Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,611

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#155397 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
you still haven't understood it.
I think you are struggling to comprehend something very simple by looking for a complicated answer!
There is no contradiction.
This is not the thread for it..but still there is no contradiction.
I have given the answer to stephano but he did not understand it!
Forget Stefano, answer me. Why do you think there is no contradiction?
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#155398 Dec 4, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there to interpret?
Of course, the word messenger IS in PLURAL.
Anyway, I will try my best to do an exegesis of that line.
THOSE refers to the people, who DO NOT believe in Allah and it also refers to people, who also DO NOT believe in the MESSENGERS, who were sent by Allah.
And what does 4:152 say? Please try to explain.
Forget 4:152 for now. Lets stick to 4:150. Do Christians, Jews, and Sabians believe in all the Messengers?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155399 Dec 4, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget Stefano, answer me. Why do you think there is no contradiction?
Now let us see....
Where is the contradiction?

1. Jews who are the Children of those who rejected Prophet Jesus the messenger of God, but properly follow Judaism as it was BEFORE Prophet Jesus and Prophet Muhammed. They still believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness.

2. Jews who are the Children of those who accepted Prophet Jesus as JUST the messenger of God but NOT God (the disciples for example did exactly that). They still believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness. Their "religion" was practised BEFORE prophet Muhammed.

3. Others who accept Jesus as Messenger of God but NOT God and those who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness.
These can be BEFORE or AFTER Muhammed. BEFORE Muhammed they were loosely referred to as "Christians" and AFTER Mhammed they are loosely referred to as Muslims.

4. Quran clearly refers to those who worship Jesus or anything other than God as non-believers even if they believe in the Last Day, and work righteousness.

5. Those who rejected the messengers when sent to them will have to explain their actions to God at the right place and time.

6. Those who worship a naked man as God or son of God do NOT believe in God. They will have to explain their "faith" to God at the right place and time.

Hope you can work with this.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155402 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Although he claimed to have been a priest I doubt he's a convert since his knowledge of the Bible is quite low to be a former priest...
oh really?
why don't you show your knowledge of bible.
Find me a direct quote from Jesus claiming divinity in clear terms.
Go for it punk.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155403 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Voltaire is right! I also add that if a person claim to be prophet or messenger of god and this person to convert the others use the violence against many people, then that is the sign he's charlatan or his god is not almighty.
Since it's impossible to believe that an almighty entity can act in this rdiculous way, I prefer to think that the pseudo prophet is a charlatan, to say the least.
you are a clueless fool trying to look clever hiding behind your lack of exposure to Queen's English.
comical!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155404 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not contradiction but an act of pedophilia committed by Muhammad, and all the Muslims are ready to minimize the event.
ANOTER CONTRADICTION FROM QURAN
Quran 3:42 3:45
And [mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the worlds.
[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ].
Quran 19:17-19
And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man.
She said, "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you,[so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah ."
He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy."
In the 3rd chapter aforementioned it were many angels to visits Mary and announce her that she will conceive a baby, whilst in the 19th chapter the announcer angel is just one. So how many they were that day? The thousandth contradiction in Quran!
This idiot is so way behind times.
I am sure he will have a mate in george the indian!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155405 Dec 4, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The best example that I can give to show what you are, is as follows:
You are like a donkey laden with books but does not know how to read and understand.
What does 4:152 say? Explain instead of braying!
He really is a donkey!
He also knows nothing about "angels" and Mary!
Let's us give him more rope to help him!
Salaams

