Ancient Egyptian brewer's tomb found

Ancient Egyptian brewer's tomb found

There are 2 comments on the BBC News story from Jan 3, 2014, titled Ancient Egyptian brewer's tomb found. In it, BBC News reports that:

Archaeologists have discovered the tomb of a brewer who served an ancient Egyptian court more than 3,000 years ago in Luxor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC News.

SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2014
From bbc.com :

The man buried in it was "head of beer production", archaeologists say.

A Japanese team found the tomb during work on another tomb belonging to a top official under Pharaoh Amenhotep III, who died around 1354 BC.

Me: Yet EU/Germany et al tell today the world otherwise.
Mrs Kresge

Old Lyme, CT

#2 Jan 11, 2014
Head of beer production. There's a laffer. Actually, the Japanese excavation was for a horde (26 or 27) of quarters buried by little Hamid Kibbe a couple of years ago. It had to do with some wacky Japanese game show with big foam rubber feet, crocodiles (also foam rubber), and durian fruit. Long story short, Hamid's mother was pissed that he stole her pin money and threatened to lash him but good. The Japanese heard about it (how?) and felt a moral imperative to save poor Hamid from abuse (why?). They gave him a bike. Now nobody cares. Makes you wonder just what in hell this world is coming to. Sheesh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web