Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
147,121 - 147,140 of 201,563 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156002 Dec 13, 2012
"After the conclusion of the Revelation, the Koran assumed the characteristics of immutability which is one of his miracles."

LOL!!!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156004 Dec 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
Neither Islam is a threat to the world nor the entire world is a threat to Islam and Muslims.
Go and visit Muslim countries and see the Muslim women living like queens in their houses, tribal areas excluded.
He was already praised by God Almighty, so how can you ask me foolishly not to praise him.
Willfully Ignorant Fool,

You exempt "tribal areas" as though Islam is not ENTIRELY about tribal identity!

See: Tribes and Tribalism in the Arab Spring
http://cemmis.edu.gr/index.php...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156005 Dec 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
He was already praised by God Almighty, so how can you ask me foolishly not to praise him.
Where is it recorded that "God Almighty" praised Mohammad? Why, it's recorded in the Qur'an, which also happens to be the record of what Mohammad dictated to his scribes, which is why it MUST BE TRUE!

Lol!!!#!!@!@#
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156007 Dec 13, 2012
bmz wrote:
Thanks for the compliment, bro. I feel humbled.
Ridiculing others, when reading their unintelligent responses, cannot be considered as arrogance.
In such cases, ridicule is the best course. And Buford does not understand this.
I understand that every NON-MUSLIM who disagrees with you is an "ignorant fool."

You are a sick joke.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156010 Dec 13, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
For once I agree with most of what you have written but who's to stop them. Shia Islam is cult of martyrdom.
Thank you for that. Apologies for not picking this post up.
Sadly many are so deeply immersed in customs traditions and bit players, they forget the main purpose of submitting to the Will of God in peace in search of peace.
I have been a bit lucky. I first looked for God in the OT and NT and then took the next logical step of finding God in Islam.
Peace
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156011 Dec 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that every NON-MUSLIM who disagrees with you is an "ignorant fool."
You are a sick joke.
We all know that you are a light weight moron who can only be given the title of "village idiot" or "ignorant fool".
or woodworker with woodworms?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156012 Dec 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "kingodm?"
Take your meds.
king-o-dm? bu(ttturdlick)ford....how about king-dong?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156013 Dec 13, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that. Apologies for not picking this post up.
Sadly many are so deeply immersed in customs traditions and bit players, they forget the main purpose of submitting to the Will of God in peace in search of peace.
I have been a bit lucky. I first looked for God in the OT and NT and then took the next logical step of finding God in Islam.
Peace
And now you have presumably found God in Islam, or at least what you think is the "Real McCoy."

How does it set with you that the "Will of God in Islam" mandates circumambulating the Magic Cube of Mecca seven times in a counterclockwise fashion, that is, if one can afford the trip?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156014 Dec 13, 2012
Why did Mohammad kiss the Black Stone, that pre-islamic idol, and enshrine it in the Magic Cube?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156015 Dec 13, 2012
Stone Kissing and Idolatry
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Incon...

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

When Allah’s Apostle came to Mecca, he refused to enter the Ka'ba with idols in it. He ordered (idols to be taken out). So they were taken out. The people took out the pictures of Abraham and Ishmael holding Azlams in their hands. Allah's Apostle said, "May Allah curse these people. By Allah, both Abraham and Ishmael never did the game of chance with Azlams." Then he entered the Ka'ba and said Takbir at its corners but did not offer the prayer in it.(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 671)

Yet Muhammad didn’t apply the Quran’s injunctions consistently since he was seen kissing the black stone of the Kabah:

Narrated Salim that his father said:
I saw Allah’s Apostle arriving at Mecca; he kissed the Black Stone Corner first while doing Tawaf and did ramal in the first three rounds of the seven rounds (of Tawaf).(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 673)

