Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256013 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156364 Dec 19, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of them or you are stuck inside your flying saucer?
lol
rabbee: what does scripture say, about me here in IT? does it not specificly say, i was caught up in it for a while too? but that i got better, after the second visit with me an G-D.

so far all you have done, is prove to me. is that you do not believe, in TheSame G-D as i do. and that you never believed G-D, here in This Story of Creation actually in TheHappening now. cause you have some wild delusion, that G-D has never given this story before and not even now here in IT.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156365 Dec 19, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
What did God look like?
rabbee: like a glowing overlay of HE/SHE, as THEIR Arms seperated, so SHE could hold me, while HE Spoke to me in the first encounter.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#156366 Dec 19, 2012
Buford wrote:
Jesus called God FATHER.
Deal with it, "mr. idiotlor."
So what?

Everybody, back then, called God, "The Father", but nobody called God, his/her father.

Jesus did not call God "My father". Right?

God was also the FATHER of Mary Magdalene and the disciples. Right?

Hope this ends the jugglery of Father and father.

bmz

Location hidden

#156367 Dec 19, 2012
@ NQ

Thanks a million for your kind message.

Glad to see you back, NQ. You were missed. I was actually worried about you.

Hope all is well at home and you are fine.

God's blessings be upon you. Ameen

bmz

Location hidden

#156368 Dec 19, 2012
Buford wrote:
Put another way, George, do you speak for God?
Mohammad did. He spoke for God, but if you also speak for God, and anything that you post differs in the slightest degree from what he dictated, then this makes you not only a prophet after Mohammad, but an abrogator, which is doubly IMPOSSIBLE, according to the revelation that God gave to Mohammad, unless, of course, Mohammad was DECEIVED, but to even consider this as a possibility would make you an apostate, no?
It is a good thing to speak for God but it is definitely bad to talk against God, as the founding fathers of the Church and Christianity did.

All of us must abrogate any thing that goes against God.

So, come and let us all say:

There is only one God LORD Almighty. There is no other God or "God,the 'kind of thing'" and Jesus is not God. Let us all abrogate and finish Trinity or the Triune God, once for all. Let us all take this opportunity to abrogate John's gospel, which created all the mess that led to Bishops and fathers quarrel for centuries.

Your cooperation in this regard would be highly appreciated.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#156369 Dec 20, 2012
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-11
Chapter 21 Jesus healeth a demoniac,… healeth the daughter of the Canaanites.

Jesus went up to Capernaum, and as he drew near to the city behold there came out of the tombs one that was possessed of a devil, and in such wise that no chain could hold him, and he did great harm to the man.…

(This Miracle is as mentioned in Mat, Mk. & Luke- MUQ)

And lo! a woman of Canaan with her two sons, who had come forth out of her own country to find Jesus. Having therefore seen him come with his disciples, she cried out:'Jesus, son of David, have mercy on my daughter, who is tormented of the devil! Jesus did not answer even a single word, because they were of the uncircumcised people. The disciples were moved to pity, and said:'O master, have pity on them! Behold how much they cry out and weep!'

Jesus answered:'I am not sent but unto the people of Israel.' Then the woman, with her sons, went before Jesus, weeping and saying:'O son of David, have mercy on me!' Jesus answered:'It is not good to take the bread from the children's hands and give it to the dogs.' And this said Jesus by reason of their uncleanness, because they were of the un- circumcised people...(This is also as mentioned in Mat. & Mk.-MUQ)

Chapter 22 Miserable condition of the uncircumcised

The disciples questioned Jesus on that day, saying:'O master, why didst thou make such answer to the woman, saying that they were dogs?'

Jesus answered:'Verily I say unto you that a dog is better than an uncircumcised man.' Then were the disciples sorrowful, saying:'Hard are these words, and who shall be able to receive them?'

Jesus answered: "If ye consider, O foolish ones, what the dog doth, that hath no reason, for the service of his master, ye will find my saying to be true. Tell me, doth the dog guard the house of his master, and expose his life against the robber? Yea, assuredly. But what receiveth he? Many blows and injuries with little bread, and he always showeth to his master a joyful countenance. Is this true?'

'True it is, O master,' answered the disciples.

Then said Jesus:'Consider now how much God hath given to man, and ye shall see how unrighteous he is in not observing the covenant of God made with Abraham his servant. Remember that which David said to Saul king of Israel, against Goliath the Philistine: "My lord," said David, "while thy servant was keeping thy servant's flock there came the wolf, the bear, and the lion and seized thy servant's sheep: whereupon thy servant went and slew them, rescuing the sheep. And what is this uncircumcised one but like unto them ? Therefore will thy servant go in the name of the Lord God of Israel, and will slay this unclean one that blasphemeth the holy people of God."

