Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,317

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154700 Nov 20, 2012
John Doe wrote:
Historians say that pre-Islamic Arabs worshipped the moon-god by bowing in prayer toward Mecca several times a day. They would also make a pilgrimage to Mecca, run around the Kabah seven times and throw stones at the devil. And they fasted for one month, which began with the appearance of the crescent moon and ended when the crescent moon reappeared.
These same rites form the core of Islam today: Muslims bow in prayer toward Mecca; they make a pilgrimage to Mecca and run around the Kabah seven times; and they still throw stones at the devil. They also observe the fast of Ramadan, which begins and ends with the crescent moon.
Moreover, the ancient symbol of the pagan moon-god, the crescent moon, is the official symbol of Islam; it appears on the flags of Muslim countries, as well as on the tops of mosques and minarets everywhere."
A prove muslims are in fact pagans, worshiping one of the pagan gods.
Another hint about the paganism of Islam is that it when it took parts of the Bible and Torah, it changed the the content of these scriptures. Thus in fact not only adding new 'knowledge' but also changing the old!
The Bible took the Old Testament from the Torah, WITHOUT CHANGING THE CONTENT...because Christians know it is in fact the Word of God and it is not corrupted. God does not send out twice his Word and let it be changed both times...
Another hint. All the prophets in the Bible and Torah came from the midst of the chosen people, the Jews...but Prophet Mohammed has no linkage to them...while the Quran admits that they are the chosen people.
According Quran prophets and their followers BEFORE Prophet Mohammed were already Muslim and were following Islam. They supposedly already called themselves Muslim and their religion Islam...but not ONE historian, whether muslim or non-muslim, recorded such 'muslim communities'. In fact there were no Muslim historians in those days. The only book that supports this claim is the same book that made this claim, namely the Quran.
Christians know...before Jesus there were no Christians, we don't even make such claims. And we acknowledge all Jewish scriptures to be true, from God and unchanged.
These are some of the hints of Islam being a pagan religion.
Duh, John Doe.

bmz

Singapore

#154701 Nov 20, 2012
Buford wrote:
The Doctrine of the Perfect Man (Al-Insan al-Kamil) and its Significance Today
http://www.israinternational.com/the-perfect-...
Excerpt:
However, there are human beings, such as the Prophet Muhammad, and other prophets and saints, who have achieved the Perfect State and reflect the divine qualities. By observing and emulating the example of such individuals, particularly the prophet, we can work on correcting our own flaws and embodying the divine characteristics that we innately possess.

Were they members of the Dead Jewish Poets' Society ? lol!

bmz

Singapore

#154702 Nov 20, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in disagreement with you. But in the case of BMZ my focus is slightly to the side of this. I am trying to get him to understand that his objection to Hamas should not only be on the basis of their religion, but on the basis that Hamas is anti-human. BMZ is basically saying that it is alright to be anti-human, just leave Islam out of it. I am going deeper than that, and asking him to understand the anti-humanity for what it is. Once he does, he can apply it as he likes.
No, you cannot say that Hamas is anti-human. The same can be said of Israel too.

I condemn their Charter because they bring Islam into it and that is not right. It is an Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

I have never suggested that it is alright to be anti-human. You are wrong there.

If you wish to put it that way, then let us be honest and agree that Israel has never been humane and is anti-human. The world has seen Israel's barbarity against an opponent, who does not have military might.

