Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,540

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154514 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
@ Buford
Do you love me?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154515 Nov 18, 2012

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154516 Nov 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
I could not find the answer. I repeat my question just like Jesus, again:

Buford, do you love me?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154517 Nov 18, 2012
uhuh wrote:
it is very interesting reading the hadith
long story short, tribulation time, "al-masih al-dajjal" (the false messiah) will show all kinds of miracle so that people will turn to worship him
and get this, his faithful followers will be seventy thousand Jews!(Sahih Muslim)
"Isa al-masih" (Jesus the real messiah) then have to come down and stop him; he will lead an army of Muslims to wage battle against the anti-christ and his army of Jews
the army of anti-christ will be scattered, run away and hide behind trees and rocks... "O Muslim, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him" (Musnad Ahmad)
IOW, the Jews who are going to be killed by Muslims and Jesus will be only those who join the army of anti-christ
rabbee: oh come on! christ would be fortunate to find and army of seven males today. for all on earth, are aiding and abeting the beasts. just like the last two times, the more subtle than any other beast of the fields, kidnapped your grandmother with the whole worlds help.

it is again the very same old, antichrist in the flesh as twice before. so don't assume that you, your parents and their parents parents. are all not, then and still now decieved. the devil depends on you not questioning, if you have been decieved.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154518 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I will. Right now it is very boring. I will have popcorns when the invasion of Ghaza begins.
In the mean time, please read this:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/16/opinion/mek...
From the linked CNN story:

Ahmed Ja'abari was long a marked man, considering his involvement in hundreds of deadly attacks on Israel. Nevertheless, he had also shown pragmatism in the protection of, and deal to release, the kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. According to Gerhson Baskin, an Israeli peace activist who was involved in the negotiations to release Shalit, Ja'abari was very seriously considering a permanent ceasefire with Israel. Bearing in mind his prominence within the organisation, this might have led to a significant and critical change in relations between these two sworn enemies.
Permanent ceasefire my eye. What WOULDN'T Ja'abari have told Baskin to curry favor and gain possible concessions from the "Zionist Entity?" This tactician wasn't about to revoke the Hamas Charter, was he?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154519 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not find the answer. I repeat my question just like Jesus, again:
Buford, do you love me?
"I never believe what you say, MUSLIM HATER. I only believe that you hate Muslims." ~ bmz

Q.E.D.

bmz

Singapore

#154520 Nov 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
From the linked CNN story:
Ahmed Ja'abari was long a marked man, considering his involvement in hundreds of deadly attacks on Israel. Nevertheless, he had also shown pragmatism in the protection of, and deal to release, the kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. According to Gerhson Baskin, an Israeli peace activist who was involved in the negotiations to release Shalit, Ja'abari was very seriously considering a permanent ceasefire with Israel. Bearing in mind his prominence within the organisation, this might have led to a significant and critical change in relations between these two sworn enemies.
Permanent ceasefire my eye. What WOULDN'T Ja'abari have told Baskin to curry favor and gain possible concessions from the "Zionist Entity?" This tactician wasn't about to revoke the Hamas Charter, was he?
I wanted you to read and digest this part:

"Notwithstanding the constant provocation of rockets fired on Israeli towns and villages by Hamas and its allies in Gaza, the proximity of Israel's attack to their impending elections doesn't seem to be a coincidence.

There is almost a long standing political tradition by Israeli governments to avert attention from their social and economic failures.

Launching a military campaign against an obvious, albeit not innocent, enemy will bring short term military and potential electoral success. However, it will only exacerbate the situation.

Bearing in mind his prominence within the organisation, this might have led to a significant and critical change in relations between these two sworn enemies.

In the past, Israeli heavy-handedness with Hamas was met with either half-hearted protestations or even tacit approval from the Arab World. It remains to be seen if there will be a different reaction this time, and what the long term impact on relations between Israel and the newly shaped region will be.

Secular regimes are quickly being replaced by Islamist parties which have both mandates and legitimacy, having been elected in free and fair elections. These governments' immediate instinct is sympathy, not only with the people of Gaza, but also with the Hamas government, an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood movement which currently holds the presidency in Egypt."

