Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 226034 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154395 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity had never known peace although Jesus almost lost his voice by parroting that word to ignorant fools.
It is now time time that the Jews and the Palestinians know and realize what is peace.
Let us see how the Israeli 'Republicans' behave.
How are you bro!
You did notice my tongue in cheek there! lol...
The peace loving gentile Chrisitans have to ditch the warring non-gentile books and follow all the "lurv" of Christianity, thus help bring peace between Jews and Muslims instead of stirring them by dumping Jews in Palestine who now wish to expand a "bit" more!
Salaams
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154396 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
The Jew Behind the Tree
http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2011/12/jew...
“The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree,(a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.”(related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).
— Sahih Muslim, 41:6985
Not as nice as killing ALL gentiles that EVER breathed as per the non Gentile "Old Testament"!!
42:6985 is from whose god you butt-turd?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154397 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
Forget the rotten hadith. The Jews do not bring it up, so how does that affect you, a Christian?
The question is how it affects and motivates MUSLIMS.
bmz wrote:
I heard Israel has planted millions of Gharqad trees, supplied by Christians. LMAO!
The Road to Martyrs' Square: A Journey into the World of the Suicide Bomber
http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093...

This chapter documents the authors' quest to find the meaning of the Gharqad Tree based on their conversations with the different sheikhs of Hamas. As “the Hour approaches”, according to Hamas, the Forces of Light would finally prevail, and all of creation would turn against the Jews, even the land itself. Their only ally would be the Gharqad Tree. Some said the Israelis planted the tree around their settlements in the West Bank and Gaza, thereby creating magic mandalas protecting them from attack. The Gharqad Tree has become such a powerful trope in the Muslim–Jewish and Palestinian–Israeli struggle over Jerusalem and “the Holy Land” that Islamists around the globe now commonly refer to the tree exclusively in terms of the Jews of Jerusalem and Palestine.

In June 2008, as part of an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire, Hamas ceased rocket attacks on Israel and made some efforts to prevent attacks by other organizations. After a four months calm, the conflict escalated when Israel carried out a military action with the stated aim to prevent an abduction planned by Hamas, using a tunnel that had been dug under the border security fence, killing seven Hamas operatives. In retaliation, Hamas attacked Israel with a barrage of rockets. In late December 2008, Israel attacked Gaza, withdrawing its forces from the territory in mid-January 2009. After the Gaza War, Hamas continued to govern the Gaza strip and Israel maintained its economic blockade. On May 4, 2011, Hamas and Fatah announced a reconciliation agreement that provides for "creation of a joint caretaker Palestinian government" prior to national elections scheduled for 2012. As part of that agreement, Hamas' resistance would be peaceful and not military, according to Israeli news reports.

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154399 Nov 17, 2012
@ Buford

Watch this great link provided by HughBe:

&fe ature=related

I believe that the Israeli General's son has spoken the truth and nothing but the truth about the Israeli 'Republicans'.

I hope Israeli left reins in these warmongers.
bmz

Singapore

#154401 Nov 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you bro!
You did notice my tongue in cheek there! lol...
The peace loving gentile Chrisitans have to ditch the warring non-gentile books and follow all the "lurv" of Christianity, thus help bring peace between Jews and Muslims instead of stirring them by dumping Jews in Palestine who now wish to expand a "bit" more!
Salaams
I did, bro.

In fact, the Christians should go and live in Israel and experience a 'lovely' new life.

Christians have never been the peacemakers in the history of the world.

It would be very interesting to see the events this time. It is actually time for an Israeli Spring. The Left should come out on the streets.
bmz

Singapore

#154402 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is how it affects and motivates MUSLIMS.
<quoted text>
The Road to Martyrs' Square: A Journey into the World of the Suicide Bomber
http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093...
This chapter documents the authors' quest to find the meaning of the Gharqad Tree based on their conversations with the different sheikhs of Hamas. As “the Hour approaches”, according to Hamas, the Forces of Light would finally prevail, and all of creation would turn against the Jews, even the land itself. Their only ally would be the Gharqad Tree. Some said the Israelis planted the tree around their settlements in the West Bank and Gaza, thereby creating magic mandalas protecting them from attack. The Gharqad Tree has become such a powerful trope in the Muslim–Jewish and Palestinian–Israeli struggle over Jerusalem and “the Holy Land” that Islamists around the globe now commonly refer to the tree exclusively in terms of the Jews of Jerusalem and Palestine.
In June 2008, as part of an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire, Hamas ceased rocket attacks on Israel and made some efforts to prevent attacks by other organizations. After a four months calm, the conflict escalated when Israel carried out a military action with the stated aim to prevent an abduction planned by Hamas, using a tunnel that had been dug under the border security fence, killing seven Hamas operatives. In retaliation, Hamas attacked Israel with a barrage of rockets. In late December 2008, Israel attacked Gaza, withdrawing its forces from the territory in mid-January 2009. After the Gaza War, Hamas continued to govern the Gaza strip and Israel maintained its economic blockade. On May 4, 2011, Hamas and Fatah announced a reconciliation agreement that provides for "creation of a joint caretaker Palestinian government" prior to national elections scheduled for 2012. As part of that agreement, Hamas' resistance would be peaceful and not military, according to Israeli news reports.

