Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,330)

Showing posts 146,581 - 146,600 of199,421
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
<quoted text>your allah says muslims are the best of manking
man-king is not my God! That aside....
YES, Muslims ARE the Best.
For this purpose Jesus is a Muslim by definition!
Now go find out what "Muslim" means.
You can become a Muslim (ANY human being who submits to the Will of God in peace in search of peace) this instant.
But you cannot become a semitic Jew without blood transfusion and plastic surgery!!
george whyte

Lincoln, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

lol who told you that..your jew hating immam

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
I am off to pray (or should I say bray for you to understand?)
more ?? and more !! and more ..
Seen your qualities I'm not surprised tha you bray, or that you pray braying.

Again, learn how to use punctuation marks properly.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I am not God I will only understand God in terms of my feelings my ability to comprehend logic, dimension, emotion and others, but that does not mean that the creator-God is restricted by those created qualities.
full stop.
The second mistake is that you understand what you call god by using your limits, which is a silly thing to say the least. At this point is better being ignorant about its existence than making things up.

The third mistake is that I wasn't talking about why do you conceive or understand god in terms of your feeling, logic, dimension but rather why the Quran describe the god you believe in as an athropopathic one?

So, let me ask you again, why do you believe in a god that your noble book describe it having human qualities?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

george whyte wrote:
lol who told you that..your jew hating immam
or Your jew hating sadhu?
or the Jew hating priest who knows that Jews killed his God according to Gospels?
Muslims are not worried about any of this nonsense.
Jews did NOT kill Jesus. simple...
you are a saddo who is unable to come clean about his own religion.
keep licking asses...thats what you are fit for.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen your qualities I'm not surprised tha you bray, or that you pray braying.
Again, learn how to use punctuation marks properly.
<quoted text>
The second mistake is that you understand what you call god by using your limits, which is a silly thing to say the least. At this point is better being ignorant about its existence than making things up.
The third mistake is that I wasn't talking about why do you conceive or understand god in terms of your feeling, logic, dimension but rather why the Quran describe the god you believe in as an athropopathic one?
So, let me ask you again, why do you believe in a god that your noble book describe it having human qualities?
First go away and learn some English.
Then you will understand these very simple concepts.
Can you describe the 7th dimension in human terms?
Try it!
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not asking for an explanation of your witty "re-run" remark as I experience it in UK USA and Canada.
My poser was simple..
Who is Allah?
The ONLY God worthy of worship.
Then ask and not tack it on the rebuke of MUQ.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Allah – The Greatest Deceiver of them All
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/allah_...

The Quran describes Allah as the best deceiver there is, a liar who is not above using the same evil and wicked schemes of his opponents.

For example, the Quran calls Allah a makr, in fact the best makr there is:

But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

Other texts that identify Allah as a makr include:

Are they then secure from Allah's deception (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's deception (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99

So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme (Wamakaroo makran wamakarna makran), while they perceived not. S. 27:50

The word for deception/deceiver/scheme is makr. The lexical sources define the term as:

Miim-Kaf-Ra = To practice deceit or guile or circumvention, practice evasion or elusion, to plot, to exercise art or craft or cunning, act with policy, practice stratagem.

Qur'an 4:157 clinches it:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

That is, Allah DECEIVED everyone associated with the ALLEGED crucifiction of Jesus, including Mary, who had no idea that her son was still alive, somewhere.

He could have told her, but the Qur'an makes no mention of it, so IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
First go away and learn some English.
Then you will understand these very simple concepts.
Can you describe the 7th dimension in human terms?
Try it!
There you go with Straw man fallacy.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with Straw man fallacy.
Dont waste your time with this Alexia guy. This convert quotes the Bible like a banshee but when it comes to the Koran, he is a complete dud. I doubt if he has ever read the Koran.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

LOL!
10 th LIGHT HORSE WA

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
ANY CONTRADICTION?
Let's give a look to the quranic verses 2:62 and 4:150-151 to verify whether or not there is contradiction.
Quran 2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
Quran 4:150-151
Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.
If the above translations are correct we do read that in Quran 2:62 Christians and Jews, ect will have a good reward, paradise, whilst Quran 4:150-151 says that those who believe in some prophets and reject others will have a harsh punishment.
The reality is that Christians and Jews reject Muhammad's claim, that according to Quran, he's a prophet of god. That means they will have a bad punishment, as said in Quran 4:150-151 but Quran 2:61 says they will have a good reward, for the simple reason they are Christians and Jews.
The two verses are in obvious contradiction.
Bit of a contradiction about old Muhummad sticking it to Aeisha at 9 yrs old if you know what I mean
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem!
Allah has always been there mr. clever boy.
The "Christian" worship a man called Jesus (idol worship)believing him to be YhWh.
Now what does that tell you?
Imagine if in a few thousand years time YhWh is not worshipped by the non-gentiles, and then suddenly one pious non-gentile brings YhWh back into play, will you say that even "idolators" believed in YhHh?
I hope you understand a bit of theology put in laymen's terms.
I don't wish to confuse you with churchy jargon!
Good mental health.
All Jews and Christians believe in Allah and the last day. They just dont accept Mohammad as an apostle of God. Allah is just another name for god.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, deep breath. Inhale, exhale.
MUQ has posted the entire Gospel of Barnabas twice before. He is starting again. He complains when others cut and paste, but sees nothing wrong with taking up two panels with stuff he has posted twice before.
In the US for a long time the Summer was a time for TV re-runs. Since then, summer re-runs has been a colloquialism for repeating one self over and over. MUQ meets that hands down.
What is wrong if I repost it again? How much of the "earlier post" do you remember?