bmz

Singapore

#154703 Nov 20, 2012
John Doe wrote:
Historians say that pre-Islamic Arabs worshipped the moon-god by bowing in prayer toward Mecca several times a day. They would also make a pilgrimage to Mecca, run around the Kabah seven times and throw stones at the devil. And they fasted for one month, which began with the appearance of the crescent moon and ended when the crescent moon reappeared.
These same rites form the core of Islam today: Muslims bow in prayer toward Mecca; they make a pilgrimage to Mecca and run around the Kabah seven times; and they still throw stones at the devil. They also observe the fast of Ramadan, which begins and ends with the crescent moon.
Moreover, the ancient symbol of the pagan moon-god, the crescent moon, is the official symbol of Islam; it appears on the flags of Muslim countries, as well as on the tops of mosques and minarets everywhere."
A prove muslims are in fact pagans, worshiping one of the pagan gods.
Another hint about the paganism of Islam is that it when it took parts of the Bible and Torah, it changed the the content of these scriptures. Thus in fact not only adding new 'knowledge' but also changing the old!
The Bible took the Old Testament from the Torah, WITHOUT CHANGING THE CONTENT...because Christians know it is in fact the Word of God and it is not corrupted. God does not send out twice his Word and let it be changed both times...
Another hint. All the prophets in the Bible and Torah came from the midst of the chosen people, the Jews...but Prophet Mohammed has no linkage to them...while the Quran admits that they are the chosen people.
According Quran prophets and their followers BEFORE Prophet Mohammed were already Muslim and were following Islam. They supposedly already called themselves Muslim and their religion Islam...but not ONE historian, whether muslim or non-muslim, recorded such 'muslim communities'. In fact there were no Muslim historians in those days. The only book that supports this claim is the same book that made this claim, namely the Quran.
Christians know...before Jesus there were no Christians, we don't even make such claims. And we acknowledge all Jewish scriptures to be true, from God and unchanged.
These are some of the hints of Islam being a pagan religion.
John Doe, you Christians worship timber, the Cross built by Roman pagans. lol!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154704 Nov 20, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam--that G-D hates HIS enemies.
HughBe--- You also said "WHO knows kindness for thousands [of generations] to those who love ME and observe MY commandments"
So what if the enemies of God changed and start to observe His commandmenmts. Would He still hate them?
rabbee: no neither G-D or i, would continue to hate them. just as Moshe, and Avraham, were not true to G-D at first. and i am not about, to hate anyone on a true course with G-D. if i found any, in that direction. even if they are less advanced, or more advanced than i. the direction one is going in, is most important.

and remember according to TheTorah, i had failed at first too. and so it would be, hypocritical of me. to denounce even one, repenting soul. but it would be, hearless of me to not tell the truth. that might result, in stagnation or sadiation.

and i know how hard it is to even, take that first step in the right direction. when all of your worldly instincts, are telling you it is the wrong way. and your going to be going, against the mainstreams. and chances are you are going to be shunned, by the whole world.

even your own family and friend, are most likly to forsake you. this is how and why, i lost my first wife and children. o i still love them, even though they want nothing to do with me. but i had to keep going, i had to know the truth. my curiosity about what G-D said to me, i could no longer resist.

but it was still that second also unexpected visit with G-D. that actually cinched, the knot. i cannot even explain to anyone, the emotions i had after that. i was so angry and yet so much in love, with G-D at the same time. i was like a moth, to a flame. sometimes cursing the flame, but crying because you can't stay away from IT. but you have this unsationable desire, to talk about your LOVE.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154705 Nov 20, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Enjoyed reading that. That is what G-d forgot to give. How come G-d missed that, Rabbee?
rabbee: no i do not believe, that TheG-D WHO gave this to me missed it. this is how G-D, makes me feel included. giving somthing for me, to say. that the whole world, obviously missed seeing.

as i know how hard it is, when your on the other side. to understand, the other side. how difficult it is, to understant G-D'S english. when all you have been taught, is demonic english.

as you are going to, encounter this spiratual gog and magog battle. no matter what language, you speak. even G-Dly french, and demonic french, are like universes apart.

as much as i would like to see, all muslems, christian, jews, athiest, agnostics, and other subtle beasts repent. yes i would, like to see this.

but realisticly, do not see this happening. i do not even think, i can prevent chaeen from murdering able again. this world is just too, uncooperative for that to happen. and would take more than, a hell of an effort in this world. to even turn it around. as the hardest battles i have fought, are all spiritual not physical.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154706 Nov 21, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In every country, folks will understand that easily. Even God understands that.
"Love thy neighbor" did not mean that one could be sexually intimate with the neighbors. Right?
What is it to you if two people want to express their affection? Why does it matter to you? How is this a threat to you?