This is the year 2012 and post-Arab-Spring era. All years before 2010 are not important. The Arab world is in a new era.

Nethan Yahu made mischief just before the US Presidential election by giving a very nasty and provocative speech on the 6th November and nobody cared.

And now, he is doing this before Israeli elections. The reactions will possibly be very different.

Personally, I wish he invades Ghaza and displays more barbarity than the one displayed previously. It would be fun to watch what happens in that region.

In the years, prior to the Arab Spring, the despots and puppets kept quiet. In order to save their own pants and gowns, they would most likely react differently.

Please look forward now.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154403 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, bro.
In fact, the Christians should go and live in Israel and experience a 'lovely' new life.
Christians have never been the peacemakers in the history of the world.
It would be very interesting to see the events this time. It is actually time for an Israeli Spring. The Left should come out on the streets.
Amen to that bro.
There are many decent ones out there and I am sure they cringe at net-an-yahoo boy's cries!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154404 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
Personally, I wish he invades Ghaza and displays more barbarity than the one displayed previously. It would be fun to watch what happens in that region.
You are one sick puppy.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154405 Nov 17, 2012
Morsi condemns Israel's actions
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_worl...

CAIRO - Egypt's Islamist president delivered his fiercest condemnation yet of Israel's offensive in Gaza on Friday, warning that the blood Israel sheds will be a "curse upon it" and presenting post-revolution Egypt as the new Arab champion for the Palestinians.
Despite the strong rhetoric, Morsi's government continues to work closely with Israel on security issues pertaining to the Sinai Peninsula, where militants have launched attacks on Egyptian forces and Israel. Since his election, Morsi has promised to abide by Egypt's 1979 peace deal with Israel.

The Palestinian cause unites Egypt's feuding political factions, from secular leftists to conservative Islamists, and all are putting pressure on Morsi to be tough on Israel.

Singapore

#154406 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick puppy.
Why do you say that?
bmz

Singapore

#154408 Nov 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that bro.
There are many decent ones out there and I am sure they cringe at net-an-yahoo boy's cries!
I hope so, bro. This generation of Israeli leaders must be replaced. They are a threat to the world's peace.

So far, I have not read any statement from the White House. it would be interesting to see what that house does.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154409 Nov 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as nice as killing ALL gentiles that EVER breathed as per the non Gentile "Old Testament"!!
42:6985 is from whose god you butt-turd?
rabbee: not without disrespecting G-D, you can't. being true to G-D, is not determined by whether you are called jew, muslem, or christian. the judgement is based solely on, whether you really are true to G-D or not. in this world of all you nobodies, really true to G-D here in TheHappening.
bmz

Singapore

#154410 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
Morsi condemns Israel's actions
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_worl...
CAIRO - Egypt's Islamist president delivered his fiercest condemnation yet of Israel's offensive in Gaza on Friday, warning that the blood Israel sheds will be a "curse upon it" and presenting post-revolution Egypt as the new Arab champion for the Palestinians.
Despite the strong rhetoric, Morsi's government continues to work closely with Israel on security issues pertaining to the Sinai Peninsula, where militants have launched attacks on Egyptian forces and Israel. Since his election, Morsi has promised to abide by Egypt's 1979 peace deal with Israel.
The Palestinian cause unites Egypt's feuding political factions, from secular leftists to conservative Islamists, and all are putting pressure on Morsi to be tough on Israel.

Denver, CO

#154411 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your fingers crossed and look forward to the new season. It is worth watching.
rabbee: well the whole world, has already got itself condemned by G-D. so what's! your point? all you, are. are the condemned condemning, each other.

muslems are all cursed, christians are all cursed, jews are all cursed, along with all the rest of you pagans.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154412 Nov 17, 2012
and as long as your grandmother chaooah is cursed. then so are all of you, who taught her how to be cursed. just like the house of the pharoah, was cursed when Sarah was kidnapped. so are all of you cursed for helping, kidnapp yo mama.
BMZ

Singapore, Singapore

#154413 Nov 17, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well the whole world, has already got itself condemned by G-D. so what's! your point? all you, are. are the condemned condemning, each other.
muslems are all cursed, christians are all cursed, jews are all cursed, along with all the rest of you pagans.
Not the whole world.