Narrated Az-Zubair bin ‘Arabi:
A man asked Ibn 'Umar about the touching of the Black Stone. Ibn ‘Umar said, "I saw Allah’s Apostle touching and kissing it." The questioner said, "But if there were a throng (much rush) round the Ka'ba and the people overpowered me,(what would I do?)" He replied angrily, "Stay in Yemen (as that man was from Yemen). I saw Allah's Apostle touching and kissing it." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 680)

This sheer act of idolatry troubled some of his own companions such as Umar bin al-Khattab:

Narrated ‘Abis bin Rabia:
‘Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said, "No doubt, I know that you are a stone AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah’s Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667)

Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who said:
"Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the Corner (Black Stone) saying,‘By Allah! I know that you are a stone AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT NOR HARM. Had I not seen the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.’ Then he kissed it and said,‘There is no reason for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we wanted to show off before the pagans, and now Allah has destroyed them.’‘Umar added,‘(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675)

Narrated Zaid bin Aslam that his father said:
"I saw ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab kissing the Black Stone and he then said,(to it)‘Had I not seen Allah’s Apostle kissing you,(stone) I WOULD NOT HAVE KISSED YOU.’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 679)

How amusing that Umar basically echoes the words of Sura 21:66! Hence, not only was Muhammad acting inconsistently but he also committed idolatry!

Since: Dec 12

UK

#156016 Dec 13, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
People have been rattling the Koran ever since it was put to print and distributed all over the world. According to Ibn Mujahid there were approx 07 qiraats (readings of the Koran) while others claim that there were 14. It wasn't until July 1924 when the Egyptian govt decided to throw all existing Korans into the River Nile and re-edit the whole Koran and that is the Koran which we have in our hands today.
This is quite mind blowing information as I never knew that the quran was only fully edited in 1924. Even muslim sites agree that the original quran of takshent is full of erors.

'Prophet Muhammad was the first to write down the Quran revealed to him and when he died , the whole Quran was completely written, although not in one book, but rather on pieces of woods, papers, palm leaves, bones…
Unlike the claims made by many Muslim scholars, the Mus-hafs that exist today and around the world are not the same as many of them still carry the human errors that were not corrected. They do not match word by word or letter by letter and they are not what God promised to preserve and protect. Even after God revealed to the world the perfect measure to the accuracy of the written Quran in 1974, the majority today refuse to adopt it and for that reasons they actually are refusing the words of God in His own book.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#156017 Dec 13, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The new postulate is that a NON-JEWISH Arab named Mohammad becomes the prophet that Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy 18, and not because this is actually true, but because Muslims WANT IT TO BE TRUE.
How a truth is to be proven from the "old scriptures"?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156018 Dec 14, 2012
El Morales wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite mind blowing information as I never knew that the quran was only fully edited in 1924. Even muslim sites agree that the original quran of takshent is full of erors.
'Prophet Muhammad was the first to write down the Quran revealed to him and when he died , the whole Quran was completely written, although not in one book, but rather on pieces of woods, papers, palm leaves, bones…
Unlike the claims made by many Muslim scholars, the Mus-hafs that exist today and around the world are not the same as many of them still carry the human errors that were not corrected. They do not match word by word or letter by letter and they are not what God promised to preserve and protect. Even after God revealed to the world the perfect measure to the accuracy of the written Quran in 1974, the majority today refuse to adopt it and for that reasons they actually are refusing the words of God in His own book.
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php...
lol...
You really are a twat!!
Those who recited the Quran by heart have been there just a "few" years before 1924!!!!
Using your crazy logic, their recitals should be different!
Doesn't work MORONIS.
You are obviously a south asian boy..or if you wish to defend the Gospels why not be a man and come forward to compare Quran and Gospels or even your vedas!
Mr moronis cuts pastes without any theological education!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156020 Dec 14, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you have presumably found God in Islam, or at least what you think is the "Real McCoy."
How does it set with you that the "Will of God in Islam" mandates circumambulating the Magic Cube of Mecca seven times in a counterclockwise fashion, that is, if one can afford the trip?
hello ignorant village idiot....

You ought to try it sometime for your clogged up cardio vascular system!

