Macedonian dig turns up ancient Venus...

Macedonian dig turns up ancient Venus marble

There are 158 comments on the CBC story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Macedonian dig turns up ancient Venus marble. In it, CBC reports that:

An archaeologist checks out a sculpture recently unearthed at an archaeological site northwest of Skopje, Macedonia's capital, on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Makedonikos Agonas

Boca Raton, FL

#150 Aug 20, 2008
Sun_Burst wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ignorant? Where do you think the Greeks in Macedonia came from? Here's a refresher:
1913 Greece took half of Macedonia.
1923 Greece and Turkey exchange populations. Millions of Greeks move from Turkey to Macedonia.
Did you check the sources I posted???
The first is an article of NYT on Macedonian ethnicities BEFORE the Balkan Wars. The second is a picture taken at MONASTIRI (Bitola)(not modern Greek Macedonia) and BEFORE the end of the Balkan Wars and the population exchange.
Please read before you post. Here are the hyperlinks again.
NY Times on Macedonian ethnicities ca 1900:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html...
And a touching picture for all. Proves the abundant Greek element in Macedonia even FURTHER NORTH OF THE MODERN GREECE-FYROM/Yugoslavia borderline!
http://www.macedoniaontheweb.com/macedonia-mu...
The picture was taken in the beginning of the 20th century.

“I'm waiting for you!”

Since: Aug 08

Spring, TX

#151 Aug 20, 2008
You don't have to have much of an education to chat with the Macedonians
Helloooo

Dallas, TX

#152 Aug 20, 2008
Texas Jessie wrote:
You don't have to have much of an education to chat with the Macedonians
You seem to be very educated person (I am being sarcastic here)
I don't think you know the difference between their, they are and there are
You must have been a drop-out from school, do you have a GED at least?
Anyway do you worship the Islam because your avatar says so?

“I'm waiting for you!”

Since: Aug 08

Spring, TX

#153 Aug 20, 2008
Helloooo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be very educated person (I am being sarcastic here)
I don't think you know the difference between their, they are and there are
You must have been a drop-out from school, do you have a GED at least?
Anyway do you worship the Islam because your avatar says so?
Um....okay. No need for a discussion here. Moving on.
PIG SLAYER AND CRUCIATOR

Greece

#154 Aug 20, 2008
ONE MACEDONIA wrote:
WELL WELL WELL What a GLORIOUS FIND!
There is plenty more where that came from!
SKOPJE, MACEDONIA – Macedonian archaeologists say they have discovered a well-preserved statue of the goddess of love in the ruins of an ancient Roman city near Skopje.
Archaeologist Marina Oncevska said Thursday that the 5.6-foot-tall marble Venus is a masterpiece of ancient art executed in the late classical Greek tradition. It dates to the second or third century. She says archaeologists found her Tuesday in the ruins of Scupi on the northwest outskirts of Macedonia's capital.
Oncevska says: "The smoothness of the marble and the beauty of the statue give us the clue that this masterpiece came from one of the best artistic schools in the Mediterranean."
The goddess is depicted coyly covering her groin and breasts with her hands and has a dolphin attached to her left leg.
ARHIMALAKA!!!!!!! ANOTHER PROOF THAT THE WHOLE TERRITORY OF PAIONIA AND DARDANIA WAS DURING THE ROMAN TIMES UNDER THE GREEK CULTURAL INFLUENCE, THAT WAS ALLRADY HELLINIZED!!!!!!!!
THIS HAS STOPPED WITH THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR PIGGY ANCHESTORS:
THE BULGARODRUGOVITOSAGUDATOSLAVOT SOBANI!!!!!!!!!
BUT TIME HAS ARRIVED AT LAST FOR THE HISTORY TO TURN AGAIN!!!! TIME TO CLEAN THE AREA OF YOUR DISGUISTING PRESENCE!!!!!!!!!!
PIG SLAYER AND CRUCIATOR

