Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 13164 comments on the Spero News story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, Spero News reports that:

Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. But they won't be laughing for very long.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spero News.

ISLAM is My LIFE

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#28 Jul 24, 2008
Christian Women!... Wake Up!

I challenge any Christian Woman to bring even one EXPLICIT passage from the bible that explicitly says women will enter the Kingdom of God (Heaven).

==========
"And from among His (Allah's) Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [The Noble Quran 41:37]

"Say: He is Allah (God), the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.
(The Noble Quran 112)

[Mar 12:29] Jesus answered, "The most important is,'Hear, O Israel, the Lord OUR God is ONE Lord"

MUQ

“"SATYAMEV JAYATE" "TRUTH WINS"”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#29 Jul 24, 2008
Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace,
Respectfully.
The Exalted God (Allah) The Most Powerful, is The Supreme Creator who is not human so try to think for ten seconds about that.
God willing, may God forgive you and bless you.
Peace.
Thank you Sir for your advice. Would you please let me know, where did I made mistake.

Allah is Arabic word, In Quran it is mentioned that Allah has most beautiful names. these names could be in other language also.

If we are certain that we are not using any wrong word or wrong concept, then there is no harm is calling Allah as God in English, or KHUDA in Persian, or PRABHU in Sanskrit or so on.

Please point is it wrong? and then how could we talk to people who do not know Arabic?
ISLAM is My LIFE

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#30 Jul 24, 2008
"And from among His (Allah's) Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [The Noble Quran 41:37]

"Say: He is Allah (God), the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.
(The Noble Quran 112)

[Mar 12:29] Jesus answered, "The most important is,'Hear, O Israel, the Lord OUR God is ONE Lord"

MUQ

“"SATYAMEV JAYATE" "TRUTH WINS"”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#31 Jul 24, 2008
Sound Doc wrote:
<quoted text>My dog's name is Allah, is he divine because his name means God?
Menatlly retarded persons like you, who want to revile the name of "God" have to be kept in a separate category.

My advice to you as always is to consult a really "Sound Doctor" who could remove this blind hatred and bias from your mind.

This hate is not good for your health, physical or mental!!

“Hail Mary, full of Grace”

Since: Dec 07

I'm ProLife :)

#32 Jul 24, 2008
Moiz Qidwai wrote:
It is very clear that Allah is the Arabic equivalent of what Christians mean by the English Word God with Capital G.
In fact Allah is a unque Arbaic Word that cannot be manipulated or mutilated like the word God can be played with.
We get god (with small g), gods, godess, godfather, godmother etc.
None of this is possible with Arabic word Allah.
A unique name for a unique Creator!!
Not true, Jehovah (Yahweh in Hebrew) is the name of the True God, not Allah. Allah is the muslim god, a heathen god. We Christians believe in the Trinity, Allah is not Triune, therefore we don't worship the same God. Simple.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
http://www.fatima.org/whyfatima.htm

#33 Jul 24, 2008
ISLAM is My LIFE wrote:
Christian Women!... Wake Up!
I challenge any Christian Woman to bring even one EXPLICIT passage from the bible that explicitly says women will enter the Kingdom of God (Heaven).
The Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus, is in heaven, and she is a woman.[Revelation 12:1-6]

ps. As a Catholic I must say, we don't believe everything must be proven with the Bible to be true, there is Sacred Catholic Tradition that tells us women go to heaven.

We Catholic Christians (the original body of Christian believers) don't believe in using the Bible alone.

Jesus founded the Catholic Church [Matthew 16:18] The Apostal Peter was the first pope, and the Catholic Church is the pillar of truth [1 Timothy 3:15]

The Bible lets us know that Church Tradition is authoritative just as the Bible is.[2 Thessalonians 2:15]

I ask for any Muslim to look at the link I post about Our Lady of Fatima.

Steven

Lakewood, CA

#35 Jul 24, 2008
We Love ISLAM wrote:
'Propet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible'
A lecture by brother Ahmad Deedat during his U.S. visit in 1986 and after the Swaggart debate.
Watch it complete here http://video.google.com/videoplay...
And they say: "None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."
[The Noble Quran 2:111]
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God (John 3:5).

