Mmmm. Scientists test mummy meat from ancient tombs

Nov 19, 2013 Full story: Ruidoso News

So you've gone through all the trouble of mummifying a loved one. You've hired embalmers to remove her organs, treat her body with a precise mixture of oils and balms, and carefully wrap her in bandages.

Full Story
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Nov 20, 2013
These useless, self-validating "scientists" are not only robbing graves now, but defiling the dead... profanation pure and rotten.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#2 Nov 20, 2013
They shouldn't be eating that sht.
Gerald Atwinkle

Old Lyme, CT

#3 Nov 20, 2013
C'mon, Faith -- it's well known that Michiganders will eat deep fried roadkill or even skip the deep frying if the road's hot. And we all know that Master Chef saying: "One man's shit is another's soufflé."
As far as the preposterously named "Cordwainer Trout": Hey, they're dead. They don't care. They're dead. Got it? "Profanation " as a concept, as a practice, as a precept, is also dead. It had a really great run, but now it's out in the cold with other archaic superstitions on the ash heap of vapid ideas. BTW, I think I made up the troll name "Cordwainer Trout" some time ago. No one loves a lame name thief, you know. They always end up drowning in a douchebag.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#4 Nov 20, 2013
Gerald Atwinkle wrote:
C'mon, Faith -- it's well known that Michiganders will eat deep fried roadkill or even skip the deep frying if the road's hot. And we all know that Master Chef saying: "One man's shit is another's soufflé."
As far as the preposterously named "Cordwainer Trout": Hey, they're dead. They don't care. They're dead. Got it? "Profanation " as a concept, as a practice, as a precept, is also dead. It had a really great run, but now it's out in the cold with other archaic superstitions on the ash heap of vapid ideas. BTW, I think I made up the troll name "Cordwainer Trout" some time ago. No one loves a lame name thief, you know. They always end up drowning in a douchebag.
Blow it out your bung-hole, sissy.
Blanche Dipole

Old Lyme, CT

#5 Nov 21, 2013
Now, now, Faith, I don't want to get on your bad side. Heavens no! As a sissy, a girlie-boy, I shreik at shadows to say nothing of racist, homophobic Michiganders! What I remember the most from my only visit to Michigan was the number of KKK bumper stickers on pick-up truck bumpers and the universal attachment of gun racks (with guns) in pick-up cabs. And the gruesome obesity. And the scowls. An angry, angry populace. Probably convinced of one government conspiracy or another. Colorful locals? Or scrofulous PWT? It was a disheartening experience. When I read an article in a mass-market magazine listing Michigan as by far the worst state to live in (and there was some real competition as you can imagine), it made sense. The advice from this sissy? Move girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr bmz 211,863
Lost Forever Isis militants smash ancient artif... 11 hr Eleanor 1
Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient Artifacts to Be Displ... Feb 22 dollarsbill 16
Archaeologists start to unearth the secrets of ... Feb 15 DeQuitacre 1
Tobacco planted on archaeological area Feb 12 Tokat 1
Copper mining threatens Afghan site of ancient ... Feb 8 Mag 1
Take the WW II archaeology quiz Feb 3 Eric Swanson 4
More from around the web