Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 13166 comments on the Spero News story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, Spero News reports that:

Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. But they won't be laughing for very long.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spero News.

Sound Doc

AOL

#51 Jul 25, 2008
ISLAM is My LIFE wrote:
Christian Women!... Wake Up!
I challenge any Christian Woman to bring even one EXPLICIT passage from the bible that explicitly says women will enter the Kingdom of God (Heaven).
==========
"And from among His (Allah's) Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [The Noble Quran 41:37]
"Say: He is Allah (God), the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.
(The Noble Quran 112)
[Mar 12:29] Jesus answered, "The most important is,'Hear, O Israel, the Lord OUR God is ONE Lord"
God does not look at that; Ga 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
He sees us as equal.
Sound Doc

AOL

#52 Jul 25, 2008
The Book Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was clear, I just want you to post to me from your own bible an explicit verse/passage states that chrisitan WOMEN (like yourself) will indeed enter the Kingdom of God.
I didn't ask about Mary (PBUH) the mother of Jesus. However, I can ask you an additional question about her. Quote to me where did your biblical Jesus call her -even once- "MOTHER"!!..I want you to quote to me where did Jesus in the bible said that his mother will enter the Kingdom of God !
On the contrary he was harsh with her as you can see in these passages:
When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." And Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come." [John 2:3-4].
And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." [Luke 8:19-21]
Anyone can understand from the above passage that Jesus was not happy with his mother!!!
With respect to Luke 8:19-21 and John 2:4, no Muslim could ever believe that Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him) treated his mother in this way, and as such must attribute this to further examples of fabrications found in the Bible.
That is your interpretation, I do not read that into it. I see only a man teasing his Mother with love and gentle reproof. It would depend on the expression He used wouldn't it?
On this; My hour has not yet come." [John 2:3-4].He was referring to His death on the cross.

On the verse where they were standing outside, He was not denying His family, because His Mother and brothers did believe on Him too. James, His brother wrote the book ,''James'' Jude, His brother wrote,'' Jude''
Mary knew when She became pregnant whom she was carrying. It is written, Lu 2:19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.

Again, you are reading into these verses your own feelings and not being objective rather you are being prejudiced and opinionated about the feelings and motives portrayed. God calls that,''Judging according to appearances'' You do not really know how He said those things and neither do you know His motives. You have a very shallow view of spiritual things. God calls it a carnal or fleshly mind. 1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Proud Christian

United States

#53 Jul 25, 2008
ISLAM is My LIFE wrote:
Christian Women!... Wake Up!
I challenge any Christian Woman to bring even one EXPLICIT passage from the bible that explicitly says women will enter the Kingdom of God (Heaven).
Galatians 3:28, "There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus."

As you can see from this verse, it doesn't matter if you are Jewish or Gentile, it doesn't matter if you are a slave or free, and it doesn't matter if you are a man or woman. We are all equal in the eyes of God.

The Bible tells us God has no favorites
"For God has no favorites" Colossians 3:25

God, our Father, loves all His children. We are adopted sons and daughters of God.

“Hail Mary, full of Grace”

Since: Dec 07

I'm ProLife :)

#54 Jul 25, 2008
The Book Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was clear, I just want you to post to me from your own bible an explicit verse/passage states that chrisitan WOMEN (like yourself) will indeed enter the Kingdom of God.
I didn't ask about Mary (PBUH) the mother of Jesus. However, I can ask you an additional question about her. Quote to me where did your biblical Jesus call her -even once- "MOTHER"!!..I want you to quote to me where did Jesus in the bible said that his mother will enter the Kingdom of God !
On the contrary he was harsh with her as you can see in these passages:
When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." And Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come." [John 2:3-4].
And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." [Luke 8:19-21]
Anyone can understand from the above passage that Jesus was not happy with his mother!!!
With respect to Luke 8:19-21 and John 2:4, no Muslim could ever believe that Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him) treated his mother in this way, and as such must attribute this to further examples of fabrications found in the Bible.
Women will enter heaven [Galatians 3:28]

Second, where Jesus calls His mother woman, back then it wasn't an insult as it is today. As a matter of fact, Jesus was an observant Jew, He would have followed the Ten Commandments, one of which is honor thy father and thy mother. He would have honored His mother.

You lack Biblical understanding, and common sense. Trevor is a man's name. I am a man.
TheTruth

AOL

#56 Jul 25, 2008
I will say that anyone preaching that the "Jews" in Palestine today are GODS Chosen People is COMMITTING TREASON, and supporting the very enemies of GOD that must be made His footstool before He can return.

