Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,356)

Showing posts 147,101 - 147,120 of198,674
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The new postulate is that a NON-JEWISH Arab named Mohammad becomes the prophet that Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy 18, and not because this is actually true, but because Muslims WANT IT TO BE TRUE.
It is quite obvious that the prophet foretold in Deuteronomy 18:18, was not Jesus at all and could never have been.

"New International Version (1984)

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him."

Jesus just talked on his own and lots of Tu Quoque exchanges went between him and the Jews. The Tu Quoque was definitely not put into his mouth by God. Right?

So, if he were that prophet, then the man was not the son of God or God or the so-called Word, or messiah, etc.

Have you ever heard Christianity ever declaring him and calling him a prophet of God?

Thus Jesus is out!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what?
Mohammad didn't obey the teaching of Jesus regarding the Jews, either. In fact, he ABROGATED the teaching of Jesus.
Muhammad did not have to obey Jesus or his teachings. He was himself appointed a Prophet and received revelations. Jesus did not receive anything. What did he leave behind?

A complete mess in the form of the New Testament full of tales, "Acts, an act" by Luke, letters and journeys of Paul?

Did the biblical Jesus obey the teachings of Moses and others? In fact, he abrogated the laws and left nothing behind.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

@ STEFANO COLONNA

Are you paying attention? I have provided enough material for you to go after Buford.

Go ahead!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>

In that case the same can be said of the Koran as well.

1) There is no written copy of the Koran dating back to lifetime of Mohammad.

2) The earliest fragments of the Koran are missing.

3) The orignal manuscripts of the Koran are missing.

4) Human memory is unreliable. How much of the Koran was committed to memory? We don't know. Oral tradition cannot be accurate. Some of it yes, but for the most part, no.

5) No hard evidence that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same Koran dictated by Mohammad.

6) Mohammad's name never appeared on coins until fag end of the 7th CE.

7) There could be verses in the Koran that were not meant to be there. That is why there is something called abrogation of verses. There could also have been verses that were supposed to be included but were left out.

The problem is that critical investigation of the Koran is fobidden in Islamic countries.
Item 1, agreed.

Item 2, agreed, because all fragments, etc had been burned or destroyed by Uthman, Ali and Company.

Item 3, there were no original manuscripts of Qur'aan at that time, as it had not been compiled.

Item 4, do not agree.

Item 5. There is no need for any evidence. The same has been repeated for a thousand plus years.

Item 6. That was not an important requirement. He was not a king.

Item 7: No verses of Qur'aan have been abrogated. If verses had been abrogated, they would have been deleted.

Shias, Sunnis and all other sects have and read exactly the same Qur'aan.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad did not have to obey Jesus or his teachings. He was himself appointed a Prophet and received revelations. Jesus did not receive anything. What did he leave behind?
A complete mess in the form of the New Testament full of tales, "Acts, an act" by Luke, letters and journeys of Paul?
Did the biblical Jesus obey the teachings of Moses and others? In fact, he abrogated the laws and left nothing behind.
Muhammad and his cronies are terrorists. Islam is a threat to the world. Islam thrives in poor countries and keeps women down. Don't praise him.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I have sympathy for Jews because Mohammad hated them and killed any number of them for ridiculing him. His "perfectly" bloody example inspires Hamas TODAY.
I may understand this position only if you were the son or a close descendant of Muhammad.

What really ispires Hamas is the fascist policy that British and Israelis brought with them. What if one day your house get seized by a superior force, and you are forced to live with strangers who get the best and bigger part of your property? I'm sure you will react and fight for your rights, and starting to hate the new settlers. As such whenever you hear bad stories about them or that someone used to punish your enemies or their ancestors, you may feel happy or use those stories as example for your propanganda to show they are and were evil people. Anything then is justified.

In a way, but not fully, Hamas is justified, although hate brings hate, and nothing good can come from it, nothing good has it brought to them. it's time that both the parties need to be more moderate and start a real dialogue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Not that long ago I sent an e-mail to my Catholic Bishop to ask why it took so long -Vatican II, 1962- for the Church to recognize that it wasn't obeying the teaching of Jesus with regard to the Jews, but in fact had sinned gravely and for centuries against them as a people.
Muslims need something similar, but the problem is and will ever be Mohammad, that consummate Jew hater.
Yes I remember that you sent an email to your bishop, and that eventually he has never answered to this very day.

