Origin of Hindu Brahmins

Origin of Hindu Brahmins

There are 191 comments on the Dienekes' Anthropology Blog story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Origin of Hindu Brahmins. In it, Dienekes' Anthropology Blog reports that:

Sengupta et al. suggest a Paleolithic/Neolithic, pre-Indo-European, origin of most Hindu Y chromosomes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dienekes' Anthropology Blog.

HUMAN

India

#72 Sep 8, 2011
deshastha Brahman wrote:
e lawdya shudra warrior bunni cut karin tuzi. Tula brahman bail zawayla awadnarach. Tuzi aai hijri ahe na. Aaighalya punjabi madhe kashala lihtos puchchyat dam asel tar swatachya bhashet lihi ki kalya bhokachya
just ask u r forfathers how u got cat eyes from??????????
n if u dont get answer i will answer u
so better think who actually were shudras in the guise of brahmins
BRAHMIN BHIKARI

Mumbai, India

#73 Sep 12, 2011
deshastha Brahman wrote:
Your Shudra women used to be PROSTITUTES & LAVANI DANCERS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Tuzi Aai Rand Ahe!
VEDYA ITIHAS VACHAT JA
APLI BRAHMAN SAMAJ HEY BHIKSA GHEYUN JAGAT ASTAT
AAPAUN DAKSHINA GHEYUB GHEYUN SHREEMANT ZHALO NA
APUN SHUDRA LOKAN KADNA PAISE GHEYUN TYANCHA CHUL KARUN SHREEMANT ZHALO NA
ITIHAS VACHAR JARE
Another Brahmin

Kothagudem, India

#74 Sep 22, 2011
indian pride wrote:
<quoted text>
you dirty brahmin piece of shit. bless your caste people only huh. and all the people you've mentioned don't look caucasian to me.
Do you look like one? No matter what you look like does it change the rotten person you are anyway. When people say stupid things, learn to shut up and smile than go to depths like this. This just shows how inferior you feel about yourself.
Cheers,
Another Brahmin

Since: Oct 11

Palakkad, India

#75 Oct 24, 2011
To Iyn,Idiot.In iyengar community only Vadagalai iyengars are fair.Rest of them are dark.So,shut the hell up.But in Iyer community,in all sects you can find fair and beautiful people.(Be it Vadama,Brahacharanam,Vathima,C hoziyyar,Gurukkal etc.)Beautiful people are found in any colour.It has nothing to do with beauty.
Pure Hindu

Mississauga, Canada

#76 Nov 1, 2011
Brahmins are a curse to Hindus and India. Very soon they are going tobe kicked out of India by the very Hindus,who were degraded by thse Brahmins as Vaisyas,Shudras,and untouchables.
Dalitastan

Europe

#77 Nov 2, 2011
Brahmins are bastards - shove your caste system up your arse
randi tiwari

Houston, TX

#78 Nov 3, 2011
babhans are bhikharie purane jamane me inka bas ek kaam tha gali gali gand marwa kar bheek(daan) mangna aur paiso ke liye rajao se ma behen chudwa lena
buriya pathak

Houston, TX

#79 Nov 3, 2011
ineko jada bheek na de 50paise ya lund chata de ye pandito ka purana kaam hai
ajay

Balu, India

#80 Nov 3, 2011
randi tiwari wrote:
babhans are bhikharie purane jamane me inka bas ek kaam tha gali gali gand marwa kar bheek(daan) mangna aur paiso ke liye rajao se ma behen chudwa lena
tum b chudba lo apni chut mera bekrarhe
MUKUND ZALKI

India

#81 Jan 15, 2012
BRAHMINS ARE NO DOUBT ENJOYED THEIR SUPREMACY PREVIOUSLY. BUT THE PRESENT SITUATION OF BRAHMINS ARE WORST. NOW THEY HAVE LOST LANDS, JOBS, POWER ETC. BUT STILL OTHERS ARE HATING BRAHMINS WHY ? TODAYS BRAHMINS ARE SEEMS TO BE INNOCENT. IT IS NOT GOOD TO REPEAT HISTORY. CONSTITUTION HAS GIVEN YOU 64 YEARS OF RESERVATION STILL DALITS ARE CALLING THEMSELVES BACKWARD AND DOWNTRODDEN. PLEASE DO NOT INSULT SRI AMBEDKARJI. PLEASE LEAVE RESERVATION POLICY ON INCOME BASIS.
Lappi