But the Gospel of Matthew has a more demanding ethical requirement with verses such as:

For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven (Mat 5:20).

"Not every one who says to me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me,`Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23 And then will I declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'(Mat 5:21-23).

On the negative side, certain actions may lead one to forfeit heaven and fall into the danger of hell fire:

But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says,`You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire (Mat 5:22).

And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire (Mat 18:8-9).

What kind of righteousness does the Lord Jesus demand in Matthew’s Gospel? As the warning is given in the context of the Sermon on the Mount, it is clear the kind of righteousness that fulfills what Christ commands in Matthew 5-7. Righteousness that will not ignore the smallest of God’s commandments (Mat 5:19). The kind of righteousness that arises from the heart and not from outward show (Mat 6:4, 6, 18). A kind of righteousness that aims for perfection as our Father in heaven is perfect (Mat 5:48) and putting God’s kingdom first before our own interests and needs (Mat 6:33). A kind of righteousness that walks that straight and narrow way (Mat 7:14) and not only hearing and doing the sayings of Christ (Mat 7:24). He who does all these (Mat 5-7) will surely enter the kingdom of heaven.
Steven

Lakewood, CA

#36 Jul 24, 2008
Kentucky Trevor wrote:
<quoted text>
The Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus, is in heaven, and she is a woman.[Revelation 12:1-6]
ps. As a Catholic I must say, we don't believe everything must be proven with the Bible to be true, there is Sacred Catholic Tradition that tells us women go to heaven.
We Catholic Christians (the original body of Christian believers) don't believe in using the Bible alone.
Jesus founded the Catholic Church [Matthew 16:18] The Apostal Peter was the first pope, and the Catholic Church is the pillar of truth [1 Timothy 3:15]
The Bible lets us know that Church Tradition is authoritative just as the Bible is.[2 Thessalonians 2:15]
The Reason Why I Share
I share these truths with you now so that you can know God's way of salvation. Our basic fault as Catholics is that we believe that somehow we can of ourselves respond to the help God gives us to be right in His sight. This presupposition that many of us have carried for years is aptly defined in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994)#2021, "Grace is the help God gives us to respond to our vocation of becoming his adopted sons...."

With that mindset, we were unknowingly holding to a teaching that the Bible continually condemns. Such a definition of grace is man's careful fabrication, for the Bible consistently declares that the believer's right standing with God is "without works" (Romans 4:6), "without the deeds of the Law" (Romans 3:28), "not of works" (Ephesians 2:9), "It is the gift of God," (Ephesians 2:8). To attempt to make the believer's response part of his salvation and to look upon grace as "a help" is to flatly deny Biblical truth,

"...if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace..." (Romans 11:6). The simple Biblical message is that "the gift of righteousness" in Christ Jesus is a gift, resting on His all-sufficient sacrifice on the cross, "For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).
Steven
Los Angeles, CA Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#188 7 min ago
So it is as Christ Jesus Himself said, He died in place of the believer, the One for many (Mark 10:45), His life a ransom for many. As He declared,...this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Matthew 26:28). This is also what Peter proclaimed, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God..." (I Peter 3:18).

Paul's preaching is summarized at the end of II Corinthians 5:21, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.." (II Cor. 5:21).

This fact, dear reader, is presented clearly to you in the Bible. Acceptance of it is now commanded by God, "...Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15).

The most difficult repentance for us dyed-in-the-wool Catholics is changing our mind from thoughts of "meriting," "earning," "being good enough," simply to accepting with empty hands the gift of righteousness in Christ Jesus. To refuse to accept what God commands is the same sin as that of the religious Jews of Paul's time, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." (Romans 10:3)

Repent and believe the Good News!

Read this former catholic priest full story at:
www.christian-faith.com/forjesus/irish-cathol ...
TheTruth

AOL

#37 Jul 24, 2008
The Edomite "counterfeit jews" control of history and this nation.

