Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256619 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154861 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they will because they were actually founded by Israel to work against PLO. Are you aware of the origins of Hamas? They will work with their 'founding fathers' on that.
Israel can stay within the borders assigned by the UN but Zionism has to go, Buford.
Zionists must give up the idea of a Greater Israel or expansion. It is not possible at all. Imagine Israel grabbing Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. How can six million Israelis control millons of people?
Israel will become a Muslim state within the first election. Right?
\

The demographic argument was all the rage a few years ago. It has been thoroughly debunked. Arab birth rates and Jewish birth rates are basically the same.

And every poll within Israel proper has indicated that the Israeli Arabs do not want to risk joining a Palestinian state. They know a good thing when they see it.

Do you really think Hamas is a Zionist plot?
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154862 Nov 25, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Even if Israel were shrunk to the size of Tel Aviv, the Hamastanians wouldn't accept the existence of the "Zionist Entity."
Thomas Friedman (who is a liberal...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/opinion/sun...

"...Israel left all of Gaza in 2005, and Hamas had a choice: It could recognize Israel, have an open border and import computers, or it could continue to deny Israel’s existence, keep the border sealed, and smuggle in rockets. It chose rockets over computers.

With each rocket that lands near Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, another Israeli says,“How can we possibly let go of the West Bank and risk our airport being shut down?” That is just what Hamas and Iran want — a permanent, grinding, democracy-eroding, legitimacy-destroying, globally isolating Israeli occupation of the West Bank — and they are very happy to use the Palestinian people as a human sacrifice for that goal...."
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154863 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
You may not know that even the Israeli communities/settlements are connected with roads that bypass the Arab communities, who are not even allowed to use them, even though they have full Israeli citizenship. Are you aware of this?
.
Yes, unlike you and 100% of the muslim posters here, I have actually been to these areas and have spent time there.

Not that occupation is 100% correct, but lets have some perspective.....
-Compare the economy of the "occupied" west bank with "free" Gaza.
-Compare the Israelis treatment of the palestinians with the treatment of the Syrian governent of their OWN people.
-Compare the human rights of Arabs in the west bank with the human rights of Arabs in just about ANY muslim country.

And you are worried about security roads?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154865 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>\
The demographic argument was all the rage a few years ago. It has been thoroughly debunked. Arab birth rates and Jewish birth rates are basically the same.

And every poll within Israel proper has indicated that the Israeli Arabs do not want to risk joining a Palestinian state. They know a good thing when they see it.

Do you really think Hamas is a Zionist plot?
I wasn't discussing that at all. I wrote this about the Zionists, who believe in expansion of Israel, which can never happen:

"Zionists must give up the idea of a Greater Israel or expansion.

It is not possible at all. Imagine Israel grabbing Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. How can six million Israelis control millons of people?

Israel will become a Muslim state within the first election. Right?"

So, Israel has to remain in the boundaries assigned. It cannot expand.

The current Hamas org is not a Zionist plot. It was founded by the Israeli government in the beginning to counter PLO. It is an investment gone wrong.

I agree that the native Israeli Arabs do not want to join a Palestinian state.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154866 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, unlike you and 100% of the muslim posters here, I have actually been to these areas and have spent time there.

Not that occupation is 100% correct, but lets have some perspective.....
-Compare the economy of the "occupied" west bank with "free" Gaza.
-Compare the Israelis treatment of the palestinians with the treatment of the Syrian governent of their OWN people.

-Compare the human rights of Arabs in the west bank with the human rights of Arabs in just about ANY muslim country.

And you are worried about security roads?
You might have been there but I don't think you saw what we have seen through unbiased Media reports. I don't think you even went into the segregated areas to see.

You cracked me up, Frijoles. The treatment of Palestinians by israel is far more horrible than any others. I have seen 'excellent' videos on the horrible treatment of Israeli Arabs by Israel and the IDF. It is not good.

Syria has always treated her citizens well. It is now a victim of FSA, which is a band of crooks, renegades and other terrorist groups, who are being helped by the US, the EU and the Arab despots. I hope the Free Syrian Army and the crooks are completely destroyed soon.

Syrian is like the 'Last Mohican' of the Arab world.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154867 Nov 25, 2012
@ Frijoles

Here is the link to the article that I was talking about.

it is an interested read.

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2002/2915osl...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154868 Nov 25, 2012
@ Frijoles

Have you really watched this great video from the son of an Israeli General?

&fe ature=related

Please let me know if you consider that the man is telling the truth or he is lying. Thanks
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154869 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria has always treated her citizens well. It is now a victim of FSA, which is a band of crooks, renegades and other terrorist groups, who are being helped by the US, the EU and the Arab despots. I hope the Free Syrian Army and the crooks are completely destroyed soon.
Syrian is like the 'Last Mohican' of the Arab world.
Speaking of cracking people up.