My point is how best can we remove the curse between the two sides, Rabbee.

I am neither condemning the Israelis nor the Palestinians. I just want to see if things get better after the post-Spring M. E.

Sorry, forgot to sign in.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154414 Nov 17, 2012
BMZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the whole world.
I am neither condemning the Israelis nor the Palestinians. I just want to see if things get better after the post-Spring M. E.
Sorry, forgot to sign in.
rabbee: no! G-D did not make any exception, when THEY-BOTH came to speak to me. the only difference between now and then, is i am no longer included in that curse.

and it ain't going to get better, as long as you all support the beasts that kidnapped your grandmother sarah. as long as she is in the custody of the serpent, it ain't going to get better in this world.

i do not care what nation, you live in your all cursed of G-D. i don't care what religion, you claim to be or not be. your all still, being cursed. and this world pleasing the beasts, is not even trying to please G-D.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154415 Nov 17, 2012
BMZ wrote:
I'm not a Jew, but I can tell you that the Jews would rather just be left alone.

Unfortunately, because of your "prophet's" animus toward Jews -those "descendants of apes and pigs"- and made even worse (!) by the Hadith compilers like Muslim and Bukhari, there will be no removal of "the curse" between the "two sides" in this conflict.
That is, it just won't do at all that Jews, even SECULAR Jews, should have a nation of their own in the heart of Allahville, when they SHOULD be crushed under the heels of MUSLIMS who are clearly their superiors, by DIVINE DECREE. I mean, the Qur'an says so!!@!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154416 Nov 17, 2012
Muslim Clerics: The Jews Are the Descendants of Apes, Pigs, And Other Animals
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

Excerpt:

Depicting Jews – and sometimes also Zionists – as "the descendants of apes and pigs" is extremely widespread today in public discourse in the Arab and Islamic worlds.

For example, in a weekly sermon in April 2002, Al-Azhar Sheikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, the highest-ranking cleric in the Sunni Muslim world, called the Jews "the enemies of Allah, descendants of apes and pigs."

In one of his sermons, Saudi sheikh Abd Al-Rahman Al-Sudayyis, imam and preacher at the Al-Haraam mosque – the most important mosque in Mecca – beseeched Allah to annihilate the Jews. He also urged the Arabs to give up peace initiatives with them because they are "the scum of the human race, the rats of the world, the violators of pacts and agreements, the murderers of the prophets, and the offspring of apes and pigs."

"Read history," called Al-Sudayyis in another sermon, "and you will understand that the Jews of yesterday are the evil fathers of the Jews of today, who are evil offspring, infidels, distorters of [others'] words, calf-worshippers, prophet-murderers, prophecy-deniers... the scum of the human race 'whom Allah cursed and turned into apes and pigs...' These are the Jews, an ongoing continuum of deceit, obstinacy, licentiousness, evil, and corruption..."

In a sermon at the Said Al-Jandoul mosque in Al-Taif, Saudi sheikh Ba'd bin Abdallah Al-Ajameh Al-Ghamidi explained that "the qualities of the Jews" were present at all times and in all places: "The current behavior of the brothers of apes and pigs, their treachery, violation of agreements, and defiling of holy places... is connected with the deeds of their forefathers during the early period of Islam – which proves the great similarity between all the Jews living today and the Jews who lived at the dawn of Islam."

In an August 2001 sermon, Sheikh Ibrahim Madhi, Palestinian Authority official and imam of the Sheikh Ijlin mosque, Gaza City's main mosque, called on the Palestinian people to forget their internal disagreements and turn all weapons against Jews: "lances must be directed at the Jews, the enemies of Allah, the nation accursed in Allah's book. Allah described [them] as apes and pigs, calf-worshipers, idol-worshippers..."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154417 Nov 17, 2012
Islam, the religion of HATRED of Jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From riches to ruins: Ancient Greeks 'stored mi... Jul 1 SpaceBlues 1
News Mummified Remains Found in Indiana Jun 29 wichita-rick 6
News El Paso Museum of Archaeology trails need repair Jun 29 eyes of texas 1
News Islamic State Group Blows up 2 Mausoleums in Sy... Jun 26 Mawar 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jun 20 Frankie Lucas 1,972
News Before us, the Chickasaw: Their history is ofte... Jun 20 Different times 1
News LBL managers working on plans, seeking input on... (Jun '10) Jun 13 Just Sayin 2
More from around the web