Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230741 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154367 Nov 17, 2012
hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah ia the same God as abraham mossses and isaac. Yacob. Maybe you should get over believing in your gods and get over your field.beasts to see reality. And start seeing positive and good in people. Do meditation or maybe be a yogiii you will profit a lot from it.
rabbee: bull crap! even your tribal arabic g-ds are not the same. and your g-ds can't even spell, Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, Daveed, Shlomoh, Adam and adam and chaooah. as they appear here in living scripture, in that precise order.

as you do not spell adam, with either a j or a u. their is sumthin funny, about your other g-ds only knowing how to spell muhammed right. and disrespect and insult, all the real Prophets names.

i have had three visits, actually with G-D. and THEY-BOTH are not the same g-ds all all of yours. and my visits with G-D, is verified in TheTorah. and your muhammed's visit with an angel, are not even mentioned in TheTorah. and a visit actually with G-D, outweighs any visit from an angel.

and an actual visit from G-D, is worth more than any of your yogert or medi-tation. or any of the rest, of your demonic bs.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154368 Nov 17, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Muslim
rabbee: well you, could of fooled me. since a muslem, is a never true to G-D pagan also. in a whole world, acting like a bunch of wild pagan muslems. in this world that can't even get, adolph hitlers name right. cause it's, actually muhammed.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154369 Nov 17, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you misinterpret the Torah.
rabbee: are you! trying to tell me. that G-D HIMSELF, misintrepeted TheTorah for me? when HE came to tell me, all about IT and the woman chaooah.

just like it says, G-D always does here in the living scripture. now i know for sure, your another liar. trying to call TheG-D, of This Whole Story a liar again. just like the rest of this lying world, always calling G-D a liar.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#154370 Nov 17, 2012
abc wrote:
I don't care what the rabbis teach. Rabbis are men not God and they are not prophets.

they know better than anyone else what to call their YHWH in Arabic
abc wrote:
Abraham's God is named YHWH. Allah is the name of a god, YHWH is the name of a God. They are different.
show us in the whole of your "scripture, the "New Testament", where to find the name "YHWH" (or Jehovah lol)
Jesus never mentioned "YHWH", Paul too never mentioned "YHWH"

we can only find the names "Kyrios", "Theos" and "Pater"
therefore using your own logic, your god is not the same as the God of Abraham hehe
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154371 Nov 17, 2012
Meanwhile...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/17...

Excerpts:

Updated at 8:10 a.m. ET: Israeli aircraft bombed Hamas headquarters before dawn on Saturday, including the office of Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, as conflict in the region entered its fourth day.

Israeli planes shattered Haniyeh's office building - where he had met with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil the day before - and struck the interior ministry.

Loud explosions regularly rocked the densely populated Palestinian territory, sending plumes of smoke billowing into the sky. The occasional hiss of outgoing rocket fire showed Islamist militants were pursuing their defiance of the assault.
Hamas says it is committed to continued confrontation with Israel and is eager not to seem any less resolute than smaller, more radical groups that have emerged in Gaza in recent years.
"This will last as long as is needed; we have not limited ourselves in means or in time," Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman told Israel's Channel One television on Saturday.
The Israeli military said some 367 rockets fired from Gaza had hit Israel since Wednesday and at least 222 more were intercepted by its Iron Dome anti-missile system.
Despite the violence, Tunisia's foreign minister arrived in the coastal enclave on Saturday in a show of solidarity, denouncing the Israeli attacks as illegitimate and unacceptable.

Why? you ask.

It's because in the minds of many Muslims, especially those of the Arab persuasion, Israel has no right to exist as a nation, at least not in the heart of Allahville.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154372 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
Meanwhile...
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/17...
Excerpts:
Updated at 8:10 a.m. ET: Israeli aircraft bombed Hamas headquarters before dawn on Saturday, including the office of Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, as conflict in the region entered its fourth day.
Israeli planes shattered Haniyeh's office building - where he had met with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil the day before - and struck the interior ministry.
Loud explosions regularly rocked the densely populated Palestinian territory, sending plumes of smoke billowing into the sky. The occasional hiss of outgoing rocket fire showed Islamist militants were pursuing their defiance of the assault.
Hamas says it is committed to continued confrontation with Israel and is eager not to seem any less resolute than smaller, more radical groups that have emerged in Gaza in recent years.
"This will last as long as is needed; we have not limited ourselves in means or in time," Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman told Israel's Channel One television on Saturday.
The Israeli military said some 367 rockets fired from Gaza had hit Israel since Wednesday and at least 222 more were intercepted by its Iron Dome anti-missile system.
Despite the violence, Tunisia's foreign minister arrived in the coastal enclave on Saturday in a show of solidarity, denouncing the Israeli attacks as illegitimate and unacceptable.
Israel has the right to exist as a state but Israel needs an Israeli Spring. The Israeli left has to kick out the Israeli "Republicans", who govern Israel.