This is basic human rights.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154707 Nov 21, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you cannot say that Hamas is anti-human. The same can be said of Israel too.
I condemn their Charter because they bring Islam into it and that is not right. It is an Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
I have never suggested that it is alright to be anti-human. You are wrong there.
If you wish to put it that way, then let us be honest and agree that Israel has never been humane and is anti-human. The world has seen Israel's barbarity against an opponent, who does not have military might.
Again, you are caught up in false equivalencies.

As a member of the human race you should be upset at Hamas. Not just as a muslim, but as a member of the human race.

I asked you to provide a citation from the Israeli constitution or equivalent government document where they advocate genocide. AN official charter or equivalent.

And finally, please answer these two questions:

1. How do you expect Israel, or any nation for that matter, to react when another entity fires hundreds (now thousands) of rockets at their civilian population (Including Jerusalem)

2. How do you negotiate "peace" with an organization that exists SOLEY to eliminate you?

Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154708 Nov 21, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles,
Hamas did not target the Temple Mount.
Jerusalem is a big city. The rockets did not land between Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Wailing Wall.
The people who fired the rockets had NO idea and NO control over where the rockets would fall - other than a certain range. Jerusalalem was target specifically on the basis of range and trajectory.

One of them fell in an Arab village within the municipality.

I used to think Jerusalem should be jointly owned. Now it is clear that the Palestinians dont respect the city, and therefore dont deserve it.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154709 Nov 21, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In every country, folks will understand that easily. Even God understands that.
"Love thy neighbor" did not mean that one could be sexually intimate with the neighbors. Right?
Actually, it does not apply either way. It means respect your neighbor. It is not prohibitive.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154710 Nov 21, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
A poster on another thread posted the following and if it is true then Hamas would love to see it.

"The Jewish serpent will show its hydra’s heads everywhere, blocking the way to a relaxation of international tensions. We Jews will not allow peace in the world, however hard statesmen and peace advocates try to bring it about.”— London Jewish Chronicle, March 3, 1939"

Note these points taken from the quote.

1. BLOCKING the way TO a relaxation of international TENSIONS.
2. Jews will NOT ALLOW PEACE in the WORLD, however hard statesmen and PEACE advocates TRY to bring it about.”

If the quote is true, where was Hamas in 1939?

If the quote is true, was there hostility between Jews and Palestinians in 1939? Not to my knowledge.

Jews and non-Jews, people of integrity think about it honestly and objectively.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154711 Nov 21, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jamaican law would be the handholders be breaking?
I am unaware of any such law.

YOU need to focus and not get distracted by your own folly.

My intention was never to argue that holding hands are illegal in Jamaica. My argument is that acts of homosexuality BREAK the laws of Jamaica and as far as I know it holds true for some of your states.

Why do you support breaking laws?

Are you supportive of people breaking laws in general?

Tell me about the rights that a person should have with respect to personal property e.g. your car.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154712 Nov 21, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I gave an example. Call the place a modern Auschwitz, minus the Nazis. Overall, they have no place to go and have to remain inside the camp, when Israe bombards.
I blame and condemn both.
Are you not aware that Gaza shares a border with Egypt? A country not at war with them?

As usual on this topic, you state misfacts.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154713 Nov 21, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
A poster on another thread posted the following and if it is true then Hamas would love to see it.
"The Jewish serpent will show its hydra’s heads everywhere, blocking the way to a relaxation of international tensions. We Jews will not allow peace in the world, however hard statesmen and peace advocates try to bring it about.”— London Jewish Chronicle, March 3, 1939"
Note these points taken from the quote.
1. BLOCKING the way TO a relaxation of international TENSIONS.
2. Jews will NOT ALLOW PEACE in the WORLD, however hard statesmen and PEACE advocates TRY to bring it about.”
If the quote is true, where was Hamas in 1939?
If the quote is true, was there hostility between Jews and Palestinians in 1939? Not to my knowledge.
Jews and non-Jews, people of integrity think about it honestly and objectively.
The hostility did not start with Hamas. They just Islamicized it.

