy.
I agree with you, this freak has a phallic obsession .
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

zulaika wrote:
Allah is HA-SHEM. The god of the jewish people
rabbee: certainly not the all-h, these alleged as people allegedly worship.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
Meanwhile...
Outrage After Google Image Reveals Star of David on Roof of Iran Airport
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/star-david-r...
By KI MAE HEUSSNER and NED POTTER
12/2/10, 7:12 PM EST
Iranian officials reportedly are outraged after learning that a Google Earth satellite image revealed a star of David emblazoned atop the roof of the Tehran airport.
According to Arabic language news outlet Al Arabiya, national leaders called for the immediate removal of the Zionist symbol after it was discovered on top of the main building of Iran Air.
Although Israel and Iran broke ties more than 30 years ago, Al Arabiya reported that the Iran Air building was built by Israeli engineers before the Islamic Revolution in 1979. Citing local reports, it also said that not only did the Iranian government hire Israeli engineers to build the airliner's headquarters, it also scheduled regular flights between the two countries.
Here's the pic: http://a.abcnews.com/images/Technology/ht_ira...
Thank you for the news. Please let us know when the star has been removed.

The Israelis did not divide Iran's garments and did not cast any lot. It was a contract to build, so there was no looting and dividing of Iranian garments.

No one lost his pants.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I have absolutely no clue as to who wrote biographies on Mo prior to Ishaq. However, lets for a minute agree that Ishaq was a liar, why then would you believe those imaginary pre-Ishaq scholars of yours since you reject everything outside the Koran?
How can you verify that what they have written is true?
I am still waiting for you to provide names & books of those illusionary scholars of yours. I bet you have none.
Looking forward to your response.
I have the names and I have already told you that I will not give the names.

I want you to do some research. My point was that the history of Islam and the Prophet did not come only from Ibn Asshaq 130 years later, as suggested by you.

It is so silly to suggest that. Go and study.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The Life of Muhammad:
An Inconvenient Truth
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/histo...

Timeline of Muhammad's Life (A.D)

570 - Born in Mecca
576 - Orphaned upon death of mother
595 - Marries Kadijah - older, wealthy widow
610 - Reports first revelations from angel at age of 40
619 - Protector uncle dies
622 - Emigrates from Mecca to Medina (the Hijra)
623 - Orders raids on Meccan caravans
624 - Battle of Badr (victory)
624 - Evicts Qaynuqa Jews from Medina
624 - Orders the assassination of Abu Afak
624 - Orders the assassination of Asma bint Marwan
624 - Orders the assassination of Ka'b al-Ashraf
625 - Battle of Uhud (defeat)
625 - Evicts Nadir Jews
627 - Battle of the Trench (victory)
627 - Massacre of the Qurayza Jews
628 - Signing of the Treaty of Hudaibiya with Mecca
628 - Destruction and subjugation of the Khaybar Jews
629 - Orders first raid into Christian lands at Muta (defeat)
630 - Conquers Mecca by surprise (along with other tribes)
631 - Leads second raid into Christian territory at Tabuk (no battle)
632 - Dies

What if a man you knew began telling people that God was routinely speaking to him and only him - and that the "revelations" he claimed to be receiving were mostly about him and his relative importance to all other people? Say, for example, that this self-proclaimed prophet insisted that God had declared him to be the 'perfect example' for mankind and that others were therefore to accord him with special privilege, unwavering obedience, wealth and earthly desires, including all of the slaves and women that his lust could handle.

Such figures still arise from time to time. Some of the more dynamic manage to develop a small group of followers so taken with their leader's self assurance that they willingly offer their own children to him for "marriage" or even kill on his behalf if requested.

Would it really validate the message of any such cult leader if his followers did successfully kill and seize the property of anyone who dared disagree? What if they gradually expanded their power and numbers in such fashion that eventually they were enough to be recognized as a major world religion? Would that make the cult leader's claims about himself true? Would it really change the fact that what they believe ultimately sprang from the imagination of a narcissist?

In 610, an Arab salesman with a commanding personality attracted a small cult of credulous fanatics by claiming to be a prophet. Though his "revelations" were self-referential and occasionally contradicting, he was successful in manipulating his followers with promises of heavenly reward and threat of divine wrath. The god heard only by him told them to lie and steal for him, to give their children to him for sexual pleasure and, eventually, to gruesomely murder his detractors.

There are two ways to approach a study of Muhammad. One is with reverence and the other is with skepticism. Thinking persons choose they latter. They are not influenced by the number of Muslim believers in the world today or by their force of belief because these are meaningless for determining truth. They care only about fact.
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
I like Nathanels idea - its particularism - the idea would be that Islam is for the Arabs only, and leave the rest of us the F alone.
It also allows for other religions - with the same caveat.
nah, Nethanel was rather the exception, he was inclined toward karaites
the rabbanite view is that there was, and will be no prophets coming from gentiles, YHWH forbids

"Job could not have been a gentile prophet. How could the shechinah rest upon a gentile seeing that Moses prayed that it should not rest upon them, and God granted his request as Scripture says 'We have been distinguished -I and Thy people- from all the people who are on the face of the earth'(Exo 33:16)" (Baba Bathra 15b)
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally, Jew hater that I am, I prefer Maimonides to Nathanel, even though Maimonides thought that Jesus was insane.
Maimonides called Muhammad a meshuggah, that's it
but he said much more of Jesus (because Jews don't think much of him? lol)

"In the case of Jewish moserim, minim and apikorsim, it is a mitzvah to kill them with our own hands for they distress Israel and prevent the people from going in the way of the Lord [such as Yeshua ha-Notzri and his followers and Tzadok and Baytus and their followers (Sadducees and Boethusians)-may the name of the wicked rot]" (MT, Hilchot Avodah Kochavim 10:1)[...] only in manuscripts, not to be found in printed copies

here he called Jesus a Jewish moser (traitor), min (apostate), and apikoros (heretic)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Wed MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Wed MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Tue interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
Greek mound excavators: No tours please, too busy Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••