Greece

#155 Aug 20, 2008
ONE MACEDONIA wrote:
WELL WELL WELL What a GLORIOUS FIND!
There is plenty more where that came from!
SKOPJE, MACEDONIA – Macedonian archaeologists say they have discovered a well-preserved statue of the goddess of love in the ruins of an ancient Roman city near Skopje.
Archaeologist Marina Oncevska said Thursday that the 5.6-foot-tall marble Venus is a masterpiece of ancient art executed in the late classical Greek tradition. It dates to the second or third century. She says archaeologists found her Tuesday in the ruins of Scupi on the northwest outskirts of Macedonia's capital.
Oncevska says: "The smoothness of the marble and the beauty of the statue give us the clue that this masterpiece came from one of the best artistic schools in the Mediterranean."
The goddess is depicted coyly covering her groin and breasts with her hands and has a dolphin attached to her left leg.
...and something more about your famous-illiterate like you-archaeologist Marina: If we should believe in you then she declared that the statue belongs to the 2nd or 3rd c. This means in the roman imperial times. All the sculpture of this period is just single immitation of the classical art. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LATE CLASSICAL GREEK ART WHICH IS THE PERIOD BETWEEN 350-330 B.C.!!!

UNEDUCATED MALAKOPITOURES!!!!! SO, PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN OF THE GREEK LEGACY! IF THIS STATUS IS DESTINED TO BE TRANSFERRED IN FRONT OF YOUR STALINISTIC BUILDINGS TO BE USED AS A DECORATION FOR YOUR CHAOTIC STUPIDITY IT IS BETTER TO COVER IT AGAIN WITH EARTH!!!!!!!!
STATUES ARE MEMORY LOADS, NOT DECORS FOR CLOWN BARBARIAN PRESENTATION !!!!!!!!!!
The Glory of Greece

Athens, Greece

#156 Aug 20, 2008
The Glory of Greece wrote:
<quoted text>Are you ignorant? The Greeks in 1913 liberated their brothers in Macedonia where they were majority.
They did exactly the same when they entered in Smyrni and in other places of Minor Asia in 1922. Does this mean that the Greeks weren't majority there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =z9gxXNGSn7sXX&feature=rel ated
In 1913, when the Greeks liberated Macedonia, there lived in Macedonia: Turks that arrived there after 1453, Bulgarians that arrived during the years of the Byzantine Empire,Jews (only in the city of Thessaloniki more than 90.000) that arrived in 1492 from Spain,Vlachs (perhaps descendants of the Romans,Gypsies, and of course Greeks that they were majority+the most ancient of all those ethnicities i reffered, that is to say:THE LEGAL HEIRS of Macedonia!
PRIAPOS

Athens, Greece

#157 Aug 21, 2008
In front of FYROMIAN parliament there is an ancient stone. According to Skopjans , this stone was discovered on "Macedonian land" (the area of Vladovo to be precise) and they placed it at the entrance of the building in order for both Gruevski and Milososki to be reminded of their "glorious past" every day so that they won't make any compromise on the name issue..

How MORONIC can they be? The tablet is inscripted in Hellenic!!!!!!! This is the language that Alexander the Great spoke!!! And since both Gruevski and Milososki have not studied the Hellenic language, they need a translator in order to understand what is inscripted on it! What a friggin joke!!!

So, seriously, where is The Lie Detector, MUD, or Borec now? can they tell me what it says on this stone? As a Hellene, I can!!!
If you look at the stone carefully, one will see that its not the word "Makedonia" that is writen, but rather, its the "Makedoniarchon" word...
Question...What was "Makedoniarchon"???? ?
Answer:They were holders of posts with duties related to organizing the civic imperial cult,something like Administrators of Macedonian Roman province.The word "Makedoniarchon" is itself GREEK: Macedonia+Archon= Macedonia+Governor= Macedonia's Governor!!!!!

This inscription was made by the Macedoniarchon in order to honour his homeland...The same could have been done by any other Governor of a Roman province...

All the above shows us:

-What language was writen (Greek)
-What Macedoniarchon means
-What Macedoniarchons were
-What tactics the FYROMians use to prove their nonexistent "Macedonism"....

Question:where did they find this Greek inscription?????
Answer:In ASAR hill,in MARVINCI village.

FYROM holds only a small part of the Ancient Macedonian region, in the FYROMian southern part.

Next question:Where is MARVINCI Village??
Answer:In SOUTH FYROM,near the borders with Greece and inside the ancient Macedonian region!!!!

What is our conclusion?????

Its simple: FYROMians found a piece of Marble in their southern part next to the borders with Greece and they quickly moved it to a FYROMian Govermental building in order to prove their "Macedonism"...