How about promoting a better version of worship for us?

Why don't you tell us how good your non-gentile butt worship is!

You are quick to insult Islam but you have failed miserably to come up with a credible alternative and therefore you continue to be THE ignorant village idiot!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156021 Dec 14, 2012
Buford wrote:
Why did Mohammad kiss the Black Stone, that pre-islamic idol, and enshrine it in the Magic Cube?
Why did he kiss a baby and why did he kiss his elders, his loved ones?
Did he worship them?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156022 Dec 14, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it recorded that "God Almighty" praised Mohammad? Why, it's recorded in the Qur'an, which also happens to be the record of what Mohammad dictated to his scribes, which is why it MUST BE TRUE!
Lol!!!#!!@!@#
It is recorded in Qur'aan, ignorant fool!
bmz

Singapore

#156023 Dec 14, 2012
Buford wrote:
Which ignorant fool told you that the black stone was an idol? Was it Sam Shamoun or Robert Spencer, the notoriously famous ignorant fools?

The black stone was not an idol, your Dumb Highness. Walls were not worshipped by the pagan Arabs.

The small piece of stone just fitted a small cavity.
bmz

Singapore

#156024 Dec 14, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did he kiss a baby and why did he kiss his elders, his loved ones?
Did he worship them?
Right.

And Jesus used to worship little children. He used to worship by kissing them.

The Pope worships earth. He kisses the ground. lol!
bmz

Singapore

#156025 Dec 14, 2012
Buford wrote:
Stone Kissing and Idolatry
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Incon...
Narrated Ibn Abbas:
When Allah’s Apostle came to Mecca, he refused to enter the Ka'ba with idols in it. He ordered (idols to be taken out). So they were taken out. The people took out the pictures of Abraham and Ishmael holding Azlams in their hands. Allah's Apostle said, "May Allah curse these people. By Allah, both Abraham and Ishmael never did the game of chance with Azlams." Then he entered the Ka'ba and said Takbir at its corners but did not offer the prayer in it.(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 671)
Yet Muhammad didn’t apply the Quran’s injunctions consistently since he was seen kissing the black stone of the Kabah:
Narrated Salim that his father said:
I saw Allah’s Apostle arriving at Mecca; he kissed the Black Stone Corner first while doing Tawaf and did ramal in the first three rounds of the seven rounds (of Tawaf).(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 673)
Narrated Az-Zubair bin ‘Arabi:
A man asked Ibn 'Umar about the touching of the Black Stone. Ibn ‘Umar said, "I saw Allah’s Apostle touching and kissing it." The questioner said, "But if there were a throng (much rush) round the Ka'ba and the people overpowered me,(what would I do?)" He replied angrily, "Stay in Yemen (as that man was from Yemen). I saw Allah's Apostle touching and kissing it." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 680)
This sheer act of idolatry troubled some of his own companions such as Umar bin al-Khattab:
Narrated ‘Abis bin Rabia:
‘Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said, "No doubt, I know that you are a stone AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah’s Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667)
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who said:
"Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the Corner (Black Stone) saying,‘By Allah! I know that you are a stone AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT NOR HARM. Had I not seen the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.’ Then he kissed it and said,‘There is no reason for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we wanted to show off before the pagans, and now Allah has destroyed them.’‘Umar added,‘(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675)
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam that his father said:
"I saw ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab kissing the Black Stone and he then said,(to it)‘Had I not seen Allah’s Apostle kissing you,(stone) I WOULD NOT HAVE KISSED YOU.’" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 679)
How amusing that Umar basically echoes the words of Sura 21:66! Hence, not only was Muhammad acting inconsistently but he also committed idolatry!
So?
bmz

Singapore

#156026 Dec 14, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to see that ex-Father Alex has found the true God in Islam.

The Umrah and the Hajj is only applicable to those, who can afford the trip.

Those, who cannot afford the trip, do not have to worry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
Greek mound excavators: No tours please, too busy Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••