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155406 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let us see....
Where is the contradiction?
1. Jews who are the Children of those who rejected Prophet Jesus the messenger of God, but properly follow Judaism as it was BEFORE Prophet Jesus and Prophet Muhammed. They still believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness.
2. Jews who are the Children of those who accepted Prophet Jesus as JUST the messenger of God but NOT God (the disciples for example did exactly that). They still believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness. Their "religion" was practised BEFORE prophet Muhammed.
3. Others who accept Jesus as Messenger of God but NOT God and those who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness.
These can be BEFORE or AFTER Muhammed. BEFORE Muhammed they were loosely referred to as "Christians" and AFTER Mhammed they are loosely referred to as Muslims.
4. Quran clearly refers to those who worship Jesus or anything other than God as non-believers even if they believe in the Last Day, and work righteousness.
5. Those who rejected the messengers when sent to them will have to explain their actions to God at the right place and time.
6. Those who worship a naked man as God or son of God do NOT believe in God. They will have to explain their "faith" to God at the right place and time.
Hope you can work with this.
You were suppossed to explain there is not contradiction but you end up to dodge the problem, being yourself unable to understand and find a solution to those famous verses.

Quran 2:62 clearly tells Christians and Jews will have a nice rewards, while Quran 4150-151 says that who believe in Allah and in some messengers but don't believe in other messengers are called unbelievers and they will receive a harsh punishment.

At the light of this, all the Jews, that after Muhammad passed away, reject Jesus and Muhammad as messengers of god, will they have a nice or bad reward? Why?

All the Christians, that after Muhammad passed away, reject Muhammad as messenger of god, will they have a nice or bad reward? Why?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155407 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
oh really?
why don't you show your knowledge of bible.
Find me a direct quote from Jesus claiming divinity in clear terms.
Go for it punk.
I never said he was/is divine nor that the Bible said so. At the best he was just a human being. In any case you have a poor knowledge of Christian belief. Too bad for a former "priest".
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155408 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You were suppossed to explain there is not contradiction but you end up to dodge the problem, being yourself unable to understand and find a solution to those famous verses.
Quran 2:62 clearly tells Christians and Jews will have a nice rewards, while Quran 4150-151 says that who believe in Allah and in some messengers but don't believe in other messengers are called unbelievers and they will receive a harsh punishment.
At the light of this, all the Jews, that after Muhammad passed away, reject Jesus and Muhammad as messengers of god, will they have a nice or bad reward? Why?
All the Christians, that after Muhammad passed away, reject Muhammad as messenger of god, will they have a nice or bad reward? Why?
Either you have a language and comprehension problem or your IQ needs turbo charging.
I have given the answers that you have just asked for!
Pseudo intellectual Voltaire!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155409 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he was/is divine nor that the Bible said so. At the best he was just a human being. In any case you have a poor knowledge of Christian belief. Too bad for a former "priest".
You are an idiot trying to hide behind your language problems.
Your stupidity is evident from your ill researched challenges taken from anti muslim sites that most of us have tackled successfully several times.
My knowledge of Christianity facilitated my reversion rather swiftly.
Please go talk to kids your age.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155410 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You were suppossed to explain there is not contradiction but you end up to dodge the problem, being yourself unable to understand and find a solution to those famous verses.
Quran 2:62 clearly tells Christians and Jews will have a nice rewards, while Quran 4150-151 says that who believe in Allah and in some messengers but don't believe in other messengers are called unbelievers and they will receive a harsh punishment.
At the light of this, all the Jews, that after Muhammad passed away, reject Jesus and Muhammad as messengers of god, will they have a nice or bad reward? Why?
All the Christians, that after Muhammad passed away, reject Muhammad as messenger of god, will they have a nice or bad reward? Why?
Does anybody take notice of you?
You display a remarkable lack of comprehension.
Just read your comments!
They are so very shallow and very badly researched.
People like you must be packed off to lower kindergarten to re learn your alphabet.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155411 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a clueless fool trying to look clever hiding behind your lack of exposure to Queen's English.
comical!
I don't know where I can find more nonsense if from Quran or in your posts!?

First off, no one has exposed my lack of Queen's English, there was only one fool that for some light typos made a big deal, while himself was not able to follow simple grammar rules.

Second, the Queen's English is not about whether or not a person can write English properly but rather is a kind of accent.

