'Mankind to face the music'

Mar 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Arab Times

LOS ANGELES, March 28, : Mayan writings do not predict the end of the world when the calendar cycle ends in December - but according to the producer of an upcoming documentary about the Central American civilization, they do make the sobering prediction that three-quarters of the earth's population will be wiped out in the ensuing 15 to 20 years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Jim Choinya

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

This is some heavy stuff. At least now I know -- when I have my own end-of-the-world scenario to announce -- that "Thewrap" in the Arab Times out of Kuwait is the choice of top end-of-the-world announcers. It's a good choice because Kuwait is actually at the edge of the world. That's why you can't drink there: if you get ripped and stagger off into the distance you could fall off. At that time your only hope is that a couple of Mayans with flat back-heads will come zipping by on an Ultra SpaceSkate 7000 space coupe and pick you out of the dark matter. In the future it'll probably be officially patrolled by Vinz Clortho, the Keymaster. Now there's a scamp for you. Can't wait until the Mayan bigwigs reveal the sacred 3750 year old literature, can you? For some reason, no one's ever seen Mayan glyphs earlier than 200AD although Olmec/Zapotec writing dates to around 400BC. And perhaps these sacred texts are written in the same unknown alphabet ("reformed Egyptian"!) that the Mormon bible was written in, on the gold plates discovered by Joseph Smith, Jr., another wily scamp. The only thing I wish, personally, is that L. Ron Hubbard was part of this narrative. Oh, yeah, and Ignatz the Mouse and Offisa Pup from "Krazy Kat." And Mr. Creosote. And Asterix. Fuck it: Why not Dagwood Bumstead and the Katzenjammer Kids and the nauseating crew from the "Family Circus"? And Steve Roper. And some of the dweebs from Apt. 9G. If those goddam injuns were able to see so far into the future, you'd think they'd be cool enough to add a few characters that mean so much to us, right? Like Ziggy, right?

Since: Mar 12

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

all hail Nibiru!!!
Garvindo the Magnificent

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Who is this Nibiru you hail, earth dust?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr bmz 199,436
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••