Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
146,921 - 146,940 of 201,523 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#155739 Dec 9, 2012
RADICAL ISLAM

Radical Islam actually searching its roots which west has destroyed after breaking the caliphate of Muslims in Turkey? Since than there exists no any Islamic political system, which guide the Muslim Omah as a whole nor there is a any Madresa(school), where Islamic political system be taught as a subject, in result the Islamic students and radicals on basis of little knowledge about penal and civil laws trying to correct the society which is not possible, and further more interference of west in Muslim countries has deteriorated the Islamic world. Again the Flowing of money through N.G.O,s further has aggravated the situation which is altogether not acceptable to these students and clerks as such same has snatched the peace of Muslim world including the West, It would be better that Islamic world should be left to regulate their own affairs through their legal system and west should avoid to interfere and try to implement of their own system, than one can expect the peace and harmony in west and Islamic world.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155741 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Edited for brevity
Answering Gilchrist, the ignorant fool!
Please inform Gilchrist that there are no caps or capital letters in Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic.
The only UNIQUENESS of Jesus in Islam is, that he was the son of Mary, whom no man touched and she conceived Jesus by God's command. No man fathered Jesus.
In Qur'aan, Jesus is not the Word, WHICH IS USED IN CAPS by Christianity. That biblical word Word, has no place in Qur'aan.
In 4:171, the "word" was the message sent to Mary that she would conceive a child. And that word or promise was fulfilled. And Mary did not deliver 'a word or message', which was conveyed through Gabriel. She delivered baby Jesus.
Here is a translation in modern English by yours truly:
4:171 People of the Book! Do not cross the line in your religion and do not speak anything against Allah except the truth. This messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, was Allah’s messenger and fulfillment of word, He had conveyed to Mary and a soul from Him.
So believe in Allah and his messengers. Do not say,“Three”! Desist! It would be better for you. Indeed Allah is the only One God. He is too high in glory to have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth, and Allah is enough as a Guardian. "
So, the ruh or the soul of Jesus came from God. In other words, God gave life to the zygote or the foetus of brother Jesus.
"Kalimatim-min-allah " means "word from Allah" and "Kalimatim-minhu" means "word from Him". It is still from Allah.
Allah NEVER said in Qur'aan, "Jesus is my soul or my spirit or my word".
Proven: you make it up as you go.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#155742 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, uhuh
I beg to disagree with the sexual intercourse part. There is nothing in the Jewish law that permits sex with a little girl.
There is nothing wrong with betrothal. In many tribal cultures, folks still give a baby in betrothal to another child and they marry only when they are adults.
& if they choose not to agree to this arrangement? Choosing a mate is a personal & private matter...not to be infringed upon by social edicts & certainly not a choice to be foisted upon children.
bmz

Singapore

#155743 Dec 9, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven: you make it up as you go.
I knew that you will come up with nothing but a one-liner.

The idea was that you could forward that post to ignorant Gilchrist, so that all ignorant fools at answering-Islam could get educated and the silent majority of the readers here could also understand that the only uniqueness of Jesus is that he was born of his own mother.

And it also showed the uniqueness of my dearest mother Maryam (Mary). So, she was also unique, not the son only.

Please raed and understand first, the forward this post again to those mentioned. Thanks

" Answering Gilchrist, the ignorant fool!

Please inform Gilchrist that there are no caps or capital letters in Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic.

The only UNIQUENESS of Jesus in Islam is, that he was the son of Mary, whom no man touched and she conceived Jesus by God's command. No man fathered Jesus.

In Qur'aan, Jesus is not the Word, WHICH IS USED IN CAPS by Christianity. That biblical word Word, has no place in Qur'aan.

In 4:171, the "word" was the message sent to Mary that she would conceive a child. And that word or promise was fulfilled. And Mary did not deliver 'a word or message', which was conveyed through Gabriel. She delivered baby Jesus.

4:171 People of the Book! Do not cross the line in your religion and do not speak anything against Allah except the truth. This messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, was Allah’s messenger and fulfillment of word, He had conveyed to Mary and a soul from Him.

So believe in Allah and his messengers. Do not say,“Three”! Desist! It would be better for you. Indeed Allah is the only One God. He is too high in glory to have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth, and Allah is enough as a Guardian."

So, the ruh or the soul of Jesus came from God. In other words, God gave life to the zygote or the foetus of brother Jesus.

"Kalimatim-min-allah " means "word from Allah" and "Kalimatim-minhu" means "word from Him". It is still from Allah.