Third, it does not require to be a genius, to know that a non English speakers/a non british citizen does not know to speak the English's Queen. Each post you write down you are getting dumber.

Fourth, why don't you comeback in elementary school and learn grammar rules, because in any of your posts is evident you don't know how to use punctuation marks, nor you know how and when to use the caps. Reading your posts I noted that the flows in your sentences are broken, upsetting therefore the reading and your posts are disorderly, among many flaws you present.

Fifth I noted that both you and George have the same grammar problems, and the weird thing is both of you are from UK, but according to you he's an Indian, and in a way he's justified, while you who claim to british citizen by birth, and you cannot be justified in anyway. So George writes better than you, big time.

I doubt you know to speak English's Queen

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155412 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you have a language and comprehension problem or your IQ needs turbo charging.
I have given the answers that you have just asked for!
Pseudo intellectual Voltaire!
Just admit you are incapable to answer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155413 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot trying to hide behind your language problems.
Your stupidity is evident from your ill researched challenges taken from anti muslim sites that most of us have tackled successfully several times.
My knowledge of Christianity facilitated my reversion rather swiftly.
Please go talk to kids your age.
It's time to take your pills there is not logic link between my posts an your responses.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155414 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where I can find more nonsense if from Quran or in your posts!?
First off, no one has exposed my lack of Queen's English, there was only one fool that for some light typos made a big deal, while himself was not able to follow simple grammar rules.
Second, the Queen's English is not about whether or not a person can write English properly but rather is a kind of accent.
Third, it does not require to be a genius, to know that a non English speakers/a non british citizen does not know to speak the English's Queen. Each post you write down you are getting dumber.
Fourth, why don't you comeback in elementary school and learn grammar rules, because in any of your posts is evident you don't know how to use punctuation marks, nor you know how and when to use the caps. Reading your posts I noted that the flows in your sentences are broken, upsetting therefore the reading and your posts are disorderly, among many flaws you present.
Fifth I noted that both you and George have the same grammar problems, and the weird thing is both of you are from UK, but according to you he's an Indian, and in a way he's justified, while you who claim to british citizen by birth, and you cannot be justified in anyway. So George writes better than you, big time.
I doubt you know to speak English's Queen
"I doubt you know to speak English's Queen"..lol!!
I agree, George, being a wiley fox, has more brains than you!
Look here dear intellectually challenged...please read my response..if you cannot understand it...get an intelligient person to explain it to you.
You will find it spot on.
Now leave us.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155415 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit you are incapable to answer.
Just admit that you are intellectually challenged.
Hiding behind your baby english is pretty cowardly.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155416 Dec 4, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anybody take notice of you?
You display a remarkable lack of comprehension.
Just read your comments!
They are so very shallow and very badly researched.
People like you must be packed off to lower kindergarten to re learn your alphabet.
Learn my alphabet? I don't own any alphabet, little fool. In the kindergarten you are taught the alphabet. And then it's me who displayes a remarkable lack of comprehension. As I told you before I don't know where I can find more nonsese if in Quran or in your posts!?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155417 Dec 4, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time to take your pills there is not logic link between my posts an your responses.
"It's time to take your pills there is not logic link between my posts an your responses."

Do you wish me to correct the above so ordinary mortals might begin to understand you?

You continue to Murder our Queen's language!

Instead of playing clever.....READ and UNDERSTAND my post.

Obviously you are not aware that your English comprehension skill (or lack of it) is letting you down badly, or is your brain too frozen to function properly in winter?
Stick your head in warm water to thaw your brain but please plug your ears to prevent your left over liquid brain from flowing out!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155418 Dec 4, 2012
CORECTION POST #155416

Learn my alphabet? I don't own any alphabet, little fool. In the kindergarten you are NOT taught the alphabet. And then it's me who display remarkable lack of comprehension. As I told you before I don't know where I can find more nonsese if in Quran or in your posts!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web