NICE TACTICS!!!!
Thanasi

Lawrence, MA

#158 Aug 23, 2008
Yesterday you posted something on Wikepedia and today you call it true history! This a tool that fits the Greek mentallity about history --- fabricate and then suppress real truths.

Why don't you start to educate yourselves and read Rawlinson's book on ancient history. He was from Oxford and English and yet was very clear about Macedonians not being a Greek people. He identified them as being closest in all aspects to their neighbors the Illyrians. That is also why the Macedonians intermarried with another of their kindred peoples of Epir. Nothing to do with Greece, remember that these peoples were always known as barbarians until they conquered and subdued Greece. Yes, they used the language for the same reasons we use English today. It's that simple so stop making yourseves the "Bully of the Balkans". You are just not so modern Greeks!!!
patriotis

Aalen, Germany

#159 Aug 23, 2008
Thanasi wrote:
Yesterday you posted something on Wikepedia and today you call it true history! This a tool that fits the Greek mentallity about history --- fabricate and then suppress real truths.
Why don't you start to educate yourselves and read Rawlinson's book on ancient history. He was from Oxford and English and yet was very clear about Macedonians not being a Greek people. He identified them as being closest in all aspects to their neighbors the Illyrians. That is also why the Macedonians intermarried with another of their kindred peoples of Epir. Nothing to do with Greece, remember that these peoples were always known as barbarians until they conquered and subdued Greece. Yes, they used the language for the same reasons we use English today. It's that simple so stop making yourseves the "Bully of the Balkans". You are just not so modern Greeks!!!
Stop spamming and stop pretending you read anything!!!! but i will help you Rawlison!!!

According to the tradition generally accepted by the Greeks, the Macedonian kingdom, which under Philip and Alexander attained to such extraordinary greatness, was founded by Hellenic emigrants from Argos.

( hellenic immigrants from Argos!!)

The reign of Philip is the turning-point in Macedonian his¬tory. Hitherto, if we except Archelaus, Macedonia had not possessed a single king whose abilities exceeded the common average, or whose aims had about them any thing of grandeur. Notwithstanding their ASSERTED AND EVEN ADMITTED Hellenism, the ” barbarian ” character of their training and associations had its effect on the whole line of sovereigns; and their highest qualities were the rude valor and the sagacity bordering upon cunning which are seldom wanting in savages. But Philip was a monarch of a different stamp. In natural ability he was at least the equal of any of his Greek contemporaries; while the circumstances under which he grew to manhood were peculiarly favorable to the development of his talents.

The policy of Alexander, so far as appears, aimed at com¬plete fusion and amalgamation of his own Graeco-Macedonian subjects with the dominant race of the subjugated countries, the Medo-Persians.

His own GRAECO_MACEDONIAN SUBJECTS!!!

come on thanasi!! get real

Macedonian until Death

“UNITED MACEDONIA”

Since: May 08

SOLUN - REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA

#160 Aug 23, 2008
The Glory of Greece wrote:
<quoted text>In 1913, when the Greeks liberated Macedonia, there lived in Macedonia: Turks that arrived there after 1453, Bulgarians that arrived during the years of the Byzantine Empire,Jews (only in the city of Thessaloniki more than 90.000) that arrived in 1492 from Spain,Vlachs (perhaps descendants of the Romans,Gypsies, and of course Greeks that they were majority+the most ancient of all those ethnicities i reffered, that is to say:THE LEGAL HEIRS of Macedonia!
Georgios I - The King of the Greeks

Taking into account the developed need for the urgent and temporary organization of the administration of the territories in Macedonia, occupied by the Greek army. At the proposal of the Ministerial Council, we have decided and command the following. The Minister of Justice Mr. K. Raktivan, as representative of the Greek Government, is instructed to organize the affairs concerning the temporary administration of the occupied territories. The president of the Ministerial Council is to announce and carry out this decree.

