Who Is Allah?

Full story: Spero News

Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. But they won't be laughing for very long.
Comments
1 - 20 of 13,164 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013
First Prev
of 659
Next Last
Moiz Qidwai

Saudi Arabia

#1 Jul 20, 2008
It is very clear that Allah is the Arabic equivalent of what Christians mean by the English Word God with Capital G.

In fact Allah is a unque Arbaic Word that cannot be manipulated or mutilated like the word God can be played with.

We get god (with small g), gods, godess, godfather, godmother etc.

None of this is possible with Arabic word Allah.

A unique name for a unique Creator!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Steven

Lakewood, CA

#2 Jul 20, 2008
Moiz Qidwai wrote:
It is very clear that Allah is the Arabic equivalent of what Christians mean by the English Word God with Capital G.
In fact Allah is a unque Arbaic Word that cannot be manipulated or mutilated like the word God can be played with.
ALLAH vs. THE LORD

ALLAH VS. YAHWEH (THE LORD)

Many Muslims think that Allah is the same God as the God of the Bible. Any difference between the two and they will immediately point out that the Bible is corrupted. But clearly there is a difference between Allah and the God of the Bible. For the sake of space we will refer to the God of the Bible by his name - Yahweh (YHWH), which is rendered in English, the Lord. So we'll call the God of the Bible, the Lord. Lets get into the many differences of both Gods. I will use the Bible and the Qur'an. Here are the translations I will be using:

The Bible (New American Standard Bible)

The Qur'an (Interpretation of the Meaning of the Noble Qur'an, translated by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali & Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan)

Any other translation of the Bible or the Qur'an I will indicate in parenthesis. Usually the Bible has the name of the translation (King James Version - KJV or New International Version - NIV) while the different translations of the Qur'an are known by the name of the translator (Yusuf Ali or Marmaduke Pickthall).

SALVATION

Each God has a different plan for salvation. Allah says that Salvation is through performing good works. The Qur'an says, "Then, those whose scales (of good deeds) are heavy, they are the successful" (Surah 23:102). The context of this verse is the Day of Judgment. Each person's works will be scaled and if the good works are heavy then they will have salvation. Surah 23:103 pronounces the doom of those who scales are heavy with bad works. They will go to hell.

The Lord on the otherhand says that salvation is obtained through faith in the death of His Son Jesus Christ and in His resurrection. It is by grace. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." Salvation is not through works for if it was then man would boast that they are good. The Lord's intention was to have man see that nothing they do will ever make them achieve salvation. Good works is not sufficient for getting into heaven. He sees our good works as "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). We are saved through the grace of God through a Savior who acts as an intercessor - "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5). Finally Titus 3:5 says, "He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit."
Eddy

Liverpool, UK

#3 Jul 20, 2008
allah = God
ilah = god
Steven

Lakewood, CA

#6 Jul 21, 2008
-I LOVE ISLAM- wrote:
ALLAH: The Creator
"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him." (The Noble Quran 112)
[Mar 12:29] Jesus answered, "The most important is,'Hear, O Israel, the Lord OUR God is ONE Lord"
Most Christians do not know that "Allah" is the personal name of God that Jesus (peace be upon him) used to call when he prayed. Jesus spoke Aramaic (not Arabic).
"Oh God" = "YA ALAAH" (in aramaic: the mother tongue language of Jesus).
ALAAHAA (in aramaic)= God
Check for yourself in this Christian Aramaic website http://www.learnassyrian.com/aramaic/church/c...
In any of the one hundred and fifty sects and sub-sects of Islam, the common denominator is Allah. Who is this Allah? Much has been written on the religion of Islam and its prophet; but not much is said about the God of the religion. One reason is the assumption that the God of Islam and the God of Christianity are one and the same.

When, on September 11, 2001, some Muslims carried out a well-organized attack, destroying the The World Trade Center and damaging the Pentagon, a letter of last instruction from the leaders of the terrorist network was discovered.

Written in Arabic, it says their mission was a service to “God.” Actually this was a mistranslation. The word the terrorists used is not the Arabic word for “God” but “Allah.” The Arabic word for “God” is “Ilah.” So they believed they were working for “Allah,” not “God.”

Who is this Allah? Were these terrorists extremists, or were they serving the Allah of the Qur’an?