Then said the disciples:'Tell us O master for what reason man must needs be circumcised?"

Jesus answered:'Let it suffice you that God hath commanded it to Abraham. saying: "Abraham, circumcise thy foreskin and that of all thy house, for this is a covenant between me and thee for ever.''
Note: Jews position on Circumcision is well known (MUQ)

Abridged)
uhuh

Spain

#156370 Dec 20, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
We say Muhammed PBUH. We also say Jesus PBUH!
Deal with it hater of Christ. Do you deny him as a false prophet, like your "adopted" ancestors who tried to stone him to death? Why do you hate Christ so much?
honorary titles for the dead,

Jesus AS (alaihi salam), may peace be upon him

or is it
Jesus YM"SH (yemach shemo), may his name be obliterated
Jesus SH"T (shechik tamei), may his bones erode
Jesus SHR"Y (shem reshaim yirkav), may the name of the wicked rot

the Sages Z"L (zichronam l'vracha), may their memories be a blessing
the Sages who plotted to kill him earned this title

"The memory of the righteous is blessed but the name of the wicked shall rot" (Proverbs 10:7)
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#156371 Dec 20, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>If you had bothered to READ my earlier post, you'd have READ that the name given for the author of the Gospel of Barnabas is Mustafa of Aranda.
See: https://sites.google.com/site/christadelphian...
As for your test, "Quran is the revealed word of Allah, because no Human was able to bring anything like Quran in past 1400 years," that's like saying that Einstein's Special and General Theories of Relativity are the revealed word of YHWH, because no Human was able to bring anything like these Theories in all of Human history.
IOW, MUQ, your Quran Arabic test proves nothing about a divine source.
BTW, I wonder how many Muslims even know how to read Arabic?
Who ever heard of Mustafa of Aranda? No Muslim even knows his name? And you THINK such a man was a great scholar of Bible that he wrote a Fake Gospel and compiled all the four gospels into one.

Certainly the man must be a genius, So sorry that he remained hidden untill "Google" find him!!

As regards Quran being the revealed word of God, it is Quran which says it is revealed word of God and not Muslims who say it.

Then Quran gives challenge to every one who is doubt as to Quran being revealed word of God to bring a Book like it, nay ten chapters like it nay even one chapter like it.

Regarding Bible and Einstein Theory of General relativity it is PEOPLE who make claim for them, not the original books!

And Einstein Theory of Relativity is not 100 % true, already mistakes are being find into it!!

So you be at rest that in a couple of decades it would be "outdated"...while the Quran shall survive till the end of the world!!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156373 Dec 20, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas,
a
THE GOSPEL OF BARNABAS IS A PROVEN FAKE, IDIOT!!!!!!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156374 Dec 20, 2012
MUQ wrote:
As regards Quran being the revealed word of God, it is Quran which says it is revealed word of God and not Muslims who say it.
And who revealed Quran? Mohammad, who made it up as he saw fit.
MUQ wrote:
Then Quran gives challenge to every one who is doubt as to Quran being revealed word of God to bring a Book like it, nay ten chapters like it nay even one chapter like it.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/torah_...

The Quran presumes that the previous Scriptures existed in a pure form during Muhammad’s time.
Furthermore, the Torah had to be readily available for comparison (a) with the Quran and (b) with those hypothetical competitors, should somebody take up the challenge "to bring a book better than these two". Neither the argument for the Quran based on its similarity to the Torah (S. 46:10) nor the challenge to bring a book better than the Torah (S. 28:49) would make any sense if the Torah is not available to actually perform the necessary comparison.

Our main point bears repeating: The Quran makes the statement that the Torah (as it was readily available at Muhammad's time) is equal to the Quran in value of guidance and "is like it". If Muslims want to maintain their charge that the Torah was corrupted, i.e. its text being "human" and uninspired, then this implies that the Quran is no better than a human product. This would be an absurd conclusion. Thus, the obvious assumption behind the formulations found in the Quran verses is that the Torah is in its entirety of divine origin, and the Quran is as well. The Quran neither states that the Torah was corrupted before the time of Muhammad, nor does it contain any warning or prophecy that such a corruption would happen in the future. It assumes and endorses the authority of the Torah without any reservations.

For a comprehensive discussion regarding the crucial topic of the relationship between the Qur'an and the previous scriptures, please see the various articles listed in the section "What the Qur'an Says About the Bible". Moreover,

the Quran teaches that at least parts, if not all, of the previous Scriptures are similar to the Quran, and even match it, in terms of content and guidance.

In light of the foregoing, the only thing that a Jew or Christian need to do for the purpose of meeting the Quran's challenge is to present citations from the Holy Bible, which is actually vastly superior to the Quran.

