Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
145,841 - 145,860 of 200,095 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Who told Muhammad that? How could anyone explain the fact that Muhammad said these words in the seventh century? It was a revelation from the Mighty Creator.
(Contd.)
Wow!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

who is Allah..a pagan moon god
abc

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i know your all-h, is not TheG-D of All Creations. and thank you for also agreeing with me, that your all-h. is not the same G-D as, TheG-D of Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, Daveed, Shlomoh, Adam and adam and chaooah. and that your independant tribal g-ds, are not TheG-D of TheWhole Story of Creation.
I am not a Muslim
abc

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: sorry but i have my orders, directly from G-D. and not from your g-ds, of not here in TheTorah alleged as better suggestions. and soooo sorry! if you all were not, expecting me in this second coming. and am not exactly, who you all thought in the first place.
No, you misinterpret the Torah.
abc

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in many gods?
NOt many but one.
abc

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah ia the same God as abraham mossses and isaac. Yacob. Maybe you should get over believing in your gods and get over your field.beasts to see reality. And start seeing positive and good in people. Do meditation or maybe be a yogiii you will profit a lot from it.
No they are not the same God.

Allah can only be understand through Arabic. Moses, Isaac and Abraham definitely cannot understand Arabic.

Abraham's God is name YHWH, Allah is the name of Muslim God.

Is so simple, YHWH is not Allah. I don't understand why so many people still get confused.
uhuh

Roubaix, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Buford wrote:
Muslim bathroom etiquette http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2532

Excerpt: "Do you know of any other religion or system in the world that has brought laws like this? This is enough, by Allaah, to prove its perfection and beauty, and the necessity of following it."
interesting
yes there is another similar religious system; it's called the halacha i.e. "Jewish Law",

on entering toilet,

for man expose only 1 tefach (hand-breadth) behind and 2 tefachim in front; for woman 1 tefach behind and completely covered in front
forbidden to bring religious objects into the toilet
forbidden to talk inside the toilet or even think of Torah
forbidden to urinate standing or hold your penis if you're not married
forbidden to defecate facing east or west and wipe butt with the right hand
before going out of the toilet wash away the evil spirit (ruach ra'ah) which is sticking to the fingers with water 3 times

on coming out make supplication "Blessed is He who has formed in man holes and orifices" (Brachot 60b)

do not have sex immediately after coming out of the toilet because the evil spirit follows you around for the duration of half a mile walk (Gittin 70a)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Buford wrote:
Muslim bathroom etiquette
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2532

Excerpt: "Do you know of any other religion or system in the world that has brought laws like this? This is enough, by Allaah, to prove its perfection and beauty, and the necessity of following it."
interesting
yes there is another similar religious system; it's called the halacha i.e. "Jewish Law"

upon entering toilet,

for man expose only 1 tefach (hand-breadth) behind and 2 tefachim in front; for woman 1 tefach behind and completely covered in front
forbidden to bring religious objects into the toilet
forbidden to talk inside the toilet or even think of Torah
forbidden to urinate standing or hold your penis if you're not married
forbidden to defecate facing east or west and wipe butt with the right hand
before going out of the toilet wash away the evil spirit (ruach ra'ah) which is sticking to the fingers with water 3 times

on coming out make supplication "Blessed is He who has formed in man holes and orifices" (Brachot 60b)

do not have sex immediately after coming out of the toilet because the evil spirit follows you around for the duration of half a mile walk (Gittin 70a)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
uhuh---Satan is held in awe by Paul and "John" they called him "the god of this aeon"
HughBe-- If you are something be it a President etc. or the "ruler of this world" that is what you are. Stating a FACT does not mean that you are in awe.
"Throughout the ages the breath of the power of God has entered into holy souls making them men of God (anashim Elohim) and prophets" (Wisdom of Solomon)

and no man of God would accept as FACT that Satan is the "Archon tou kosmos" (Ruler of this kosmos) or "Theos tou aionos" (God of this aeon)

that is unless he is in fact a man of Satan
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

abc wrote:
No they are not the same God. Abraham's God is name YHWH, Allah is the name of Muslim God.
It is so simple, YHWH is not Allah. I don't understand why so many people still get confused.
simple, you don't understand because you're a simpleton lol

do you know that the great rabbis of the past also wrote in Arabic and they had no qualms translating "YHWH" or "Elohim" to "Allah"? Did any Jew object to them using the name "Allah?

