Ancient Lovers Are Unearthed in Italy

Full story: Newsday 135
It could be humanity's oldest story of doomed love. Archaeologists have unearthed two skeletons from the Neolithic period locked in a tender embrace and buried outside Mantua, just 25 miles south of Verona, the ... Full Story

“Pingustopher Walken”

Since: Dec 06

Burlington, Canada

#27 Feb 8, 2007
No one important wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one will never discourage anyone's belief system. What you believe is what you believe. However, do you realize that when you engage in conversation with loaded phrases like "Your eternal destiny rests on it!" or "OR you will do it after you die and it will be too late...you will perish in hell forever.", you shoot yourself in the foot because it illustrates to your listeners that your prime motivation for "Believing" is because of Fear rather than the quest for absolute truth. As a result, it tarnishes your humbling faith to others because if begs the question, "What else could fear get you to believe?" Just an opinion from No one important.
Great post, I agree
to no 1 important -Minaya

Randolph, NJ

#28 Feb 8, 2007
you said that my prime motivation was fear...well think about this...if you had your eyes blinded and were walking straight toward a cliff and i yelled to you a warning that said, "Stop! Do not go that way anymore! You will surely die!" then yes, my motivation would be fear. fear that you would fall off the cliff and die. Now when a follower of Christ sounds a warning to someone who is perishing that is done in love. Of course many react the way that you do and the way others reacted, by lashing out, demeaning, making fun, etc. I am afraid...for the souls of those who will be lost eternally.
At best we will live on this earth 80-90 years, maybe 100 if we are blessed to live a long, healthy life. What happens after those years are gone? Eternity is a lot longer than 100 or so years. It's worth getting made fun of by people like you and it just further cements the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way!
Side note: What is the only name that is used as a curse word? Answer: Jesus Christ or God.
No one says, "Mohammed damn it!" or "Buddha damn it!" or when they get mad they don't yell, "Vishnu!" No. Instead the name of the Creator is blasphemed. Why is that? Could it be that He is the One True God? YES! Trust Jesus, turn from your sins and receive eternal life!
bovamangnio

Richfield, WI

#29 Feb 8, 2007
Nick from Baldwin wrote:
I think they were two guys.
I think so too: Romeo and Romeo. I mean, homosexuality has been in existence since the dawn of human civilization.
bovamangnio

Richfield, WI

#30 Feb 9, 2007
Thanks for the entertainment! hahahaha, you all cracked me up, especially Saint Minaya
will

Inwood, NY

#31 Feb 9, 2007
be a shame if it waz a fake
LKfromLI

Addison, TX

#34 Feb 9, 2007
Donna wrote:
You need to OPEN your mind and read the Bible before you find yourself in the pits of Hell wishing you had opened your mind!
<quoted text>
There is no heaven and there is no hell.

You should grow up and face the fact that you will one day DIE and that will be IT.
Then you will rot in the ground the same way road kill does on the side of the highway.
LKfromLI

Addison, TX

#35 Feb 9, 2007
Minaya wrote:
first of all if you want to belittle me and try to insult my intelligence then perhaps you people should learn how to spell. and secondly, dating methods are not perfect and something that happened 4,400 years ago can easily be dated between 5 and 6,000 years. There is usually a plus or minus and as any honest person with a sound mind knows that all dating methods are an inexact science and most are highly flawed. Think the Flood was a myth? Do some research smart guys and tell me how many flood legends there are in ancient cultures and what the stories are. You people open up your mind and pick up a Bible - a book that has never been proven wrong! Never! If it was, it would be on the front page of this and probably every other newspaper in the world...stop listening to the lies of evolution and search out the truth for yourself...turn from your sins and trust Jesus Christ as your savior! Your eternal destiny rests on it! Jesus Christ paid for your sins on the cross...He paid the debt so you don't have to! Remember, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! So, either you will do it on earth and then live forever with God when you die OR you will do it after you die and it will be too late...you will perish in hell forever. It's your choice and if you ignore this warning when you stand before God, He will bring it to your memory and you will regret your decision forever.
No body asked some hippie to die on the cross for their sins, that's something you wackos made up.

Jesus Christ is no savior, he's some legend like Billy the Kid and Johnny Appleseed.

People like you should be put in straight jackets and locked-up.
minaya

Thousand Oaks, CA

#37 Feb 9, 2007
"The fool in is heart said there is no God."

"The preaching of the cross [of Jesus Christ] is foolishness to those who are perishing."

"God's will is that none should perish but that all should come to repentance."