I am watching the events with a great interest. This time there is no Hosni Mubarak and King Abdullah of Jordan will remain dormant and other Arab despots would not be able to keep quiet, as the situation now is different from the previous occasion, when Israel merrily bombarded Ghaza.

The smart asses at the White House are keeping quiet. I find that interesting.

Hope Israel invades Ghaza.
bmz

Singapore

#154373 Nov 17, 2012
HughBe wrote:
I was on youtube and typed Judaism Forum. Arising from this I encountered the video below. It is interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oCKWDarNdGwXX&feature=rel ated
Thank you, HughBe for a great link.

That was not only interesting but it was also an eye-opener.

Hope Buford watches the video.

Since: Nov 12

Bradford, UK

#154374 Nov 17, 2012
And from among [God's] signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down in worship to the sun or to the moon, but bow down to the God (Allah) who created them, if it is truly Him you serve.(Quran, 41:37)

How much clearer could the Quran be? This single verse is enough to refute the entire moon-god theory: the Quran, the holy book of Islam, categorically forbids worship of the moon. Although this verse does indicate that moon-worship existed in pre-Islamic Arabia, it should be remembered that the moon was but one of many objects the pagan Arabs worshiped and the Quran categorically rejected and forbade such worship. Allah was not the moon according to Islamic theory; rather, He created the moon, along with the sun, the stars, and everything else.

Your Lord is God (Allah), who created the heavens and earth in six Days, then established Himself on the throne; He makes the night cover the day in swift pursuit; He created the sun, moon, and stars to be subservient to His command; all creation and command belong to Him. Exalted be God, Lord of all the worlds!(Quran, 7:54)

It is He (God) who made the sun a lamp, and the moon a light.(Quran, 10:5)

It is God (Allah) who raised up the heavens with no visible supports and then established Himself on the throne; He has subjected the sun and the moon each to pursue its course for an appointed time; He regulates all things…(Quran, 13:2)

It is He (Allah) who created night and day, the sun and the moon, each floating in its orbit.(Quran, 21:33)

They ask you about the crescent moons. Say:“They are time-marks for the people and help determine the time of Hajj (pilgrimage).”(Quran, 2:189)

[God] made the sun and the moon for reckoning time.(Quran, 6:96)

Phases and Time: The Moon has played a vital role in the formation of our Calendar. The word "month" comes from a root word "moon" or "moonth," the time it takes the Moon to go from New Moon to New Moon. A close look at the history of the Calendar can be found at the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center.

http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSystem/MoonIn...

It seems like the Quran’s understanding of the moon is pretty spot-on: the moon helps calculate the months of the year.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154375 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
Israel has the right to exist as a state...
You should tell these folks:

http://www.google.com/webhp...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154376 Nov 17, 2012
The Gathering Storm
http://townhall.com/columnists/paulgreenberg/...

"This is the world after the Arab Spring, which brought hope and danger in at least equal measure. So long as aggression is tolerated, as it has been for so long as rocket barrage after rocket barrage has fallen on Israel's civilian population without an effective response, the pressure on the Jewish state to strike back will increase. Till the inevitable explosion erupts. And it looks as if it's about to. Once again."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154378 Nov 17, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 3:14, Isaiah 42:8. So now you acknowledge, YHWH is not Allah. YHWH is translated to I AM in English bible. SO Christian do not worship Allah, we worship Triune God.
hello clever person...

YHWH= I AM.

What do you think of these including the message in broken English?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.(Broken english????)

or was it??

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, "I AM".

or was it??

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, YHWH.

Now can you see how stupid it is??

Now read the full tihng in context....

Jesus does NOT claim he is God!!

Otherwise he would have said:

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was "I AM" (YHWH).

Or

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was with "I AM" (YHWH).

or

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was "I AM"; After Abraham, I am still "I AM" and shall continue to be "I AM" until heavens and earth pass away !!!!!!!!!!

Now to the rest....

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
(God does honour prophets!!!)

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus HID himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.( there he goes again HIDING!)
bmz

Singapore

#154379 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>You should tell these folks:
They know.

