Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 201...

Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 2014 September Events

There are 2 comments on the Carolina Beaches story from Aug 19, 2014, titled Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 2014 September Events. In it, Carolina Beaches reports that:

Meet and experience a presentation by Dave Kelmer, a resident expert on historic Hatteras ecology and changes made to the environment by European settlers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carolina Beaches.

isabelle riggs

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Aug 19, 2014
I remember hurricane Hazel as though it was yesterday. It was the only hurricane our family ever evacuated. We lived on the water front, I was 16 at that time. When we returned, an old oak tree had just missed our house, unrooted, and we had ocean debris a knee high. Everything was ruined. I remember it well!!
isabelle riggs

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Aug 19, 2014
I remember hurricane Hazel well. I was 16 yrs.of age at that time. Our family had never evacuated during a hurricane. But, we knew this was a big one. We lived close to the water, so we left not knowing what we would be coming home to. There was an old oak tree beside our home, that was the first thing we saw, it was uprooted missing our home by inches. Then inside sea bebris was knee high, everything was ruined. I remember the anguish in my parents faces. I will always remember Hazel when I hear of a high level hurricane coming to the coast of North Carolina. I live in the desert now, but the coast of N.C. will always be in my heart. Isabelle Riggs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun 24 dig 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) May '17 yehoshooah adam 256,295
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
More from around the web