The war against terrorism goes beyond overthrowing the Taliban regime in Afghanistan or even killing Osama bin Laden. The war on terror may not be won unless we understand the Allah the terrorists say inspires them.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But the terrorists’ letter, which is quoted fully in chapter three, gives great insight into the Islamic religion and the motivation for religious terrorism in the world.

Why have we shied away from probing the identity of the Allah of Islam? Possibly it is because if Allah is not the God of the Bible, it would force us to face many ugly facts.

For example, if Allah is the true God, and the Qur’an, Islam’s sacred book, is true, then Christians can be sure they are lost, no matter how zealous they may be. The reverse would also be true. It is necessary, therefore, to provide sufficient information to enable you to determine your own verdict, and answer the question: Who is this Allah? This book will do that.

Books on the same subject

Anatomy of the Qur'an, by G.J.O. Moshay

Christ, Muhammad, and I, by Mohammad Al Ghazoli
-I LOVE ISLAM-

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#7 Jul 21, 2008
The Story of Jesus & His Mother (peace be upon them) In the Noble Quran

PART ONE

003.035 (Remember) When a woman (wife) of Imran said: My Lord! surely I vow to Thee what is in my womb, to be devoted (to Thy service); accept therefore from me, surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing.
003.036 So when she brought forth, she said: My Lord! Surely I have brought it forth a female-- and Allah knew best what she brought forth-- and the male is not like the female, and I have named it Mariam (Mary), and I commend her and her offspring into Thy protection from the accursed Shaitan (Satan).
003.037 So her Lord accepted her with a good acceptance and made her grow up a good growing, and gave her into the charge of Zakariya; whenever Zakariya entered the sanctuary to (see) her, he found with her food. He said: O Mariam! whence comes this to you? She said: It is from Allah. Surely Allah gives to whom He pleases without measure.
003.038 There did Zakariya pray to his Lord; he said: My Lord! grant me from Thee good offspring; surely Thou art the Hearer of prayer.
003.039 Then the angels called to him as he stood praying in the sanctuary: That Allah gives you the good news of Yahya (John) verifying a Word from Allah, and honorable and chaste and a prophet from among the good ones.
003.040 He said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to me, and old age has already come upon me, and my wife is barren? He said: even thus does Allah what He pleases.
003.041 He said: My Lord! appoint a sign for me. Said He: Your sign is that you should not speak to men for three days except by signs; and remember your Lord much and glorify Him in the evening and the morning.
003.042 And when the angels said: O Mariam! surely Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the world.
003.043 O Mariam! Keep to obedience to your Lord and humble yourself, and bow down with those who bow.
003.044 This is of the announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you; and you were not with them when they cast their pens (to decide) which of them should have Mariam in his charge, and you were not with them when they contended one with another.
003.045 When the angels said: O Mariam, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa (Jesus) son of Mariam, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
003.046 And he shall speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he shall be) one of the good ones.
003.047 She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to I me, and man has not touched me? He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is.
003.048 And He will teach him the Book and the wisdom and the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel).
003.049 And (make him) a messenger to the children of Israel: That I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I determine for you out of dust like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah's permission and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah's permission and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses; most surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.
-I LOVE ISLAM-

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#8 Jul 21, 2008

PART TWO

003.050 And a verifier of that which is before me of the Torah and that I may allow you part of that which has been forbidden t you, and I have come to you with a sign from your Lord therefore be careful of (your duty to) Allah and obey me.
003.051 Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.
003.052 But when Isa (Jesus) perceived unbelief on their part, he said: Who will be my helpers in Allah's way? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the way) of Allah: We believe in Allah and bear witness that we are submitting ones (Muslims).
003.053 Our Lord! We believe in what Thou hast revealed and we follow the messenger, so write us down with those who bear witness.
003.054 And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.
003.055 And when Allah said: O Isa (Jesus), I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.
003.056 Then as to those who disbelieve, I will chastise them with severe chastisement in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have no helpers.
003.057 And as to those who believe and do good deeds, He will pay them fully their rewards; and Allah does not love the unjust.
003.058 This (which) We recite to you of the communications and the wise reminder.
003.059 Surely the likeness of Isa (Jesus) is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was.
003.060 (This is) the truth from your Lord, so be not of the disputers.
003.061 But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars.
003.062 Most surely this is the true explanation, and there is no god but Allah; and most surely Allah-- He is the Mighty, the Wise.
003.063 But if they turn back, then surely Allah knows the mischief-makers.
003.064 Say: O followers of the Book (Christians & Jews)! Come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah; but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#9 Jul 21, 2008
Moiz Qidwai wrote:
it is even more clear, upon closer inspection of the koran, that allah is the means in which mohammad was able to satisfy his every selfish desire and greed-based need

