Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,611

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#157111 Jan 1, 2013
G-D has never called anybody, by the name jesus christ. so what does this, arrogant, vain and rebellious world do? but fantasize they are not here in ThisStory of Creation. and insult G-D here in TheTorah, by calling Yeshooah Adam jesus christ. and with all kinds of abominable alterations, that are not really true actually here in TheStory of Creation just again.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157112 Jan 1, 2013
George,

Were you defrocked?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#157113 Jan 1, 2013
this world and their grandmother, have always rejected G-D'S Accounting here in ThisStory actually Happening. and have always, believed every thing the devil has to say. that is not really true, here in TheTorah Happening agains'es.

and for what reason does, HaShem G-D give for always the deluvian? that the world has never, even considered being here in TheTorah, HaShem G-D has always actually been giving. and that all your idolatry is good for, is to drown your grandchildren. so now everyone one earth, except adam is plotting the murder of all their grandchildren with idol lies.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157114 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Later views
Very few texts in Judaism refer to or take note of Muhammad. Those that do reject Muhammad's self-proclamation of receiving divine revelations from God and label him instead as a false prophet.
Background
In Judaism, prophets were seen as having attained the highest degree of holiness, scholarship, and closeness to God and set the standards for human perfection. The Talmud reports that there were more than a million prophets, but most of the prophets conveyed messages that were intended solely for their own generation and were not reported in Scripture. The Talmud reports that there were prophets among the gentiles (most notably Balaam, whose story is told in Numbers 22, and Job, who is considered a non-Jew by most rabbinical opinions). The prophet Jonah was sent on a mission to speak to the gentiles of the city of Nineveh.
References to Muhammad
Maimonides referred to Muhammad as a false prophet and an insane man. In his Epistle to Yemen he wrote "After [Jesus] arose the Madman who emulated his precursor [Jesus], since he paved the way for him. But he added the further objective of procuring rule and submission [talb al-mulk; pursuit of sovereignty] and he invented what is well known [Islam]."[1]
In his authoritative work of law the Mishneh Torah (Hilkhot Melakhim 11:10–12), Maimonides indicated that nevertheless Muhammad was part of God's plan of preparing the world for the coming of the Jewish Messiah: "All those words of Jesus of Nazareth and of this Ishmaelite [i.e., Muhammad] who arose after him are only to make straight the path for the messianic king and to prepare the whole world to serve the Lord together. As it is said:'For then I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech so that all of them shall call on the name of the Lord and serve him with one accord'(Zephaniah 3:9)."[2]
Naturally, Jew hater that I am, I prefer Maimonides to Nathanel, even though Maimonides thought that Jesus was insane.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#157115 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks!
From the first link:
There are several Jewish perspectives on this psalm, all of which agree that King David composed it and is the “voice” throughout, and that it is historical, not messianic. However, they differ on the particulars. The view that is the most consistent with the plain reading of this psalm holds that it is David’s own personal story, in which he describes his own pain, anguish, and longing during those times when he was a fugitive from his enemies, believing that, at times, God had not heeded his pleas for intervention. He pleads with God to come to his aid since his persecutors are relentlessly pursuing him in their zeal to dispossess him of his kingdom and mantle of royalty.

Hmm, being dispossessed of the "mantle of royalty" is expressed as "casting lots" for his vesture?
I dont get where mantle of royalty (literally) comes from.

"They part my garments among them, and for my vesture do they cast lots"

literally it says (my translation) "for the clothes that enclose me they cast lots.."
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#157116 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally, Jew hater that I am, I prefer Maimonides to Nathanel, even though Maimonides thought that Jesus was insane.
I like Nathanels idea - its particularism - the idea would be that Islam is for the Arabs only, and leave the rest of us the F alone.

It also allows for other religions - with the same caveat.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157117 Jan 1, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:

I would love to visit your "church" incognito and make you kneel down in front of me...

Phallus Phace the Dominatrix.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157118 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
I like Nathanels idea - its particularism - the idea would be that Islam is for the Arabs only, and leave the rest of us the F alone.
It also allows for other religions - with the same caveat.
This is why I prefer Maimonides the realist, because Mohammad would simply NOT "leave the rest of us the F alone." How could he? His mandate was LARGE; it encompassed ALL the worlds!!!

Granted, Mohammad preferred Christians to Jews, but that didn't stop his soldiers from sacking "unbelieving" Constantinople, murdering the men, and enslaving the surviving women and children. It is why the Hagia Sophia is now a Turkish museum instead of an Orthodox Cathedral.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157119 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
I dont get where mantle of royalty (literally) comes from.
"They part my garments among them, and for my vesture do they cast lots"
literally it says (my translation) "for the clothes that enclose me they cast lots.."
Was David ever in such a predicament?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#157120 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Was David ever in such a predicament?
I assume he was in his warrior mode - he would be wearing military gear not royal gear. Plus, when I think of royal gear, I think of white European kings, not tribal warrior chiefs of the desert hills.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#157121 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>This is why I prefer Maimonides the realist, because Mohammad would simply NOT "leave the rest of us the F alone." How could he? His mandate was LARGE; it encompassed ALL the worlds!!!