These are different times and Israel should realize that it is Spring time in the neighborhood. So, she should also have a Spring within Israel. The sooner, the better.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154380 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel has the right to exist as a state but Israel needs an Israeli Spring. The Israeli left has to kick out the Israeli "Republicans", who govern Israel.
I am watching the events with a great interest. This time there is no Hosni Mubarak and King Abdullah of Jordan will remain dormant and other Arab despots would not be able to keep quiet, as the situation now is different from the previous occasion, when Israel merrily bombarded Ghaza.
The smart asses at the White House are keeping quiet. I find that interesting.
Hope Israel invades Ghaza.
The Gentile Christians are saddled with non Gentile Christian Old Testament that belongs to non Gentiles.

Is HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF.
Are we allowing the deniers of Christ to do what they did thousands of years ago because we misunderstand the Old Testament that is for Jews?

GAZA and Palestine?

12 Joshua TOOK all these royal cities and their kings and put them to the sword. He totally DESTROYED them, as Moses the servant of the Lord had commanded.(yeah right, what a loving god!!)

13 Yet Israel did not burn any of the cities built on their mounds (SETTLEMENTS)—except Hazor, which Joshua burned.

14 The ISRAELITES carried off for themselves all the PLUNDER (modern day PALESTINE?) and livestock of these cities, but all the people THEY PUT TO THE SWORD until they COMPLETELY DESTROYED THEM, not sparing anyone that breathed.

15 As the Lord commanded ( i am sure!!!) his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua did it; he left nothing undone of all that the Lord commanded Moses.

16 So Joshua TOOK THIS ENTIRE LAND: the hill country, all the Negev, the whole region of Goshen, the western foothills, the Arabah and the mountains of Israel with their foothills, 17from Mount Halak, which rises toward Seir, to Baal Gad in the Valley of Lebanon below Mount Hermon. He captured all their kings and struck them down, putting them to death. 18Joshua waged war against all these kings for a long time. 19Except for the Hivites living in Gibeon, not one city made a treaty of peace with the Israelites, who took them all in battle. 20For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses.

21At that time Joshua went and DESTROYED the Anakites from the hill country: from HEBRON, Debir and Anab, from all the hill country of Judah, and from all the hill country of Israel. Joshua totally DESTROYED them and their TOWNS.

22 No Anakites(modern day equivalent PALESTINIAN?) were left in Israelite territory; only in GAZA, Gath and Ashdod did any survive.

23 So Joshua TOOK THE ENTIRE LAND, just as the Lord had directed Moses (WHAT A LORD?), and he gave it as an inheritance to Israel according to their tribal divisions.

This is happening NOW because the THE BOOKS were WRITTEN BY Non Gentiles TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM.

This has nothing to do with PEACE LOVING GENTILE CHRISTIANS WHO FOLLOW GENTLE GENTILE RISEN CHRIST THE PEACE GIVER!

Non Gentile Jesus lived and died as a non Gentile and was risen as a Gentile. Then all makes sense.
bmz

Singapore

#154381 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
The Gathering Storm
http://townhall.com/columnists/paulgreenberg/...
"This is the world after the Arab Spring, which brought hope and danger in at least equal measure. So long as aggression is tolerated, as it has been for so long as rocket barrage after rocket barrage has fallen on Israel's civilian population without an effective response, the pressure on the Jewish state to strike back will increase. Till the inevitable explosion erupts. And it looks as if it's about to. Once again."
I want to see Israel invade Ghaza. It would be worth watching. Let me get some popcorn. You too get a bucket full.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154383 Nov 17, 2012
Al-Azhar Grand Imam slams Israeli attacks on Gaza
http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx...

The Grand Imam of Egypt's powerful al-Azhar Mosque denounced Israel's strikes on Gaza on Wednesday, calling them the "Zionist army's bombing of innocent civilians", Egyptian and Saudi news sources reported.

In his statement on Wednesday, Mohamed Ahmed El Tayeb warned the "Zionist entity" against continuing the strikes, which he said were "brutal" and would lead the entire region into a wider conflict.

El Tayeb called on the United Nations and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation to act for the people of Gaza and deter the "usurper entity from exercising its barbarism against defenseless civilians", according to Saudi Arabia's Bab news site.

The Grand Imam said Palestinians in Gaza had a "right to live safely like any other human beings."

However, in his statement El Tayeb did not mention or allude to the rocket attacks against Israel.

A Muslim Brotherhood rally in Cairo on Friday at the Sunni world’s most prestigious center of learning turned into a call for genocide, with protesters pledging to “one day kill all Jews.”