I guess bombing your own people is an expression of love in your culture
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#154870 Nov 25, 2012
Does Hamas lie when they claim to be Palestinians or when they claim not to be Palestinians??
&li st=UUGbwldSHniKqA52cYgdOehg
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154871 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of cracking people up.
I guess bombing your own people is an expression of love in your culture
No, not true. It has nothing to do with culture. It has to do with politics. Even Pakistan is bombing her own people in the tribal belts for the love of US and the Nato. Right? Of course, the US is bombing and firing missiles using drones, not out of love. That is her war on others.

The US and the UK bombed the people of Iraq ruthlessly for no valid reason. Was it love or anger or hate?

It is all politics. No nation wants to bomb her own people. In Syria's case, the rebels are crooks and and miserable Bs. Since they have taken up arms against the government, they should be destroyed. One cannot say that all of them are Syria's own people.

The Saudi king, the Emir of Qatar and other despots have sent in their fighters and mercenaries.

So, the order of the day is to kill. If not, then be killed. I hope Syria succeeds in finishing the crooks.

Russia and China undesrtand what is going on in Syria, hence the brakes!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154872 Nov 25, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
Does Hamas lie when they claim to be Palestinians or when they claim not to be Palestinians?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r1l5mRP_fzwXX&list=UUGbwl dSHniKqA52cYgdOehg
Hello, SS

I never trust any video or information from MEMRI. Besides Israel and Hamas, that organization is also a liar. MEMRI is notoriously famous for creating such videos.

When two enemies quarrel, lies multiply through accusations and in my view, both Israel and Hamas engage in lies. While Israel lies with eloquence, Hamas lies in crude style.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154873 Nov 25, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: G-D does not, give allowances to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
and in fact, you would be astonished. supprized to discover, the precision and repeatable physical control. that G-D has over this, whole physical world. and that even muslem killing muslem, is precisely controled by G-D'S judgement.
all pestilence, plague and famine, for six full days is all G-D'S judgement. as the anitchrists, convince you. not to worry about, even giving your naighbors with cancer. when disbelief in G-D, is the cause of those plagues. and right now it says your not! doing a good job loving your neighbors.
so no, i would not change the word authorize for allow. all physical events, are under G-D'S precise control. free will, is only our mental control.
Rabbee---: G-D does not, give allowances to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.

HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind. I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.

Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S precise control

HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154874 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have been there but I don't think you saw what we have seen through unbiased Media reports. I don't think you even went into the segregated areas to see.
You cracked me up, Frijoles. The treatment of Palestinians by israel is far more horrible than any others. I have seen 'excellent' videos on the horrible treatment of Israeli Arabs by Israel and the IDF. It is not good.
Syria has always treated her citizens well. It is now a victim of FSA, which is a band of crooks, renegades and other terrorist groups, who are being helped by the US, the EU and the Arab despots. I hope the Free Syrian Army and the crooks are completely destroyed soon.
Syrian is like the 'Last Mohican' of the Arab world.
rabbee: oh yeah let's just ignore, it is G-D'S involvement. so that muslems, can try to make themselves look good in their own hallways. and disbelieve that G-D, hates all of you as his enemies here in TheTorah.

and that your excuses, that men are capable of doing this. is sooo, totaly lame. when nobody on earth, is smart enough and powerful enough, to even be the cause of sending global warming.

or that any man, can send pestilence, plague and famine to this whole world. that's just, plain vain arrogant stupidity. face the facts, that G-D don't don't like athiests, agnostics, muslems, christians, jews and other critter pagans today.

this because you have all given your free will, to hasatan, baal hamolech, or halooseefer today. and have been, for quite some time. this because you all, not even intrested in what story TheG-D of only TheTorah is giving. resulting in you all, under the critter authority of the subtle beasts of the fields.

so do not tell me, that G-D does not have. the power and authority to be giving TheTorah again here in IT today. and that you have all become, a hinderance of true learning with G-D, here and now in TheTorah.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154875 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee---: G-D does not, give allowances to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind. I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.
Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S precise control
HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.
rabbee: no! i would say, that G-D is doing a great job of hating all of his enemies. or THEY wound not of sent, hasatan, baal hamolech, or halooseefer to help you all. for your all, rebelling against HIM. so G-D handed you over, for your lack free will mental control. as you all forgot WHO is really in charge, for six full days. so you could all ignore, all the warning signs of G-D being angry at you all. because your all on the side, of the talking critters. and not on TheSide of G-D, as people.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154876 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee---: G-D does not, give allowances to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind. I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.
Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S precise control
HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154885 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not true. It has nothing to do with culture. It has to do with politics. Even Pakistan is bombing her own people in the tribal belts for the love of US and the Nato. Right? Of course, the US is bombing and firing missiles using drones, not out of love. That is her war on others.
The US and the UK bombed the people of Iraq ruthlessly for no valid reason. Was it love or anger or hate?
It is all politics. No nation wants to bomb her own people. In Syria's case, the rebels are crooks and and miserable Bs. Since they have taken up arms against the government, they should be destroyed. One cannot say that all of them are Syria's own people.
The Saudi king, the Emir of Qatar and other despots have sent in their fighters and mercenaries.
So, the order of the day is to kill. If not, then be killed. I hope Syria succeeds in finishing the crooks.
Russia and China undesrtand what is going on in Syria, hence the brakes!
You still dont get it.