I will pray that your eyes are opened to the truth

Jesus loves you and wants you to turn from your sins and trust Him...

a hippie? I think not. Creator and Savior? You bet!
Bethany M

Fayetteville, TN

#39 Feb 9, 2007
minaya wrote:
"The fool in is heart said there is no God."
"The preaching of the cross [of Jesus Christ] is foolishness to those who are perishing."
"God's will is that none should perish but that all should come to repentance."
I will pray that your eyes are opened to the truth
Jesus loves you and wants you to turn from your sins and trust Him...
a hippie? I think not. Creator and Savior? You bet!
I definitely agree Minaya... what I dont see is how these people don't see that God is real, that Jesus IS our Savior. how can someone believe that this entire world, the universe,or the human body in all it's complexity began with a plasmodic speck, or a "big bang"??? Everything is in perfect harmony and order, as God intended. what happens when an explosion occurs? definitely not order, hmm...i'm thinking more like destruction and chaos! so explain to me, evolutioners, how a bang could create perfect order, and maybe then I will listen to you, but for now, I'm sticking with the Bible, which did you know is also miraculously in perfect order, despite the fact that approximately 40 men wrote it over a span of about 1600 years? check out 1st Thessalonians 2:13, or 2nd Peter 1:20-21. The Bible is no work of man, it's inspired by God, who sent the Holy Spirit to work through these men to spread the Gospel and record it accordingly.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#40 Feb 9, 2007
Bethany M wrote:
<quoted text> I definitely agree Minaya... what I dont see is how these people don't see that God is real, that Jesus IS our Savior.
Because some of us are Jewish.
Minaya

Randolph, NJ

#42 Feb 9, 2007
haha whoops, i mean bethany
Minaya

Randolph, NJ

#41 Feb 9, 2007
Amen, Tiffany! Maranatha! Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
Jesus

United States

#43 Feb 9, 2007
Lady, will you please settle down and leave me out of your conversation ? Geesh !
Angel Hamilton

Peterborough, Canada

#44 Feb 9, 2007
I used to be a born again fundamentalist Christian. I used to preach the bible quotes, wanting to fit in with my Christian friends from bible study and camp and church. I was never forced in to it. I chose it. I also chose to leave my hometown, chose to go on my own for many years. I made mistakes while I was gone but I learned from them. I made new choices. Life is not permanent, its alwasy changing and evolving. Now I choose to study Archeaology and Anthropology, learning to expand my mind in many wasy, to see the history of the globe in its entirety while at the same time believing there is a Higher Power but instead of giving in to fear, I believe in the power of love and compassion. That is what we need the most and I hope that whoever reads this can choose love over hte fear and anger that sometimes convictions and concepts can stir up in ourselves and our familes and communities. We need to hold our thoughts without judgement, to absorb reality that we are individually invovled in witout being so critical. We need to truly learn to love and accept ourselves , forgive ourselves once and for all and move on. It is no use going around blaming others, maniopulating others to get them to agree with you about every thing. Perhpas we need to expand our imagination to the possiblities and wonder of our world, put aside our percieved differences and see things in persepctive once we realize that we are all deeply interconnected in this universe, all of our atoms, cells, molecules, genes are the same things within all living things, which are constantly being changed, over and over.
bovamangnio

Richfield, WI

#45 Feb 9, 2007
Angel Hamilton wrote:
I used to be a born again fundamentalist Christian. I used to preach the bible quotes, wanting to fit in with my Christian friends from bible study and camp and church. I was never forced in to it. I chose it. I also chose to leave my hometown, chose to go on my own for many years. I made mistakes while I was gone but I learned from them. I made new choices. Life is not permanent, its alwasy changing and evolving. Now I choose to study Archeaology and Anthropology, learning to expand my mind in many wasy, to see the history of the globe in its entirety while at the same time believing there is a Higher Power but instead of giving in to fear, I believe in the power of love and compassion. That is what we need the most and I hope that whoever reads this can choose love over hte fear and anger that sometimes convictions and concepts can stir up in ourselves and our familes and communities. We need to hold our thoughts without judgement, to absorb reality that we are individually invovled in witout being so critical. We need to truly learn to love and accept ourselves , forgive ourselves once and for all and move on. It is no use going around blaming others, maniopulating others to get them to agree with you about every thing. Perhpas we need to expand our imagination to the possiblities and wonder of our world, put aside our percieved differences and see things in persepctive once we realize that we are all deeply interconnected in this universe, all of our atoms, cells, molecules, genes are the same things within all living things, which are constantly being changed, over and over.
EAT THAT, MINAYA!!!
Minaya

Randolph, NJ

#46 Feb 9, 2007
Eat that? Are you serious? You believe and like what bovamangnio wrote? It's funny how people will go along with nonsense and shrug off Christ.