"Israel's policy of the uncompromising use of force may prove counterproductive, both military and politically. No one questions the right of Israeli citizens to live free of rocket attacks from Gaza, yet time and again it has proven that the army can provide a very limited solution.

Militarily, the first few days of hostilities have proved that the Iron Dome interception system is only partially successful, and Hamas rockets can reach as far as Tel Aviv and its neighboring cities, exposing Israel's vulnerability.

However, even more alarming is the lack of political wisdom in learning from the past that the use of excessive force only leads to further radicalization of Palestinian society, a future of increasing bloodshed between Israelis and Palestinians, and the deterioration of relations with the Arab world. This is increasingly so as a result of the Arab Spring.

The answer to Israeli security challenges lies around the negotiation table. Unfortunately, the current government in Israel has no political plan that can bring about peace, and believes its ability to regain power at the next elections relies on a show of military force instead of diplomatic efforts and a genuine peace process."

Yossi Mekelberg's assessment is spot on.

bmz

Singapore

#154521 Nov 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
"I never believe what you say, MUSLIM HATER. I only believe that you hate Muslims." ~ bmz
Q.E.D.
That has nothing to do with my question.

Answer this, please:

"Buford, do you love me?"

If you do, say, "Yes, BMZ, I love you" and if you don't, then say, "No, BMZ, I do not love you."

Once you answer faithfully, you can aslo ask me the same question.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154522 Nov 18, 2012
hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
eric,
jimmie aka rabee adam said in messananic jews site that he is born and raised in colorado. you can go there and go back few pages back and you will see it. don't lie.
rabbee: i have never said, i was born and raised in colorado. i lived in st louis missouri, when G-D came and said HE commanded for my family to travel to colorado.

i am only here in colorado, because G-D, commanded i be here in colorado. and i arrived in blythville hospital, starving to death. where they discovered, i could only eat, non-bovine milk and honey.

so that is what i grew up on, untill after the first visit with G-D. when i was like, seven years old. when all food, became good for me to eat. and it was difficult, to understand at seven years old. how i could already have, the two wives.

as i most certainly was not prepared, for this visit with G-D. nor prepared to undestand, what G-D was saying. not like a male child, in a family with an athiest father. was going to understand, any thing of G-D.

in fact it was the first time, i even heard of G-D. is when G-D, actually came and told me about BOTH-THEMSELVES. and told me my life story, before it happened. and how i was their baby, their male child. which is not easy for a child, to understand. more or less how THEY, gave birth to me.

heck i did not even know, what a surrogate mother was then. so i guess this is why, G-D had me marry the other one whose supposed to be dead. oh just great, i married Our Supposed to be dead Virgin Mother. and the other woman sarah, is my grandaughter. so i do not believe, any of you even growed upps could understand this any better either.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154524 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with my question.
Answer this, please:
"Buford, do you love me?"
If you do, say, "Yes, BMZ, I love you" and if you don't, then say, "No, BMZ, I do not love you."
Once you answer faithfully, you can aslo ask me the same question.
Hmm...

It appears that you'd rather I didn't take you at your word. Sorry, I've got to start somewhere, and this prior two-fold declaration of your beliefs, your own personal Shahada concerning me, is as good a foundation as any. Of course, you don't believe me because You CAN'T, not now.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154525 Nov 18, 2012
hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
eric,
no,jimmie boswell changed his name to rabee adam , that means he has changed his name. what he has put online is his hatred and his misunderstanding of God and the whole believe system. his main aim is hating on other people who do not believe what he believe and making himself like he have power and God visit him bla bla that is blasphemy. i don't mind if he tells the truth or if he is some nice person who love God but after observing...his main aim is division and confusion and his hatred for others and if you support him, you are as guilty as him.
rabbee: i am not the one who, changed my name. but is more likened, unto G-D changing Abram's Name to Avraham.

and your belief systems, are not G-D'S belief system. hey i do not need to divide any of you, who are better at diverse diseases yourselfs.