United States

#82 Jan 25, 2012
Very proud being a brahmin
Juppi

United States

#83 Jan 25, 2012
It is great feeling that, i am belongs to brahmin community
BRAHMIN BHIKARI

Mumbai, India

#84 Jan 25, 2012
Brahmin saale asli bhikhari the in that time ye jo aaj fale foole hain keval bheek ke karan jo hum log inhe bhiksah(begger) dakhina(begger) ke roop me diya karte the aaj bhi bahut se bhikahri pandit bheek mang mang kar india me apna pet palte hain aur khud ko bina karm kiye mahan kahte hai

aap hi batao ki kya koi bheek mangne wala mahan kahlata hai ye sale mandir ke liye bheek mangte hain chande ke roop me aur jab mandir ban jata hai bheek ke chande se to mandir per batith kar apni chaturai pelte hai lekin kitna bhi chupa len asliyat samne aa hi jati hai aur koi kucch kahe to jhagda karne per utaru ho jate hain kya karen sach kadwa hota hai na wakhi me ye pracheen kal ke bhikmange hain

ab dekhiye--VEDYA ITIHAS VACHAT JA
APLI BRAHMAN SAMAJ HEY BHIKSA GHEYUN JAGAT ASTAT
AAPAUN DAKSHINA GHEYUB GHEYUN SHREEMANT ZHALO NA
APUN SHUDRA LOKAN KADNA PAISE GHEYUN TYANCHA CHUL KARUN SHREEMANT ZHALO NA
ITIHAS VACHAR JARE
brahmins are latrine

Indore, India

#85 Jan 26, 2012
ek brahmin ko tatti(latrine) bhiksha (daan) me di to wo bhi wo bhagwan ka prasaad samjh kar kha gaya wah kya priest hain brahmins sale cow piss drinker and cow dung eater brahmins
Robin Datta

United States

#86 Feb 25, 2012
How about Muslim Brahmins?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#87 May 12, 2012

Location hidden

#88 May 12, 2012
Haplogroup J2a-M410 in India was found to be largely confined to the castes[20] with no occurrence in the tribals, but a new study has found it at higher percentages (10%) among the Tharu indigenous people of Terai, Nepal.[31] In India, the J2 haplogroup is almost absent from tribals. (((((Haplogroup J2b is associated with the Neolithic Greeks that spread agriculture. It has been found in the Dravidian middle classes in high frequencies also in the Northwest of India.))))(((The frequency of J2 is higher in South Indian castes (19%) than in North Indian castes (11%) or Pakistan (12%).)))[20] Haplogroup J was found to be even more common in India's Shia Muslim community, of which 28.7% belong to haplogroup J, with 13.7% in J2a-M410, 10.6% in J1 and 4.4% in J2b.[32] The high variance of J2b2 in South Asia indicates a probable pre-Neolithic migration.(wikipedia)

Location hidden

#89 May 12, 2012
J2

Main article: Haplogroup J2 (Y-DNA)