Granted, Mohammad preferred Christians to Jews, but that didn't stop his soldiers from sacking "unbelieving" Constantinople, murdering the men, and enslaving the surviving women and children. It is why the Hagia Sophia is now a Turkish museum instead of an Orthodox Cathedral.
Interesting point.

My take on the Yemenite would be that he acceped the notion of Mohammed the (misunderstood and misapplied) prophet but not the legitimacy of the details of the koran.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157122 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He has rememerged twice brielfly on the other forum I frequent. The first time a few weeks ago he announced he was ready for a new round of postings, then posted a single post about evil Jews, and then disappeared. Then a few days ago he posted again, a single post as a reply to a conversation about Zionism, and then poofed.
So I think he is around, but someone, hopefully a caseworker, has him on a short leash.
and non gentile defender rushes to defend Muslims when buttlicker posts his vile stuff?
two faced...thats what non-gentiles turn out to be.
games up...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157123 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Was David ever in such a predicament?
was david a product of...incest? or
was his lineage shadowed and shameful: his father descended from Moab, a product of incest between Lot and his daughter after Sodom's destruction, down through Ruth, a Moabite convert of convenience.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157124 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course, you LOVE Jews...
But of course, you LOVE Muslims....that's why you ask all non-gentiles who claim that they are atheists to leave palestine..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157126 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He has rememerged twice brielfly on the other forum I frequent. The first time a few weeks ago he announced he was ready for a new round of postings, then posted a single post about evil Jews, and then disappeared. Then a few days ago he posted again, a single post as a reply to a conversation about Zionism, and then poofed.
So I think he is around, but someone, hopefully a caseworker, has him on a short leash.
Does non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford realise that you hate Jesus and reject his mangod?
Was Jesus a false prophet?
yes or no?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157127 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Phallus Phace,
My! How you DO like repeating yourself!
For the "international readers": Last year I e-mailed the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston (my home Diocese) to express my thanks that the RCC was trying to mend relations with the Jews, but also to ask why it had taken so long for the RCC to begin to understand what Jesus had taught about human relations.
In short, you're a liar.
Hey non-gentile..bu(tteredbuttturd lick)ford...not many Christians agree with your rubbish!

Do you know the best way to mend relationship with non-gentiles?
Help them get rid of the Gospels.....they are doing it covertly...if you help them, they can do it overtly.

What the hell do you know aout Christianity you fool.

The inner sanctum knows what non-gentiles are doing.
They are taking their time to drop the non-gentiles from a great height...

You know nothing...buttboy..you are just a paid agent..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157128 Jan 1, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Phallus Phace,
Your "prophet" had no problem with Jesus or Mary, six centuries removed. His problem was with those Jews who rejected HIM to his face as a demonstrably false prophet.
buttboy...just because you are a clueless uneducated woodglue sniffer does not mean that we can forget Christian persecution and destruction of the JEWISH race over 1800 years as CHRIST KILLERS...

This would never have happened if the idiots accepted Quran that gives the non-gentiles a "get out of gas chamber" card.
Stop pumping lies you fool...

READ the Jewish books!!
They have turned ONE GOD into their OWN slave god....
You simply have no wisdom....
Islam gives DIRECT access to the ONE TRUE GOD, by ANY human irrespective of their race colour or nationality.
Buttboy...your fake claims about the Holy Prophet makes even less sense with your "gospels" that CLEARLY accuse JEWS of the MURDER of your mangod!
Your lovely "john" is doing a great job insulting the JEWS as CHRIST KILLERS.
Dumb buttboy...
If the HOLY PROPHET hated the JEWS, he would NEVER claim that Jesus the JEW was a good man of God and his JEWISH Mother Mary was a pure woman.
If the HOLY PROPHET hated the JEWS, he would have joined biogts like you and branded JEWS as CHRIST KILLERS.
You are dismissed...you are an insignificant ignorant glue sniffer...
I would love to visit your "church" incognito and make you kneel down in front of me...
I may do it one day because you will never know that I am a Muslim!
Rock on..buttboy..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157129 Jan 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Later views
Very few texts in Judaism refer to or take note of Muhammad. Those that do reject Muhammad's self-proclamation of receiving divine revelations from God and label him instead as a false prophet.
Exactly what is expected of non-gentiles!!
They humiliated Jesus...stripped him naked..broke his bones..and stuck him on a pole to die as a condemned false prophet!
If they can do this to their own man...why should they accept a semite from Arabia?
Do non-gentiles accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah or even a prophet?
yes or no?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157130 Jan 1, 2013
Non gentiles write their own books giving themselves all the rights...come up with a pack of lies to turn God into a slave god who favours only them!
Then the non-gentiles have the cheek to judge true believers using their pack of lies..
What a joke!!
Times up for liars..Jesus shall return.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#157131 Jan 1, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Does non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford realise that you hate Jesus and reject his mangod?
Was Jesus a false prophet?
yes or no?
Actually, Buford is keenly aware of my position. Acceptance, as I understand it, is a Christian term. Therefore it has no meaning to me. I dont reject Jesus, rather I dont think about Jesus. He has no meaning in my system.

Personally I have no reason not to think that there are many prophets out there, each with their message particular to their group. Prophecy has nothing to do with messianism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web