You should research the 1929 Hebron riots.http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/1929_Palestine_riots

That all said, Israel withdrew from their settlements in Gaza in 2005 with the full expectation that in return, everyone would live in peace. The borders were fully open for commerce. Within a few months, Hamas seized control of Gaza and soon afterwords started the rocket attacks.

Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154714 Nov 21, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Palestine_r...

Hebron massacre, 24 August 1929

On 20 August, Haganah leaders proposed to provide defence for 600 Jews of the Old Yishuv in Hebron, or to help them evacuate. However, the leaders of the Hebron community declined these offers, insisting that they trusted the A'yan (Arab notables) to protect them.

On 24 August 1929 in Hebron, Arab mobs attacked the Jewish quarter killing and raping men, women and children and looting Jewish property. They killed 65-68 Jews[39][40] and wounded 58, with some of the victims being tortured, or mutilated.[14][41][42][citatio n needed]

Sir John Chancellor, the British High Commissioner visited Hebron and later wrote to his son, "The horror of it is beyond words. In one house I visited not less than twenty-five Jews men and women were murdered in cold blood." Sir Walter Shaw concluded in The Palestine Disturbances report that "unspeakable atrocities have occurred in Hebron.[43]

The Shaw report described the attack, "Arabs in Hebron made a most ferocious attack on the Jewish ghetto and on isolated Jewish houses lying outside the crowded quarters of the town. More than 60 Jews – including many women and children – were murdered and more than 50 were wounded. This savage attack, of which no condemnation could be too severe, was accompanied by wanton destruction and looting. Jewish synagogues were desecrated, a Jewish hospital, which had provided treatment for Arabs, was attacked and ransacked, and only the exceptional personal courage displayed by Mr. Cafferata – the one British Police Officer in the town – prevented the outbreak from developing into a general massacre of the Jews in Hebron."[44]

The lone British policeman in the town, Raymond Cafferata, who, "killed as many of the murderers as he could, taking to his fists even", was overwhelmed, and the reinforcements he called for did not arrive for 5 hours - leading to severe recriminations.

Hundreds of Jews were saved by their Arab neighbours, who offered them sanctuary from the mob by hiding them in their own houses[14] while others survived by taking refuge in the British police station at Beit Ramon on the outskirts of the city. When the massacre ended, the surviving Jews were evacuated by the British.[14]

This massacre had a deep and lasting effect on the old and newer Jewish communities in Palestine.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154715 Nov 21, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
Anyone can see here that Buford just can't help being a habitual Jewish-ass licker.
Gee, you finally figured it out.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154716 Nov 21, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no neither G-D or i, would continue to hate them. just as Moshe, and Avraham, were not true to G-D at first. and i am not about, to hate anyone on a true course with G-D. if i found any, in that direction. even if they are less advanced, or more advanced than i. the direction one is going in, is most important.
and remember according to TheTorah, i had failed at first too. and so it would be, hypocritical of me. to denounce even one, repenting soul. but it would be, hearless of me to not tell the truth. that might result, in stagnation or sadiation.
and i know how hard it is to even, take that first step in the right direction. when all of your worldly instincts, are telling you it is the wrong way. and your going to be going, against the mainstreams. and chances are you are going to be shunned, by the whole world.
even your own family and friend, are most likly to forsake you. this is how and why, i lost my first wife and children. o i still love them, even though they want nothing to do with me. but i had to keep going, i had to know the truth. my curiosity about what G-D said to me, i could no longer resist.
but it was still that second also unexpected visit with G-D. that actually cinched, the knot. i cannot even explain to anyone, the emotions i had after that. i was so angry and yet so much in love, with G-D at the same time. i was like a moth, to a flame. sometimes cursing the flame, but crying because you can't stay away from IT. but you have this unsationable desire, to talk about your LOVE.
Rabbee--that G-D hates HIS enemies.