NO ONE preaching this doctrine of devils should be listened to on ANY subject, for their mind's are heavily contaminated with error!!! And I care NOT who they are, how much they are respected, or how popular they may be. They are DECEIVING THE PEOPLE with a very grave error!!! If you do not believe that statement today, you will in the days ahead.
TheTruth

AOL

#57 Jul 25, 2008
People, I cannot emphasize enough the magnitude of the deception involved with calling those that are Edomites, "Jews". It is one of a dreadful influence upon the mind. People are flocking to hear "Jews" teach them that the Edomites in Palestine are Jews, are the Israel of GOD fulfilling prophecy; that the Anglo-Saxons have the same "Jewish Roots" that they do; and that we MUST support and pray for them when in fact we should be desiring their destruction. Anyone believing those lies is BEING DECEIVED, and I mean in a very great way! Anyone who believes them is believing the AUTHOR of those lies, and by that belief, being placed under that Author's headship. Hear me well! COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!!!
ISLAM is My LIFE

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#59 Jul 25, 2008
Who Wrote the Bible?... must watch

First shown on Channel 4 in December 2004.

A documentary done and presented By Dr. Robert Beckford who himself is a christian and has a Ph.D. degree in Theology.

Watch this important documentary here http://video.google.com/videoplay...

Who Wrote the Bible? Is the Bible the Word of God? Why is the Bible full of Contradictions?

This documentary explores questions at the heart of the great Christian faith in a fair open-minded fashion. It is NOT meant to be inflamatory but informative. The truth one will see is the Bible is NOT what it is thought to be. So what is the Bible? Find out!

Visit www.IslamicVideos.net for more videos like this!
Muslim 4 Christ

AOL

#60 Jul 25, 2008
ISLAM is My LIFE wrote:
Who Wrote the Bible?... must watch
First shown on Channel 4 in December 2004.
A documentary done and presented By Dr. Robert Beckford who himself is a christian and has a Ph.D. degree in Theology.
Watch this important documentary here http://video.google.com/videoplay...
Who Wrote the Bible? Is the Bible the Word of God? Why is the Bible full of Contradictions?
This documentary explores questions at the heart of the great Christian faith in a fair open-minded fashion. It is NOT meant to be inflamatory but informative. The truth one will see is the Bible is NOT what it is thought to be. So what is the Bible? Find out!
Visit www.IslamicVideos.net for more videos like this!
More taqiyya, deceptioon And propaganda with NO proof, just false interpretation and twisting.
Muslim 4 Christ

AOL

#61 Jul 25, 2008
The slop of the Quran;
Surah 4:82 says that if one error is found in the Quran, that proves
it is not from GOD. Well, sure that makes sense, if it came from God who never makes a mistake. Now if it is not from God there will be at least one mistake because man is not all knowing, right?

Documented errors in the Quran:
Surah 20:85-7 and 95-7 claim the Samaritans enticed Israel to make a
golden calf when Moses was receiving the 10 Commandments on Mt Sinai.
Yet the term Samaritan hadn't been coined when events depicted
in Exodus unfolded. The Samaritan people could not have existed during
the life of Moses as they didn't become a nation until 800 years
later. The city of Samaria was founded by King Omri in 875 B.C.
Oops! a big mistake! This one disqualifies the quran as God's word, but wait! There are more.

Surahs 7:124 and 26:49 say that Pharaoh admonished his sorcerers
because they believed in the superiority of Moses power over them.
Pharaoh says they will die on the cross. But there were no crosses in
those days. Crucifixion was first practiced by the Assyrians in 519 BC, How can we get away from this one? This is historical fact.
under the rule of Darius I. The Encyclopedia Britannica reports:
Crucifixion did not exist any earlier than 500 BC.

In Surah 19:28 Mohammed couldn't even get the historical names
correct!! The Quran confuses the sister of Moses (Miriam) with Mary, the
mother of JESUS. Surah 19:28, 66:12 & 3:35. The two women lived
about 1,500 years apart. Mohammed taught that Mary, the mother of JESUS,
was the daughter of Imran or Amran, the father of Moses and Aaron.(Now we know that the quran is not of God, even God knows that.)

Surah 17:1 claims Mohammed went to the farthest mosque during his
night's journey. Muslims believe this was either the Jewish Temple
or the Dome of the Rock, in Jerusalem. But neither existed in 620 AD.
The Last Temple was destroyed in 70 AD, and the Dome of the Rock was
not built until 691, 59 years after Mohammed's death.