I don't really see Muhammad as a consummate Jew hater. He fought against arab tribes as well, killing them and making their women slaves.

The problem came that that fool used to invent that YHVH was his god and he's the last prophet as said in Deut 18:18. Most probably the Jews rejected his claim explain why he cannot be that, and Muhammad started to invent things about them such as Allah transformed these law breakers into pig and monkey.

The only one worth of that title - consummate Jew hater - is Hitler. The latter made wars in different parts of Europe but when it came to deal with Jews he used the most brutal punishments. Muhammad cannot be putted at his level.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Now start attacking his religion. Tell him not to believe that Jesus is God, the greatest lie ever told.
I told him that Jesus is not god. He's well aware that actually he may not be it and even putted in doubt the existence of the Nazarene. This is the difference between you and him. If I tell you that Muhammad was not a messenger or prophet of god you will never given me answers of that kind,
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell him that the Trinity or the Triune God is an absurdity, an abomination and a monstrosity.
I have told him that the Trinity is an absurdity, nevertheless it cannot considerated an abomination or a monstruosity.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, tell him that the Christian Bible is full of forgeries. Ridicule his faith.
But he's well aware of the inconsistencies of the Bible... How long have you been debating with him, and you still don't know it?
When I ridiculize a religion I just focus on the main characters. Christianity has Jesus, the biblical Nazarene was a nice guy, and almost nothing violent came from his words, unlike Muhammad.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a great fun to watch you and Buford carry out lovely exchanges. I will watch and enjoy.
Whatever.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Now start attacking his religion. Tell him not to believe that Jesus is God, the greatest lie ever told.
Tell him that the Trinity or the Triune God is an absurdity, an abomination and a monstrosity.
Also, tell him that the Christian Bible is full of forgeries. Ridicule his faith.
It will be a great fun to watch you and Buford carry out lovely exchanges. I will watch and enjoy.
rabbee: so what - if the abominable monstrosity of muslems, calls all other religions a monstrosity? so what - if you use your book of errors, to denigrate their book of errors? so what if you use your lies, to rebuke their lies? so what - if the 2.1billion liars on your side, are against the 2.3 billion liars on their side? what is the poing, if it is all vanity, vanity, vanity of only liars?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
Item 7: No verses of Qur'aan have been abrogated. If verses had been abrogated, they would have been deleted.
http://quran.com/2/106

We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

http://quran.com/16/101

And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is most knowing of what He sends down - they say, "You,[O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies]." But most of them do not know.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/abrogate...
Abrogated Verses Of the Quran
Evidence from Islamic Sources
Collected by Sam Shamoun*

*An "ignorant fool"
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I may understand this position only if you were the son or a close descendant of Muhammad.
What really ispires Hamas is the fascist policy that British and Israelis brought with them. What if one day your house get seized by a superior force, and you are forced to live with strangers who get the best and bigger part of your property? I'm sure you will react and fight for your rights, and starting to hate the new settlers. As such whenever you hear bad stories about them or that someone used to punish your enemies or their ancestors, you may feel happy or use those stories as example for your propanganda to show they are and were evil people. Anything then is justified.
In a way, but not fully, Hamas is justified, although hate brings hate, and nothing good can come from it, nothing good has it brought to them. it's time that both the parties need to be more moderate and start a real dialogue.
Thanks to the U.N., the "Palestinians" could have had a state of their own in 1948 that would have been much bigger than the state of Israel. Instead, egged on by their Imams and the other Arab nations, they went to war, and lost again and again and again, so that now, 65 years later, the "Palestinians" are arguing over scraps of land and are as mad as hell about it, thinking that they have been robbed by the Jews, those "descendants of apes and pigs."
Alesx123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you failed to include, the f,c,k,r scalar for the temp.
international agreement, absolute zero is defined as 0K on the kelvin scale and as &#8722;273.15C on the celsius scale. this is equal to &#8722;459.67F on the fahrenheit scale, and 0 R on the rankine scale. so far scientists have achieved temperatures, very close to the alleged absolute zero. but as of yet, have failed to achieve that temperature in order to confirm it. thus absolute-zero, is still only a theretical estimate by agreement only. and so with present technology, it is not possible to verify this as fact.
and as for veneers, and other composites, the glue used is dependant on how it is to be used. from using cheaper soluable glues for dry locations in use. and more expensive insoluable and mold resistant glues for damper locations, even possibly including thermo-plastic or ceramic laminants for wet locatons.
so what is your point, as one ignorant fool, calling some one else what you also are? when it all sounds like, all vain hyprocricy to me. as in trying to portray yourself, as a superior knowledgeable expert, so have you also failed. as you use your idolitry, to try and stereotype someone elses alleged idolitry. with the old try to baffle em, with the extra-curricular bs theory.
but f,c,k, r are NOT in your Torah AND to be ignored right?