by claiming 'allah said it was okay for me to marry your 6 year old daughter' and 'allah said i could have 11 wives and have sex with my slaves without it being adultery' etc... etc... he effectively played his dimwitted companions for the fools they were

this is the hallmark of every cult leader ever since, it is a predictable behaviour and a major giveaway that a movement is in fact an unhealthy cult
-I LOVE ISLAM-

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#10 Jul 21, 2008

PART ONE

003.035 (Remember) When a woman (wife) of Imran said: My Lord! surely I vow to Thee what is in my womb, to be devoted (to Thy service); accept therefore from me, surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing.
003.036 So when she brought forth, she said: My Lord! Surely I have brought it forth a female-- and Allah knew best what she brought forth-- and the male is not like the female, and I have named it Mariam (Mary), and I commend her and her offspring into Thy protection from the accursed Shaitan (Satan).
003.037 So her Lord accepted her with a good acceptance and made her grow up a good growing, and gave her into the charge of Zakariya; whenever Zakariya entered the sanctuary to (see) her, he found with her food. He said: O Mariam! whence comes this to you? She said: It is from Allah. Surely Allah gives to whom He pleases without measure.
003.038 There did Zakariya pray to his Lord; he said: My Lord! grant me from Thee good offspring; surely Thou art the Hearer of prayer.
003.039 Then the angels called to him as he stood praying in the sanctuary: That Allah gives you the good news of Yahya (John) verifying a Word from Allah, and honorable and chaste and a prophet from among the good ones.
003.040 He said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to me, and old age has already come upon me, and my wife is barren? He said: even thus does Allah what He pleases.
003.041 He said: My Lord! appoint a sign for me. Said He: Your sign is that you should not speak to men for three days except by signs; and remember your Lord much and glorify Him in the evening and the morning.
003.042 And when the angels said: O Mariam! surely Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the world.
003.043 O Mariam! Keep to obedience to your Lord and humble yourself, and bow down with those who bow.
003.044 This is of the announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you; and you were not with them when they cast their pens (to decide) which of them should have Mariam in his charge, and you were not with them when they contended one with another.
003.045 When the angels said: O Mariam, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa (Jesus) son of Mariam, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).
003.046 And he shall speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he shall be) one of the good ones.
003.047 She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to I me, and man has not touched me? He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is.
003.048 And He will teach him the Book and the wisdom and the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel).
003.049 And (make him) a messenger to the children of Israel: That I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I determine for you out of dust like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah's permission and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah's permission and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses; most surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.

Cleveland, OH

#11 Jul 21, 2008
-I LOVE ISLAM- wrote:
how many times are you going to post this same thing?

no one reads it, you only use it to bury posts you dont like

which is dishonest... in great muslim fashion

this is how you deal with those who question islam?

well, at least the ones who's head cannot be chopped off...

cowardice, if your islam is so frail that it cannot bear even the slightest scrutiny then it is truly a fraud

and your propganda spam wont change that

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jul 21, 2008
According to one biographer, even Aisha appears to be somewhat doubtful of Muhammad's claim that Allah commanded him to marry Zaynab, wryly remarking, "Truly Allah seems to be very quick in fulfilling your prayers."
Aisha

United States

#13 Jul 21, 2008
Jeffery Wright,

Yes, Aisha had what Earnest Hemmingway termed a “built-in, shock-proof bullshit detector,” not that it made any difference. Aisha was going to ride that gravy train to the bitter end, and for her it was quite bitter. After Mo's death she raised an army to battle Ali and got her ass kicked, and while she eventually regained some of her former glory as Mo's child bride par excellence, she never quite got over being bested by those stinking heretics, and died "in the year 58 AH in the month of Ramadan," whatever the hell that means.
No More Lies

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

#14 Jul 21, 2008
Thanks Christians in this forum for demonstrating and exposing the biblical true ethics and morals!