You don't think that Christianity is love? It's all about love. Christ died for us because He loves us. Christians share their faith with others through AND because of love. Do you think true followers of Christ like getting made fun of? Persecuted? Singled out? No, of course not. However, that's just in America. We have it easy compared to believers around the world. In other countries people are killed every day for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

It's ironic really...if you think about it...those who preach tolerance of everything are the most intolerant of all when it comes to the beliefs of so-called "Fundamentalist Christians." It's a Catch-22...how can someone who says they are tolerant be so intolerant toward a particular group of people?

I'm sorry you left the faith bovamangnio. In this era of moral relativism, people like to believe that there are many truths...I beg to differ. 2 + 2 cannot equal 4, 5 and 6 at the same time. 2 + 2 always equals 4. The absolute truth is that 4 is the answer to that equation.

Compare that simple logistical equation and do an analogy between Christ being the only way to heaven. All religions cannot be right. One has to be correct. Is it the one that teaches to kill the infidel? Is it the one that says there is no reality apart from Brahman (everything is an illusion)? Is it the one of endless cycle of death, rebirth, death, rebirth, death, rebirth, death, rebirth, etc. until final extinction?

Or is it the faith that preaches to love your neighbors? Bless those who curse you, pray for those who curse you...if someone steals your coat give them your tunic too, etc. Is it the faith where God, Himself, humbled Himself and put on mortal flesh to become one of us so he could become the propitiation for our sins? Is it the faith that has never been proven wrong even though countless have tried? Is it the faith that has been backed up time after time through archaeology, anthropology, etc.? Is it the faith where our moral system comes from?

If the God of the Bible does not exist then how do we determine what is right and wrong? If truth is whatever ever an individual person thinks it to be (moral relativism) then who are we to criticize someone who murders, lies, steals, assaults, rapes, embezzles, etc.? Perhaps in that person's eyes, those things that i have mentioned are the right thing to do...

but no, we all know that those things are illegal and wrong ...we know right from wrong because our Creator, Jesus Christ, wrote those commandments in our hearts...it is in our conscience...think about it...search for the truth with an open heart and you will find Jesus there...
Minaya

Randolph, NJ

#47 Feb 9, 2007
i meant to write what Angel Hamilton wrote, not what you wrote bovamangnio

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#48 Feb 9, 2007
Minaya wrote:
Eat that? Are you serious? You believe and like what bovamangnio wrote? It's funny how people will go along with nonsense and shrug off Christ.
You don't think that Christianity is love? It's all about love. Christ died for us because He loves us. Christians share their faith with others through AND because of love. Do you think true followers of Christ like getting made fun of? Persecuted? Singled out? No, of course not. However, that's just in America. We have it easy compared to believers around the world. In other countries people are killed every day for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
It's ironic really...if you think about it...those who preach tolerance of everything are the most intolerant of all when it comes to the beliefs of so-called "Fundamentalist Christians." It's a Catch-22...how can someone who says they are tolerant be so intolerant toward a particular group of people?
I'm sorry you left the faith bovamangnio. In this era of moral relativism, people like to believe that there are many truths...I beg to differ. 2 + 2 cannot equal 4, 5 and 6 at the same time. 2 + 2 always equals 4. The absolute truth is that 4 is the answer to that equation.
Compare that simple logistical equation and do an analogy between Christ being the only way to heaven. All religions cannot be right. One has to be correct. Is it the one that teaches to kill the infidel? Is it the one that says there is no reality apart from Brahman (everything is an illusion)? Is it the one of endless cycle of death, rebirth, death, rebirth, death, rebirth, death, rebirth, etc. until final extinction?
Or is it the faith that preaches to love your neighbors? Bless those who curse you, pray for those who curse you...if someone steals your coat give them your tunic too, etc. Is it the faith where God, Himself, humbled Himself and put on mortal flesh to become one of us so he could become the propitiation for our sins? Is it the faith that has never been proven wrong even though countless have tried? Is it the faith that has been backed up time after time through archaeology, anthropology, etc.? Is it the faith where our moral system comes from?
If the God of the Bible does not exist then how do we determine what is right and wrong? If truth is whatever ever an individual person thinks it to be (moral relativism) then who are we to criticize someone who murders, lies, steals, assaults, rapes, embezzles, etc.? Perhaps in that person's eyes, those things that i have mentioned are the right thing to do...
but no, we all know that those things are illegal and wrong ...we know right from wrong because our Creator, Jesus Christ, wrote those commandments in our hearts...it is in our conscience...think about it...search for the truth with an open heart and you will find Jesus there...
and what if we are Jewish?
bovamangnio