Surahs 28:38, 29:38, 40:25, 38 say that Haman was a servant of
Pharaoh and that he built a tower to ascend up to the God of Moses. But the
Tower of Babel dates 750 years earlier and is Babylonian, not
Egyptian. The name Haman is brought to us by Esther. She writes about what
became Persia 1,100 years after Pharaoh. While Muslim apologists say it is simply another Haman, the name is not Egyptian, but uniquely Babylonian. Large parts of the Qur'an are direct transfers from the Bible. Many more parts of the Qur'an contain stories about personalities from the Bible, but often the stories are incorrect.
Muslim 4 Christ

AOL

#63 Jul 25, 2008
More horrid mistakes in the So called direct word of God, the Quran;

The Qur'an states that Mary was Aaron's sister, that the great Flood of Noah occurred during the time of Moses, and that Joseph was bought as a slave by an Egyptian named Aziz (instead of Potiphar), to name a few. The evidence seems to point to an early acquaintance with the Christian scriptures during the early years of the Arab Empire, and also to the misunderstanding of much of what they heard and saw in them. The Arabs merely cobbled together their various impressions of what they had heard, and made them a part of the Qur'an.
Further, it ought to be noted that passages in the Qur'an which Islam points to as "proof" of the corruption of earlier texts really do not indicate that Mohammed taught the corruption of the texts themselves. Two primary Quranic passages used by Muslims to claim Biblical corruption are these:
"And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby." (Surah 2:78-79)
"Can ye (O ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it." (Surah 2:75)
Truth is Mohammed was was not only illiterate, but he was also ignorant of the bible's teaching on Who God is. He must have gotten his false doctrine from the Catholic woman he was married to because they are the only ones who teach that Mary is the Mother of God. And this is absolutley not scriptural. He thought that Christians say that the trinity consists of Mary Jesus and the Father. Even allah should know that one. The bible plainly shows the Devinity of GOD THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT, AS JESUS Himself taught.
Mt 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Mary was never claimed to be devine in the bible.

Neither of these passages indicate textual corruption. The first passage refers to people (illiterates, who wouldn't be able to read the Bible anywise) who act upon their own accord to create their own scriptures, and then try to pass them off as sacred writings. Of course, how illiterates create their own scripture is not explained. This aside, it does not refer to the corruption of the words of God, but rather to the development of competitors to the words of God, false teachings and new books. The second passage refers to people who heard preaching, and knowingly perverted what they had heard to something else. As Parrinder has noted, these ayat refer to misinterpreting scripture, and passing off something which is not scripture as if it were so, but say nothing about the text of the previous scriptures being corrupted 2.
God's Preservation of the Bible
While the falsity of Muslim claims for the revelation of the Qur'an and its subsequent lack of change have been previously exposed, the
Muslim 4 Christ

AOL

#64 Jul 25, 2008
Muslim charges concerning the corruption of the Bible ought to be addressed briefly. Islam has yet to produce any textual evidence to demonstrate the corruption of the Biblical texts as a whole. Often, Muslims will try to point to differences in readings between individual manuscripts, and use this to support their assertion. However, the science of textual criticism, as applied to the task of systematically examining the manuscript evidence, provides Christian scholars the ability to distinguish between true and spurious readings in individual manuscripts. The body of evidence, from Greek manuscripts, the manuscripts of other ancient versions (Old Latin, Syriac, Coptic, Latin Vulgate, etc.), and the quotations of early Christian writers allows us to determine the content of the original autographic texts with as yet unassailed certainty. It should be noted that, as was dealt with earlier, Islam cannot truthfully make the same claim, and in fact is logistically unable to even make the attempt because of the artificial standardisation of the Arabic Qur’an text by Uthman, and the subsequent destruction of most all contrary Quranic manuscript evidence.
Thus, the Muslim assertion rests entirely on blind faith in what amounts to a tradition handed down through Islam for roughly 1500 years. Facts show, however, that the texts used to produce the King James Bible are the preserved, uncorrupted words of God.
The Old Testament was written originally in Hebrew (except for certain portions of Daniel and Ezra which are in Aramaic). Therefore, we must look at the history of the Hebrew texts to examine for corruption. Romans 3:1-2 tells us,
"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly because that unto them were committed the oracles of God." This passage clearly illustrates to us that it was the Jews who had been given the responsibility and privilege of passing on and protecting God's Word. This they did, too, through their Masoretic school. The Hebrew Masoretes followed a very prescribed, very rigourous means of transcribing copies of the Hebrew scriptures 3. Among other things, they had to have an authentic copy of the texts before them when copying. Jesus Christ did not trust man's memories. He always spoke to confirm God's word by saying.'' It is written.''
They could not copy anything from memory, but had to have an authentic copy in front of them, sounding out each word before copying it. The copyist had to have the word on his lips, not just in his mind. Rules governed everything involved with the copying, even the colour of the ink used, the number of lines per column of text, the preparation of the parchment skins used, etc. Strict rules were followed which governed the style of letter formation, space between letters, the handling of the pen used to copy.
Care was taken not just to transfer words, but to standardise them so rigourously that the copy was as nearly a perfect replica of the original as was humanly possible. The quality of copying from this method would compare favourably with what we would see from a copying machine today.
Steven

Los Angeles, CA

#65 Jul 25, 2008
Kentucky Trevor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, wrong. The Christians that speak Arabic that call God Allah are worshiping the True God. Muslims just happen to also call their god Allah, but it is not the same God.
Christians that call God Allah are worshiping Jehovah, they just simply use the same word "The God" that Muslims use to refer to their moon god.
But in English we don't call God Allah, because when people say Allah in English most think of the false Islamic god and not the True God, Jehovah.
AMEN! Right on!
Steven

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Jul 25, 2008
Bible contridictions are not what they appear.
Do not be fooled by so called contridictions,
your salvation after this life is at stake.