"And YHWH passed before him and proclaimed YHWH YHWH" (Exo 34:6)

"The meaning of this verse would be: It was a voice from Allah which passed by Moses and proclaimed 'Allah Allah', for Allah azza wajalla is not corporeal. Also notice here that the name Allah is repeated twice because taala was the one being called"
(Maimonides, Guide)
abc

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
simple, you don't understand because you're a simpleton lol
do you know that the great rabbis of the past also wrote in Arabic and they had no qualms translating "YHWH" or "Elohim" to "Allah"? Did any Jew object to them using the name "Allah?
"And YHWH passed before him and proclaimed YHWH YHWH" (Exo 34:6)
"The meaning of this verse would be: It was a voice from Allah which passed by Moses and proclaimed 'Allah Allah', for Allah azza wajalla is not corporeal. Also notice here that the name Allah is repeated twice because taala was the one being called"
(Maimonides, Guide)
I don't care what the rabbis teach. DO you accept the teaching of man as the word of God? Rabbis are men not God and they are not prophet. Second, you confused the word Allah with illah. Why don't you translate YHWH to Zeus when you translate the bible to Greek? Allah is worshiped by Arab before Muhammad receive his first revelation and is worshiped by Muhammad's wife according to the first chapter of Hadith before Muhammad first revelation. Allah is the name of a god, YHWH is the name of a God. Third, the nature of Allah and nature of YHWH are different, so they cannot be the same. Can a John and a John be the same if the former is 6 feet and the later is 4 feet? Can they be the same John.
Johnny

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Isn't that the name of brainwashed terrorist fake god?

Islamic muslems are taught to hate everyone and everything from birth. And think that the main objective in life is to die killing good honest people in the name of Allahbaba . It's a way of life for them.

They hate the west, Yet most want to come live in America , in a western world without all this hate.

It's just a cult. That shouldnt have been allowed go on this far.

Some of the christian based religions are cults too. But we never allow them to go unchecked here in the US with a fake ass god like that.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

youtube.com/watch... …Im Allah ha ha its my middle name
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah ia the same God as abraham mossses and isaac. Yacob. Maybe you should get over believing in your gods and get over your field.beasts to see reality. And start seeing positive and good in people. Do meditation or maybe be a yogiii you will profit a lot from it.
rabbee: bull crap! even your tribal arabic g-ds are not the same. and your g-ds can't even spell, Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, Daveed, Shlomoh, Adam and adam and chaooah. as they appear here in living scripture, in that precise order.

as you do not spell adam, with either a j or a u. their is sumthin funny, about your other g-ds only knowing how to spell muhammed right. and disrespect and insult, all the real Prophets names.

i have had three visits, actually with G-D. and THEY-BOTH are not the same g-ds all all of yours. and my visits with G-D, is verified in TheTorah. and your muhammed's visit with an angel, are not even mentioned in TheTorah. and a visit actually with G-D, outweighs any visit from an angel.

and an actual visit from G-D, is worth more than any of your yogert or medi-tation. or any of the rest, of your demonic bs.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

abc wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Muslim
rabbee: well you, could of fooled me. since a muslem, is a never true to G-D pagan also. in a whole world, acting like a bunch of wild pagan muslems. in this world that can't even get, adolph hitlers name right. cause it's, actually muhammed.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

abc wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you misinterpret the Torah.
rabbee: are you! trying to tell me. that G-D HIMSELF, misintrepeted TheTorah for me? when HE came to tell me, all about IT and the woman chaooah.

