Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 226014 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155336 Dec 2, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right. Dont bother trying because you and I have discussed this before and the contradiction was never solved. So let Qadir it a shot.
I have already done that. There is no contradiction as the topics discussed are different matters and you keep on failing to understand that.
bmz

Singapore

#155337 Dec 2, 2012
Truthsayer777 wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017/Sa lvation...
The One & Only True God!
From your link:

"CONDITION #4: Call upon the Lord."

Who is this Lord in above? The LORD God Almighty or Jesus?
Mahmood

Canada

#155339 Dec 3, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already done that. There is no contradiction as the topics discussed are different matters and you keep on failing to understand that.
No you have not done it. You totally misinterpreted 4:150-151 and I pointed that out to you. Your arrogance/embarrassment forbade you from admitting that you were wrong - that was the problem.

Would you like to go through the verses line by line?
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#155340 Dec 3, 2012
Loyjas wrote:
Allah is the god-hashem of the jews of israel. Muslims have no god or fear of god allah. The muslim god allah is the sword, it goes back to ishmael where his aim in life was to live by the sword. Since ishmael the arabs have lived by the sword, murder, slaughter,theft and deviations is the norm and that's what arabs live by.
the Torah was offered to bnei Esau and bnei Ishmael before bnei Israel reluctantly accepted it, "YHWH came from Sinai, arose from Seir, and shone from Paran" (Deut 33:2)

"The Holy One offered the Torah to the children of Esau on Mt Seir 'Do you accept the Law: Thou shalt not murder?' They answered 'How can we when our father Esau was already blessed:'By your sword you shall live'(Gen 27:40).
Then He offerred it to the children of Ishmael on Mt Paran 'Do you accept the Law: Thou shalt not steal?' They answered 'How can we when it was our fathers who stole Joseph:'I was stolen from the land of Hebrews (Gen 40:15)" (Pirke de R.Eliezer; Mekhilta de R.Ishmael)

IOW, Edomites/Christians are born murderers, Ishmaelites/Muslims are born thieves
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155341 Dec 3, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Eric has History to back himself up
You have nothing.
And by the way - to add to Erics account - In 1948 Palestine was legally administered by the British who essentially won it from the Ottoman. They decided they wanted out and went to the UN to grant it statehood.
That is very different from the legal status of Palestine now. The occupied territories are not Palestinian, they are actually Jordanian conquests now conquested by Israel. Remember pre67?(probably not as you are too young). It was JORDANIAN.
The upshot of all of this is that a state is not decided by the UN. All they can do is recognize one ONCE the parties FIRST agree to it. That is way, at the end of the day, the vote last week was meaningless.
Jordanian conquests!
What if Iran chooses to do some conquests of tel aviv....we can't have that!
What if Iran is threatened by the nuclear weapons of the thieves and makes a legitimate claim to protect itself?
Where will all this lead?
The thieves are good at making up stories.
If you are threeatened...you take over lands! Nice one!!

When will people understand that thieves have handed over their loot to thieves.

We (Brits before that Turks...)stole Palestine and then handed over the loot to a bunch of thieves (European ashkenazi majority)who have no legitimate right to the land.

What real right have these thieves got?

Why only these thieves are given such rights while there is not a single community in the world that has such right?

When thieves take over other people's land, how do they prove their right? Blood test?

There are many races and tribes who have been displaced over thousands of years.

How many of them can write themselves books to convince others of their rights?

Can hindus stake claim to Afghanistan as many Brahmins came from there!!

Can Welsh take over london? All they need to do is to write themselves a religious book with a "slave god" who promises them london because ancient britons may have been living in anglia!!!
The occupants of palestine have no blood rights as most of them are from centraol/eastern europe.

They can only settle in small numbers (NOT millions from anywhere as long as they can say they are non gentiles!) if they can prove persecution.

If these non gentiles want to live in palestine, then they must not live elsewhere because their original fake claim is to move lock stock and barrel to palestine to escape Christian persecution.
But now the Christians and anti-gentiles are as thick as thieves thus obviating the need for these anti-gentiles to relocate.
All a bunch of lies and they claim legitimacy of illegitimacy.
True God will one day punish liars.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155342 Dec 3, 2012
Eric wrote:
It must be summer. The reruns are starting.
Who is Allah?
Your God and my God.
THe pure God who does not favour one race or tribe but all humans.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155343 Dec 3, 2012
ANY CONTRADICTION?

Let's give a look to the quranic verses 2:62 and 4:150-151 to verify whether or not there is contradiction.

Quran 2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Quran 4:150-151
Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.

If the above translations are correct we do read that in Quran 2:62 Christians and Jews, ect will have a good reward, paradise, whilst Quran 4:150-151 says that those who believe in some prophets and reject others will have a harsh punishment.

The reality is that Christians and Jews reject Muhammad's claim, that according to Quran, he's a prophet of god. That means they will have a bad punishment, as said in Quran 4:150-151 but Quran 2:61 says they will have a good reward, for the simple reason they are Christians and Jews.

The two verses are in obvious contradiction.
bmz

Singapore

#155344 Dec 3, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
No you have not done it. You totally misinterpreted 4:150-151 and I pointed that out to you. Your arrogance/embarrassment forbade you from admitting that you were wrong - that was the problem.
Would you like to go through the verses line by line?
SURE!

Please quote the two verses again. It is either your lack of comprehension or ignorance, that keep[s you confused. I will try to help again.