Salonika, October 31, 1912

Georgios Ministerial Council President Elefterios Venizelos Members:L.K.Koromilas K.D.Raktivan Eman Repulis I.D.Cirimokos L.Mihalakopulos H.A.Stratos

It is clear that Macedonia was not "liberated" by the Greek army (as the modern Greeks claim) today but occupied by the same. One liberates ones own territory from foreign rule, and only foreign territories are occupied.
Thanasi

Lawrence, MA

#161 Aug 23, 2008
patriotis wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop spamming and stop pretending you read anything!!!! but i will help you Rawlison!!!
According to the tradition generally accepted by the Greeks, the Macedonian kingdom, which under Philip and Alexander attained to such extraordinary greatness, was founded by Hellenic emigrants from Argos.
( hellenic immigrants from Argos!!)
The reign of Philip is the turning-point in Macedonian his¬tory. Hitherto, if we except Archelaus, Macedonia had not possessed a single king whose abilities exceeded the common average, or whose aims had about them any thing of grandeur. Notwithstanding their ASSERTED AND EVEN ADMITTED Hellenism, the ” barbarian ” character of their training and associations had its effect on the whole line of sovereigns; and their highest qualities were the rude valor and the sagacity bordering upon cunning which are seldom wanting in savages. But Philip was a monarch of a different stamp. In natural ability he was at least the equal of any of his Greek contemporaries; while the circumstances under which he grew to manhood were peculiarly favorable to the development of his talents.
The policy of Alexander, so far as appears, aimed at com¬plete fusion and amalgamation of his own Graeco-Macedonian subjects with the dominant race of the subjugated countries, the Medo-Persians.
His own GRAECO_MACEDONIAN SUBJECTS!!!
come on thanasi!! get real
Rawlinson was an authority on Ancient Macedonia! His classic text distinctly differentiates Macedonians from Greeks and he devotes separate chapters to the two in order to reinforce this distinction(his argument in his own words).

You get a life and maybe read some sources other than from greece or from the fake greek studies programs of inferior colleges. Despite the strong arm tactics of the greek lobby and inluences, there remain historians with integrity who set the record straight: Macedonians were not greek!!!
Makedonikos Agonas

United States

#162 Aug 23, 2008
BBC on Alex and ancient Greek Macedon:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures...


History Channel on Alex and ancient Greek Macedon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
hahaha

UK

#164 Sep 20, 2008
geeks, greeks, and wanking in wheelchairs
http://www.matthewgoodsell.co.uk/entry.php...
hehehe

Athens, Greece

#165 Sep 20, 2008
hahaha wrote:
geeks, greeks, and wanking in wheelchairs
http://www.matthewgoodsell.co.uk/entry.php...
Last night i saw your mama at the dark alley,close to your house,with 4 blacks together!

Since: Jul 08

Troy, MI

#166 Jan 17, 2014
Georgios I - The King of the Greeks

Taking into account the developed need for the urgent and temporary organization of the administration of the territories in Macedonia, occupied by the Greek army. At the proposal of the Ministerial Council, we have decided and command the following. The Minister of Justice Mr. K. Raktivan, as representative of the Greek Government, is instructed to organize the affairs concerning the temporary administration of the occupied territories. The president of the Ministerial Council is to announce and carry out this decree.

Salonika, October 31, 1912

Georgios Ministerial Council President Elefterios Venizelos Members:L.K.Koromilas K.D.Raktivan Eman Repulis I.D.Cirimokos L.Mihalakopulos H.A.Stratos
Bronzilla

Athens, Greece

#167 Jan 17, 2014
ALEXIAS MAN wrote:
Georgios I - The King of the Greeks
Taking into account the developed need for the urgent and temporary organization of the administration of the territories in Macedonia, occupied by the Greek army. At the proposal of the Ministerial Council, we have decided and command the following. The Minister of Justice Mr. K. Raktivan, as representative of the Greek Government, is instructed to organize the affairs concerning the temporary administration of the occupied territories. The president of the Ministerial Council is to announce and carry out this decree.
Salonika, October 31, 1912
Georgios Ministerial Council President Elefterios Venizelos Members:L.K.Koromilas K.D.Raktivan Eman Repulis I.D.Cirimokos L.Mihalakopulos H.A.Stratos
ottomans?

“Macedonian, therefore Greek”

Since: Apr 07

Lychnidos, occupied Macedonia

#168 Jan 17, 2014
ALEXIAS MAN wrote:
Georgios I - The King of the Greeks
Taking into account the developed need for the urgent and temporary organization of the administration of the territories in Macedonia, occupied by the Greek army..........
Bad translation.

At the same time he read a telegram from mouslim people of Thessaloniki's suburbs sent to the "governor of Macedonia"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 min MUQ2 252,851
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
More from around the web