Allah NEVER said in Qur'aan, "Jesus is my soul or my spirit or my word". "
bmz

Singapore

#155744 Dec 9, 2012
Borg3of7 wrote:
<quoted text>
& if they choose not to agree to this arrangement? Choosing a mate is a personal & private matter...not to be infringed upon by social edicts & certainly not a choice to be foisted upon children.
Greetings and welcome back, Borg.

Indeed but I was talking about the tribal culture. It happens mostly in the tribal areas.

Among modern and educated Muslims, there is no such problem.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155745 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that you will come up with nothing but a one-liner.
The idea was that you could forward that post to ignorant Gilchrist, so that all ignorant fools at answering-Islam could get educated and the silent majority of the readers here could also understand that the only uniqueness of Jesus is that he was born of his own mother.
And it also showed the uniqueness of my dearest mother Maryam (Mary). So, she was also unique, not the son only.
Please raed and understand first, the forward this post again to those mentioned. Thanks
" Answering Gilchrist, the ignorant fool!
So believe in Allah and his messengers. Do not say,“Three”! Desist! It would be better for you. Indeed Allah is the only One God. He is too high in glory to have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth, and Allah is enough as a Guardian."
Allah NEVER said in Qur'aan, "Jesus is my soul or my spirit or my word". "
Forward it to Gilchrist yourself, No Nails.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155746 Dec 9, 2012
http://www.quranbrowser.com/cgi/bin/get.cgi...

Pickthall: O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease!(it is) better for you!- Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.

Yusuf Ali: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him:(far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs.

Shakir: O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.

Arberry: People of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers, and say not,'Three.' Refrain; better is it for you. God is only One God. Glory be to Him -- That He should have a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth; God suffices for a guardian.
bmz

Singapore

#155748 Dec 9, 2012
Buford wrote:
http://www.quranbrowser.com/cg i/bin/get.cgi?searchstring=4:1 71
Pickthall: O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease!(it is) better for you!- Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.
Yusuf Ali: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him:(far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs.
Shakir: O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
Arberry: People of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers, and say not,'Three.' Refrain; better is it for you. God is only One God. Glory be to Him -- That He should have a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth; God suffices for a guardian.
Thanks for quoting various translations, which confirm the following:

1. That the people, who founded Christianity, crossed the red line and lied that God had a son.

2. That Jesus was nothing but just a messenger of God.

3. That Jesus was the fulfillment of the word or message given or committed to Mary and Jesus himself, was neither a Word or a word. Thus the 'Word' or 'word' refers not to Jesus.

4. That God gave life to Jesus, when he was in his mother's womb. So, his soul or spirit came FROM God, just as everybody's soul or spirit comes FROM God.

5. That Jesus was not the Spirit or Soul of God.

6. That God has no son.

7. That Trinity or the three of the Trinity, IS a lie.

8. That God is only One God. Glory be to Him, not to anybody else.

So brother Jesus is OUT! He has zero divinity.
Mahmood

Canada

#155749 Dec 9, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your problem. You are a bit short on insight.
What you were is critical to all this because you simply cannot understand the explanation that there is no contradiction.
You have a blind spot.
Just like the blind spot of hassan/hussanism because you were never a Muslim.
Seems you were not even a mohammadan, and certainly not fortunate enough to have been a pious loving caring Muslim.
That accounts for your convoluted blinkered way of thinking.
Why is there no contradiction?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155750 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
Thanks for quoting various translations, which confirm the following:
1. That the people, who founded Christianity, crossed the red line and lied that God had a son.
2. That Jesus was nothing but just a messenger of God.
3. That Jesus was the fulfillment of the word or message given or committed to Mary and Jesus himself, was neither a Word or a word. Thus the 'Word' or 'word' refers not to Jesus.
4. That God gave life to Jesus, when he was in his mother's womb. So, his soul or spirit came FROM God, just as everybody's soul or spirit comes FROM God.
5. That Jesus was not the Spirit or Soul of God.
6. That God has no son.
7. That Trinity or the three of the Trinity, IS a lie.
8. That God is only One God. Glory be to Him, not to anybody else.
So brother Jesus is OUT! He has zero divinity.
The passages from the Qur'an only PROVE that Mohammad believed certain things about Jesus and the nature of God that contradict what Christianity taught in his day and continues to teach about Jesus and the nature of God.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155751 Dec 9, 2012
Borg3of7 wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: does your union, please or displease G-D? is, a rather public matter. since it's effects, can effect people beyond the two in question. if your union resulted in, more calamity in the world. is that, a good thing?

if adam were to choose or be given with, a different mate. then all of you would cease to exist, the next time G-D gave this Story of Creation. you would never again, be resurrected.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#155752 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings and welcome back, Borg.
Indeed but I was talking about the tribal culture. It happens mostly in the tribal areas.
Among modern and educated Muslims, there is no such problem.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22005...