So then, is there anything in Quran superior to the Beatitudes?

Matthew 5:1 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes

He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156375 Dec 20, 2012
P.S. to add the condition that "the Book like it" must be written in Arabic is foolish.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156376 Dec 20, 2012
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
a
THE GOSPEL OF BARNABAS IS A PROVEN FAKE, IDIOT!!!!!!
I think that MUQ should translate the Gospel of Barnabas into Arabic and have the House of Saud publish it as a supplement to the Qur'an.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156377 Dec 20, 2012
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS (CHAPTER 115):
'Let a man content himself therefore with the wife whom his creator has given him, and let him forget every other woman.'

Since: Oct 12

Sweden

#156378 Dec 20, 2012
My dear muslims dont waste your time with these kaafirs because their hearts are black and stony

bmz

Location hidden

#156379 Dec 20, 2012
@ Buford

Please do not miss reading my post # 156366. Thanks

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

Since: Oct 12

Sweden

#156380 Dec 20, 2012
I am going to ask you people which christianity is true.
1.CATHOLICS
2.PROTESTANTS
3.BORN AGAIN
i am wondering how can these people have three religion in one religion ,instead of talking against is islam why dont you sort yourselves out and make one religion.
The bible changed since last decades ,the big question why do you have to change yur own bible????
Who told the opostles to start up churches,did jesus told them?the answer is no.
If you ask any preist in church about the trinity ,they will say have faith.
Christians worship idols in true sense because why are there idol of jesus or merry
why do you people make pictures of jesus did anybody ever seen jesus.if the man in the picture has beards and has long hair he is jesus.
Why do you have the cross in your churches ,did jesus told you to put cross in your churches??the answer is no because at the time jesus there were no cross and churches
you people are blinded

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#156381 Dec 20, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Everybody, back then, called God, "The Father", but nobody called God, his/her father.
Jesus did not call God "My father". Right?
God was also the FATHER of Mary Magdalene and the disciples. Right?
Hope this ends the jugglery of Father and father.
According to the Nazarene or if not the real one then the biblical one, folks shouldn't call their biological fathers as such, but only to god.

If by calling god as father is not meant in the biological meaning, then it's of no relevant to say father or my father. The my does not change the meaning of father, it does not make it less or more biological.

Obviously the Nazarene was not the son of god as meant by Christians, and he didn't come out through a holy ghost, or spirit of truth who somehow impregnant a teenager.

It's time to grew up and stop believing to fairy tales like children.

bmz

Location hidden

#156384 Dec 20, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Nazarene or if not the real one then the biblical one, folks shouldn't call their biological fathers as such, but only to god.
If by calling god as father is not meant in the biological meaning, then it's of no relevant to say father or my father. The my does not change the meaning of father, it does not make it less or more biological.
Obviously the Nazarene was not the son of god as meant by Christians, and he didn't come out through a holy ghost, or spirit of truth who somehow impregnant a teenager.
It's time to grew up and stop believing to fairy tales like children.
Actually, this is what Jesus said and meant:

"Do not call anyone on earth your "Father". You have one Father. He is in heaven."

Jesus never said, "Do not call anyone on earth your father".

It is silly to suggest that he told people not to call their fathers, fathers. What else could they have called their fathers?

And if he had said that, which I believe to be nonsense, a misquote and absurd, then why do Christians call lowly men of Church, fathers?

bmz

Location hidden

#156385 Dec 20, 2012
Mohamo wrote:
My dear muslims dont waste your time with these kaafirs because their hearts are black and stony
Need to educate them.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#156387 Dec 20, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this is what Jesus said and meant:
"Do not call anyone on earth your "Father". You have one Father. He is in heaven."
Jesus never said, "Do not call anyone on earth your father".
In semetic languages there are no caps, so what you said he said is false. Second, whom the Jews have been called "Father", aside god? Third Jesus meant as the mainstream Christian understood, as evident from the final part of the previous verse.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> It is silly to suggest that he told people not to call their fathers, fathers. What else could they have called their fathers?
Well this is what the Nazarene gifted of knowledge by Allah said. If you have any problem with your messenger take it with him or Allah directly.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> And if he had said that, which I believe to be nonsense, a misquote and absurd, then why do Christians call lowly men of Church, fathers?
That's a good question that time ago, Ex-mess raised up and that Skeptic was unable to give a good answer for. The Nazarene didn't want neither that the Jews call Rabbis their "priests" because only one is rabbi. As probably he would have argued the use of the word imams for the islamic "priests" since only one is imam (leader).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... 13 hr drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec 6 Tom 1
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 3 Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov '16 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
More from around the web