Is this Jesus's cross? Archaeologists...

Is this Jesus's cross? Archaeologists in Turkey may have uncovered a...

There are 15 comments on the Daily Mail story from Aug 2, 2013, titled Is this Jesus's cross? Archaeologists in Turkey may have uncovered a.... In it, Daily Mail reports that:

It was discovered in a stone chest on the site of seventh-century Balatlar Church in Sinop and tests are now being carried out to try to determine its authenticity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

Kannibaal M

Nieuwe Pekela, Netherlands

#1 Aug 2, 2013
So...

I assume the place is going to be destroyed and a mosque will be put over it by the local tribe of dwarfed flatheaders?

And then they'll cut a dozen goat's throats over it to show their totem that the toorkers are even willing to sacrifice their concubines.

Read next month's National Geographic, stinkies!

Be sure you'll be portrayed as tribal wicked incestuous savages to the international interested audience.
sam

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Aug 2, 2013
Yes
Jesus walked all the way to turkey over 500 miles and left a little cross in middle of no where and went over 500 miles back home, therefore it is assumed it belongs to Jesus.

Is the archeologist in his right mind or just plain retarded ?
sam

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 2, 2013
and Jesus already knew that 300 years after his crucifcation the Cross will become a symbol of Christianity, and therefoe before his Crucifiction he forgot his little cross in turkey.

This proves the turkish archeologist is retarded
sam

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Aug 2, 2013
Why are tukrs so STUPID ????
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#6 Aug 3, 2013
sam wrote:
and Jesus already knew that 300 years after his crucifcation the Cross will become a symbol of Christianity,
so if cross is not sacred How could you make it a symbol?
murat von zurixh

Switzerland

#7 Aug 3, 2013
there is no proof about its authenticity at all.

we Turks also claim that virgin Merry born In Turkey, how ridiculous is this.http://en.wikipedia.org/w iki/House_of_the_Virgin_Mary

we_turks through out history have very bad records about the treatment of christianity in Turkey. ironically we turn every rumour as a fact and presenting it as autenthic like in those link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Vir...

we are simply not authentic withourself too. how bizare is that!!!
Kannibaal M

Nieuwe Pekela, Netherlands

#8 Aug 3, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
so if cross is not sacred How could you make it a symbol?
Indeed.

And there's no proof at al this sandal-wearing jesus-fellow was hung on a cross at all.

But at least he was a gentleman.

And there's not a single person living in the middle east in this day and age, in that flyblown inbreeder's cesspit, that can be deemed a gentleman.

To put it mildly.
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#9 Aug 3, 2013
murat von zurixh wrote:
there is no proof about its authenticity at all.
we Turks also claim that virgin Merry born In Turkey, how ridiculous is this.http://en.wikipedia.org/w iki/House_of_the_Virgin_Mary
we_turks through out history have very bad records about the treatment of christianity in Turkey. ironically we turn every rumour as a fact and presenting it as autenthic like in those link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Vir...
we are simply not authentic withourself too. how bizare is that!!!
it is good acting armenian!!! You are not Turks but sneak.
murat von zurich

Switzerland

#10 Aug 3, 2013
I'm glad i'm unlike you, not all Turks like me or you and not everything is as black and white as you think..
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
it is good acting armenian!!! You are not Turks but sneak.
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#11 Aug 3, 2013
being el salvador is like catching speed of light so you have no chance armonkey.
murat von zurich wrote:
I'm glad i'm unlike you, not all Turks like me or you and not everything is as black and white as you think..
<quoted text>
el salvador

Istanbul, Turkey

#12 Aug 3, 2013
Kannibaal M wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
sandal-wearing jesus-
what did you expect adidas wearing jesus in that age ?
sam

United States

#13 Aug 3, 2013
el salvador wrote:
<quoted text>
so if cross is not sacred How could you make it a symbol?
Cross became a sacred symbol some 300 years after Crucifiction when Christianity spread across the world.
Fist country that adopted Christianity in 315 AD was Armenia, then 335 AD, Georgia and 355 AD, Rome.

The archeologist in turkey doesn't know what she is talking about.
TRUTHlover

Rockdale, Australia

#14 Aug 4, 2013
sam wrote:
Yes
Jesus walked all the way to turkey over 500 miles and left a little cross in middle of no where and went over 500 miles back home, therefore it is assumed it belongs to Jesus.
Is the archeologist in his right mind or just plain retarded ?
that is typical for Armenians ... your people .... you idiot....you have even not read the article .... typical never checking the facts .... just talking from hear-saying ....

if you dumb-head would have read the article, then you would know how the Christian legend (not Turkish!) explains how this artifact made his way to Sinop/modern Turkey ....

cheers,
murat von zurich

Switzerland

#15 Aug 4, 2013
wtf have you missed your medication today?
el salvador wrote:
being el salvador is like catching speed of light so you have no chance armonkey.
<quoted text>
hrant fink

Istanbul, Turkey

#16 Aug 4, 2013
yes jesus bought a carpet and an interesting cross form Turkey.Suddenly jews saw him.They tried to take his carpet n cross but Jesus punched one of these bQstards.They put Jesus on the cross n beat him all day!
Jews saw some Turkish villagers n decided to escape.They have forgotten the cross!!!
YES it's beong to Jesus!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Sun namredipsobla 256,357
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr 15 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar 27 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
More from around the web