Are you one who is believing the atrocious lie that the Jews in Palestine today are Jah's Chosen People??? Then you need to read this one.

This is not spoken by a White Supremacist, a Nazi, or a member of the Klu Klux Klan, who are working as much wickedness as those they accuse. These are the words of Ben Freedman, whom he himself IS JEWISH.

There are two very different "Zion People" on this earth. Jah's chosen of the House of Israel and the House of Judah, and Satan's chosen, the Edomites. To understand prophecy, and what is really happening on this earth, the difference between these two must be understood. This IS the "war between the two seed lines" as prophesied by Jah in Genesis

Benjamin H. Freedman was one of the most intriguing and amazing individuals of the 20th century. Mr. Freedman, born in 1890, was a successful Jewish businessman of New York City who was at one time the principal owner of the Woodbury Soap Company. He broke with organized Jewry after the Judeo-Communist victory of 1945, and spent the remainder of his life and the great preponderance of his considerable fortune, at least 2.5 million dollars, exposing the Jewish tyranny which has enveloped the United States. Mr. Freedman knew what he was talking about because he had been an insider at the highest levels of Jewish organizations and Jewish machinations to gain power over our nation. Mr. Freedman was personally acquainted with Bernard Baruch, Samuel Untermyer, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Joseph Kennedy, and John F. Kennedy, and many more movers and shakers of our times. This speech was given before a patriotic audience in 1961 at the Willard Hotel in Washington, D.C., on behalf of Conde McGinley's patriotic newspaper of that time, Common Sense. Though in some minor ways this wide-ranging and extemporaneous speech has become dated, Mr. Freedman's essential message to us -- his warning to the West -- is more urgent than ever before.--
K.A.S.

http://www.meguiar.addr.com/Freedman.htm

*TAKE A LOOK FOR YOURSELVES. PERHAPS THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE OR PERHAPS YOU WILL STILL SERVE YOUR GOD OF SATAN*
TheTruth

AOL

#38 Jul 24, 2008
Another thing. The roman catholic papacy are satan worshippers and do not worship Allah, Lord, or GOD. They are the anti christ with many ignorant followers.

READ AND KNOW THE TRUTH YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE. ALWAYS THOSE OF THE EUROPEAN RACE AND THIER DESCENDANTS THAT ARE THE LESS EDUCATED WHEN IT COMES TO THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS!! THE EDOMITES. SATANS PEOPLE.

http://www.historicism.net/readingmaterials/t...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...

http://www.pacinst.com/antichri.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
Shadowofears

Pakistan

#39 Jul 24, 2008
Actually Christians in their hatred against Muslims hv gone so far that now they are attacking and insulting their 12 million arab christian brothers who r using the same word for calling God as do we Muslims.I guess so you hv not read Arabic bible if you would you would never called it Moon god or Deamon.I hv to say this with deep sorrow that Christians hv been fed with these kind of hatred literature.
TheTruth

AOL

#40 Jul 24, 2008
I see the fake Jews can't take the truth. They call the truth lies. That's because they have been living this lie their entire lives. This is documented truth! The entire world is sick of the jewish lies. There is a plan for them (YOU)! The book of revelation!!

I studied not only the Word, but everything that I could get my hands on. In that search, I found a comment by George L. Robinson in my fundamentalist Study bible. I was astounded. I could only think something like, "Good grief. Where have we all been?" I enter it for you here. Remember, this is not stated by some far out nut, but a man respected by "Fundamental Christianity" for his knowledge.