I do it just to register "my presence" on the thread. That I am watching the exchanges. Otherwise people might think that I am not present.

I do not like "perpetual discussions" as other people do posting hundreds and thousands of posts and then go back to "Square Zero"!!

I there fore start another book and post one or two pages per day so people can read and think and comment (those who follow the subject).

And I feel there is nothing wrong in it.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas- Part-0 (Introduction)(Contd.)

G. How the Manuscript of this Gospel was discovered: That is in itself a very interesting topic, I will mention a few details. Mention of Gospel of Barnabas is mentioned in many old books, it was included in the list of Banned Books issued by Pope in 5th Century CE.

1. In 1709 CE, One Mr. Kramer, who was attached to the court of King of Prussia , got a copy of this Gospel of Barnabas written in Old Italian language. He got it from a wealthy man of Amsterdam who valued it highly. Kramer presented this as a gift to Prince Eugene, from there it reached to Royal Library in Vienna and is still present there.

2. Then in early 18th Century, Dr, Helman got another copy of this Gospel in Spanish language, which was the translation of that Old Italian manuscript. This was seen by famous Orientalist George Sale, who has quoted something from it, in his English translation of Quran.

3. Translation from Italic to Spanish was done by Mr. Mustafa Aranady, who wrote an introduction detailing as to how the Italian Copy of GOB was discovered. It is a really interesting story in itself.

4. It transpires that sometimes in 16th Century, Father Framerino got some letters of Bishop Areneous, in one of them, he criticized Paul in no uncertain terms, and mentioned that Gospel of Barnabas shows the real position of St. Paul. From that time, father Frameriono was on the look out for this Gospel.

5. Somehow he got very close to Pope Sextus –V , and one day he visited the Pope’s library in Vatican. It so happened that Pope fell asleep and Framerino started looking at books in the Library waiting for Pope to wake up.

6. The first book which he took was Old Italian Translation of Gospel of Barnabas. Frameriono smuggled it out from the library hiding it in his sleeves. That was how the world came to know about the existence of This Gospel.

7. The Spanish manuscript of GOB is no more available, but those who have seen both Italian and Spanish copies (for example , Dr. Hewitt in 1784) mentioned that except slight mistranslations at one or two places, Italian and Spanish copies are more or less same.

8. So what we have before us is the Old Italian Manuscript of GOB, from which it has been translated into English, Arabic and other world languages.

It was indeed a miracle of God, that despite so many hands bend upon its destruction, GOB some how survived and is in our hands.

H. Accusations that this Gospel is 16th Century Forgery:

1. The sole basis of this objection is that it its Ch. 82 V 18, there is a statement that “Jubilee year which comes now in every 100 years, Messiah will make it annual feast”.

2. Christians say that only period in which Jubilee year was celebrated in 100 years was only between 1300-1350, so its writer must be of around that period. If we take that as sole basis for checking authenticity of this book, then we should use the same standard to check other Biblical books also. We find so many times mentioned in biblical books, that this village was known in old times as this, or till our time, such and such things are happening.

3. It is clear that some translator would have added this note while translating the manuscript, as they justify about such sentences in other biblical books.(Contd.)
Greg

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

george whyte wrote:
your allah says muslims are the best of manking
I checked the verse it doesnt mention "muslims" at all. YOU are the best of mankind, on the condition that you promote righteousness AND prevent evil among society. Sounds good.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Just give me your interpretation of the line below. Please note that the word "messengers" is in plural form according to all translations available.

4:150 - Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers,.....
What is there to interpret?

Of course, the word messenger IS in PLURAL.

Anyway, I will try my best to do an exegesis of that line.

THOSE refers to the people, who DO NOT believe in Allah and it also refers to people, who also DO NOT believe in the MESSENGERS, who were sent by Allah.

And what does 4:152 say? Please try to explain.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more easy to make understand an issue to an ass than to bmz.
In other posts you and him have affirmed that in the past you used to talk about it, many times, and the result was he ignored the evident contradiction. In his last post he asked you to re-quote the quranic verses you cited, to give you his explication, but we know it was enough to go one pagine back or take them directly from internet, he didn't. That should tell you he's a time waster and not sincere person.

In my humble opinion you should give up any confrontation with him, being himself a person unable to face any problem related to his religion.
The best example that I can give to show what you are, is as follows:

You are like a donkey laden with books but does not know how to read and understand.

What does 4:152 say? Explain instead of braying!
zmb

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

and fckface mohammad flew to jerusalem on al-buraq thinking the was a muslim colony....f. him and f. islam.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong if I repost it again? How much of the "earlier post" do you remember?
I do it just to register "my presence" on the thread. That I am watching the exchanges. Otherwise people might think that I am not present.
I do not like "perpetual discussions" as other people do posting hundreds and thousands of posts and then go back to "Square Zero"!!
I there fore start another book and post one or two pages per day so people can read and think and comment (those who follow the subject).
And I feel there is nothing wrong in it.
Actually I remember quite a bit--at least enough to know that you posted it twice before.

So, the truth be known. You post and repost and repost merely to get attention. It is narcissism on your part.

You don't want comment or discussion on what you post. Anytime someone comments on what you post you tell them to take it up with the author.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case it would be best for you and your friends to "ignore" my posts, same way I do about most of your posts.
These threads are a bit like bulletin boards. Different people post their messages, Those interested comment, others ignore.
A good time is had by all concerned!!
Why you become so serious? Are most of the posts serious?
Again, you don't want comment. Anytime someone comments you tell them to take it up with the author. You post on a take it or leave it basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,581 - 146,600 of199,421
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Sun Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
Oldest case of Down's syndrome from medieval Fr... Jul 4 Nulli Secubdus 1
•••
•••