Here in America, when we bomb Iraq or sanction the bombing of Pakistan we KNOW it is war. We dont sugar coat it. We dont deny it.

You, on the other hand, pretend that the Syrian government is a benevolent caretaker.

No wonder you side with the Palestinian terrorists. Your entire moral universe is warped.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154886 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, SS
I never trust any video or information from MEMRI. Besides Israel and Hamas, that organization is also a liar. MEMRI is notoriously famous for creating such videos.
When two enemies quarrel, lies multiply through accusations and in my view, both Israel and Hamas engage in lies. While Israel lies with eloquence, Hamas lies in crude style.
Creating false equivalencies again. Did you know that in Israel, there is something called free speech?
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154888 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
@ Frijoles
Have you really watched this great video from the son of an Israeli General?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oCKWDarNdGwXX&feature=rel ated
Please let me know if you consider that the man is telling the truth or he is lying. Thanks
Has it EVER occurred to you that a video entitled:
"Jewish Man Exposes Israel's Lies"
just might be a little little little little little biased?

moving on....

Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#154889 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
@ Frijoles
Here is the link to the article that I was talking about.
it is an interested read.
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2002/2915osl...
"U.S. Presidential pre-candidate Lyndon LaRouche forecast prophetically..."

Sorry, I had a hard time recovering after reading that...almost peed in my pants.....

I hope you also appreciated that article as humor as well.

(if you dont know who LaRouche was, lets just say he is a kindred spirit of Septic..)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#154905 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still dont get it.

Here in America, when we bomb Iraq or sanction the bombing of Pakistan we KNOW it is war. We dont sugar coat it. We dont deny it.

You, on the other hand, pretend that the Syrian government is a benevolent caretaker.

No wonder you side with the Palestinian terrorists. Your entire moral universe is warped.
No, actually, you don't get it.

America knows well that the days it could bomb nations at will, are gone! America is in a deep quagmire and the current President knows that. That is why, he told off Nethan Yahu to stop any further nonsense and accept the truce. Had Nethan Yahu ordered IDF into Ghaza, it would have been a different story this time. Things are not the same.

Let us compare the Egyptians, who protested and spent days in the Tahrir Square, with the Syrians. No armed men and gangsters were allowed in by the protesters. There were no freedom fighters. Nothing! Only people, who toppled the puppet Mubarak.

In the case of Syria, people protested. Gangsters, crooks and terrorists joined in and started fighting against the Syrian Police and soldiers. That is when the Syrian army started. I am not even a supporter of Asad and I do not consider any Arab leader benevolent to his people.

Syria is the most secular state among all the Arab states and far more civil than others. And the ignorant Western leaders in cahoot with their Arab partners, want to destroy it and have puppets installed.

And the West is supporting the hooligans, crooks, terrorists and these miserable Bs.

Neither do I support Palestinians nor do I support the Israelis. I am on record here for saying that both the Palestinians and the Israelis are bloody fools. Both are from the same stock and yet cannot sit down and talk it out.

I consider both the Israelis and the Palestinians as terrorists. Israel is a terrorist state and no one can deny this fact.

Frijoles, go to Ghaza, put a rag on your head and just get close to the border fence. Do not say anything. Just throw a few stones at the fence. Keep walking and throwing stones and you will be fired upon by IDF terrorists for throwing stones.

There was a time, when I was a strong proponent of the idea that Muslim states should recognize Israel and I used to incur the wrath of fellow Muslims. Now, I feel that Israel should be ignored as if it does not exist. This regime has to go and the Zionists also have to go.

Even my close and dear Jewish friends, who live in Israel and travel, tell me that Israel's behavior to her own Arabs, is bad. Policies are wrong and Israelis' minds have been brainwashed from childhood to hate Arabs and the Muslims. They themselves find it revulsive.

Did you watch the you-tube link that I gave you? The Israeli General's son spoke the truth. I believe him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... 22 hr kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan '17 Wally Hope 4
More from around the web