Richfield, WI

#49 Feb 10, 2007
Minaya wrote:
Yo, woman or man, whoever you are, my religion is older than yours: it's called Evolutionism, so you could shove everything you wrote down your own throat. Remember, Jesus Christ, your Creator, only lived 2000 years ago. People like you and me walked on this earth way before that time. Did your Jesus Christ create them too? Did he create Homo habilis? Did he create Homo erectus? Did he create Homo neanderthalensis? Did he create Homo sapiens? Did he create you? I THINK NOT! I'm sorry that you have repeatedly imposed your faith on others, and repeatedly protested that yours is the only true one. To me, that is morally wrong. To be honest, your more pious than the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury. At least they have the wisdom to acknowledge and accept the diversity of religions in this world. But you, you have gone way beyond them. There are more non-Christians in this world and other religions that preceded Christianity. Now, Minaya, that is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!!
Minaya

Randolph, NJ

#51 Feb 10, 2007
you are right about one thing bovamangnio - there are more non-christians in the world. that is true.

now, about imposing my faith? last time i checked this is a free country. i am free to write what i wish on this thread and so are you. if you hate it that much you are free to leave.

your post shows that you have no understanding of the Bible. None, whatsoever. Jesus Christ became flesh and came to earth 2,000 years ago, which you admit. That is true. He came in the flesh 2,000 years ago, He was alive since the beginning of time. In the beginning God created them male and female and this is what he said. "Let Us make man in Our image." The Us and Our in that statement is, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

Your lack of understanding is what the Jehovah's witnesses believe, which is that Christ came later and is not eternal. They also believe that you need works to be saved, but the Bible teaches we are saved by grace through faith - that salvation is a gift from God. And there are no good works that we can do to assure us entrance into heaven.

Now, true Christians, when they follow Christ, perform good works because they want to please God - but good works won't get us into heaven - and neither will following the wrong "god."

The Pope and the Archbishop compromise the truth to be pleasers of men. Christ never did that! Christ, Himself said in John 14:6, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one gets to the Father but by Me."

That's what Christ said, and Christ is eternal.

Other religions that preceded Christianity? Sure. If you are referring to the Jews, Christ was a Jew Himself. He was inherently Jewish and so were His followers.

To answer your question Holysmokes, the Bible says that blindness in part has happened to the Jews until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in and then all Israel will be saved.

I suggest that you check out these prophecies from the Old Testament that Christ fulfilled.
Genesis 1:26; 3:15; 12:3; 49:10, Isaiah 9:6-7; Micah 5:2, Daniel 9:25; Isaiah 7:14; Psalm 2:7; All of Psalm 22; Deuteronomy 18:15; all of Isaiah 50; all of Isaiah 53; Zechariah 9:9, 11:12; Psalm 34, Psalm 35; Zechariah 12:10; Psalm 16:10-11, 49:15; Psalm 68:18; Malachi 3:2-3, etc. Those are just many. I hope you will take the time to look some of them up.

One more thing Bovamangnio, I am a man and I pray that your eyes will be opened to the truth. I pray that you honestly and earnestly check into the things which you have mentioned.

For more information from scientists and doctors of Astronomy, biology, Astrophysics, geology, etc., every vain of science that you can think of that have searched for the truth of those things which you have named and found that the real truth was Jesus Christ, check out answers in Genesis - do a google search. Many were former evolutionists who came to faith in Christ when they tried to prove evolution true and the Bible wrong. What they found was the exact opposite. Jobe Martin is one of them. Search for him too if you are so inclined.

Come let us reason together...read Isaiah 1:18

God bless you in your quest for ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 min Homer 209,328
On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Discovered (Feb '13) Sun Sambool Khan 14
Province set to buy Grace Islet; ends First Nat... Jan 21 Bob 1
Prehistoric sex toys are kind of hard to look at Jan 13 texastwostep 1
10 World's Oldest Things From Armenia Jan 12 Mary joe 42
Archaeology: New technologies reveal hidden sec... Jan 11 kirann 1
Ancient mummy prepared for public exhibition af... Jan 8 lol 2
More from around the web