Ancient Buddhist temple found in Chin...

Ancient Buddhist temple found in China's Taklimakan Desert

There are 5 comments on the AndhraNews story from May 7, 2012, titled Ancient Buddhist temple found in China's Taklimakan Desert. In it, AndhraNews reports that:

The ruins of a Buddhist temple dating back 1,500 years ago have been discovered in China's largest desert, offering valuable research material for historians studying Buddhism's spread from India to China.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AndhraNews.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1 May 7, 2012
Another Buddhist spot that will be turned into Tourism to earn money. If handed to Tibetan Buddhists then only Buddhist temples in China will maintain it's spiritual values, otherwise will be used for earning money by CCP and fake Han Buddhists.
Big Bushes Of Bananas

Goodman, MO

#2 Jun 20, 2012
wow that has to be a horrible place to live, quote " Taklamakan is the world's second largest shifting sand desert with about 85% made up of shifting sand dunes ranking 18th in size in a ranking of the world's largest non-polar deserts.

In recent years, the People's Republic of China has constructed a cross-desert highway that links the cities of Hotan and Luntai. In recent years, the desert has expanded in some areas, its sands enveloping farms and villages as a result of desertification. Taklamakan is a paradigmatic cold desert climate. Given its relative proximity with the cold to frigid air masses in Siberia, extreme lows are recorded in wintertime, sometimes well below −4 F."

yikes...sounds terrible. I'd rather be on the sun soaked beaches in New Zealand. waiting on my cottage when RohanX gets it ready
Big Bushes Of Bananas

Goodman, MO

#3 Jun 20, 2012
you know how cold -4 is, it means your butt cheeks freeze together, listening to chinese radio powered by two DC +- wires connected to a tiny 12 volt battery while getting wind whipped and waiting for the sand storm, wondering where all the people went you noticed that it's so quite that you could hear a pin drop.
It is so cold, it's even colder than cold because dry cold.
Big Bushes Of Bananas

Goodman, MO

#4 Jun 20, 2012
What you're doing is you're listening on a chinese made radio listening to Chinese radio. Sort of double jeapordy of chinese fine products.

I resided in the desert for a few years. There are a lot of rats and snakes, scopions, jack rabbits, and coyotes.

The Side winder rattle snake travels extremely fast and travel sideways instead of forward. Truely Amazing. They may travel at 50 mph.

Plus there are a lot of crummy ass people live in the desert from the ordinary lizard sun soaker, from the California cabin vistiors, to the guys trying to stay away from the public. I lived by desert people who were really mean spirited and stayed completely drunk most of the time.

But all California's are assholes. I hated California. Everybody is a movie star. I hate movie stars equally, especially musicians.

Hey assholes if you're out there. You suck.

I once accidently ran over a 12 foot rattle snake whose round body 12 to 16 in. round on a motor cycle. Poor thing. I didn't want to stick around to see if he/she wasd okay. I never seen a rattlesnake that big traveling beside where I was although when I hit a rabbit one time I can never forgive myself for that one because I could have prevented it.
ever.
Big Bushes Of Bananas

Goodman, MO

#5 Jun 20, 2012
Hey I like your monkey. If I ever get my cottage in Flushing New York. I'd like to get me one of those.
Big fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Sat LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov 5 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Scientists discover mysterious 'void' in Great ... Nov 3 NOM s Waffle House 1
News Border walls are going up globally at a dizzyin... Oct 30 jarrfan 1
More from around the web