Archaeology and Mormonism

Jun 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Idaho State Journal

A Brigham Young University graduate student will present his findings before a local audience June 21 that certain ancient cultures in Mesoamerica might be those discussed in the Book of Mormon. via Idaho State Journal

Comments
81 - 87 of 87 Comments Last updated Jan 7, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Nov 24, 2013
 
WeAreEverywhere wrote:
Here is an interesting article on the ridiculous nature of the Mormon version of archaeology used to support their church, and how it contradicts reality:
If your opinion is as reliable as your link, you're not obviously trying to prove anything and why am I not surprised :)
Pos

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Dec 18, 2013
 
Nicki wrote:
Apparently, they can't handle the truth and prefer hocus pocus.
Good one

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Jan 5, 2014
 
In your world everything is just an opinion. That includes, facts, archaeology, proof, demonstrated evidence, irrefutable proof, examples, sound logic...
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If your opinion is as reliable as your link, you're not obviously trying to prove anything and why am I not surprised :)

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Jan 5, 2014
 
SO you are confident that God "cursed" some Jews and made their skin darker as a sign of their unrighteousness... as stated all over the book of Mormon
Quiet_Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wish to rain on your parade, but the Bible didn't exsist when Revelations was written. The Bible is an anthology of Christian writings that are accepted as a canon, or as basic writings that are unargueble accepted by all members of the faith. Revelations 22:18 applys only to the Book of Revelations.
So who has the stones to tell God to shut-up and not speak to us any more? I don't. I will accept everything he wants to send my way as long as I'm confident it is from him. To do otherwise would be to damn myself, as it is the same as telling him to shut-up.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Jan 6, 2014
 
osirica wrote:
In your world everything is just an opinion. That includes, facts, archaeology, proof, demonstrated evidence, irrefutable proof, examples, sound logic...
<quoted text>
Was there a point to your post or have you just decided to speak like an attack dog minus having anything intelligent and polite to say?
PS, everything is based on opinions whether evidence or no evidence accompanies that opinion. I would think you would know that but I am wrong?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Jan 7, 2014
 
all that you say is just your opinion.

And yes you place more empathsis and value on one's opinion than on one's evidence. As if it's worth arguing...

You know... like Mormons do when their theological positions are resoundingly destroyed
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a point to your post or have you just decided to speak like an attack dog minus having anything intelligent and polite to say?
PS, everything is based on opinions whether evidence or no evidence accompanies that opinion. I would think you would know that but I am wrong?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Jan 7, 2014
 
osirica wrote:
all that you say is just your opinion.
And yes you place more empathsis and value on one's opinion than on one's evidence. As if it's worth arguing...
You know... like Mormons do when their theological positions are resoundingly destroyed
<quoted text>
You're talking in circles like you use to do with nothing intelligent to discuss. Boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 min SamBee 199,621
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Wed Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
•••
•••