Speakers at the demonstration condemned “Zionist occupiers” and “treacherous Jews,” and organizers distributed maps of the Old City highlighting areas where “Zionists are aiming to change Jerusalem’s Muslim character.”

Muhammad Ahmed el- Tayeb, the imam of al-Azhar Mosque, told the crowd:“Al- Aksa Mosque is currently under an offensive by the Jews... We shall not allow the Zionists to Judaize al-Quds [Jerusalem]. We are telling Israel and Europe that we shall not allow even one stone to be moved there.”

Protesters chanted,“Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv: Judgment Day has come,” and passages from the Koran vowing that “one day we shall kill all the Jews.”

Paybacks are hell, eh?
bmz

Singapore

#154384 Nov 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gentile Christians are saddled with non Gentile Christian Old Testament that belongs to non Gentiles.
Is HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF.
Are we allowing the deniers of Christ to do what they did thousands of years ago because we misunderstand the Old Testament that is for Jews?
GAZA and Palestine?
12 Joshua TOOK all these royal cities and their kings and put them to the sword. He totally DESTROYED them, as Moses the servant of the Lord had commanded.(yeah right, what a loving god!!)
13 Yet Israel did not burn any of the cities built on their mounds (SETTLEMENTS)—except Hazor, which Joshua burned.
14 The ISRAELITES carried off for themselves all the PLUNDER (modern day PALESTINE?) and livestock of these cities, but all the people THEY PUT TO THE SWORD until they COMPLETELY DESTROYED THEM, not sparing anyone that breathed.
15 As the Lord commanded ( i am sure!!!) his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua did it; he left nothing undone of all that the Lord commanded Moses.
16 So Joshua TOOK THIS ENTIRE LAND: the hill country, all the Negev, the whole region of Goshen, the western foothills, the Arabah and the mountains of Israel with their foothills, 17from Mount Halak, which rises toward Seir, to Baal Gad in the Valley of Lebanon below Mount Hermon. He captured all their kings and struck them down, putting them to death. 18Joshua waged war against all these kings for a long time. 19Except for the Hivites living in Gibeon, not one city made a treaty of peace with the Israelites, who took them all in battle. 20For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
21At that time Joshua went and DESTROYED the Anakites from the hill country: from HEBRON, Debir and Anab, from all the hill country of Judah, and from all the hill country of Israel. Joshua totally DESTROYED them and their TOWNS.
22 No Anakites(modern day equivalent PALESTINIAN?) were left in Israelite territory; only in GAZA, Gath and Ashdod did any survive.
23 So Joshua TOOK THE ENTIRE LAND, just as the Lord had directed Moses (WHAT A LORD?), and he gave it as an inheritance to Israel according to their tribal divisions.
This is happening NOW because the THE BOOKS were WRITTEN BY Non Gentiles TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM.
This has nothing to do with PEACE LOVING GENTILE CHRISTIANS WHO FOLLOW GENTLE GENTILE RISEN CHRIST THE PEACE GIVER!
Non Gentile Jesus lived and died as a non Gentile and was risen as a Gentile. Then all makes sense.
Christianity had never known peace although Jesus almost lost his voice by parroting that word to ignorant fools.

It is now time time that the Jews and the Palestinians know and realize what is peace.

Let us see how the Israeli 'Republicans' behave.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154385 Nov 17, 2012
The Jew Behind the Tree
http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2011/12/jew...

“The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree,(a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.”(related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).

— Sahih Muslim, 41:6985
bmz

Singapore

#154392 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
The Jew Behind the Tree
“The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree,(a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.”(related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).
Forget the rotten hadith. The Jews do not bring it up, so how does that affect you, a Christian?

I heard Israel has planted millions of Gharqad trees, supplied by Christians. LMAO!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154395 Nov 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity had never known peace although Jesus almost lost his voice by parroting that word to ignorant fools.
It is now time time that the Jews and the Palestinians know and realize what is peace.
Let us see how the Israeli 'Republicans' behave.
How are you bro!
You did notice my tongue in cheek there! lol...
The peace loving gentile Chrisitans have to ditch the warring non-gentile books and follow all the "lurv" of Christianity, thus help bring peace between Jews and Muslims instead of stirring them by dumping Jews in Palestine who now wish to expand a "bit" more!
Salaams
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#154396 Nov 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
The Jew Behind the Tree
Not as nice as killing ALL gentiles that EVER breathed as per the non Gentile "Old Testament"!!
42:6985 is from whose god you butt-turd?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Augustine 450 1 hr Saint Redeemed 16
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Aug 26 The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul '15 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul '15 mICHEAL 24
More from around the web