just like it says, G-D always does here in the living scripture. now i know for sure, your another liar. trying to call TheG-D, of This Whole Story a liar again. just like the rest of this lying world, always calling G-D a liar.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

abc wrote:
I don't care what the rabbis teach. Rabbis are men not God and they are not prophets.

they know better than anyone else what to call their YHWH in Arabic
abc wrote:
Abraham's God is named YHWH. Allah is the name of a god, YHWH is the name of a God. They are different.
show us in the whole of your "scripture, the "New Testament", where to find the name "YHWH" (or Jehovah lol)
Jesus never mentioned "YHWH", Paul too never mentioned "YHWH"

we can only find the names "Kyrios", "Theos" and "Pater"
therefore using your own logic, your god is not the same as the God of Abraham hehe
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Meanwhile...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/17...

Excerpts:

Updated at 8:10 a.m. ET: Israeli aircraft bombed Hamas headquarters before dawn on Saturday, including the office of Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, as conflict in the region entered its fourth day.

Israeli planes shattered Haniyeh's office building - where he had met with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil the day before - and struck the interior ministry.

Loud explosions regularly rocked the densely populated Palestinian territory, sending plumes of smoke billowing into the sky. The occasional hiss of outgoing rocket fire showed Islamist militants were pursuing their defiance of the assault.
Hamas says it is committed to continued confrontation with Israel and is eager not to seem any less resolute than smaller, more radical groups that have emerged in Gaza in recent years.
"This will last as long as is needed; we have not limited ourselves in means or in time," Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman told Israel's Channel One television on Saturday.
The Israeli military said some 367 rockets fired from Gaza had hit Israel since Wednesday and at least 222 more were intercepted by its Iron Dome anti-missile system.
Despite the violence, Tunisia's foreign minister arrived in the coastal enclave on Saturday in a show of solidarity, denouncing the Israeli attacks as illegitimate and unacceptable.

Why? you ask.

It's because in the minds of many Muslims, especially those of the Arab persuasion, Israel has no right to exist as a nation, at least not in the heart of Allahville.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Buford wrote:
Meanwhile...
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/17...
Excerpts:
Updated at 8:10 a.m. ET: Israeli aircraft bombed Hamas headquarters before dawn on Saturday, including the office of Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, as conflict in the region entered its fourth day.
Israeli planes shattered Haniyeh's office building - where he had met with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil the day before - and struck the interior ministry.
Loud explosions regularly rocked the densely populated Palestinian territory, sending plumes of smoke billowing into the sky. The occasional hiss of outgoing rocket fire showed Islamist militants were pursuing their defiance of the assault.
Hamas says it is committed to continued confrontation with Israel and is eager not to seem any less resolute than smaller, more radical groups that have emerged in Gaza in recent years.
"This will last as long as is needed; we have not limited ourselves in means or in time," Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman told Israel's Channel One television on Saturday.
The Israeli military said some 367 rockets fired from Gaza had hit Israel since Wednesday and at least 222 more were intercepted by its Iron Dome anti-missile system.
Despite the violence, Tunisia's foreign minister arrived in the coastal enclave on Saturday in a show of solidarity, denouncing the Israeli attacks as illegitimate and unacceptable.
Israel has the right to exist as a state but Israel needs an Israeli Spring. The Israeli left has to kick out the Israeli "Republicans", who govern Israel.

I am watching the events with a great interest. This time there is no Hosni Mubarak and King Abdullah of Jordan will remain dormant and other Arab despots would not be able to keep quiet, as the situation now is different from the previous occasion, when Israel merrily bombarded Ghaza.

The smart asses at the White House are keeping quiet. I find that interesting.

Hope Israel invades Ghaza.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

HughBe wrote:
I was on youtube and typed Judaism Forum. Arising from this I encountered the video below. It is interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thank you, HughBe for a great link.

That was not only interesting but it was also an eye-opener.

Hope Buford watches the video.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Excavation uncovers ancient Lapita Sun jestr 3
Tonga Was Once A Major Trading Hub, Artifacts Show Sun jestr 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 27 husayn 178
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Jul 27 fan of boru 2
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Jul 23 Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
•••
•••