Haplogroup J2 It is composed of several sub-Haplogroups representing several different countries like Turkey, Iraq, Kurdistan, Lebanon, Syria, Armenia, Georgia, Aegean, Balkan, Italy. One sub Haplogroup M172* is mainly found in the Northern Fertile Crescent, the Mediterranean, Iran, Central Asia, and Southern Europe. Is is though to have originated in Anatolia (Turkey and Kurdstan) ie North Mesopotamia, and spread to Europe and to other Middle countries like Lebanon Palestine Iraq, Syria. J2 subclades is found also in Armenia, Azerbaijan), Iran, Central Asia, and South Asia: for example, Muslim Kurds (28.4%), Central Turks (27.9%), Georgians (26.7%), Iraqis (25.2%), Lebanese (25%), Ashkenazi Jews (23.2%), Sephardi Jews (28.6%), Iranians (23.3%), Tajiks (18.4%), and Pakistanis (14.7%). J2 is not regularly found in Semitic-speaking populations of Africa, such as the Amhara and Tigrinya in Ethiopia (Semino et al. 2004). However, J2 has been found to encompass several subhaplogroups (22 subhaplogroups, including 5 that have high frequencies) that originated or expanded in different regions: Italy, the Balkans, the Aegean, Anatolia (Turkey and Kurds), the Caucasus (Georgia), and Somalia (see ref: Semino et al. 2004). Haplogroup J2 was used to be considered a genetic marker of Anatolian Neolithic agriculturalists. It is also very frequent in the Balkans (Greeks 20.6%, Albanians 19.6%) and in southern Italy (16.7-29.1%). Its frequency rapidly drops in the Carpathian basin (Croatians 6.2%, Hungarians 2.0%, Ukrainians 7.3%) and in Southeastern Iranian-speaking areas (Pashtuns 5.2%, Pamiris 6.1%). A significant presence of J2 (J2b2+J2a) was detected in western and south-western India (the highest being 21% among Dravidian middle castes, followed by upper castes, 18.6%, and lower castes 14%; Sengupta et al. 2006).http://familypedia.wikia .com/wiki/Haplogroup_J_%28Y-DN A%29

==========

Origins

Haplogroup J2 is widely believed to be associated with the spread of agriculture from Mesopotamia.[1][9]

"The main spread of J2 into the Mediterranean area is thought to have coincided with the expansion of agricultural people's during the Neolithic period."[2] The age of J2 has been estimated as 18,500 +/- 3,500 years ago.[1] Its distribution, centered in Western Asia and Southeastern Europe, its association with the presence of Neolithic archaeological artifacts, such as figurines and painted pottery,[21] and its association with annual precipitation have been interpreted as evidence that J2, and in particular its J2a-M410 subclade belonged to the agricultural innovators who followed the rainfall.[22] However, Di Giacomo stressed the role of post-Neolithic migratory phenomenon, specifically that of the Ancient Greeks, as also being important in the dispersal of Hg J2.[7](((((( Haplogroup J2b on the other hand is associated with the Neolithic Greeks that spread agriculture.((It has been found in the Dravidian middle classes in high frequencies)) also in the Northwest of India.http://www.enotes.com/to pic/Haplogroup_J2_%28Y-DNA%29

Location hidden

#90 May 12, 2012
The Mediterranean Peoples (Dravidians)

(Extracts from ‘The Original Indians " An Enquiry’ by Dr. A. Desai)

How the Mediterranean people came to be called Dravidians makes interesting story. The Pre-Hellenistic Lycians of Asi Minor, who where probably the Mediterranean stock called themselves Trimmili. Another tribe of this branch in the island of Crete was known by the name Dr(a)mil or Dr(a)miz. In ancient Sanskrit writings we find the terms Dramili and Dravidi, and then Dravida which referred to the southern portion of India.

South India was known to the ancient Greek and Roman geographers as Damirica or Limurike. Periplus Maris Erithroei (Periplus of the Eritrean Sea) in the second or third century AD described the maritime route followed by Greek ships sailing to the South Indian ports:“Then follow Naoura and Tundis, the first marts of Limurike and after these Mouziris and Nelkunda, the seats of government.

Dramila, Dravida and Damirica indicated the territory. Then it was applied to the people living in the territory and the language they spoke, in the local parlance Tamil and Tamil Nadu or Tamilakam.
digg

Pune, India

#91 Jul 16, 2012
HUMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
just ask u r forfathers how u got cat eyes from??????????
n if u dont get answer i will answer u
so better think who actually were shudras in the guise of brahmins
i don't have cat eyes bitch. but you sure have my eye colour. karan mi tuzi eye zavliy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 7 min Shamma 248,205
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr 15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr 10 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
More from around the web