You will feel and experience every eternal pain or joy depending on your choices.

Get things cleared up in your head at:

1. www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm - 232k
www.christiananswers.net/menu-at1.html - 58k
contenderministries.org/discrepancies/contrad ...- 135k
www.apologeticsindex.org/b08.html - 29k
www.apocalipsis.org/difficulties.htm - 29k
www.godandscience.org/apologetics/contralinks ...- 17k
Spamming Islam

Calexico, CA

#67 Jul 25, 2008
Like you do Christian threads. You can thank Ali.

“Hail Mary, full of Grace”

Since: Dec 07

I'm ProLife :)

#68 Jul 25, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! Right on!
I have heard the testemonies of so many former muslims that have converted to Christianity that say muslims do not worship the same God as we do, Our God, Jehovah.
TheTruth

AOL

#69 Jul 27, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! Right on!
Muslims do not worship ANY moon God fool! Kentucky trevor. Your name says it all!
TheTruth

AOL

#70 Jul 27, 2008
Kentucky Trevor wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard the testemonies of so many former muslims that have converted to Christianity that say muslims do not worship the same God as we do, Our God, Jehovah.
Muslims worship ONE GOD and thats ALLAH! I don't know what muslims you are speaking of but they were CLEARLY on the wrong page. Nothing like a bunch of ignorants speaking on Islam who have no idea what its about. Speaking on a bunch of hear say. Sighs.
TheTruth

AOL

#71 Jul 27, 2008
Kentucky Trevor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its clear that caucasion christian ignorance is very strong. Not to mention their christian arrogance to believe that what they do and say is the right way but unbeknownet to them that they do not follow GODS word themselves. They really need to stop trying to push thier christian crap on others. THIS spoken from a ex born baptist christian!! I thank GOD I came out of all that nonsense, foolery, and oppressive religion!
Nutcracker

Brooklyn, NY

#72 Jul 27, 2008
ISLAMOPHOBIC CRAP FULLY EXPOSED!!!!!

1) 99 Percent Islamophobics Fcascist Nazis are Hindus

2) 99 percent islamohobic terrorism is unleashed by indian hundus and rss

3) 99 percent Islamophobia originates from Hindus RSS Terrorists

4) 99% of Menatlly Sick Islamophobics are Indian Hindus (living in India and overseas) who are using Christian and foreign names for posting their self- created and concocted Islamophobia related lies against Islam on this forum and other forums world over; Dr. Double AAAA is educating the Mentally Retarded Hindus about true meaning of Enlightening Quran.

5) 99% Hindu RSS Terrorists gets funds from Europe and USA -Video Proof # 1

&fe ature=related

6) 99% Hindu RSS Terrorists gets funds from Europe and USA -Video Proof # 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

7) 99 % Anti Sikh Anti Khalistan Killers Are ALSO Hindu Nazi RSS Terrorists

TheTruth

AOL

#73 Jul 27, 2008
Nutcracker wrote:
ISLAMOPHOBIC CRAP FULLY EXPOSED!!!!!
1) 99 Percent Islamophobics Fcascist Nazis are Hindus
2) 99 percent islamohobic terrorism is unleashed by indian hundus and rss
3) 99 percent Islamophobia originates from Hindus RSS Terrorists
4) 99% of Menatlly Sick Islamophobics are Indian Hindus (living in India and overseas) who are using Christian and foreign names for posting their self- created and concocted Islamophobia related lies against Islam on this forum and other forums world over; Dr. Double AAAA is educating the Mentally Retarded Hindus about true meaning of Enlightening Quran.
5) 99% Hindu RSS Terrorists gets funds from Europe and USA -Video Proof # 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GZEQYktSzKMXX&feature=rel ated
6) 99% Hindu RSS Terrorists gets funds from Europe and USA -Video Proof # 2
7) 99 % Anti Sikh Anti Khalistan Killers Are ALSO Hindu Nazi RSS Terrorists
There is a stong propaganda against Islam and its funded by the US and Europe. Americans are too stupid to see this they believe everything that they are told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Dec 7 Mr goody two shoes 256,266
Grid Gardens Dec 2 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov 18 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web