Thanks for demonstrating to us how much you do NOT trust your Bible and how much you do not obey your biblical Jesus as he orders you in your own bible:

Jesus said:
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" [Matthew 5:44](KJV)

"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." [1 Corinthians 6:10](KJV)

Then do not wonder why people in large masses are leaving the hypocritical christianity and never look back!

You are doing a good job in helping people leaving christianity. Keep the good job!!

“ I Am She SaHum”

Since: Apr 07

World

#15 Jul 21, 2008
Jeffery Wright wrote:
and your propganda spam wont change that
I am tired of the spam also. He should stand up a be a man. Argue your point dont spam.
Aisha

United States

#17 Jul 22, 2008
No More Lies,

It says in that 1 Corinthians passage you quoted that extortioners shall not inherit the kingdom of God. When Muslims force Christians to pay the jizya or else, that is extortion. Therefore, Muslims who do this won't inherit eternal life. Thank you for helping to make that clear!

If you know any Muslims, you should warn them!
No More Christian Lies

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19 Jul 22, 2008
Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace,
respectfully.
Aisha, those people in the Mid-east are NOT Muslims, they are sunnis.
Note the difference and then tell me about this jizja more. I also will do some heavy research on it before i post.
God willing.
Peace.
You are another naive pathettic 'muslim imposter' who tries to spread lies and deception against the Great Islam for the sake of Satan.

Islam is expanding and spreading around the Globe no matter what evil attempts you do.
We Love ISLAM

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20 Jul 22, 2008
'Propet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible'

A lecture by brother Ahmad Deedat during his U.S. visit in 1986 and after the Swaggart debate.

Watch it complete here http://video.google.com/videoplay...

And they say: "None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."
[The Noble Quran 2:111]
Sound Doc

AOL

#21 Jul 22, 2008
Eddy wrote:
allah = God
ilah = god
My dog's name is Allah, is he divine because his name means God?
Sound Doc

AOL

#22 Jul 22, 2008
Aisha wrote:
No More Lies,
It says in that 1 Corinthians passage you quoted that extortioners shall not inherit the kingdom of God. When Muslims force Christians to pay the jizya or else, that is extortion. Therefore, Muslims who do this won't inherit eternal life. Thank you for helping to make that clear!
If you know any Muslims, you should warn them!
Good point.
We Love ISLAM

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#23 Jul 22, 2008
How Do Muslims Treat the Elderly?

Caring for one’s parents in Islam is considered an honor and a blessing, and an opportunity for great spiritual growth.

In the Islamic world, one rarely finds “old people’s homes.” The strain of caring for one’s parents in this most difficult time of their lives is considered an honor and a blessing and an opportunity for great spiritual growth. In Islam, it is not enough that we only pray for our parents, but we should act with limitless compassion, remembering that when we were helpless children, they preferred us to themselves. Mothers are particularly honored. When Muslim parents reach old age, they are treated mercifully, with kindness and selflessness.

In Islam, serving one’s parents is a duty second to prayer, and it is their right to expect it. It is considered despicable to express any irritation when, through no fault of their own, the old become difficult.

Allah has said:

“Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to your parents. If one of them or both of them reach old age with you, do not say to them a word of disrespect, or scold them, but say a generous word to them. And act humbly to them in mercy, and say,‘My Lord, have mercy on them, since they cared for me when I was small.’”(The Noble Quran 17:23-24)

==========

'Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible'

A lecture by brother Ahmad Deedat during his U.S. visit in 1986 and after the Swaggart debate.

Watch it complete here http://video.google.com/videoplay...

And they say: "None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."
[The Noble Quran 2:111]
We Love ISLAM

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#24 Jul 23, 2008
Scientific Miracles of the Quran ... must watch

Watch this amazing one hour scientific documentary and for sure it will make you think deeply and seriously of this book called the Quran http://video.google.com/videoplay...

The unique style of the Quran, which was revealed 14 centuries ago, and the superior wisdom it represents are definite proof that it is the word of Allah (God). Additionally, the Quran has many miraculous aspects which prove that it is sent by Allah. One of them is that some scientific facts, which we have only been able to discover by the technology of the 20th century, were stated in the Quran 1400 years ago. These facts which could not have been known at the time of the Quran’s revelation once again show to the man of today that the Quran is the word of Allah.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 659
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 min Shamma 201,381
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••