British Muslim clerics are willing to carry out sharia marriages involving child brides as young as 12, an investigation has found.

Two imams said they would be prepared to officiate at the wedding of an underage girl to a man in his twenties, despite fears the pair would later have sex.
The revelations have led the Home Office to confirm that such ceremonies will be examined in the Government’s forthcoming Bill to outlaw forced marriages.
bmz

Singapore

#155753 Dec 9, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The passages from the Qur'an only PROVE that Mohammad believed certain things about Jesus and the nature of God that contradict what Christianity taught in his day and continues to teach about Jesus and the nature of God.
The passages of Qur'aan prove that everything that Christianity taught, was totally wrong and was a lie. It taught what Jesus DID NOT teach. Period!
bmz

Singapore

#155754 Dec 9, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

British Muslim clerics are willing to carry out sharia marriages involving child brides as young as 12, an investigation has found.

Two imams said they would be prepared to officiate at the wedding of an underage girl to a man in his twenties, despite fears the pair would later have sex.

The revelations have led the Home Office to confirm that such ceremonies will be examined in the Government’s forthcoming Bill to outlaw forced marriages.
The two imams are nuts and dimwits. I hope the British Home Office forms a Muslim Marriage Bureau and only well-educated and approved Imams can perform marriages.

Forced marriages are not permitted in Islam.

If I were the investigative reporter, I would have asked the Imam, if he could let me have his 12 y.o. daughter in marriage.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155755 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
The passages of Qur'aan prove that everything that Christianity taught, was totally wrong and was a lie. It taught what Jesus DID NOT teach. Period!
Braindead Muslim Zombie,

Your fundamental error is in believing that the Qur'aan proves anything at all beyond the fact that Mohammad believed that what he dictated to his scribes was the truth.
bmz

Singapore

#155756 Dec 9, 2012
@ Buford

Here is a copy of my email to Gilchrist and the best joke is that there is no email address given on answering-Islam site.

Hello, Gilchrist

I read an extract of your article here. That was posted by Buford.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

I posted a few responses and asked the poster to send my response to you.

Instead, he asked me to send it to you.

I do not have your email address, so I have assumed it to be:

gilchrist@answering-islam.org

Hope you do get this email and if you do, please read the posts at Topix and email me back your comments.

Alternatively, you may post at Topix.

Thanks and best regards

B---

PS to Buford: I have given him my real name
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155757 Dec 9, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Stop sharia law in Britain, by Pat Condell
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#155758 Dec 9, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The two imams are nuts and dimwits. I hope the British Home Office forms a Muslim Marriage Bureau and only well-educated and approved Imams can perform marriages.
Forced marriages are not permitted in Islam.
If I were the investigative reporter, I would have asked the Imam, if he could let me have his 12 y.o. daughter in marriage.
I guess the point is that sometimes the most backward behavior is not in the primitive tribal areas, but right on our supposedly civilized doorsteps, hidden in various enclaves.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155759 Dec 9, 2012
Let's blame the Jews, by Pat Condell
bmz

Singapore

#155760 Dec 9, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Braindead Muslim Zombie,
Your fundamental error is in believing that the Qur'aan proves anything at all beyond the fact that Mohammad believed that what he dictated to his scribes was the truth.
The point is that Christianity itself blows away most of the lies, it concocted. The Christian scripture is a load of lies.

So, when I read Qur'aan, I know it is saying the same thing that I found out.

For example, Qur'aan rejects Trinity or the three Gods of trinity. The Christian scripture is totally silent on this matter. Trinity is not there in the Bible. On top of that, I do not find Jesus telling the big lie that God is triune or a trinity. So, Qur'aan is right!

According to Qur'aan, Jesus was the messenger of God. According to Christianity, Jesus is God.

I don't find Jesus saying anywhere, "I am God" or " I am the begotten son of God." So, Qur'aan rightly points out that God has not begotten a son and since there is no other God besides God, Jesus is not God.

So, Qur'aan exposes the lies of Christianity and that really is a good thing. Right?

Muhammad believed in what was revealed to him. The founding fathers of the Church believed in what pagan philosophers and other Godless men told them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
Greek mound excavators: No tours please, too busy Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••