and since G-D actually did, come to visit with me. as described according, to scripture. then you are the blastphemer, against it with your hatred. and since you hate G-D, then G-D is going to hate you back. according to this world's, pick any ten of 613 other really good suggestions.

and if you check ThePreamble to the commandments, you can see where G-D does hate all of you who hate HIM. and lying is, hatred.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154526 Nov 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The media often does not present a balanced picture. Most of the internet media keeps citing the assination of the hamas guy as thhe pretext of the war.
But the day before, Hamas fired a RPG at an Israeli Jeep on the Israeli side of the border and injured a few soldiers. And for days and months before, Hamas had been firing hundreds of rockets into Israel. Basically, the Israelis got fed up.
I feel bad for the loss of life as much as anyone. But sometimes war is necesarry.
rabbee: as long as people hate G-D, all unecessary wars shall become necessary to you.
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

#154528 Nov 18, 2012
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
they know better than anyone else what to call their YHWH in Arabic
<quoted text>
show us in the whole of your "scripture, the "New Testament", where to find the name "YHWH" (or Jehovah lol)
Jesus never mentioned "YHWH", Paul too never mentioned "YHWH"
we can only find the names "Kyrios", "Theos" and "Pater"
therefore using your own logic, your god is not the same as the God of Abraham hehe
WE have the septuagint which translate YHWH into ego eimi. And when Jesus claim to be God, he said he is ego eimi (John 8:58). There you go. Jesus is the same God. YOu made the wrong assumption that Jesus never said he is YHWH.
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

#154529 Nov 18, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: are you! trying to tell me. that G-D HIMSELF, misintrepeted TheTorah for me? when HE came to tell me, all about IT and the woman chaooah.
just like it says, G-D always does here in the living scripture. now i know for sure, your another liar. trying to call TheG-D, of This Whole Story a liar again. just like the rest of this lying world, always calling G-D a liar.
When did i say that G-d lies? I said you put words into the mouth of G-d.
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

#154530 Nov 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hello clever person...
YHWH= I AM.
What do you think of these including the message in broken English?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.(Broken english????)
or was it??
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, "I AM".
or was it??
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, YHWH.
Now can you see how stupid it is??
Now read the full tihng in context....
Jesus does NOT claim he is God!!
Otherwise he would have said:
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was "I AM" (YHWH).
Or
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was with "I AM" (YHWH).
or
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was "I AM"; After Abraham, I am still "I AM" and shall continue to be "I AM" until heavens and earth pass away !!!!!!!!!!
Now to the rest....
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
(God does honour prophets!!!)
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus HID himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.( there he goes again HIDING!)
And Jesus let people worship him and he tells people worship only God. This prove Jesus is God.
It is not broken English because it is translated from Greek. You don't understand the meaning of I AM. It means He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is a never changing God. So it is true for you to say "After Abraham, I am still "I AM" and shall continue to be "I AM" until heavens and earth pass away !!!!!!!!!!" AS he will always be the same and only God can be so.

YHWH (literally the name of God)= ego eimi (Greek, describing the nature of God as found in Septuagint, John, Matthew, Luke, Mark)= I AM (english, describing the nature of God)
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154531 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had never read it but I did. I found it boring.
They should not mix Islam into it. I think Hamas should do a precis and exclude verses of Qur'aan.
Thats the least of their problem. They should also put something, even 1 sentence, about nation building. Instead it is 20 pages of hatred directed towards an "other". Nothing constructive.

And yet many European nations refuse to label Hamas as a terrorist organization.

