Possible mammoth cemetery found in Se...

Possible mammoth cemetery found in Serbia

There are 7 comments on the MyFoxPhilly story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Possible mammoth cemetery found in Serbia. In it, MyFoxPhilly reports that:

Serbian archaeologists have discovered the remains of at least seven mammoths at a dig at an open pit mine that could turn out to be a mammoth cemetery, lead archaeologist Miomir Korac said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxPhilly.

Svarog

Hope Valley, Australia

#1 Jun 30, 2012
Fascinating prehistoric mammals.
Svarog

Australia

#2 Jun 30, 2012
I guess the prehistoric stuff makes me a little sentimental. I had this T-Shirt from the Belgrade Museum years ago, had a mammoth depicted on it as part of some exhibition with fossil remains.

I am going to do a little study on some of the ancient and prehistoric cultures of Serbia.

In typical fashion, Siptars and Croats will jump on to crap at me, I might do a rebuff, another anti-Serb will accuse me of " hate self therapy ".

Sigh, it is Serb Topix after all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Jul 1, 2012
Are u talking to urself?? Hahaha ^^
Kurac palac pravoslavac

Adelaide, Australia

#4 Jul 1, 2012
Seems like its not good enough topic for the haters to argue about. I thought it would be just the topic for an arguement as they will claim that they are ancestors of the mammoths. Good find though, if it is a mammoth graveyard it will be the first in the world. Too bad for it being a mining site.
Dalmatino

Adelaide, Australia

#5 Jul 1, 2012
I didn't want to muscle in on Svarog's topic out of respect, but who can resist KPP's challenge on the subject.

In Croatia 'krajina region', scientists have discovered footprints of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, from the Cretaceous period dating around  130 million years ago. Within those footprints there is incredibly also a human footprint to which Belgrade claims it is a Serbian footprint, hence krajina is Serbian. Belgrade also to stated that the fossilized T-Rex sperm found nearby proves the T-Rex masturbated regularly.

Zagreb responded by stating that the T-Rex had such short arms that it couldn't possibly masturbate and it begs the question, what were the footprints doing there?
Kurac palac pravoslavac

Adelaide, Australia

#6 Jul 1, 2012
Of course they were albanian footprints, didnt you know
Svarog

Australia

#7 Jul 1, 2012
Some time back I had watched a special on Neanderthals and some findings in the Croatian Vindija cave complex.

I think scientists tried to map out the DNA sequence retrieved from a thigh bone of one the fossil bones, some sort of theory on hybrid neanderthal and European modern populations.

I think the jury is still out on that one, was the Neanderthal a true human or some offshoot type.

The topic has nothing to do with politics, but once you drop the word Neanderthal in Serb topix all hell breaks loose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web