"The Zionists are NOT Jews according to RACE. Rather, they are the DESCENDANTS of a HOARD OF PAGANS who pressed into Russia in the first century of our era and in due time became PROSELYTES of Judaism. In 692 A.D., they formed the Khazar Kingdom. In 955 A.D., Russia conquered them. They are neither JEWS BY RACE , nor are the GENUINELY JEWISH IN RELIGION . They PASS THEMSELVES OFF AS JEWS , AND PRETEND that they are descendants of ISRAEL , and therefore, have RIGHT TO PALESTINE as their homeland, but they are FALSE IN THEIR CLAIMS AND ARE IRRELIGIOUS in their living. The ORTHODOX Jews who have long been settled in Hebron, Jerusalem, Tiberias, and Safed, DO NOT WELCOME THEM to the Holy Land. Orthodox and Reformed Jews alike DISCLAIM ALL SYMPATHY WITH THEM, and DISOWN THEM ."
…Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder [Esau] shall serve the younger [Jacob].(Genesis 25:23)

Soon after the two boys had grown, this promise began

in the days of John Hyrcanus (end of the second century B.C.E.)… the [non-Israelite] Edomites became a section of the Jewish people. "EDOM," Encyclopaedia Judaica (Jerusalem, Israel: Encyclopaedia Judaica Company, 1971) Vol. 6, p. 378

They [the non-Israelite Edomites] were then incorporated with the Jewish nation…. "EDOM, IDUMEA," The Jewish Encyclopedia (New York & London: Funk and Wagnalls Company, 1904) Vol. V, p. 41

…from then on they [the non-Israelite Edomites] constituted a part of the Jewish people, Herod [King of Judea] being one of their descendants. "EDOM (Idumea)," The New Standard Jewish Encyclopedia (Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1977) p. 589

…they [the Edomites] were hereafter no other than [non-Israelite] Jews. Flavius Josephus, The Antiquities of the Jews (Grand Rapids, MI: Dregel Publications, 1960) Book XIII, Chapter IX, Verse 1, p. 279

THIS IS THE TRUTH! THE JEWS OF ISRAEL AND THE WORLD ARE IMPOSTERS OF THE WORST KIND!!
TheTruth

AOL

#41 Jul 24, 2008
It was the progeny of these same "Jews" who, by way of interbreeding, became part of the Khazar kingdom, and who, between the seventh and ninth centuries AD, adopted the religion of Judaism. According to the previously cited Jewish encyclopedias, it was these Khazar Jews who were the progenitors of the vast majority of today's Jewish people, including today's Zionist Jews who spuriously claim right to the land of Israel, including that which was previously owned and controlled by the Palestinian Arabs. Consequently, the majority of today's Jewish people are known as "Jews" not because they are descended from Jacob/Israel but rather because their Edomite/Khazar progenitors adopted the religion of Judaism. The authors of The Jewish Almanac (1980) obviously recognized that today's Jews are rarely genetic Israelites. The first chapter is entitled "IDENTITY CRISIS." The first sentence succinctly admits to this anthropological fact:

Strictly speaking, it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a "Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an "Israelite" or a "Hebrew." "IDENTITY CRISIS," The Jewish Almanac , compiled and edited by Richard Siegel and Carl Rheins (New York, NY: Bantam Books, 1980) p. 3

This fact is confirmed by several other Jewish sources such as The Jewish Encyclopedia (1905), The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia (1941), the Encyclopaedia Judaica (1971), The New Standard Jewish Encyclopedia (1977), as well as individual Jewish authors such as Nathan M. Pollock, Professor of Medieval Jewish History of Tel Aviv, Bernard Lazare, Robert Quillan, Dr. Benjamin Freedman, Arthur Koestler, James Yaffe, Paul Meyer and many more.

People, I cannot emphasize enough the magnitude of the deception involved with calling those that are Edomites, "Jews", and Jah's chosen people. It is a most dreadful influence upon the mind. People are flocking to hear "Jews" teach them that the Edomites in Palestine are Jews, are the Israel of Jah fulfilling prophecy; that the Anglo-Saxons have the same "Jewish Roots" that they do; and that we MUST support and pray for them when in fact we should be desiring their destruction.