There you go rabbee.... now you are forced to eat your own words and wonder how they taste for a change!!!

With best wishes from a TRUE and REAL believer in TRUE and REAL God.
Alesx123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The new postulate is that a NON-JEWISH Arab named Mohammad becomes the prophet that Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy 18, and not because this is actually true, but because Muslims WANT IT TO BE TRUE.
hello clueless bu(ttturdlick)ford...it is slightly better than the "slave god of non-gentiles", who HATES gentiles as dogs and pigs, comes to earth in human form as his own son, to die for the sins of "gentiles" because he promised the "sinless non-gentiles" the ringside seats to all the fun in the kingodm!!!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad and his cronies are terrorists. Islam is a threat to the world. Islam thrives in poor countries and keeps women down. Don't praise him.
Neither Islam is a threat to the world nor the entire world is a threat to Islam and Muslims.

Go and visit Muslim countries and see the Muslim women living like queens in their houses, tribal areas excluded.

He was already praised by God Almighty, so how can you ask me foolishly not to praise him.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
http://quran.com/2/106
We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?
http://quran.com/16/101
And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is most knowing of what He sends down - they say, "You,[O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies]." But most of them do not know.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/abrogate...
Abrogated Verses Of the Quran
Evidence from Islamic Sources
Collected by Sam Shamoun*
*An "ignorant fool"
Sam Shamoun is indeed a clueless ignorant fool. Thanks for calling him that.

The verse abrogates all past scriptures.
Love North East Ind

Jorhat, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Allah is one Almighty God.
Alesx123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment, bro. I feel humbled.
Ridiculing others, when reading their unintelligent responses, cannot be considered as arrogance.
In such cases, ridicule is the best course. And Buford does not understand this.
You are welcome bro, any time!
I agree totally...when their intention is to ridicule at any cost without stopping to even think, then our response does not have to comply with this:
" Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and debate/discuss/argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." Noble Qur'n 16:125
Salaams, WM
Love North East Ind

Jorhat, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Alesx123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome bro, any time!
I agree totally...when their intention is to ridicule at any cost without stopping to even think, then our response does not have to comply with this:
" Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and debate/discuss/argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." Noble Qur'n 16:125
Salaams, WM
Its true, preach religion peacefully and be helpful and tolerant towards other community.
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "doubts" will not becomes facts. That is why I said an "expert" like you is not in the market to get info from novices like us.
You have doubts, which turn into your opinion and they become your views and then they become a fact.
You are entitled to live in your world.
My doubts are influenced by lack of evidence. When you dont have evidence for something, you obviously doubt. Your responses are based on faith and not evidence, and that is why I grill you guys. You refuse to dig below the surface and accept things at face value which to me is not good enough.

By the way, my response about Mohammad's circumcision was more or less cut and paste from an Islamic web-site written by your co-religionist. I had nothing to do with it.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I have sympathy for Jews because Mohammad hated them and killed any number of them for ridiculing him. His "perfectly" bloody example inspires Hamas TODAY.
I have more sympathy for Jews than any of you, because the gospels and other books of the New Testament created such a hatred for them that the European Christians killed millions under the name of their so-called 'loving' Jesus.

Jesus did not hate the Jews and neither was he a self-hating Jew. His language sending woes upon the Jews, was figurative and so was the language of Qur'aan.

Now, how many millions of 'Banu' Israel were killed by the European Christians, compared with the the Banus of Arabia, killed for treachery and fighting against Muslims, when the Banus went along with pagans?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,101 - 147,120 of198,674
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... 6 hr huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
Oldest case of Down's syndrome from medieval Fr... Jul 4 Nulli Secubdus 1
Great Circle dig wowing archaeologists Jun 30 Duke for Mayor 3
Remains of ancient child reburied in Montana Jun 29 Quiet Transplant 2
•••
•••