Neither I am never wrong nor the Qur'aan is.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155345 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
ANY CONTRADICTION?
Let's give a look to the quranic verses 2:62 and 4:150-151 to verify whether or not there is contradiction.
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.
If the above translations are correct we do read that in Quran 2:62 Christians and Jews, ect will have a good reward, paradise, whilst Quran 4:150-151 says that those who believe in some prophets and reject others will have a harsh punishment.
The reality is that Christians and Jews reject Muhammad's claim, that according to Quran, he's a prophet of god. That means they will have a bad punishment, as said in Quran 4:150-151 but Quran 2:61 says they will have a good reward, for the simple reason they are Christians and Jews.
All Jews by faith reject the Christian mangod and see "Christians" as Idolators.

Some Christians "think" they worship the Jewish god in the form of a man.

The Jews reject Christian claims not because they reject God but because they reject the man as their Prophet/Messenger.

If they reject the Jesus the Messenger of God they could be in trouble but not in as much trouble as those who worship Jesus the Messenger as their mangod!!!

The answer is simple.
There can only be ONE God.
That God will NEVER be tribal, racist, bigoted anti-gentile minigod or a human version of that minigod.

Therefore, Allah is the true God.

Location hidden

#155346 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
All Jews by faith reject the Christian mangod and see "Christians" as Idolators.
The Jews reject Christian claims not because they reject God but because they reject the man as their Prophet/Messenger.
If they reject the Jesus the Messenger of God they could be in trouble but not in as much trouble as those who worship Jesus the Messenger as their mangod!!!
The answer is simple.
That God will NEVER be tribal, racist, bigoted anti-gentile minigod or a human version of that minigod.
But still the two verses are in contradictions.

As for your last sentence how can Allah be the true god if he's a anthropopatic one, to say something?
Mahmood

Vaughan, Canada

#155347 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
ANY CONTRADICTION?
Good job Stefano. At least you are smart enough to see the contradiction.
Mahmood

Vaughan, Canada

#155348 Dec 3, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
SURE!
Please quote the two verses again. It is either your lack of comprehension or ignorance, that keep[s you confused. I will try to help again.
Neither I am never wrong nor the Qur'aan is.
Just give me your interpretation of the line below. Please note that the word "messengers" is in plural form according to all translations available.

4:150 - Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers,.....
Mahmood

Vaughan, Canada

#155349 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple.
Even pagans believed in "Allah". Mohammad's father's name was Abdullah meaning Slave of Allah.

Location hidden

#155350 Dec 3, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Just give me your interpretation of the line below. Please note that the word "messengers" is in plural form according to all translations available.
4:150 - Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers,.....
It's more easy to make understand an issue to an ass than to bmz.

In other posts you and him have affirmed that in the past you used to talk about it, many times, and the result was he ignored the evident contradiction. In his last post he asked you to re-quote the quranic verses you cited, to give you his explication, but we know it was enough to go one pagine back or take them directly from internet, he didn't. That should tell you he's a time waster and not sincere person.

In my humble opinion you should give up any confrontation with him, being himself a person unable to face any problem related to his religion.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155351 Dec 3, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Even pagans believed in "Allah". Mohammad's father's name was Abdullah meaning Slave of Allah.
Not a problem!
Allah has always been there mr. clever boy.
The "Christian" worship a man called Jesus (idol worship)believing him to be YhWh.
Now what does that tell you?
Imagine if in a few thousand years time YhWh is not worshipped by the non-gentiles, and then suddenly one pious non-gentile brings YhWh back into play, will you say that even "idolators" believed in YhHh?
I hope you understand a bit of theology put in laymen's terms.
I don't wish to confuse you with churchy jargon!
Good mental health.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155352 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more easy to make understand an issue to an ass than to bmz.
That is correct in my humble opinion!
BMZ is a human being and you are talking your asinine language suitable only to asses.
Therefore, we have a comms prob!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155353 Dec 3, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job Stefano. At least you are smart enough to see the contradiction.
you still haven't understood it.
I think you are struggling to comprehend something very simple by looking for a complicated answer!
There is no contradiction.
This is not the thread for it..but still there is no contradiction.
I have given the answer to stephano but he did not understand it!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155354 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But still the two verses are in contradictions.
As for your last sentence how can Allah be the true god if he's a anthropopatic one, to say something?
There is no contradiction and please read my note again.
Did you mean anthropopathic?
What is your interpretation of it..and how do you assume Allah is that!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#155355 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple.
Alex---The Jews reject Christian claims not because they reject God but because they reject the man as their Prophet/Messenger

HughBe--- I take it that by Jews you mean JUDAITES or members of Judaism. I know that this is what you mean because I am confident that that you are aware that there are many Jews who have REJECTED ALL gods.

How can a person know that they have not rejected God?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#155356 Dec 3, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex---The Jews reject Christian claims not because they reject God but because they reject the man as their Prophet/Messenger
HughBe--- I take it that by Jews you mean JUDAITES or members of Judaism. I know that this is what you mean because I am confident that that you are aware that there are many Jews who have REJECTED ALL gods.
How can a person know that they have not rejected God?
There he goes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From riches to ruins: Ancient Greeks 'stored mi... Jul 1 SpaceBlues 1
News Mummified Remains Found in Indiana Jun 29 wichita-rick 6
News El Paso Museum of Archaeology trails need repair Jun 29 eyes of texas 1
News Islamic State Group Blows up 2 Mausoleums in Sy... Jun 26 Mawar 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jun 20 Frankie Lucas 1,972
News Before us, the Chickasaw: Their history is ofte... Jun 20 Different times 1
News LBL managers working on plans, seeking input on... (Jun '10) Jun 13 Just Sayin 2
More from around the web