Anyone believing those lies is BEING DECEIVED, and I mean in a very great way! Anyone who believes them is believing the AUTHOR of those lies, and by that belief, being placed under that Author's headship. Hear me well! COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!!!
TheTruth

AOL

#42 Jul 24, 2008
What NEEDS to be seen here is the "truth!" The WORLD needs to see the truth of the edommite fake jew. We can no longer afford to be fooled by the edomites in Israel!!

http://www.meguiar.addr.com/Freedman.htm

Perhaps the fake edomite jews need to STOP going on and on about this DNA test thing because if it was to be done then the truth would be right in thier lying faces!!!
passerby

London, Canada

#43 Jul 24, 2008
We Love ISLAM wrote:
Scientific Miracles of the Quran ... must watch
Watch this amazing one hour scientific documentary and for sure it will make you think deeply and seriously of this book called the Quran http://video.google.com/videoplay...
The unique style of the Quran, which was revealed 14 centuries ago, and the superior wisdom it represents are definite proof that it is the word of Allah (God). Additionally, the Quran has many miraculous aspects which prove that it is sent by Allah. One of them is that some scientific facts, which we have only been able to discover by the technology of the 20th century, were stated in the Quran 1400 years ago. These facts which could not have been known at the time of the Quran’s revelation once again show to the man of today that the Quran is the word of Allah.
I would like to built an atomic clock and get some more info on the number of universes needed to finish an equation on string theory.

Could you direct me to the passages in the quran relevant to my topics

thanks
TheTruth

AOL

#44 Jul 24, 2008
Behind every organization, every facet of this "New World Order", there were "Jews". Even more startling was the fact that the "Jewish Bankers" in this nation had financed not only the Bolshevik Revolution, but even Hitler's rise to power in Germany. It put me on my face before Jah. I told Him if the "Jews" were His chosen people, He chose the wrong ones.

He then brought Rev 2:9 and 3:9 to my attention. This is where Jahshuwah states that there are those claiming to be "Jews", but are NOT "Jews", and are liars.
let the truth prevail

Bareilly, India

#45 Jul 24, 2008
Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace,
Respectfully.
The Exalted God (Allah) The Most Powerful, is The Supreme Creator who is not human so try to think for ten seconds about that.
God willing, may God forgive you and bless you.
Peace.
I request the same from you ppl. Think with brains.
The Book Keeper

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#47 Jul 24, 2008
let the truth prevail wrote:
<quoted text>
I request the same from you ppl. Think with brains.
Are you a cow worshiper or a man worshiper?

#48 Jul 24, 2008
Shadowofears wrote:
Actually Christians in their hatred against Muslims hv gone so far that now they are attacking and insulting their 12 million arab christian brothers who r using the same word for calling God as do we Muslims.I guess so you hv not read Arabic bible if you would you would never called it Moon god or Deamon.I hv to say this with deep sorrow that Christians hv been fed with these kind of hatred literature.
No, wrong. The Christians that speak Arabic that call God Allah are worshiping the True God. Muslims just happen to also call their god Allah, but it is not the same God.

Christians that call God Allah are worshiping Jehovah, they just simply use the same word "The God" that Muslims use to refer to their moon god.

But in English we don't call God Allah, because when people say Allah in English most think of the false Islamic god and not the True God, Jehovah.
The Book Keeper

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#49 Jul 24, 2008
Kentucky Trevor wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was clear, I just want you to post to me from your own bible an explicit verse/passage states that chrisitan WOMEN (like yourself) will indeed enter the Kingdom of God.

I didn't ask about Mary (PBUH) the mother of Jesus. However, I can ask you an additional question about her. Quote to me where did your biblical Jesus call her -even once- "MOTHER"!!..I want you to quote to me where did Jesus in the bible said that his mother will enter the Kingdom of God !

On the contrary he was harsh with her as you can see in these passages:

When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." And Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come." [John 2:3-4].

And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." [Luke 8:19-21]

Anyone can understand from the above passage that Jesus was not happy with his mother!!!

With respect to Luke 8:19-21 and John 2:4, no Muslim could ever believe that Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him) treated his mother in this way, and as such must attribute this to further examples of fabrications found in the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 13 min STEFANO COLONNA 228,524
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Tue DR FAROOK 1
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
More from around the web