HughBe--- You also said "WHO knows kindness for thousands [of generations] to those who love ME and observe MY commandments"

So what if the enemies of God changed and start to observe His commandments. Would He still hate them?

Rabbee: NO neither G-D or i, would continue to hate them. just as Moshe, and Avraham, were not true to G-D at first.

HughBe--- So, based on all that is said above the EVIL ways are hated and not the person. Put it this way, a change in ways produces a change in feelings from hate to LOVE.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154717 Nov 21, 2012
Hamas Charter
http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/www.thejerusa...

Article Six: Peculiarity and Independence

The Islamic Resistance Movement is a distinct Palestinian Movement which owes its loyalty to Allah, derives from Islam its way of life and strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine. Only under the shadow of Islam could the members of all regions coexist in safety and security for their lives, properties and rights. In the absence of Islam, conflict arises, oppression reigns, corruption is rampant and struggles and wars prevail.

Kingston, Jamaica

#154718 Nov 21, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1 929_Palestine_riots
Hebron massacre, 24 August 1929
On 20 August, Haganah leaders proposed to provide defence for 600 Jews of the Old Yishuv in Hebron, or to help them evacuate. However, the leaders of the Hebron community declined these offers, insisting that they trusted the A'yan (Arab notables) to protect them.
On 24 August 1929 in Hebron, Arab mobs attacked the Jewish quarter killing and raping men, women and children and looting Jewish property. They killed 65-68 Jews[39][40] and wounded 58, with some of the victims being tortured, or mutilated.[14][41][42][citatio n needed]
Sir John Chancellor, the British High Commissioner visited Hebron and later wrote to his son, "The horror of it is beyond words. In one house I visited not less than twenty-five Jews men and women were murdered in cold blood." Sir Walter Shaw concluded in The Palestine Disturbances report that "unspeakable atrocities have occurred in Hebron.[43]
The Shaw report described the attack, "Arabs in Hebron made a most ferocious attack on the Jewish ghetto and on isolated Jewish houses lying outside the crowded quarters of the town. More than 60 Jews – including many women and children – were murdered and more than 50 were wounded. This savage attack, of which no condemnation could be too severe, was accompanied by wanton destruction and looting. Jewish synagogues were desecrated, a Jewish hospital, which had provided treatment for Arabs, was attacked and ransacked, and only the exceptional personal courage displayed by Mr. Cafferata – the one British Police Officer in the town – prevented the outbreak from developing into a general massacre of the Jews in Hebron."[44]
The lone British policeman in the town, Raymond Cafferata, who, "killed as many of the murderers as he could, taking to his fists even", was overwhelmed, and the reinforcements he called for did not arrive for 5 hours - leading to severe recriminations.
Hundreds of Jews were saved by their Arab neighbours, who offered them sanctuary from the mob by hiding them in their own houses[14] while others survived by taking refuge in the British police station at Beit Ramon on the outskirts of the city. When the massacre ended, the surviving Jews were evacuated by the British.[14]
This massacre had a deep and lasting effect on the old and newer Jewish communities in Palestine.
Frijoles---Hundreds of Jews were SAVED by their ARAB neighbours, who offered them sanctuary from the mob by hiding them in their own houses

HughBe--- Thank you for your quote.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154719 Nov 21, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The hostility did not start with Hamas. They just Islamicized it.
You should research the 1929 Hebron riots.http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/1929_Palestine_riots
That all said, Israel withdrew from their settlements in Gaza in 2005 with the full expectation that in return, everyone would live in peace. The borders were fully open for commerce. Within a few months, Hamas seized control of Gaza and soon afterwords started the rocket attacks.
Share your thoughts on this quote "The Jewish serpent will show its hydra’s heads everywhere, BLOCKING the way to a RELAXATION of international tensions. We Jews will NOT ALLOW PEACE in the world, however hard statesmen and peace advocates try to bring it about.”— London Jewish Chronicle, March 3, 1939"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Fri tongangodz 1,968
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
Tiberias Region Dec 7 Mike 1
More from around the web