How can you read that charter and NOT label them as so?
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154532 Nov 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanted you to read and digest this part:
"Notwithstanding the constant provocation of rockets fired on Israeli towns and villages by Hamas and its allies in Gaza, the proximity of Israel's attack to their impending elections doesn't seem to be a coincidence.
There is almost a long standing political tradition by Israeli governments to avert attention from their social and economic failures.
Launching a military campaign against an obvious, albeit not innocent, enemy will bring short term military and potential electoral success. However, it will only exacerbate the situation.
Bearing in mind his prominence within the organisation, this might have led to a significant and critical change in relations between these two sworn enemies.
In the past, Israeli heavy-handedness with Hamas was met with either half-hearted protestations or even tacit approval from the Arab World. It remains to be seen if there will be a different reaction this time, and what the long term impact on relations between Israel and the newly shaped region will be.
Secular regimes are quickly being replaced by Islamist parties which have both mandates and legitimacy, having been elected in free and fair elections. These governments' immediate instinct is sympathy, not only with the people of Gaza, but also with the Hamas government, an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood movement which currently holds the presidency in Egypt."
"Israel's policy of the uncompromising use of force may prove counterproductive, both military and politically. No one questions the right of Israeli citizens to live free of rocket attacks from Gaza, yet time and again it has proven that the army can provide a very limited solution.
Militarily, the first few days of hostilities have proved that the Iron Dome interception system is only partially successful, and Hamas rockets can reach as far as Tel Aviv and its neighboring cities, exposing Israel's vulnerability.
However, even more alarming is the lack of political wisdom in learning from the past that the use of excessive force only leads to further radicalization of Palestinian society, a future of increasing bloodshed between Israelis and Palestinians, and the deterioration of relations with the Arab world. This is increasingly so as a result of the Arab Spring.
The answer to Israeli security challenges lies around the negotiation table. Unfortunately, the current government in Israel has no political plan that can bring about peace, and believes its ability to regain power at the next elections relies on a show of military force instead of diplomatic efforts and a genuine peace process."
Yossi Mekelberg's assessment is spot on.
Only the far left wing and the international community tie the war to the upcoming elections. Noone else in Israel does. The rest of the country understands this conflict was a long time coming.

As far as Iron Dome, it has intercepted 75% plus of the rockets. It was never made to be 100%. Considering it is new technology that is pretty darn good. Also, 75% reduction of rockets translates into a significant avoidance of destruction. I really doubt that most Israelis look at it as a failure.

And finally, no one wants war. But I posed a question, how do you "negotiate" with an entity sworn to your destruction? One NEEDS to ponder that before armchair peacenicking.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154533 Nov 18, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: then you are still, calling G-D a liar. as i am doing exactly, what G-D last commanded of me. as i have added nothing, beyond what G-D, commanded of me. as i am precisly doing this, in spite of, all of you who are not going to believe what G-D said to me. you only care about your lies, not even interested in the truth.

i have told you, that G-D is angry at all of you. and your best response, is to only make G-D more angry at you. instead of figuring out, how to make G-D less angry at you. you only serve to displease, G-D more with the beasts. if you really loved G-D, you would want to know, why G-D is angry so you could correct it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154534 Nov 18, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: none of you, even really care if G-D is angry at you. cause your not even willing, to even try to do anything to make amends.

just like the last two times, all of you and your grandmother did this same thing. in appeasing only, the subtle beasts of the fields.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154535 Nov 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the far left wing and the international community tie the war to the upcoming elections. Noone else in Israel does. The rest of the country understands this conflict was a long time coming.
As far as Iron Dome, it has intercepted 75% plus of the rockets. It was never made to be 100%. Considering it is new technology that is pretty darn good. Also, 75% reduction of rockets translates into a significant avoidance of destruction. I really doubt that most Israelis look at it as a failure.
And finally, no one wants war. But I posed a question, how do you "negotiate" with an entity sworn to your destruction? One NEEDS to ponder that before armchair peacenicking.
rabbee: even if they intercept the rocket, all it does. is alter the course of the warhead. the warhead and shrapnel is still, coming down somewhere.

and the peaceniks solution, is to support the threat. and allow the threatened, to be eliminated. even though it is still a grevious sin, to support the more guilty to murder the less guilty.

any guilty person, killing another guilty person is still murder. and i do not believe anyone in this world's, hands are clean enough to innocently do this. so that it is not, considered as murder.

and even tempting G-D, to send more pestilence, plague and famine, is considered as murder/suicide. and belief in other g-ds, is the worst form of adultry you can have. and any increase in pestilence, plague and famine, means an increase in G-D'S anger. as even the cancer plagues, have steadly increased. cause you lust your neighbors, instead of loving them as G-D could love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web